ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT (Season Motherfucking Four!)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby Carolian on Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:02 am

I guess that was part of the problem... the people who'd seen every episode and loved it more than their children felt incredibly appreciated by the attention to in-jokes and continuity, but that same insular nature that bred such loyal fans also alienated possible new viewers. It was kind of a catch-22, and a frustrating one.

I'll say this, though. I will miss this show. Like a motherfucker.
The whole world's wild at heart and weird on top.

This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom.
Carolian
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:00 am

Agent Alonzo wrote:Yep, but Seinfeld was an inexpensive investment to give time to catch-on. AD is expensive, and it isn't bringing in anything like the profit any network is going to want. Stop blaming FOX people, they did as much as you can expect any broadcast network to do. Blame the American viewing public. Whether it is fair or not, they would rather watch Stacked, which is also much much cheaper to produce.
Had AD started on HBO it would have had a chance. As it is, it didn't learn how to hook the stupid people, something that shows like Cheers and Seinfeld did, as well as the smart ones who appreciate the higher comedy stuff.

Thats ridiculous. It's not like AD is some crazy off the wall sci fi show that needs all kinds of money for special effects. They can trim the studly off that show easy. All it needs is a few sets and less obscure celebrities and it's a lean mean laugh machine. They didn't need Scott Bayo to play Bob Loblaw to make that joke funny. I could be Bob Loblaw and not say a word and it would be just as funny. By the way, don't take this rant serious. I don't expect anything to come from this. I just think it's stupid
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Gheorghe Zamfir on Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:49 am

Just a bump reminding everyone tonight's the night FOX finishes it off.
Gheorghe Zamfir
REAL DRAGON

Postby RogueScribner on Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:02 pm

Dig the sexual chemistry between the Batemans! :P
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby cinephile2000 on Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:15 pm

I love this show but I must confess I don't watch it on tv I wait for the DVVDs so I can watch them every night for a few weeks. I hate that it is being cancelled but it had a good run while it lasted. Here's one person with their fingers crossed for the HBO pick up.
Just remember, your special like everyone else.
cinephile2000
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby RogueScribner on Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:24 pm

If that was the end of the series, I think it was fitting. Right when you think there's gonna be a "happily ever after" they turn the corner and everyone goes crazy again. Gotta love it!
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Fox to air the final 4 Arrested Developments on Feb 10th.

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:57 am

I just got finished watching all 4 eps (recorded them, skiped commercials)

I will say, if the series is finally over, That was possibly the best way for them to go out.

Some times when shows try to get things to end on a happy note, it kinda falls flat,

but this, this was good.

Especially with Ron Howard at the very end. Classic!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby LeFlambeur on Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:04 am

Ahhh... A satisfying ending. An ending so good in fact, I don't care that it's over. I wonder what would have been worse, having it end now, or jumping the shark later? I bet they could have got Henry Winkler to do it and the family would have watched from the yacht or something. That would have been classic.
LeFlambeur
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby lyra belacqua on Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:34 am

FUCK FOX!!!!
I missed the end of AD because Fox had to be a even huger douche than normal and schedule it on a Friday night! Fuckity fuck fuck fuck.
When does season 3 come out on DVD?
lyra belacqua
GEEK GODDESS

Postby Drummerdude on Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:49 pm

hopefully soon, i missed the first few eps this seasoon, us here in canada dont get showtime, but id sure as hell pay for more AD any day
Drummerdude
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby colonel_lugz on Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:56 pm

I just watched the final four today, Im sovery tearful right now.

Im sooo glad they didnt try to clutch at straws by attempting a last ditch effort to appeal to a new audience.....

Instead they decided to appeal completely to the fans and it was so fantastic, if i had been a non fan watching for the first tine i would not have get a single joke at all, this made it so much more personal to us devotees!!

I love AD, its the funniest show i've sen for a long time.....who will share the love????
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:59 pm

Having seen the final episodes I kinda hope they don't find a new home. I thought they ended it rather satisfactorily and I can't imagine how they could keep it going without treading on itself. I lost count of how many times I nearly pissed myself from laughing. I'd love it if Veronica Mars turns around and mentions Arrested Development and says something about Fox being idiots for cancelling it.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pudie on Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:38 pm

"Arrested Development" creator Mitch Hurwitz says he will not be continuing with the series, throwing a major -- likely fatal -- monkey wrench into attempts to keep the Emmy-winning laffer alive for a fourth season.

Series producers 20th Century Fox TV and Imagine TelevisionImagine Television had agreed on a deal to move "Arrested," previously on Fox, to Showtime -- assuming Hurwitz was willing to come back. In the end, however, a mix of creative and financial concerns has prompted Hurwitz to move on.

"The fans have been so ardent in their devotion and in return ... I've given everything I can to the show in order to try to live up to their expectations," Hurwitz told Daily Variety on Monday in a telephone interview from GothamGotham. "I finally reached a point where I felt I couldn't continue to deliver that on a weekly basis."

Nonetheless, Hurwitz said he put off making a final decision on his involvement so Showtime and 20th could talk about a possible deal.

"Of course, if there was enough money in it, I would have happily abandoned the fans' need for quality. But as it turns out, there wasn't," he said.

Indeed, Hurwitz and 20th have long been at odds over finances, sparring over everything from the show's budget to Hurwitz's own compensation. The two sides were unable to come to terms on an overall deal last year, and while creative concerns were clearly at play in Hurwitz's decision, coincoin may have been a key factor, insiders said.

Hurwitz said he had briefed most of the show's cast about his decision, as well as some of the writers. He also talked with exec producer-narrator Ron HowardRon Howard, who asked Hurwitz if he would be willing to continue as a consultant on "Arrested" should 20th and Imagine find a network willing to continue the skeinskein without Hurwitz.

"I said I'd be happy to do that, but that as showrunner, I've gone as far as I can go," he said.

Showtime entertainment toppertopper Bob Greenblatt made it clear in January that Hurwitz's participation in the show was essential to a deal (Daily Variety, Jan. 20). With Hurwitz out of the equation, Showtime is no longer a viable home for "Arrested," insiders said.

It doesn't help that one of Hurwitz's key deputies, exec producer Jim Valleley, also says he won't do the show without his boss. "We couldn't do the show without Mitch Hurwitz, and I wouldn't want to be the guy who tried," Valleley said, who called the apparent end of the show "heartbreaking."

Hurwitz said he had lunch with Showtime entertainment chief Bob Greenblatt even though he was leaning against continuing with the show. "He was actually very persuasive in telling me how much he believed in the show. I walked away thinking, 'Maybe,' " Hurwitz said.

Despite word of tension between Hurwitz and 20th, scribe said the studio and its sister net deserve credit for having produced and aired three seasons of the show.

"I can honestly say I'm appreciative. They put a lot of money into this, and I put a lot of my life into this," he said.

He also hinted that while "Arrested" may have run its course as a TV show as far as he's concerned, he would be interested in reviving the franchise as a feature film.

Reps for 20th and Showtime declined comment. One person familiar with the studio's thinking, however, said fans of the show shouldn't write an obit for "Arrested" just yet, noting 20th is the studio that revived "Family Guy."
Pudie
MAN IN SUIT

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:17 pm

sigh..........
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby papalazeru on Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:16 pm

Sorry for continuing this but...I'm just watching the series again and its so fucking funny.

Hilariously funny....third time round.

I'm so lucky to have it.

God bless this series. As much as I would love to see this series again, I don't want to see a new series. Unless everyone comes back, I dont want any of it...its too good to ruin.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby The Wrong Guy on Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:42 am

Are you watching it on DVD, or are you watching the first 5 ep's of Season 1 online at MSN for free...?

http://arresteddevelopment.msn.com/
The Wrong Guy
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:42 am

Conroy420 wrote:Just though I'd let all the Canadian zoners know that AR is now in syndecation on CBC, every day at 530 after Simpsons.

It looks like its into the second season already, but I just discouvered it last week, anyone got info on this?

I've already PVR'd it to record all of them anyway.

Just thought I'd let you guys know.....

From another, now locked, thread. Thanks Conroy!

Yeah...it's reruns, sorry if I got anyone's hopes up...

I was going to post about this tonight as well. I have CBC and discovered A.D. the other day, it's also on at midnight (PST).

I wonder, is getting CBC on premium cable standard in other cities, or is it just because Seattle is so close to Canada?

Man it's good seeing these eps again, I need to pick up the DVDs. I'd sell Burl's soul to get this back on the air with new eps somewhere...
Lord Voldemoo

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:17 am

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
Conroy420 wrote:Just though I'd let all the Canadian zoners know that AR is now in syndecation on CBC, every day at 530 after Simpsons.

It looks like its into the second season already, but I just discouvered it last week, anyone got info on this?

I've already PVR'd it to record all of them anyway.

Just thought I'd let you guys know.....

From another, now locked, thread. Thanks Conroy!

Yeah...it's reruns, sorry if I got anyone's hopes up...

I was going to post about this tonight as well. I have CBC and discovered A.D. the other day, it's also on at midnight (PST).

I wonder, is getting CBC on premium cable standard in other cities, or is it just because Seattle is so close to Canada?

Man it's good seeing these eps again, I need to pick up the DVDs. I'd sell Burl's soul to get this back on the air with new eps somewhere...

Hmmm...I didn't know that any Americans got CBC...

Are you sure you live in Seattle...

And not Nanaimo B.C instead...?

Exactly...?
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:36 pm

I've been to Nanaimo. No, thank the lord I don't live there.

And yeah, I love CBC! I get more Simpsons and A.D. reruns. That right there makes it worth being on my cable lineup.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:39 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:I've been to Nanaimo. No, thank the lord I don't live there.

And yeah, I love CBC! I get more Simpsons and A.D. reruns. That right there makes it worth being on my cable lineup.

Damn straight!
And a good dose of The Hour with George Stromboulopolis(sp?)

What's wrong with Nanaimo?!?!?1

They invented Nanaimo Bars?!?!?!

Or the nanaimo bars invented Nanaimo B.C.

Would Langley and/or Surrey suit you better!?!?!
Last edited by havocSchultz on Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:41 pm

Actually I like Nanaimo ok, and Victoria. But I'm a big city guy...I LOVE Vancouver. One of my favorite cities in the world except for the fact that it's a bitch to get around if you're driving.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:44 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:Actually I like Nanaimo ok, and Victoria. But I'm a big city guy...I LOVE Vancouver. One of my favorite cities in the world except for the fact that it's a bitch to get around if you're driving.

Vancouver's fucking awesome...

I was out in that vicinity for a few weeks in the fall...for the first time...and we completely fell in love with the city...

(So much better/nicer/friendlier/etc than Toronto...)

And we were so lucky to be able to see Stanley Park before the huge storms hit it recently and destroyed alot of it's beauty...

I soooooo wanna get myself a pad on Beach Ave...just sit in my balcony and stare at the ocean and the women running along the beach by the ocean all day...

Alas - did not get a chance to jump on the ferry to Victoria...but that's for next time...

If I ever get myself a new passport...next time we head out there - maybe we'll take a detour to Seattle...how long of a drive is it roughly from the 'Couver...???
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Terminator on Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:46 pm

I've been watching AR since it started on CBC and i'm sad I missed the original airings.

CBC is in the good books with Simpsons, AR, and Doctor Who.
Terminator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby minstrel on Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:33 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:Actually I like Nanaimo ok, and Victoria. But I'm a big city guy...I LOVE Vancouver. One of my favorite cities in the world except for the fact that it's a bitch to get around if you're driving.

I used to live in Victoria - my favorite city in the world. Life is just sweet there.

But, of course, I spent time in Nanaimo (nice town) and Vancouver (GREAT CITY!!). Also on some of the Gulf Islands. My mom lived on Salt Spring Island and that's a real gem of a place. I spent the past Christmas on Salt Spring with my sister and her family.

Now you've done it - you've gone and made me homesick again!
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:36 pm

hahaha, sorry buddy! Victoria is one of the most beautiful towns I've been to, it feels like another world (or at least another continent) heading over there from Seattle.

@Havoc, sorry, I missed your question earlier. It's roughly 3 hours from Seattle to Vancouver, but it depends enormously on the back up at the border.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:47 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:hahaha, sorry buddy! Victoria is one of the most beautiful towns I've been to, it feels like another world (or at least another continent) heading over there from Seattle.

@Havoc, sorry, I missed your question earlier. It's roughly 3 hours from Seattle to Vancouver, but it depends enormously on the back up at the border.

Cool...thnx...

That's not too bad of a drive actually (depending on the border and traffic though, yes...)

And I remember hearing once that Victoria is almost a "tropical" type climate...quite a bit different than even alot of the rest of B.C.

Just because of it's location and what-not...

I also hear it's one of the most laid back and relaxed cities in all of North America...
I mean - most of B.C itself is already pretty relaxed cause there's so many ex-hippies and current potheads there...

Good times...

But apparentely Victoria is even moreso...

As soon as I sell a screenplay/film of mine - I am so moving out West...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby TonyWilson on Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:51 pm

Oh shit, I love this show so much. I saw a few episodes on TV here, the ones with Charlize Theron actually and they made me scream with laughter, I mean really howl. So I bought the DVD set, I'm halfway through season 1. Sure South Park is sometimes hilarious but nowhere near as consistently, and CYE is a little bit too much build up to make you laugh in every single scene like AD does.
It's genius. My favourite character is definitely Tobias, the leather Daddy pants bit made me laugh so loud I must have woke the neighbours.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:52 pm

I know, I love this show so much, I'm STILL pissed I wont get to see any new ones...ever...ARGH.

Anyway, the bump to the thread reminded me, for those who didn't know: Arrested Development is now also on G4...the cable network that mostly deals with video games...check your local listings.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:27 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:Sh!t happens.

Just pop in "Rock You Like a Hurricane" and it will make it all better.

Damn, I was a bitter person two years ago.

Burl, I want to officially apologize for my bitterness towards you. I hope it didn't effect your disposition at all.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:21 am

ONeillSG1 wrote:Burl, I want to officially apologize for my bitterness towards you. I hope it didn't effect your disposition at all.

OMG that explains so much...
Lord Voldemoo

Postby TonyWilson on Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:29 pm

Just started season 2. Still genius. Best line so far has to be Tobias in regards to having the master bedroom - "good to be back in a queen"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHA
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:25 pm

There have been rumors for years, but with both Bateman and Tambor recently confirming that there is talk of an AD film in the pipeline (supported by show exec Ron Howard), there's a growing chance we may be able to move this thread from coaxial to movie news soon.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Story from E's Kristin
Lord Voldemoo

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:32 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:There have been rumors for years, but with both Bateman and Tambor recently confirming that there is talk of an AD film in the pipeline (supported by show exec Ron Howard), there's a growing chance we may be able to move this thread from coaxial to movie news soon.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Story from E's Kristin

It would be awesome to see this actually workout!

My fingers have been crossed so long that I've got hand cramps, however.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Bob Samonkey on Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:35 pm

I would have like to have seen this go to a cable channel and continue to be on, but I am not sure it would work as a movie. I just cannot picture it...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:37 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:I would have like to have seen this go to a cable channel and continue to be on, but I am not sure it would work as a movie. I just cannot picture it...

I know, I'm having trouble with that too. but even if it's just a 2 hour episode I don't give a damn as long as the writing is clever and they utter the phrase "the Bob Loblaw Law Blog"
Lord Voldemoo

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:47 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:I would have like to have seen this go to a cable channel and continue to be on, but I am not sure it would work as a movie. I just cannot picture it...

I know, I'm having trouble with that too. but even if it's just a 2 hour episode I don't give a damn as long as the writing is clever and they utter the phrase "the Bob Loblaw Law Blog"

I'd love to see it back on TV too, but a movie will help fill a part of that void. The writers did such a great job over the seasons that I will give them the benefit of the doubt on a movie
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby papalazeru on Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:47 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:

Hehe!

Scott Baio. How can you go wrong!

This could be the most sought after film for me. Thank for bringing this up Moo.

Some of the best castings and definately the best writing in America for decades.

papalazeru

Postby TonyWilson on Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:52 pm

I could see them making it a little bit more documentary like for the film, maybe add a few to camera interviews to go with all the other extra footage, photos and newspaper clippings the series has, that way you could open it up for a bigger audience which is what they'll have to do.
I really hope it goes ahead.
TonyWilson

Postby papalazeru on Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:00 pm

Just forced my sister to watch the first 2 episodes of this.

She then asked to watch another 3.

Never seen a better more complete articulate series than this.

If I were ever to make a series, it would have to be this.

10/10

papalazeru

Postby papalazeru on Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:01 pm

Is this news?

Am I the first with this?

Some random youtube link

and I PROMISE YOU, it's not Rick Astley...or you can kill me.

papalazeru

Postby Leckomaniac on Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:08 pm

papalazeru wrote:Is this news?

Am I the first with this?

Some random youtube link

and I PROMISE YOU, it's not Rick Astley...or you can kill me.

Not sure this is "news" per se. The prospect of a film in nothing new. And Bateman will tell anyone who will listen that the film isn't dead. Hopefully, they will have something more substantial to announce shortly, now that the writer's strike is over.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:10 pm

But I sooooo want the film.

I'm watching the first ep as we speak. I still love it.

I've seen the whole show at least 5 times over. It's brilliant; a stroke of sheer genius.

papalazeru

Postby Leckomaniac on Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:13 pm

papalazeru wrote:But I sooooo want the film.

I've seen the whole show at least 5 times over. It's brilliant; a stroke of sheer genius.

Me too, but with certain caveats. As long as the film leans more towards S02 and not S03. Don't go for broad humor or try to make it easily accessible. Some concessions on that front, I will abide, but not many.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:42 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:

Me too, but with certain caveats. As long as the film leans more towards S02 and not S03. Don't go for broad humor or try to make it easily accessible. Some concessions on that front, I will abide, but not many.

Agreed, I thought the Not a Pussy storyline was a little weak but still great compared with most American sitcoms.

The film, I'll agree, need to be more based with a sense of distorted reality than a fantasist approach.

papalazeru

Postby silentbobafett on Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:31 am

I'm mental about this show. Followed it since S1 and been crazy for it ever since. And, I must stay I didn't mind S3. Acutally I fucking loved it. It wasn't the best series, but it's hands down better than most shite US comedy's... just an idea...

How comes Jericho and Friday Night Lights can get life on new channels/ new combi deals and Arrested Development with a clear die hard fanbase and more than decent DVD sales can't fidn a fucking home!

I know Hurwitz said he's doen with it, but I felt part of that was accepting he had lost the fight. S3 shows that they were willing to try for more...
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:48 am

I've only seen S1. I'd better endeavour to catch up if there's a movie... you wouldn't believe how many people in the UK don't know about this show.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:50 am

Leckomaniac wrote:

If you revisit season 3 it still spends time building jokes and weird asides and stuff. Yeah the broad humor is there too but people complained about broad humor in season 2 as well. While season 3 isnt the best season and actually probably the worst over all it still is really fn great.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby dablunt89 on Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:52 pm

I can't speak for the entire country, but I know the people around me have changed their perception of comedy in some major ways. With the Office, superbad, all those apatow films, they all take the 'awkward' some times anti-comedy to the extreme. flight of the conchords is worth mentioning too, while its not as well known, it has built itself a sizable fan base and has been renewed another season. Also, for all the Juno hate that goes on, the film did wonders for Mike Cera and Jason Bateman and have probably increased interest in the show. I think if they gave AD another go in film or tv form it would be much more rewarding now then it was in early 2000. Poor guys were just ahead of their time.

"Oh I forgot...your wife is dead! I-I'm sorry that was inappropriate..."
It doesn't have to make sense to be intense.
dablunt89
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby papalazeru on Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:47 pm

I just got through watching the Entire series for Nth time.

It still suprises me how funny and smart the show was.

I know the third series gets slate compared to the other 2 seasons but I'm having reservations about calling it the worst series.

Wee Britain was a weak idea but the jokes that surrounded series 3, which were set up by Wee Britain, were incredible. Mr F what an awesome running joke especially in the episode where they do the godzill impersinations and have the Japanese round.

Perfect comic timing.

I know they are proffesionals and all but....c'mon, how many times do you think they all cracked up? I bet it was too many to count.

papalazeru

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:51 pm

papalazeru wrote:Mr F what an awesome running joke especially in the episode where they do the godzill impersinations and have the Japanese round.

Perfect comic timing.

That Mole Man verse Rocket Man made me fall of the chair laughing so hard. The spent like 5 episodes building to that one joke and fn hell was it pure amazing-ness. I was working for a Japanese company at the time and it just heightened my enjoyment of the Japanese buisnessmen jokes.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial