Someone has actually adapted Foundation.

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Someone has actually adapted Foundation.

Postby judderman on Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:13 am

The trailer seems more interested in plugging Apple, so I have no idea how they've managed to pull it off. Assuming they did.

On the plus side, it occurs to me that streaming video is really the first medium other than books in which Foundation is feasable.
judderman
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Re: Someone has actually adapted Foundation.

Postby so sorry on Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:26 am

judderman wrote:The trailer seems more interested in plugging Apple, so I have no idea how they've managed to pull it off. Assuming they did.

On the plus side, it occurs to me that streaming video is really the first medium other than books in which Foundation is feasible.

I thought about posting this "trailer" yesterday... but like you said, its really more of a plug for the streaming service than an actual trailer for the show.

I know nothing about this book series other than the year's of people claiming its not feasible to create for the big screen, so maybe the little screen will do the trick.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: Someone has actually adapted Foundation.

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:25 am

i would've said it's unfilmable, but it could be done in an "American Horror Story" fashion, where each season tells a different story with different actors (or the same actors) playing different characters. it would be interesting to see how far they go with some of the later, weirder parts.

in any case, it's bound to be better than Will Smif's Yo, Robot!
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Return to Coaxial