Disney+

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Disney+

Postby so sorry on Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:50 am

I figured this new streaming service deserves its own thread. Initial price is 6.99 a month. Which will surely go up within a year.

This never crossed my mind as something I was interested in, but honestly, now that I'm looking at it, I think I may go for this, for a few months, so I can finally watch the marvel movies I never got around to seeing, and the Mandolorian series does intrigue me.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: Disney+

Postby Fievel on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:57 am

My family will likely be dropping Netflix for this.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Wolfpack on Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:25 pm

They could make a separate streaming service just out of the Simpsons!

I wonder if they'll be adding everything Fox/Disney/Lucasfilm have made. Will they use the obscure stuff, like Where the Toys Come From?
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby so sorry on Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:44 pm

So I just signed in to Disney+, using my verizon FIOS 'free for a year' deal.

I haven't geeked out like this is quite a long time... starting with the Madalorian obviously, but I have missed quite a few Marvel flicks, so I will be getting my year's free worth with this bad boy!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Wolfpack on Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:46 pm

so sorry wrote:So I just signed in to Disney+, using my verizon FIOS 'free for a year' deal.

I haven't geeked out like this is quite a long time... starting with the Madalorian obviously, but I have missed quite a few Marvel flicks, so I will be getting my year's free worth with this bad boy!

Be sure to report back to us normies Re: The Mandalorian!
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Ribbons on Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:53 pm

But does it have Song of the South?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fievel on Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:29 am

Fievel wrote:My family will likely be dropping Netflix for this.

Wow, totally called that one! :lol:
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Wolfpack on Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:38 am

Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby so sorry on Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:26 am

Wow, it didn't take the internet long to find out what Disney+ is doing wrong, did it?

I toyed around with it last night, watched the Mandelorion (only one episode available), and started watching Rogue One for the hell of it.

My early first impressions:

There doesn't seem to be a 'start from here' feature...meaning I got about an hour into Rogue One, stopped/turned off Disney+, and when I came back later in the night, my only choice was to start the movie from the beginning again. This is BAD, as I have to start and stop when I watch movies all the time...

Despite what I was lead to believe, not ALL star wars and Marvel movies are avaialble. No Spiderman movies, no ant man 2, I think two of the avengers movies aren't there (Ultron and the one before endgame). Not all the Thors... lots of gaps. Not the last SW movie either. FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!!!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:04 pm

My experience was less than stellar as well. I went to re-watch The Mandalorian and it kept starting at the last few seconds of the end credits. There's no way to restart or start from the beginning. I had to manually rewind it so I could watch it. I made my kids shut their eyes so nothing was spoiled.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Wolfpack on Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:19 pm

Word on the street is that when Mr. Burns gets shot he now shouts out "Maclunkey!"
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby so sorry on Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:17 am

Fievel wrote:My experience was less than stellar as well. I went to re-watch The Mandalorian and it kept starting at the last few seconds of the end credits.

I think that means when you watched it the first time, you didn't let it finish all the way. so when you went back, it picked up from where you left off.

The GREAT feature on Amazon Prime is that no matter what device I'm watching on (TV, ipad), wherever I stopped watching a show, starts right from that point the next time I tune in. I watch when I'm working out on my smart TV, and later on in the night I can pick up right where I left off on my ipad. Disney+ doesn't seem to have that streaming feature (yet).

It wasn't going to be perfect right out of the shoot, so these kinds of things I would hope get resolved.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:09 pm

so sorry wrote:I think that means when you watched it the first time, you didn't let it finish all the way. so when you went back, it picked up from where you left off.

Nope, I let it run on the first viewing. Each subsequent attempt automatically started at the end and played just the last 3 seconds of the credits. It's the worst thing I have to say about the service, and I'm sure it'll be rectified at some point. So I guess that's pretty good.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Wolfpack on Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:07 am

Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Peven on Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:43 pm

Gargoyles :D

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Return to Coaxial