Game of Thrones Season 6

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: Game of Thrones Season 6

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:45 pm

so sorry wrote:Oh yeah, I forgot: WHERE THE FUCK WAS GHOST??????? I thought for SURE when Jon' went out after Rickon that Ghost would show up next to him. Wasted opportunity. But had he been there, he would have died for sure...

on the way to Meerreen like everyone else?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:10 am

sorry guys, but they aren't going to blow up the Iron Throne on a show called "Game of Thrones" with two seasons left.... :-P

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:22 pm

This took way to long to happen...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:36 pm

That was entertaining.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:47 pm

Peven wrote:sorry guys, but they aren't going to blow up the Iron Throne on a show called "Game of Thrones" with two seasons left.... :-P

there are plenty of other thrones. it's called Game of Thrones, not Game of Throne.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:27 pm

nice try but you know better. the Iron Throne is a character in and of itself, it is THE ultimate goal for many and that has driven a major part of the show's plotlines. i don't think they are going to let it be destroyed in such an offhand manner, collateral damage. I think Cersei is going to blow up the church to kill the sparrows and will at least try to blow up the slums since she holds a grudge for her walk of shame.

it would seem that King's Landing should be primed with chaos in one way or another for Dany and her army to walk right in without too much resistance

Cersei flees south with the Mountain and that is when the Sand Snakes kill the Mountain. Jaimie catches up, yada yada yada he kills Cersei for being the cause of Tommen's death after he is already mortally wounded and so dies right after

that's my guess anyway :D

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Fievel on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:29 am

King's Landing will BURRRRRRN!!!!! It has been foreseen!!!

Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:45 am

Fievel wrote:King's Landing will BURRRRRRN!!!!! It has been foreseen!!!

Powerful stuff right there. Also, King's Landing is under a few inches of snow...so the Stark's were right!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:39 pm

Peven wrote:nice try but you know better. the Iron Throne is a character in and of itself, it is THE ultimate goal for many and that has driven a major part of the show's plotlines.

yeah, GoT would NEVER kill off a major character...

anyways, you could burn down all of King's Landing, and the iron throne could still survive. it was forged by the breath of the largest dragon to ever live, so, y'know, it might take more than wildfire to actually destroy it. the fate of the Iron Throne, one way or another, is of no matter to whether the rest of the city gets burned away.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:46 pm

I can see them destroying the Iron Throne as a way to help refocus purpose of forces in the south who have been carrying on scheming and fighting for position for it as if there is no threat from the North. it does seem somewhat premature to me, though, as well as a lack of foreshadowing about the destruction of the Iron Throne itself. we'll see....

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:10 pm

i'm going to revise my prediction. originally i said cersei would burn down King's Landing, accidentally killing Tommen in the process, and then she'd be carried out of the city unconscious by the Mountain, not to learn Tommen's fate til next season. now, i think she WILL see tommen die in the flames, and that it will send her into such a fit of despair, to have watched her final child die, and at her own hands, that she'll respond by killing herself, either by walking into the flames herself, or the more boring way of stabbing herself to death. either way, this will set up some interesting changes for jaime, who will now have lost everything that he ever cared about, and we could see an even more ruthless, bloodthirsty, revenge-minded jaime lannister as the main (human) villain for the remaining two shortened seasons.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:55 pm

TheBaxter wrote:i'm going to revise my prediction. originally i said cersei would burn down King's Landing, accidentally killing Tommen in the process, and then she'd be carried out of the city unconscious by the Mountain, not to learn Tommen's fate til next season. now, i think she WILL see tommen die in the flames, and that it will send her into such a fit of despair, to have watched her final child die, and at her own hands, that she'll respond by killing herself, either by walking into the flames herself, or the more boring way of stabbing herself to death. either way, this will set up some interesting changes for jaime, who will now have lost everything that he ever cared about, and we could see an even more ruthless, bloodthirsty, revenge-minded jaime lannister as the main (human) villain for the remaining two shortened seasons.

If that plays out (cool, btw), then who would Jaime seek revenge against? If that happens, chances are the religious nuts will go down in flames as well. Certainly he couldn't blame it all on anyone by Cersei herself. All he cares about is her. Not even Tommen, really. So if she's out of the picture, what's left for him to do? Kill himself?
I don't see Cersei dying (yet) for that reason alone...it would mean the end of Jaime too. I'm thinking those two go down in flames ( 8-) ) together.

Given that Dany will be on the shores of westeros by episode 2 of next season, I think Tommen will be the next to go, paving the way for Westeros-chaos, politically, for her to get involved in.

As a side note, I will be at a concert Sunday night, so i will not be able to watch this until monday at the earliest (I don't have HBO, I watch it at a friends house). So I may be absent from the Zone for a day or two...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire

Postby Wolfpack on Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:38 pm

This latest episode. Yara and Daenerys were totally eye-fucking each other.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Peven on Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:02 pm

13 episodes left....there is a lot that needs to happen yet....Margaery has to die, too, not just Tommen, because there is no time for a struggle for the Throne and still get the southern forces united and moving north. she has to be dead before Dany shows up with her dragons. that way Dany is able to show up and take advantage of a power vacuum with no ill will toward her for killing or deposing anyone. taking out both Tommen and Margaery with one big explosion seems a little too.....neat. I am sticking with my initial theory about the Mountain killing Tommen, I think cersei resorts to blowing up the place when she sees that Margaery will rule then. the explosion kills Margaery and cersei escapes.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:16 pm

Peven wrote:13 episodes left....there is a lot that needs to happen yet....Margaery has to die, too, not just Tommen, because there is no time for a struggle for the Throne and still get the southern forces united and moving north. she has to be dead before Dany shows up with her dragons. that way Dany is able to show up and take advantage of a power vacuum with no ill will toward her for killing or deposing anyone. taking out both Tommen and Margaery with one big explosion seems a little too.....neat. I am sticking with my initial theory about the Mountain killing Tommen, I think cersei resorts to blowing up the place when she sees that Margaery will rule then. the explosion kills Margaery and cersei escapes.

Well Dany's power struggle has to exist if she shows up with the Tyrell's dead. Its not like the Queen of Thorns is just going to go "oh well, the future of my house is dead, so what the hell I'll back you!".

If Margery survives, then at least there's the possibility of a Tyrell/Targeryan alliance, and a relatively peaceful one.

Then again, Dany could come ashore in Dorne, make an alliance with those gentlemen down there, and then she'd have an even bigger army to march north with!

As it stands now (again, with only 13 or so episodes left), Dany and Crew aren't even aware of the White Walker threat.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire

Postby so sorry on Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:32 pm

Wolfpack wrote:This latest episode. Yara and Daenerys were totally eye-fucking each other.

Wait until the two of them land in Dorne and meet those horndog girls. It's be a gods-damn orgy of eye fucking!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:52 pm

so sorry wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:i'm going to revise my prediction. originally i said cersei would burn down King's Landing, accidentally killing Tommen in the process, and then she'd be carried out of the city unconscious by the Mountain, not to learn Tommen's fate til next season. now, i think she WILL see tommen die in the flames, and that it will send her into such a fit of despair, to have watched her final child die, and at her own hands, that she'll respond by killing herself, either by walking into the flames herself, or the more boring way of stabbing herself to death. either way, this will set up some interesting changes for jaime, who will now have lost everything that he ever cared about, and we could see an even more ruthless, bloodthirsty, revenge-minded jaime lannister as the main (human) villain for the remaining two shortened seasons.

If that plays out (cool, btw), then who would Jaime seek revenge against? If that happens, chances are the religious nuts will go down in flames as well. Certainly he couldn't blame it all on anyone by Cersei herself. All he cares about is her. Not even Tommen, really. So if she's out of the picture, what's left for him to do? Kill himself?
I don't see Cersei dying (yet) for that reason alone...it would mean the end of Jaime too. I'm thinking those two go down in flames ( 8-) ) together.

well, the Tyrells first and foremost. Lady Olenna is out of KL, and if either or both of Margaery or Loras make it out, they'll be on his list too. then there's still the Dornish, who took out Myrcella. and the Starks, because they still think Sansa helped kill Joffrey. and Tyrion, also thought to have killed Joffrey, even though Jaime didn't believe it and freed him, but then he went ahead and killed Tywin so when Tyrion comes back with Dany, that's another target. basically, there's a whole bunch of people who have killed or alleged to have killed members of his immediate family. it won't be just revenge for Cersei (though Cersei's death will be what sets him off) but for the entire Lannister house, and the death of Cersei and Tommen will leave him with nothing left to live for but avenging his house, his sister, his father and children. he'll turn into the dark-side version of Arya, with his own list of names to kill that he can sing himself to sleep with at night.

the idea of Cersei and Jaime going out together does seem appealing. but, that's a romantic way to go out, and these two characters are so despicable that it doesn't seem right they should be allowed to die together, which is probably just how they'd want to go out.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:23 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
so sorry wrote:

well, the Tyrells first and foremost. Lady Olenna is out of KL, and if either or both of Margaery or Loras make it out, they'll be on his list too. then there's still the Dornish, who took out Myrcella. and the Starks, because they still think Sansa helped kill Joffrey. and Tyrion, also thought to have killed Joffrey, even though Jaime didn't believe it and freed him, but then he went ahead and killed Tywin so when Tyrion comes back with Dany, that's another target. basically, there's a whole bunch of people who have killed or alleged to have killed members of his immediate family. it won't be just revenge for Cersei (though Cersei's death will be what sets him off) but for the entire Lannister house, and the death of Cersei and Tommen will leave him with nothing left to live for but avenging his house, his sister, his father and children. he'll turn into the dark-side version of Arya, with his own list of names to kill that he can sing himself to sleep with at night.

There's not enough time left on the TV series to have him swing that crazily off the edge with all those revenge plots methinks. And he has no love for his house either, considering all he's gone thru with that lot of jerks . But this is BOOK Jaime I'm thinking of...TV Jaime is really seen as an anti-hero, so he'll probably go out killing White Walkers after he pries Oathkeeper from Brianne's dead hands.

TheBaxter wrote:the idea of Cersei and Jaime going out together does seem appealing. but, that's a romantic way to go out, and these two characters are so despicable that it doesn't seem right they should be allowed to die together, which is probably just how they'd want to go out.

They can die together despicably, can't they?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:50 pm

so sorry wrote:
Peven wrote:13 episodes left....there is a lot that needs to happen yet....Margaery has to die, too, not just Tommen, because there is no time for a struggle for the Throne and still get the southern forces united and moving north. she has to be dead before Dany shows up with her dragons. that way Dany is able to show up and take advantage of a power vacuum with no ill will toward her for killing or deposing anyone. taking out both Tommen and Margaery with one big explosion seems a little too.....neat. I am sticking with my initial theory about the Mountain killing Tommen, I think cersei resorts to blowing up the place when she sees that Margaery will rule then. the explosion kills Margaery and cersei escapes.

Well Dany's power struggle has to exist if she shows up with the Tyrell's dead. Its not like the Queen of Thorns is just going to go "oh well, the future of my house is dead, so what the hell I'll back you!".

If Margery survives, then at least there's the possibility of a Tyrell/Targeryan alliance, and a relatively peaceful one.

why would you think that? in what Universe do you think that Margaery is going to willingly step down so another chick is able to ascend the Iron Throne? and yes, the Queen of Thorns WILL be willing to make an alliance, hashed out by Tyrion of course, when she sees there is no other way for her house to have any relevance going forward, thanks to the demise of her grandchildren at cersei's hands, and the inevitability of Dany's rule.

edit: in his broken state Loras could live and not have any desire or will to vie for the Throne and make an alliance between the Queen of Thorns and Dany, I an envision the scene with Tyrion and the old bag now, as he makes her understand why throwing in with Dany is the best move the Tyrells can make.
Last edited by Peven on Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheButcher on Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:49 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Peven on Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:40 pm

I have a feeling that after giving the audience what they wanted last week the writers are going to drop the hammer on them this week, I am just not sure how. one look at the title of the episode should give a sense of foreboding, though

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:10 pm

well, we all got a little bit right and a little bit wrong. peven was right (ouch it hurts me to ever say that in any context whatsoever) about only the sept getting blown up and margy dying. i was right that cersei's blowing stuff up would kill tommen, though indirectly rather than directly. and cersei not only survives, but now claims the iron throne herself (still having a tough time buying that the people would go along with that one).

R+L+J. i can finally type that one out without the spoiler text.

so we've got Targaryens+Ironborn+Dorne+Tyrells vs. Lannister vs. King Jon Snow and Lady Mormont in the North (seriously, do NOT fuck with the Mormonts!). not to mention Varys and his magical teleporting powers from Meereen to Dorne and back to the Ironborn fleet next to Dany. the next couple seasons should be FUN. i'm pretty sure we'll see Stark vs Targaryen coming to blows at some point, only to have Bran arrive and tell everyone, hey, Dany, that's your nephew, and then they'll all kiss and make up and start fighting the white walkers. which, speaking of, i was pretty surprised that an episode titled "Winds of Winter" would make it all the way through without a single appearance by a white walker or Night's King. as Benjen said, there's magic in that wall that prevents the dead from passing by.... somehow that wall is coming down.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:05 am

fuck Davos and his newfound sham of morality. where was his conscience as he stood at Stannis's side while Stannis oversaw the burning of people at the stake, as he sacrificed his own son for Stannis, as he supported Stannis even after seeing him use black magic to kill his own brother? fuck Davos and his convenient conscience and fake honor. this also means he is going to die, he made a self-righteous moral stand after being on the wrong side of things for too long. that activates his debt, the blood on his hands. the story will demand payment.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Fievel on Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:22 am

Lady Mormont is a beast and that actress sells the fuck out of that part.
King Snow! Did not expect that!!
I loved Olenna Tyrell's dialogue with the Sand Snakes.
Tyrion being made The Hand was a genuinely sweet moment.
Arya for the motherfucking WIN!! And we got PIE!!!
Glad to see Sam get to Oldtown, but was expecting to see where Gilly and the baby ended up staying...as well as Sam's introduction to the Grand Maester.
R+L=J.....but did Bran understand all of what Lyanna said?
Was hoping for a scene with the Brotherhood Without Banners.... :(
I hope Ser Pounce scratches The Queen as she sleeps.
.Jaime looks just a touch apprehensive about his sister's ascent.
I hope that's not the last of Benjen
Great episode.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:01 pm

Fievel wrote:Lady Mormont is a beast and that actress sells the fuck out of that part.

do NOT fuck with Lady Mormont! she wins the Simon Cowell award for telling stupid people stuff the audience wishes we could tell them.
Fievel wrote:King Snow! Did not expect that!!

but Littlefinger did! i think... loved Sansa' Ramsay-smile, melting away when she catches LF's gaze.
Fievel wrote:I loved Olenna Tyrell's dialogue with the Sand Snakes.

runner-up for the Simon Cowell award
Fievel wrote:Tyrion being made The Hand was a genuinely sweet moment.

not sure Tyrion really earned it (just an episode ago he was trying to cover his ass for the giant meereen invasion) but it was a great moment and showed how good this show can be even in the smaller quiet moments. hopefully Tyrion's second stint as Hand ends better than his first.
Fievel wrote:Arya for the motherfucking WIN!! And we got PIE!!!

she sure made it from Braavos back to the Twins quickly! maybe she caught a ride with Varys on his magic carpet as he was flying back and forth between Dorne and Meereen.
Fievel wrote:Glad to see Sam get to Oldtown, but was expecting to see where Gilly and the baby ended up staying...as well as Sam's introduction to the Grand Maester.

sexists!
Fievel wrote:Was hoping for a scene with the Brotherhood Without Banners.... :(

or the Hound. i'm starting to get worried we may never see Lady Stoneheart on this show.
Fievel wrote:I hope Ser Pounce scratches The Queen as she sleeps.

or Balerion (the cat, not the dragon)
Fievel wrote:.Jaime looks just a touch apprehensive about his sister's ascent.

that's some way to find out your last son just died.
Fievel wrote:I hope that's not the last of Benjen

we hardly knew him (again).
Fievel wrote:Great episode.

yep.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:16 pm

TheBaxter wrote:

but Littlefinger did! i think... loved Sansa' Ramsay-smile, melting away when she catches LF's gaze.

A lot of the reviews I've read said that Sansa was upset at Jon's coronation. I can agree that she might be, somewhat. But yeah, the smile dropped when she caught Littlestalker looking at her. I don't understand how he thinks he can get to the Iron Throne. I just don't. And his admission to Sansa, coupled with his utter creepiness when he took her to the Vale....I don't see how she could even consider teaming up with him. I don't understand where she's at with Jon, but for her to join with Littlefinger would be a dumbly-written move.

Fievel wrote:Tyrion being made The Hand was a genuinely sweet moment.

TheBaxter wrote:not sure Tyrion really earned it (just an episode ago he was trying to cover his ass for the giant meereen invasion) but it was a great moment and showed how good this show can be even in the smaller quiet moments. hopefully Tyrion's second stint as Hand ends better than his first.

I like this scene because he earned this position because of who he is as a person, and that really affected him. His first time as Hand was simply because he was Tywin's son.

Fievel wrote:Arya for the motherfucking WIN!! And we got PIE!!!

TheBaxter wrote:she sure made it from Braavos back to the Twins quickly! maybe she caught a ride with Varys on his magic carpet as he was flying back and forth between Dorne and Meereen.

I've stopped thinking about the fast travel option for these characters. I know that the events don't line up and if I just shut the brain down when that happens, I'm all the better for it.

Fievel wrote:Was hoping for a scene with the Brotherhood Without Banners.... :(

TheBaxter wrote:or the Hound. i'm starting to get worried we may never see Lady Stoneheart on this show.

I had completely written her off. But now, with the BWBs back in the story, it's a horribly cruel tease to not have her in. Although, Beric is still alive.... so that could be the writers' excuse for not having her in.

Fievel wrote:.Jaime looks just a touch apprehensive about his sister's ascent.

TheBaxter wrote:that's some way to find out your last son just died.

I laughed out loud when I read this.....because I hadn't even thought of it that way. I've given approximately zero shits about Tommen since his ascension. He is such a deliberately weak character set among a cast of savages (both physical and intellectual). It was only a matter of time before he died once that crown went on his head. Absolutely no investment in that character for me.

So who is going to support Queen Cersei? She'll get anyone faithful to the Lannister family, but who else? Those in King's Landing have no love for her. I can't think of any major houses that she hasn't pissed off (other than the Frey's....but they shouldn't be a major house - Jaime reinforced their weak status at the dinner).
I wonder if Euron might set sail for King's Landing now that his niece and nephew have joined their ships with Daenerys . That would be an interesting alliance.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Maui on Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:57 pm

So really only two options here with Khaleesi and Jon. Which would you prefer? At odds or romantically involved....or both???

Who get's the 3rd dragon?
Maui
WoWie

Postby Peven on Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:41 pm

unless there is some army out there the show has been keeping in hiding it seems to me that cersei is going to be sorely outmatched in a military confrontation with Dany and Co, even without her dragons

Bran gets a dragon

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Fievel on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:29 pm

Peven wrote:unless there is some army out there the show has been keeping in hiding it seems to me that cersei is going to be sorely outmatched in a military confrontation with Dany and Co, even without her dragons

Bran gets a dragon

...and will learn to fly!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Peven on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:27 am

he learned to ride thanks to the saddle Tyrion made for him back in season 1, which is convenient considering that Tyrion is around to make one that fits dragons now, plus Bran is a warg and so he is able to control one to ride it

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Maui on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:42 pm

Peven wrote:
Bran gets a dragon

Well, he better make some room on the dragon for Tyrion.
Maui
WoWie

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:04 pm

Fievel wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:

A lot of the reviews I've read said that Sansa was upset at Jon's coronation. I can agree that she might be, somewhat. But yeah, the smile dropped when she caught Littlestalker looking at her. I don't understand how he thinks he can get to the Iron Throne. I just don't. And his admission to Sansa, coupled with his utter creepiness when he took her to the Vale....I don't see how she could even consider teaming up with him. I don't understand where she's at with Jon, but for her to join with Littlefinger would be a dumbly-written move.

she wasn't upset about his coronation. she was smiling along just fine til she caught littlefinger's eye. she was happy to see her brother from another mother (and father!) take over as king, besides it's still the north and they're not about a Queen in the North just yet (though Lady Mormont might change all that), and after her convo telling him "oops, sorry i forgot to mention that giant army i had waiting on the other side of the hill, my bad", they're all in on Team Stark and she's as powerful and influential by his side as she would be as queen herself. things might get a little interesting when bran comes back and is all like, "hey, i'm the eldest Stark son, and you're not actually Ned Stark's son anyway, so gimme that crown! and imma gonna marry Lady Mormont while i'm at it, because Damn!" but that's ok, it will free Jon up to marry his Aunt Dany and secure the Stark-Targaryen alliance against the Lannisters.

as for Littlefinger, i have no idea what his plan is, but he definitely has a plan. i think Sansa is his weakness though. he revealed his true ambitions to her, and his desire for her. she now knows exactly what he is, and exactly what he wants, and i think LF has been successful up to this point by hiding his true nature. she can see his true nature though, and won't be fooled or surprised. the only reason she enlisted his aid was as a last resort to win an otherwise unwinnable battle. and just like ramsay, she'll be prepared to deal with LF when that time comes.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:18 pm

I don't see a conflict coming between Team Dany and Team Jon Snowgaryen. The North would be perfectly fine (I think) with a new regime down south, just leave us the fuck alone. And I think Dany would be agreeable to that. My other thought is that Dany and Jon would ultimately marry and rule all of Westeros (her speech to Daario was clearly the shows way of saying she's going to marry someone for alliance purposes). Of course, this would be AFTER everyone defeats the White Walkers.

I don't see Cersei lasting too much longer. She's got the entire world against her at this point. Besides the obvious killing of her own kin and the Tyrells, she killed maybe 100 other members of court. These are high ranking family members of the realm we're talking about…and she killed them. No house in their right mind would follow her at this point. She has to be on her own. The only question is what will Jaime (and his Lannister army) do?

I was a little perplexed by Cersei's reaction to Tommen's death. We know that she knows that she's destined to have all three children die before her. But her actions have always been to try and prevent this. She seemed so non-plussed by Tommen's broken body though. I guess she's finally completely dead inside. But if that's the case, why ascend to the Throne and deal with trying to rule a realm? Maybe she's just insane? I don't think the show will really dive into this much, its just going to go on with her in power with no questions from anyone in king's landing trying to stop her (save maybe Jaime?). I think Kings Landing will be a speed bump on the trip to the North for Dany. I mean come on, she's got what, like 4 huge armies at this point, and three dragons.

I'm thinking that Euron will be another army Dany will need to deal with. I was thinking before that Euron might try and align/marry her, but I've changed my mind. The show needs another obstacle for her to handle. Maybe we get a cool sea battle early next season.

Fuck the Dorne. Fuck them up their smug smelly asses.

Mellisendre will find her way to the Brotherhood without Banners I think. I also think we've sadly seen the end of her nakedness.

Sam will help discover the secrets to creating Valyrian steel, and maybe the mining of dragonglass at Dragonstone? And his dad's sword has to find its way north too…

Littlefinger…I'm stumped with what his next move is. He reveals his true desire, but how's he going to get there now that he's lost the North to the new King? And his reveal that he has wanted Sansa to rule by his side flies in the face of his earlier strategy of marrying her to Ramsey Bolton.

I thought for sure Walder Frey was going to get offed by Jaime. Definitely surprised me when it turned out to be Arya. How she managed to kill two other frees in their own castle, carve them up, bake a pie, and feed it to the old man is beyond me.

So who the fuck has power in the riverlands now?

Thank freaking God that we've seen the last of Daario Neharis. Good riddance to one of the most boring characters on this show.

I'd like to wish Meera good luck in dragging a fully grown man the rest of the way to the wall.

I got choked up with Lady Mormont's speech. She's over the top badass, but so what, its too damned cool.

Sansa's "apology" to Jon about not telling him about LF was lame. I was hoping for a better exude…shit, even if she just said she wasn't sure he'd come would have been SOMETHING, instead of just "sorry about that". This is another storyline that will just be brushed under the rug, not to be discussed again.

So they confirm half of Jon's parentage, but with the whispering between Lyanna and Ned, are we completely sure he's Rhaegar's son? I guess we'll find out when he resists dragon fire or some crazy shit like that.

And finally, I actually laughed when Tommen put down his crown, walked off screen, then came back and jumped out the window. Sorry pal, you made the wrong choice between the High Priest and your mom.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Maui on Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:15 pm

so sorry wrote:And finally, I actually laughed when Tommen put down his crown, walked off screen, then came back and jumped out the window. Sorry pal, you made the wrong choice between the High Priest and your mom.

This felt very Monty Pythonesque. I was waiting for some canned laughter.
Maui
WoWie

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:11 pm

so sorry wrote:I don't see Cersei lasting too much longer. She's got the entire world against her at this point. Besides the obvious killing of her own kin and the Tyrells, she killed maybe 100 other members of court. These are high ranking family members of the realm we're talking about…and she killed them. No house in their right mind would follow her at this point. She has to be on her own. The only question is what will Jaime (and his Lannister army) do?

I was a little perplexed by Cersei's reaction to Tommen's death. We know that she knows that she's destined to have all three children die before her. But her actions have always been to try and prevent this. She seemed so non-plussed by Tommen's broken body though. I guess she's finally completely dead inside. But if that's the case, why ascend to the Throne and deal with trying to rule a realm? Maybe she's just insane? I don't think the show will really dive into this much, its just going to go on with her in power with no questions from anyone in king's landing trying to stop her (save maybe Jaime?). I think Kings Landing will be a speed bump on the trip to the North for Dany. I mean come on, she's got what, like 4 huge armies at this point, and three dragons.

there's an irony to cersei's story. she's always sought power, but with conflicting motivations. on the one hand, she's always felt the unfairness of her position, that she should be the heir to the Lannister empire as the eldest of Tywin's children (she was born slightly ahead of her twin bro) but it is denied to her by her gender, and that's been a big motivation. but then there's that prophecy, and her desire for power as a way of preventing it from happening, the irony being that her quest for power is actually responsible for making the prophecy come true. and now, irony upon irony, she finally has all the power she ever wanted, but the purposes for which she sought it (to prove herself to her father; to protect her children) are gone. she still has jaime though... or does she? jaime sees her for what she is, as his speech to edmure showed. but, he also revealed his own sole desire, which is cersei (there's been a lot of those self-revealing monologues going around this season). will tommen's death change that? i'm leaning towards... no.

so sorry wrote:I'm thinking that Euron will be another army Dany will need to deal with. I was thinking before that Euron might try and align/marry her, but I've changed my mind. The show needs another obstacle for her to handle. Maybe we get a cool sea battle early next season.

he could try to marry cersei. neither the lannisters nor ironborn have many other friends left, and at least an ironborn-lannister alliance would give SOME human resistance to the inevitable dragon machine headed north, before the ultimate confro with the white walkers.

so sorry wrote:Mellisendre will find her way to the Brotherhood without Banners I think. I also think we've sadly seen the end of her nakedness.

well, her last nude scene was nothing to write home about. i'm more upset about no more margaery nakedness.

so sorry wrote:Littlefinger…I'm stumped with what his next move is. He reveals his true desire, but how's he going to get there now that he's lost the North to the new King? And his reveal that he has wanted Sansa to rule by his side flies in the face of his earlier strategy of marrying her to Ramsey Bolton.

i think he underestimated Sansa and how much she would blame him for the bolton thing. but i also think he's still playing both sides against each other. the more i think about it, the more it just makes no sense to lay all his cards on the table to Sansa... unless those AREN'T all his cards. he still has cersei thinking he's on her side. i think we could see littlefinger ultimately end up on the lannister side of the bargain. i think he's biding his time, laying a foundation so that he's in a position to get what he wants, no matter who wins in the end.

so sorry wrote:I got choked up with Lady Mormont's speech. She's over the top badass, but so what, its too damned cool.

just thought of this. in back to back scenes, we saw one Lyanna give birth to Jon Snow, and another Lyanna crown him king. pretty cool that it was the girl named after his unbeknownst-to-him mother who made him the King.

so sorry wrote:Sansa's "apology" to Jon about not telling him about LF was lame. I was hoping for a better exude…shit, even if she just said she wasn't sure he'd come would have been SOMETHING, instead of just "sorry about that". This is another storyline that will just be brushed under the rug, not to be discussed again.

yeah, i'm still sticking with my theory that she was hoping to not have to use the Knights of the Vale and Littlefinger's help unless absolutely necessary, and only brought them into the battle as a last resort. the show will move on, so i can go on believing it without anything happening to contradict it.

so sorry wrote:So they confirm half of Jon's parentage, but with the whispering between Lyanna and Ned, are we completely sure he's Rhaegar's son? I guess we'll find out when he resists dragon fire or some crazy shit like that.

it's confimed as far as i'm concerned. she was kidnapped by Rhaegar, and put in that tower by Rhaegar, after he held her (against her will or, possibly, not) for at least a year. she was being protected by Rhaegar's men. who else could the father have been? i think this is as much confirmation as we're likely to get from the show, at least directly. next time it's mentioned, it will be taken as a given that Rhaegar was the father.

Maui wrote:
so sorry wrote:And finally, I actually laughed when Tommen put down his crown, walked off screen, then came back and jumped out the window. Sorry pal, you made the wrong choice between the High Priest and your mom.

This felt very Monty Pythonesque. I was waiting for some canned laughter.

i was waiting for him to scream "I am a golden god!" before he leapt.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:38 pm

Maui wrote:
Peven wrote:
Bran gets a dragon

you're assuming that Jon gets a dragon. he doesn't :wink:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:11 pm

Peven wrote:
Maui wrote:
Peven wrote:
Bran gets a dragon

you're assuming that Jon gets a dragon. he doesn't :wink:

Oprah wrote:You get a dragon! You get a dragon! You get a dragon! Everybody gets a dragon!
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:58 pm

so sorry wrote:Thank freaking God that we've seen the last of Daario Neharis. Good riddance to one of the most boring characters on this show.

Danaerys: you know what frightens me? i said farewell to a man that loves me, a man i thought i cared for, and i felt nothing... just impatient to get on with it.

Audience: know you know how WE'VE felt since, oh, about season 3...
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:11 pm

Pretty interesting clip from Season 5, looking back at what we now know.
In case you don't care to watch... Littlefinger tells Sansa about Lyanna and Rhaegar, which ends with Sansa saying "...until he kidnapped and raped her..." and LF gives her this "that's total bullshit" look.

Also, he lays out his plans for Sansa (I don't remember this scene, so it helped fill in some gaps for me): Sansa is to marry Ramsey, Stannis is going to attack Winterfell and win, then he'll need Sansa's birthright in order to rally the North behind his cause before moving on the King's Landing. So LF believed this was going to happen (or was hoping this would be the way it happens), which would put his pawn Sansa into a great seat of power, but it didn't lay out his next move(s) in his quest for the Throne himself. Of course...this plan didn't quite go the way he intended...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:01 pm

Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:46 am

That chart hurts my brain...I'll take their word for it!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:38 am

so sorry wrote:

That chart hurts my brain...I'll take their word for it!

and it doesn't even include over half the characters.
no Tyrion, no Cersei, no Sansa, Bran, Rickon, no Arya, no Littlefinger, no Varys, no Joffrey, Myrcella or Tommen, no Lady Mormont, no Boltons or Freys.
i guess it's a good thing Ramsay is dead, now that Sansa's original hubby is coming back to Westeros. that could have been awkward.
and since she is still the wife of the Hand of the Queen, does that mean House Stark and House Targaryen are automatically allies?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:00 am

TheBaxter wrote:and since she is still the wife of the Hand of the Queen, does that mean House Stark and House Targaryen are automatically allies?

I'm sure that will come up...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:36 pm

guys, even today a marriage may be annulled if it was not consummated. Westeros is based on medieval values, this is why Margaery wasn't the queen even after she married King Joffrey, because they hadn't fuked yet before Joffry died, to put it bluntly. so, considering that they never did bump uglies Sansa and Tyrion's marriage is null and void at this point since Sansa DID consummate her marriage with Ramsey

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Peven on Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:27 am

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:39 pm

Season 7 of GoT could be delayed

i knew it was a bad idea to hand over season 7 writing duties to GRRM.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:28 am

Bran trippin' (NSFW)
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:53 pm

TheBaxter wrote:

Bran trippin' (NSFW)

I didn't actually believe that was the real muther fuckin SLJ until i saw this on another site.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:08 pm

Samuel L. Jackson wrote:enough is enough! i've HAD IT with these muthafukkin' Starks in this muthafukkin' Game..... of Thrones!

didn't know the L. in Samuel L. Jackson stood for Lannister, didja?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:21 am

I think the show has fooled everyone. people are assuming that Jon Snow must be the son of Rhaegar Targaryen. I had a light bulb moment this morning while drinking my coffee and right after taking my second bong hit of the day.... :D :wink: .......WHAT IF........he wasn't? What if Lyanna was raped, like the story says, but it was Robert Baratheon who raped her? and then Rhaegar had come to take her away from the prospect of a life with a brutish asshole rapist like King Bob. hene, Jon Snow's coloring, not blond like a Targaryen but dark haired like a Baratheon. That keeps him as rightful heir to the Stark title and also makes him heir to the Iron Throne as oldest living male heir of Robert Baratheon, AND it won't be creepy for him to hook up with Khaleesi Dhani

Peven
Is This Real Life?

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial