Game of Thrones Spin-offs

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Game of Thrones Spin-offs

Postby Ribbons on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:33 am

I hear they're making Game of Thrones spin-offs
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Re: Game of Thrones Spin-offs

Postby Peven on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:59 am

really? tell us more....

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:53 pm

Married... with Dragons

Jon Snow is a miserable middle-aged family man toiling away in drudgery as a shoe salesman, while his lazy sexpot wife Dany lounges at home, nagging him about which one is the true heir to the Iron Throne that neither has the energy or desire to actually usurp from their cheerfully nosy next-door neighbors, Jaime and Cersei. Jon sits on the couch all day, complaining about his life and being ignored by his ungrateful, defiant adopted dragon children while reminiscing about his younger years as a former Lord Commander of the Night's Watch and King in the North.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:54 am

I'd rather watch "The Best Little Whorehouse in Westeros".....

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:11 am

Peven wrote:I'd rather watch "The Best Little Whorehouse in Westeros"...

Featuring the triumphant return of Roz
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Ribbons on Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:17 am

For realsies though I'd like to know what people think about a Game of Thrones spin-off -- what version they'd like to see, or if they think it even sounds like a good idea at all. I've been hearing a lot about the whole "Robert's Rebellion" prequel angle, and personally I think that sounds boring as fuck. For one thing, it's basically Game of Thrones without the White Walkers or the dragons, but for another thing, we already pretty much know what happened. I don't want them to fall into the same trap as Battlestar Galactica, who made the Caprica and Blood & Iron prequels that were quickly put out of their misery. For me, IF there's going to be a GoT spin-off, I would love to see it take place in some other corner of the world that we know nothing about. The Monkey Gods of Yi Ti, the Doom of Valyria, or even (*gasp!*) Asshai? I don't need to see young Jaime and young Robert and young Tywin be assholes. We already saw old Jaime and old Robert and old Tywin be assholes.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Peven on Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:07 pm

if they stay in Westeros and the surrounding area I am not interested in seeing a prequel take place within a few generations of the present characters, they would need to go waaaay back to either the original Targaryn invasion, giving us a look at old Valeria before it fell showing why it did, or even back to the First Men and how the Wall came to be.

if not then I agree that a story that takes place far away from the lands we are familiar with would be an acceptable diversion, there has got to be some interesting realms that are mentioned but not fully defined in the books that would allow the showrunners to use as a starting point and then build their own story there.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Fievel on Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:30 pm

I'd honestly rather see nothing. The main show hooked me and got me into the books. I'm fine with just that.

But given that it's inevitable, count me in for wanting to see old Valyria. Would be cool to see the old/original version of the area Tyrion and Jorah traveled through.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:43 am

maybe a series that actually explains the Night King's story and history and doesn't just use him as a MacGuffin?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:09 pm

so, in others words, both of my ideas :-P

:wink:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheButcher on Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:29 am

'Game of Thrones' will now have 5 spinoff series
Troy L. Smith wrote:CLEVELAND, Ohio - We might be more than a year away from the final season of "Game of Thrones." But there are now five prequel/spinoffs in the works.

Knowing that its ratings dragon of a series is coming to an end, HBO has apparently kicked things into high gear.
Entertainment Weekly reports that "GoT" co-executive producer Bryan Cogman is working on prequel to the series with author George R.R. Martin.
There are no firm details about Cogman's prequel other than it will not involve any current cast member on the series.
The project joins four other "GoT" spinoffs in the works.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:18 pm

TheButcher wrote:Entertainment Weekly reports that "GoT" co-executive producer Bryan Cogman is working on a prequel to the series with author George R.R. Martin.

Boo!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fievel on Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:38 pm

Ribbons wrote:
TheButcher wrote:Entertainment Weekly reports that "GoT" co-executive producer Bryan Cogman is working on a prequel to the series with author George R.R. Martin.

Boo!

Well he obviously doesn't have anything else important to do right now.......right?
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Peven on Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:40 pm

Ribbons wrote:

Boo!

I think they are going to actually produce only 1 or 2 of these, tops. pop culture doesn't have the longest shelf life and this is an expensive franchise to bring to the small screen, they need to get big ratings to justify it and the point between maximum saturation and saturation overload is not that great, so I see a real drop off in interest and rating coming not long after the series ends. there will be a degree of relief that it is finally over that I think HBO doesn't want to believe exists. or maybe I'm wrong and the masses will eat up all this like porridge in an orphanage :-P

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Return to Coaxial