Game of Thrones Season 6

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: Game of Thrones Season 6

Postby so sorry on Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:10 pm

Peven wrote:I think the show has fooled everyone. people are assuming that Jon Snow must be the son of Rhaegar Targaryen. I had a light bulb moment this morning while drinking my coffee and right after taking my second bong hit of the day.... :D :wink: .......WHAT IF........he wasn't? What if Lyanna was raped, like the story says, but it was Robert Baratheon who raped her? and then Rhaegar had come to take her away from the prospect of a life with a brutish asshole rapist like King Bob. hene, Jon Snow's coloring, not blond like a Targaryen but dark haired like a Baratheon. That keeps him as rightful heir to the Stark title and also makes him heir to the Iron Throne as oldest living male heir of Robert Baratheon, AND it won't be creepy for him to hook up with Khaleesi Dhani

Interesting theory.

But... Robert loved Lyanna more than anything. Raping her doesn't exactly fit that feeling.

And if Jon was the bastard son of Robert/Lyanna, then he'd have zero claim to either the Iron Throne or Winterfell, being a bastard and all, by law. Of course, he was still declared King of the North despite his bastardly parentage.

Although...there is one character in the book that has a similar backstory: King Robert bedded a noblewoman on the night of Stannis' wedding, and that child was raised in Storm's End (Edric Storm) with all the protective rights of his somewhat noble birth. But I don't think he has any claim to anything...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:36 pm

Peven wrote:I think the show has fooled everyone. people are assuming that Jon Snow must be the son of Rhaegar Targaryen. I had a light bulb moment this morning while drinking my coffee and right after taking my second bong hit of the day.... :D :wink: .......WHAT IF........he wasn't? What if Lyanna was raped, like the story says, but it was Robert Baratheon who raped her? and then Rhaegar had come to take her away from the prospect of a life with a brutish asshole rapist like King Bob. hene, Jon Snow's coloring, not blond like a Targaryen but dark haired like a Baratheon. That keeps him as rightful heir to the Stark title and also makes him heir to the Iron Throne as oldest living male heir of Robert Baratheon, AND it won't be creepy for him to hook up with Khaleesi Dhani

they did such a good job of it, they even fooled themselves
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:59 pm

TheBaxter wrote:

and you're going to fall for that? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:oops: :(

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:53 pm

TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:08 pm

TheBaxter wrote:Summer is Coming

I have two wishes for next season:

1.) the episodes be longer to help accommodate the shorter season

2.) GRRM fucking pulls an epic move and releases Winds of Winter in April, the traditional start time for the HBO show. Chaos ensues...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Wolfpack on Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:14 pm

Peven wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:

and you're going to fall for that? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tommen fell for that!

:oops: :(
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby so sorry on Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:11 pm

DVD/Blueray Season 6 Coming out November 15th

And I now have item number one on my Christmas Wish List.

And tell me if you don't think this is the coolest feature yet:

Histories and Lore – Learn about the mythology of Westeros and Essos as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves in 18 history pieces.

The Old Way: narrated by Euron Greyjoy (Pilou Asbæk)
The Kingsmoot: narrated by Euron Greyjoy (Pilou Asbæk)
The Sunset Sea: narrated by Euron Greyjoy (Pilou Asbæk)
War of the Ninepenny Kings: narrated by Brother Ray (Ian McShane)
The Great Tourney at Harrenhal: narrated by Meera Reed (Ellie Kendrick)
Robert’s Rebellion: narrated by Jaime Lannister (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau)
Vaes Dothrak: narrated by Jorah Mormont (Iain Glen)
The Dothraki: narrated by Jorah Mormont (Iain Glen)
Northern Allegiances to House Stark: narrated by Sansa Stark (Sophie Turner)
Children of the Forest vs. the First Men: narrated by the Three-Eyed Raven (Max von Sydow)
Brotherhood Without Banners: narrated by Thoros of Myr (Paul Kaye)
Oldtown: narrated by Grand Maester Pycelle (Julian Glover) and Qyburn (Anton Lesser)
House Dayne: narrated by Young Ned Stark (Robert Aramayo)
The Little Birds: narrated by Lord Varys (Conleth Hill)
Knights of the Vale: narrated by Petyr ‘Littlefinger’ Baelish (Aidan Gillen)
House Tarly: narrated by Randyll Tarly (James Faulkner)
Riverrun: narrated by Brynden ‘the Blackfish’ Tully (Clive Russell)
Great Sept of Baelor: narrated by the High Sparrow (Jonathan Pryce)
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:14 pm

glad they're finally releasing one of these things early enough that i don't have to cram it all in in a few weeks before the next season.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:49 pm

this is GoT related....because I named my cats "Oberyn" and "Sirio", Oberyn being the white w/ tabby patches and lemur tail and Sirio the grey tiger. i think this is a fair representation of what a fight between the two might have looked like if they had "crossed swords" :wink:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Maui on Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:44 pm

Peven wrote:this is GoT related....because I named my cats "Oberyn" and "Sirio", Oberyn being the white w/ tabby patches and lemur tail and Sirio the grey tiger. i think this is a fair representation of what a fight between the two might have looked like if they had "crossed swords" :wink:

Alpha male battle, no doubt.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Peven on Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:24 am

there is an easter egg in the video as well, that is a GoT poster behind the cats :wink:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby John-Locke on Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:27 pm

Peven wrote:this is GoT related....because I named my cats "Oberyn" and "Sirio", Oberyn being the white w/ tabby patches and lemur tail and Sirio the grey tiger. i think this is a fair representation of what a fight between the two might have looked like if they had "crossed swords" :wink:

I saw this on your Facebook but I didn't realise they were your cats dude! Did you train them to fight? Found it odd that they weren't making much noise, almost like they are play fighting for practice for when they fight with other cats.

Cool cats, I bet they linger about you if you smoke a J :mrgreen:
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Peven on Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:55 am

almost exactly two years ago I got them from the shelter at the same time when they were kittens, though they are not litter-mates and about 3 weeks difference in age. they have a multi-layered relationship, lol. they are both males. fixed, and at times act like best mates, so much so that one might suspect they are a "couple", but every day there are multiple wrestling matches and sparring as well as tearing through the house from room to room chasing each other like wild animals, over and under and around obstacles. they put on a pretty good show, all I am missing is Richard Attenborough narrating, lol.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:26 am

I'm just glad their fight didn't end like Oberyn's fight on the show
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Peven on Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:08 pm

Ribbons wrote:I'm just glad their fight didn't end like Oberyn's fight on the show

he's just lucky I don't own another cat called "the mountain" :wink:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:08 pm

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Peven on Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:19 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:21 am

Rewatching my S6 DVDS (Christmas present). Yesterday watched The Door episode and hell yes I fucking teared up during the "Hold the door/Hodor" ending. That was some powerful shit right there.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:57 pm

so sorry wrote:Rewatching my S6 DVDS (Christmas present). Yesterday watched The Door episode and hell yes I fucking teared up during the "Hold the door/Hodor" ending. That was some powerful shit right there.

you old softie, you.......that must be why your wife calls you "softie" :-P :wink:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:27 am

so sorry wrote:Rewatching my S6 DVDS (Christmas present). Yesterday watched The Door episode and hell yes I fucking teared up during the "Hold the door/Hodor" ending. That was some powerful shit right there.

Oh please. :roll:
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby so sorry on Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:25 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:35 pm

so sorry wrote:
Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:

TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:57 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
so sorry wrote:
Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:

Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:19 pm

Fievel wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:
so sorry wrote:
Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Previous

Return to Coaxial