ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT (Season Motherfucking Four!)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT (Season Motherfucking Four!)

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:26 pm

I can't watch it because the Fox affiliate in Ft. Lauderdale has preempted programming for unneeded information on Hurricane Rita. Weirdly enough, every other network is sticking with its regular BRAND NEW FALL SEASON SHOWS!

Assholes.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:07 pm

Sh!t happens.

Just pop in "Rock You Like a Hurricane" and it will make it all better.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:28 pm

NO!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:21 am

it kicked ass.

did anyone watch it? funniest show on television.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:18 am

I will now, bitches!

Thanks!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Gheorghe Zamfir on Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:44 pm

Just thought I'd toss in a heads up, looks like FOX is gonna be playing new episodes of AD and Kitchen tonight.
Gheorghe Zamfir
REAL DRAGON

Postby Ribbons on Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:56 pm

Thanks for the heads up, Gheorghe.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:57 am

This episode was so fucking hysterical.... Charlize Theron and that bowl of fake fruit was about the funniest thing I have ever seen on the telly.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Gheorghe Zamfir on Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:24 pm

That was a great episode, I'm gonna miss this sucker when its gone. Loved the Being There jokes, though an odd choice, I can't imagine thats much of a well viewed movie these days, but I'm guessing the writers have just abandoned hopes finding any more of audience at this point.
Gheorghe Zamfir
REAL DRAGON

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:56 pm

I tell a you one thing about a this a show, eh? The guy who plays a the Buster? Holy crappa he's a the goddamn acting genius... I should a put this over inna the Pacino's "it's a not acting, it's a gotta to be real" thread...
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby JimDarko on Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:26 pm

The past few episodes have been top notch, making the cancellation all that more painful.
JimDarko
GLIB

Postby Crayotic Rockwell on Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:16 pm

and George Michael's reocurring tape of shame cracks me up

"Oh that's not it... uh, I should really buy a new one.. they're just so expensive"

I suppose it's too much to wish for cable to pick up the series
The Anime Stock Exchange for all your anime tripe
Crayotic Rockwell
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Mimekiller on Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:10 pm

Im so going to his Sea Britain when it gets up and running
The Atom Bomb:Made in America, tested in Japan
Mimekiller
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:15 pm

I am still cracking up about, "Oh she's going for the grapes."

"Yeah she really liked those."
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Professor Handsome on Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:55 am

G.O.B: "Look banner, Michael!"

Banner: Michael Love Marry

Im going to miss this show so much.
Professor Handsome
GLIB

Postby Crayotic Rockwell on Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:21 am

Meanwhile, Reba, Joey, and other such first-name gems live on.. there's something seriously at fault here
The Anime Stock Exchange for all your anime tripe
Crayotic Rockwell
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby jgraphix on Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:01 pm

Well instead of starting a new thread I'll just post here.

A quote from Arrested Dev.

Tobias:

"Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over— an analyst and a therapist. The world’s first analrapist."
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby CthulhuKid on Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:19 pm

"Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over— an analyst and a therapist. The world’s first analrapist."

I can't believe I missed that!!!

:lol:
CthulhuKid
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby jgraphix on Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:21 pm

Bob Loblaw:

Actually, I was going to stay in my office tonight and work on my law blog.

Tobias:

Of course— the “Bob Loblaw Law Blog.â€
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby Gheorghe Zamfir on Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:39 pm

If I may, I'd like to slip out of my actor pants for a moment and pull my analrapist stocking over my head.
Gheorghe Zamfir
REAL DRAGON

Postby RogueScribner on Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:53 am

Goddamn, am I gonna miss this show!
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Carolian on Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:10 am

Seriously. This show DESERVES more time. To be honest, I have yet to watch a single episode that hasn't made me howl with laughter.

"Please tell your friends about this show." Fucking great.
The whole world's wild at heart and weird on top.

This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom.
Carolian
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby CthulhuKid on Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:32 pm

"You know what we should do? Get a big name star. You know, an Oscar winner or something. Someone like... Nicole Kidman.:

:-)

Best Damn Show on Television!

On the Blooper reel on the Season 2 DVDs (Disk 3) David Cross goes on this huge tirade about how the show shouldn't be canceled, the marketing department should be fired. He lists off all the awards the show has won (and there are A LOT) and says "How can you not market that???"

Brilliant!
CthulhuKid
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby tapehead on Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:35 pm

Are new eps still airing - or were there just 10 for series 3?

series 1 22 eps
series 2 16 eps
series 3 10 eps??
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby CthulhuKid on Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:37 pm

I thought I read somewhere that they had 13 in the can before production was stopped. Hurwitz has said he has written a series finale and that they were able to film it before being dropped.
CthulhuKid
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby tapehead on Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:41 pm

ok, well, that's something - I've gone over old eps for late night viewing and they are very re-watchable... just nice to think there's a few more to see, whether the Showtime story comes true or not - If only d/l up to 10 in series 3

don't worry, I buy the dvd sets as soon as they come out
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby CthulhuKid on Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:49 pm

Agreed.

The Fox Website hasn't updated the episode guide past 12/12

Boo for them!

I've also heard the rumor the Fox might hold on to get to the magic Syndication number (I think that's another 50 episodes) so there's always hope... right... RIGHT???
CthulhuKid
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby RogueScribner on Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:36 pm

It's amazing Fox held on to the show this long. You can't say they didn't try to find it an audience, the audience simply isn't there. My dream is that NBC will pick it up, kick Will & Grace to the curb and add AD to the Thursday night lineup along with My Name is Earl and The Office. THAT'd be a great night of comedy!
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Fox to air the final 4 Arrested Developments on Feb 10th.

Postby Tall_Boy on Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:01 am

2 hr block. Friday. Get yer drink on with your buddies and say "SCREW IT" to the opening ceremonies for the Winter Olympics and savor it while you can.

Cuz it might be your last.

Unless its Showtime.

http://www.tvfodder.com/archives/2006/01/its_offic ial_fo.shtml

<I>What could be the last four episodes of "Arrested Development" will air in a two-hour block on February 10 on Fox. ..</I>
Tall_Boy
GLIB

Postby colonel_lugz on Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:05 am

FUCKING STUPID FOX MOTHER-FUCKERS!!! THEY'RE GONNA PAY FOR THIS!!
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Agent Alonzo on Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:09 am

To be fair FOX has tried, the show simply isn't getting the viewers to get the advertizers to pay the money to cover the cost of one of the most expensive sit-coms to produce. Simple as that, the DVD sales convinced them to keep going but at this point I doubt any regular network would continue with it. The economics of a subscription cable network like HBO or Showtime is different, which is why that is its only hope...
alonzo..... my apologies you ho-bag! - banthafodderUK

...that was the funniest post I've ever read at AICN. Comedy gold. I'm stealing it and shooting it in nothing other than a static two-shot. - Kevin Smith
Agent Alonzo
UMAGAA OMBONGO

Postby Pacino86845 on Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:16 am

HBO will try to get you to pay $100 for a season DVD set, and the cheapest one would find it at would be $65 at Target or Amazon... that's how Carnivale got killed. :(
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby MadCapsule on Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:43 pm

HBO's pricing on their DVD sets is absolutely ridiculous! The first season of the Sopranos is still $80 or $90 at retail stores.
MadCapsule
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby jgraphix on Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:45 pm

Man I sure do hope that it gets picked up by someone.
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby so sorry on Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:51 pm

Agent Alonzo wrote:To be fair FOX has tried, the show simply isn't getting the viewers to get the advertizers to pay the money to cover the cost of one of the most expensive sit-coms to produce. Simple as that, the DVD sales convinced them to keep going but at this point I doubt any regular network would continue with it. The economics of a subscription cable network like HBO or Showtime is different, which is why that is its only hope...

well said AA (which is odd, cause you've never said anything well before!)
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Pudie on Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:52 pm

Agent Alonzo wrote:To be fair FOX has tried, the show simply isn't getting the viewers to get the advertizers to pay the money to cover the cost of one of the most expensive sit-coms to produce. Simple as that, the DVD sales convinced them to keep going but at this point I doubt any regular network would continue with it. The economics of a subscription cable network like HBO or Showtime is different, which is why that is its only hope...

I used to think this. But putting the remaining episodes in a block against the opening ceremonys isn't trying. Its putting the kid you dont love in the attic.
Pudie
MAN IN SUIT

Postby filmgeek88 on Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:05 pm

Wow... it is soooo upsetting that they are cancelling Arrested Development. It is honestly one of the most amazing TV shows around right now and they are so stupid to get cancel it. I also hate how they keep selling the DVD after the next season starts. I'm still hoping that somehow there will be another season.... lol a miracle maybe?
Yeehaw
filmgeek88
GLIB

Postby CthulhuKid on Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:25 pm

I agree with Pudie. AD has never had a consistent time slot, or marketing. The only way to find the show most of the time was to look it up on line. I know it's considered a niche show, but it was never given a chance.
CthulhuKid
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby MelaWolf on Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:35 pm

Pudie wrote:I used to think this. But putting the remaining episodes in a block against the opening ceremonys isn't trying. Its putting the kid you dont love in the attic.

Ha ha ha... perfectly put.

Truly sad news. If Fox drops House I am going on some sort of spree.
You think you really know what's happening here, don't you? Well, I'll tell you something, you don't know shit, buddy.
MelaWolf
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby LeFlambeur on Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:42 pm

Sad. Although not unexpected.
LeFlambeur
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:17 pm

Well that answeres that question!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby tapehead on Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:29 pm

Curb your Enthusiam' has had 5 seasons
the Larry Sanders Show had three or four, didn't it?
Seinfeld ran for ten years - I know AD doesn't have the audience, but I really believe it could
I place this show on even keel with any of these
If they want to keep making it, freaking hell, please, someone pick them up
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Bob Samonkey on Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:40 pm

RIP. Really who watches the opening to the Olympics anyway?
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

AD

Postby dc on Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:46 pm

ad could now have a spin-off about the television show that lost everything and the one cast member who had no choice but to keep them all together.

i don't understand why people don't watch the show. are bowtie-wearing seals that bite off people's hands too high-minded for the usual tv watching crowd? answer = probably.
dc
GLIB

Postby Eric G on Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:59 pm

While Arrested Development was a good show, It never really captured the audience and lacked that something that could have made it great. I couldn't disagree with tapehead more in saying that this show is on par with Seinfeld; it had far better stories, better character developement and was a show in a league of its own; and still is.
Eric G
AIRWOLF

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:44 pm

Has anybody watched the first 3 seasons of Seinfeld? They were good, but not great. I mean it wasn't until Elaine became a whore and there were more stories based around George, and Kramer was allowed to be more a part of the story arcs that it took off. Jerry wasn't all that interesting, but he makes a great straight man. I love Seinfeld, but I know that it had a few rough years before it found its stride. Arrested Developement could be a phenomenon if given some breathing room.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Agent Alonzo on Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:30 am

Yep, but Seinfeld was an inexpensive investment to give time to catch-on. AD is expensive, and it isn't bringing in anything like the profit any network is going to want. Stop blaming FOX people, they did as much as you can expect any broadcast network to do. Blame the American viewing public. Whether it is fair or not, they would rather watch Stacked, which is also much much cheaper to produce.
Had AD started on HBO it would have had a chance. As it is, it didn't learn how to hook the stupid people, something that shows like Cheers and Seinfeld did, as well as the smart ones who appreciate the higher comedy stuff.

...that was the funniest post I've ever read at AICN. Comedy gold. I'm stealing it and shooting it in nothing other than a static two-shot. - Kevin Smith
Agent Alonzo
UMAGAA OMBONGO

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:40 am

jeebus, what's with you lately? All serious and shit, droppin' knowledge left and right. And some people thought you didn't bring anything to the Zone aside from grade A funny...and hobos. Lots of hobos...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Agent Alonzo on Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:47 am

Ever since those kids got arrested for beating homeless guys it has suddenly become a bad thing to do... I mean those were just kids with bats, I am an artist...

Agent Alonzo
UMAGAA OMBONGO

Postby Gheorghe Zamfir on Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:52 am

Plus I don't think AD is in a situation where it just needs time so it can mature and become a good show, it already is a good show, its been funny since day one, it just doesn't have an audience, and if it doesn't have one at this point, with the way the show is structured, its probably not gonna get one.

Anyone get the feeling that the writers knew this was their last season anyways? Season 2 they went a lil broader, and for better or worse seemed to at least try to make the show accessible to new viewers, if you missed season 1, but tuned in for the premier of season 2, or even any of those early episodes, you probably would have been able to keep up no problem. This season just came out of the gates being very insular though, I've loved the show, but I think it would have been very tough for a new viewer to tune in this year and find anything to enjoy.
Gheorghe Zamfir
REAL DRAGON

Next

Return to Coaxial