Page 1 of 1

Beam Up Me, Scotty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:51 am
by vicious_bastard
George Takei has come out of the closet. Fair play to him. Not particularly newsworthy but hey, it's a slow day and a good oppurtunity to use that 'beam' gag.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:54 am
by so sorry
Oh my....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:01 pm
by WinslowLeach
Georgey takes it in the seat too? Wow, I didnt see that one coming.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:38 pm
by DinoDeLaurentiis
WinslowLeach wrote:Georgey takes it in the seat too? Wow, I didnt see that one coming.


Wins... tell a me you being sarcastic, eh?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:19 pm
by DennisMM
I was not really surprised. Takei was always so smooth, so balanced. I got a Richard Chamberlain vibe off him, and Chamberlain, though he didn't come out until recently, was clearly g@y.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:29 pm
by Adam Balm
I don't get the beam reference.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:09 pm
by DinoDeLaurentiis
"Beam" as a inna the "long wooden pole" perhaps?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:11 pm
by Brocktune
man, as if poor sulu didnt catch enough shit from howard stern before. they are going to have a field day with this one.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:14 pm
by WinslowLeach
NEWSFLASH! Sulu Likes It In The Browneye! Film at 11!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:26 pm
by Brocktune
anyone read sulus autobiography? he really comes across like a bitter old queen. he really hates the shat-man. to this day, he cant stop griping about it. sour fucking grapes sulu.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:28 pm
by Adam Balm
Is he still trying to put together a USS Excelsior series?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:57 pm
by DennisMM
Brocktune wrote:anyone read sulus autobiography? he really comes across like a bitter old queen. he really hates the shat-man. to this day, he cant stop griping about it. sour fucking grapes sulu.


Let's count off the number of ST:TOS cast members who have said they hate(d)/felt seriously let down by Shat: Koenig, Takei, Nimoy for a long time, Kelley for a while, Doohan for many years, Barrett admittedly at times, Whitney when she wasn't out of her mind on drugs. That leaves Nichols, who was too busy giving Gene blowjobs under his desk, as his only solid supporter.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:04 pm
by ONeillSG1
I love the fact that Doohan's death thread title inspired someone to make a thread devoted to Takei's coming out party.

Aye, Jimmy would be so proud.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:09 pm
by Brocktune
im not saying shatner wasnt a dick, but when you read sulus take on things, he sounds bitter that shatner was the star of the show. a lot of the resentment towards shatner seems to stem from the fact that he was the star and they were not. now, they will take their hatred to their graves. but to be fair, im sure at the same time, shatner was probably in insufferable son of a bitch most of the time.... all of the time
and i think that given the right circumstances, nichols just might've done the same thing for shatner.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:15 pm
by vicious_bastard
Takei's resentment might be something to do with growing up on a US internment camp. I bet there was a Shat-a-like guard there.

More likely, he WAS just a gentleman.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:17 pm
by bluebottle
i thought he was already out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:23 pm
by docfalken
I collect signed books. This first edition should now be worth a lot.

It's a big deal because, you know, CNN decides that being Dumbledore should be covered in a headline on their front page. Geeez.

Ok, Mike Piazza. You can come out tomorrow.

Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:51 pm
by Adam Balm
Your name is Joy? Or was he dedicating the book to joy itself?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:56 pm
by docfalken
My name is Joy.

I'm 5'8". 110 lbs. 38DD. And limber.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:58 pm
by DennisMM
Brocktune wrote:im not saying shatner wasnt a dick, but when you read sulus take on things, he sounds bitter that shatner was the star of the show. a lot of the resentment towards shatner seems to stem from the fact that he was the star and they were not. now, they will take their hatred to their graves. but to be fair, im sure at the same time, shatner was probably in insufferable son of a bitch most of the time.... all of the time
and i think that given the right circumstances, nichols just might've done the same thing for shatner.


From what I've read, yes, the supporting players were unhappy with Shat being the star, but that was because he usuallyacted like the star. He would count lines in scripts to make sure he dominated and he constantly insisted that the supporting players couldn't carry episodes based around them.

Kirk had to be the center, with Spock and McCoy around him. Everyone else could have been played by a different actor each week. Apparently he didn't even much like the idea of Spock-centered episodes, which is why they were few and far between.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:58 pm
by DinoDeLaurentiis
docfalken wrote:My name is Joy.

I'm 5'8". 110 lbs. 38DD. And limber.


Wow... Almond Joy has a the Mounds, no?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:59 pm
by DennisMM
docfalken wrote:My name is Joy.

I'm 5'8". 110 lbs. 38DD. And limber.


So, your identity as joblo takes on new meaning.

ETA like, two days later: I meant jobo, obviously. Jeez, what a dick I am.