Kal-El Coppola Cage

Discuss all the finest actors, living or dead -- their films, their talents, and their weird, drug-related escapades.

Kal-El Coppola Cage

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:55 pm

burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby WinslowLeach on Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:12 pm

That is fuckin AWESOME! Kal El!! Nicky Boy is definitely one of us!! haha.
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:14 pm

I wonder if they will just call him Clark! LOL
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Agent Alonzo on Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:39 pm

I always thought Cage was a stage name. Shows how little I know...
alonzo..... my apologies you ho-bag! - banthafodderUK

...that was the funniest post I've ever read at AICN. Comedy gold. I'm stealing it and shooting it in nothing other than a static two-shot. - Kevin Smith
Agent Alonzo
UMAGAA OMBONGO

Postby DennisMM on Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:53 pm

Agent Alonzo wrote:I always thought Cage was a stage name. Shows how little I know...

It was; he was Nicolas Coppola until he got into acting. He took the name Cage (from Luke Cage, Hero for Hire/Power Man) so he wouldn't seem to be riding on Francis's coattails. Talia Shire did the same.

Like many actors/singers who become well known under another name, he eventually took the nom de film as his legal name, though he seems to have appended Cage onto Coppola rather than simply replacing former for latter..

At least they can call the kid Kal. Imagine poor little Apple.

BTW, Cage was signed to do "Superman Lives" before that project fell apart. He just loves ol' Supes.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Adam Balm on Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:10 pm

I honestly think he would have made a better Supes than what we've seen of Baby Routh so far. Sure, he looks nothing like the part, but neither did Reeve before he dyed his hair and bulked up.
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:12 pm

Adam Balm wrote:I honestly think he would have made a better Supes than what we've seen of Baby Routh so far. Sure, he looks nothing like the part, but neither did Reeve before he dyed his hair and bulked up.

WHAH!

Dude, Nic stepped up a place in my books. Makes me wish I could have a son and name him bulbittl.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby WinslowLeach on Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:21 pm

Nick also had a incredible comic book collection, but he sold it awhile back. If youve seen some of his early home videos, he plays Superman in some of them.
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Agent Alonzo on Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:27 pm

Yeah I knew it wasn't his given name, I just didn't realize he made it his legal name... I stand by my gag in the TB, he should have named it Steel...

...that was the funniest post I've ever read at AICN. Comedy gold. I'm stealing it and shooting it in nothing other than a static two-shot. - Kevin Smith
Agent Alonzo
UMAGAA OMBONGO

Postby bluebottle on Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:35 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:WHAH!

Dude, Nic stepped up a place in my books. Makes me wish I could have a son and name him bulbittl.

If I ever have a son, i'll name him "Left Nut" and he'll ask me where I got the name from and I'll say, "you were named after Burl Ives' left nut".
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:44 pm

Everyone is going to hate your son.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:49 pm

he'll have a smaller shorter twin named, "right nut". THAT kid will get picked on.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:55 pm

Are you a master of eugenics or something? How are you so sure this will happen as you say?
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:04 pm

i AM a master of eugenics.

i learned it at the "Learing Annex".

and I can bend spoons with my mind!
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:07 pm

you fucking canadiANs. Why not just destroy the world Akira-style already. WE ARE TIRED OF LIVING IN FEAR!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:11 pm

I'm just waiting for my orders... As soon as they come in, be ready... Millions of Canadians will swoop down on your nation, and make you breakfast (pancakes, back bacon, eggs..)

with bent spoons.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:24 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Flumm on Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:26 pm

...um.... they're filming lost in Hawai...right?
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:30 pm

?!?
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby DennisMM on Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:30 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:
Adam Balm wrote:I honestly think he would have made a better Supes than what we've seen of Baby Routh so far. Sure, he looks nothing like the part, but neither did Reeve before he dyed his hair and bulked up.

WHAH!

Of course, in most of "Lives," Supes was to be in the post-revival black costume from the comics. Cage probably could have pulled it off more easily, as it wouldn't have been the Supes people knew.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM

Postby so sorry on Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:22 pm

Does anyone remember an old Saturday Night Live skit with Nic Cage as an expecting father, discussing name choices with his wife?
Every name she throws out to him, he shoots down, claiming the child will be mercilessly picked on (he 'acts out' the teasing).
the payoff to the skit is that his last name is Asswhipe ("its pronounced, az-whe-pa").
seriously one of the funniest skits i can remember, made even more funny now in light of his idiotic child's name.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:27 pm

Even though with their name change, the likes of Cage and Angelina Jolie (daughter of Jon Voight) have still made it in the business with the help of their family connections.

You don't have to a Film Extra like me, to get an inside look at how the insustry works and realise that so many people in the business know these people are related anyway, regardless of their changed names.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Brocktune on Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:47 pm

so sorry wrote:Does anyone remember an old Saturday Night Live skit with Nic Cage as an expecting studly, discussing name choices with his wife?
Every name she throws out to him, he shoots down, claiming the child will be mercilessly picked on (he 'acts out' the teasing).
the payoff to the skit is that his last name is Asswhipe ("its pronounced, az-whe-pa").
seriously one of the funniest skits i can remember, made even more funny now in light of his idiotic child's name.

how eerily, comedicly ironic.
that episode of snl was the only thing i actually really liked cage in. it, he was so funny. he should stick to comedy, because its impossible to take him seriously. ok, so he was good in "Wild at Heart" too, but thats it.
im gonna name my kid r2-d2, that is to say, if i ever find a girl who will do it to me.
Last edited by Brocktune on Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:05 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Even though with their name change, the likes of Cage and Angelina Jolie (daughter of Jon Voight) have still made it in the business with the help of their family connections.

You don't have to a Film Extra like me, to get an inside look at how the insustry works and realise that so many people in the business know these people are related anyway, regardless of their changed names.

True, but some have gone out of their way to minimize the leakage, at least early on. Sure, Cage was referred to as Coppola's nephew, but the early articles I saw about him (15 or more years ago) tended to bury that information way down in the piece.

I don't think Jolie necessarily tried to play down her parental involvement. I think she just dislikes her father enough that she didn't want to use his name.
DennisMM

Postby doglips on Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:13 pm

Here is a good bad name story ............( will make more sense to the brits but I will attempt to explain......Liverpool are a football club, Anfield is Liverpool's home ground and Shearer is Alan Shearer a footballer at Newcastle United.....)

I go to pick my wife and new baby up from hospital, I had been to visit every day but had not taken much notice of the other ladies on the ward. On the last day however, as we were leaving, the lady in the adjacent bed bids my wife and son goodbye and my wife returns the sentiment, adding " Oh , have you decided on a name yet? " The lady replies as follows..........(NB the infant unamed is a girl) "Well we thought about 'Tyler Anfield Jones' ( not too bad I thought, John Peel's kids middle names are all Anfield ) but my boyfriend does not like Liverpool fc so we decided on 'Shearer Anfield Jones' and well we thought Shearer would make a good girls name cos it sounds like She-ra when you say it and she-ra was a princess wasn't she.."

Thats the gods honest truth, 'Shearer Anfield Jones' for a little baby girl.......Anything is possible in Leicester.........
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby Agent Alonzo on Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:56 am

I got laid in Leicester once, by an actual attractive woman... So yes, anything is possible in Leicester...

Agent Alonzo
UMAGAA OMBONGO

Re: Nicolas Cage is TESLA

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:02 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Nicolas Cage Lives

Postby TheButcher on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:55 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Kal-El Coppola Cage

Postby TheButcher on Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:58 pm

Spike Jonze Interview: Her, Joaquin Phoenix, Expendables 4
So, you’ve directed John Malkovich and two Nic Cages, which is an action trope, someone playing two characters. Would we ever get Spike Jonze’s Expendables 4, and what would that be like?

[Laughs] Well...um...what would it be? You tell me. You write it, I’ll make it. Pitch me, right now.

I don’t have anything for you. Well, there’d be Stallone and... three Nic Cages? And they’d just be fighting Jason Statham for 90 minutes.

Well, what if it was all Nic Cages?

All Nic Cage? Now I’m on board.

The Expendables 4 with all Nic Cages. I would die to do that movie. Imagine how good he would be. ‘Cause in those action movies you have the hero guy that needs to get back in the saddle again, you have the guy that is getting reluctantly pulled back in, the nerdier guy who’s good at technology and the bomb guy who’s socially awkward, so he’d play all the different guys in the action movie. And he’d play the bad guy, obviously.

Ahh, action movie bad guy Nic Cage would be great.

All right, I’ll work on it.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:41 pm

thanks for giving me another chance to post this:

i want to see the follow-up episode after abed's seen expendables 4 starring all nic cages.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Grim & Gritty Left Behind Reboot

Postby TheButcher on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:37 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Kal-El Cage

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:45 am

The Death of Superman Lives; What Happened? Full Trailer

Nicholas Cage Calls His Man of Steel in Cancelled ‘Superman Lives’ ‘Gutsy’
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Space Cage

Postby TheButcher on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:27 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:47 pm

This OUTCAST Trailer Offers Some Top-Tier Nicolas Cage-age
“I AM the White Ghost!” Damn right he is.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:12 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:31 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:05 am

'Duck Dynasty's' Willie Robertson Exec Producing Nicolas Cage Film 'Left Behind'
"Like most Christians, my family and I can truly say that we're excited about the soon return of Jesus"
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:15 pm

The Alamo Drafthouse Presents: THE RETURN OF CAGED!
We're doing it AGAIN. Because Nic Cage's Birthday only comes once a year and we're going to continue to throw him this party until he shows up.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:02 am

Exclusive: Empire Meets Nicolas Cage
On stalkers, sharks and dance-offs with Judge Reinhold
James Dyer and Nick de Semlyen wrote:You mentioned that you've seen The Purge. I'm guessing that given that you've made such a broad variety of films, you see all kinds of films as well. Are you a big movie watcher? Do you keep up with stuff?

I try to be when I have time. It's important to me to stay abreast of what's happening now. I have different movies for different things. You know, I'll be totally honest: when I want to shut my head off and I don't wanna think, like I'm playing Jack Halcombe in a movie as grim as The Frozen Ground, I'll go home and I'll put on a Ishiro Honda movie like War Of The Gargantuas or Godzilla Vs King Ghidorah. I love that childlike charm of those men in suits playing those characters, and that's a great way not to have to think, you know? That's what I do to shut my head off.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: HOW'D IT GET BURNED

Postby TheButcher on Sun May 03, 2015 7:42 am

"The Wicker Man"
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:39 am

/film VOTD:
Nicolas Cage Surprises the Audience at Alamo Drafthouse’s “C4GED” Marathon
TheButcher