Scariest a Hollywood Marriage

Discuss all the finest actors, living or dead -- their films, their talents, and their weird, drug-related escapades.

Which is a the scarier Hollywood a marriage?

Ernest Borgnine and Ethel Merman
60%
Danny DeVito and Rita Perlman
40%

Total votes : 10

Scariest a Hollywood Marriage

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:28 pm

The Dino, he got a to thinking about a this over inna the Criterion DVD discussion about a the Straw Dogs... keep inna mind... they prolly "did it".
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby The Ginger Man on Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:35 pm

These couples aren't scary. They're heartwarming. They show that even in Hollywood, ugly love can find a way.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:49 pm

Hey why you gotta rain onna the parade, eh? Holy crappa, just a look atta me, no? I'm a pretty ugly too, but love, she do find a the way. But a still, I shudder to a think about a the horror of a the Borgnine/Merman wedding a night...
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby PVIII on Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:53 pm

Danny Devito naked in Big Fish was gross, creepy, and reminded me of a studly, human rat with a mustache. But Deep Roy's still cool in my book.

PVIII
"It's an Illusion!"--GOB
PVIII
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:53 pm

Danny DeVito inna the Big a Fish? Holy crappa, I thought it was a the Ron Jeremy!!!
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:56 pm

You guys are mean. studly people have feelings too, you know.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby PVIII on Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:57 pm

DennisMM in 5,4,3,2...

PVIII
"It's an Illusion!"--GOB
PVIII
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:04 pm

I served Pizza to Rhea and Danny's kid in Providence, RI (she was/is going to Brown). Thought she'd be a mess of a lot uglier than what she was. 'Bout as tall though.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby cockknocker on Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:30 pm

I thought for a moment I read Danny Devito and Ron Perlman...
"Around dawn in Edinburgh is a really good time to see the castle wandering around, having a wank. "
cockknocker
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby DennisMM on Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:24 pm

Actually, PVIII, I just got here. studly people can be disgusting. I certainly didn't want to see a naked DeVito, or a naked Burl Ives (no offense, Burl). I've no interest in seeing Bette Midler, but I suspect I'd like a naked Camryn Mannheim. And I'd really like to see that chick in the m&ms commercial. Wow!

By the way, P, how do you pronounce (if you do) your username? It's just not registering with me. I'm probably slow, as is frequently the case.

Oh, and Merman and Borgnine take the cake on this one. Drew Friedman did a cartoon on the hideousness of this union. Merman's pleading, "Come to bed, Ernie." Borgnine, with a distracted smile, replies, "But honey, you know I got diarrhea!"

Merman did claim that she was stuck in a "Dutch oven" with Ernie's fumes during their 32 days of bliss.

There are some things man was not meant to know.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby PVIII on Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:36 pm

^I'm just messin' Dennis. It's just P V and 3. My initials (technically PSVIII). Not that cool. :(

PVIII
"It's an Illusion!"--GOB
PVIII
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby St. Alphonzo on Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:44 pm

DennisMM wrote:Merman did claim that she was stuck in a "Dutch oven" with Ernie's fumes during their 32 days of bliss.

There are some things man was not meant to know.

DennisMM, there are also some things man was not meant to read while eating a meatball sandwich. Eeewww. I think I'll be finishing my lunch much later.
St. Alphonzo
Patron Saint

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:56 pm

DennisMM wrote:Oh, and Merman and Borgnine take the cake on this one. Drew Friedman did a cartoon on the hideousness of this union. Merman's pleading, "Come to bed, Ernie." Borgnine, with a distracted smile, replies, "But honey, you know I got diarrhea!"

DennisMM, a you magnificent putz, the Dino, he like a you! This a whole thread came about inna my head 'cos a the Drew Friedman funny book! Although, iffa I remember, the line was more like a the "I gots a the shits!" which makes it alla the more horrible!
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby DennisMM on Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:30 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:[DennisMM, a you magnificent putz, the Dino, he like a you! This a whole thread came about inna my head 'cos a the Drew Friedman funny book! Although, iffa I remember, the line was more like a the "I gots a the shits!" which makes it alla the more horrible!

Thank you, Dino. I am a honored.

Could be the shits, Dino, but I'm pretty sure I got it close to right. I looked at the book (Warts and All) last year before I donated a bunch of stuff to a charity sale. I wonder what the buyer thought of it?
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM

Postby DennisMM on Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:34 pm

St. Alphonzo wrote:DennisMM, there are also some things man was not meant to read while eating a meatball sandwich. Eeewww. I think I'll be finishing my lunch much later.

Sorry, sir. I have a remarkably strong stomach and tend to think others do, as well. This doesn't always please my wife.

Oddly enough, I can look at horrible wounds and destruction, real and fictional, on TV without flinching. But I cringe and feel my insides shrivel if I see someone get a nasty cut on the finger.
DennisMM

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:38 pm

Enh... you a may be right... The Dino, he ordered a the book "Any Similarity to a the Persons Living or Dead" back inna day ('87 I think) anna then, he try to order the "Warts" book, but a the Fantagraphics Press? They send a note to a the Dino saying that a the lost a the plates to a the book, anna they dinna know when they would a ever get it a published... returned a my check anna everything. Looks a like a they finally found a the plates, eh?
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby DennisMM on Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:38 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:Enh... you a may be right... The Dino, he ordered a the book "Any Similarity to a the Persons Living or Dead" back inna day ('87 I think) anna then, he try to order the "Warts" book, but a the Fantagraphics Press? They send a note to a the Dino saying that a the lost a the plates to a the book, anna they dinna know when they would a ever get it a published... returned a my check anna everything. Looks a like a they finally found a the plates, eh?

I've never trusted Gary Groth, and I never will. Bastard didn't give me a job. Probably for the best. I would have ended up painting his garage, like the Hernandez brothers.
DennisMM

Return to Actor Discussion