Bob Dylan: No Direction Home

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Bob Dylan: No Direction Home

Postby WinslowLeach on Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:22 am

Martin Scorsese's new documentary on Bob Dylan will premiering on PBS September 26th. Get your VCRs ready!!

Note: The PBS TV version will have a few clips taken out here and there, but its essentially the same as the DVD version.
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:08 pm

Any info on the DVD release for us non-TV having freaks like me?

The Dylan project I'm really curious about is Todd Haynes "I'm Not There", with 7 different actors (including a black woman) playing Dylan. I'm a huge Haynes fan and loved his last foray into musicians lives(Velvet Goldmine, though it was unfortunately more glam than rock).
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby WinslowLeach on Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:52 pm

The DVD is out this Tuesday.

That Dylan movie Im Not There sounds really interesting and weird. Ill have to check it out.

Heres a really great review of No Direction Home:

http://www.moviecitynews.com/festivals/toronto_2005/gross_dylan.html
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby St. Alphonzo on Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:27 am

I can't fuckin' wait! As I get older, Dylan becomes more and more relevant for me. His last couple of albums rank up there with some of his greatest early cuts. The combo of Dylan and Scorsese is just genius, and I hope that Martin can pull another
"Last Waltz" out of his hat this many years on.
ImageImage
St. Alphonzo
Patron Saint

Return to Coaxial