Regarding the almighty Affleck

Discuss all the finest actors, living or dead -- their films, their talents, and their weird, drug-related escapades.

Postby papalazeru on Sat May 24, 2008 6:51 am

Chairman Kaga wrote:Affleck missed the boat.


That is awesome CK. Finally managed to watch it. I so want to see that POS.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11475
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Postby RogueScribner on Sat May 24, 2008 7:27 am

They totally ripped off Robocop's tagline!
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
User avatar
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger
 
Posts: 9609
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:52 am
Location: Melbourne, FL

Postby WinslowLeach on Sat May 24, 2008 8:06 am

Image

His shining moment was def in Pearl Harbor!
User avatar
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:39 pm
Location: The Deuce

Postby minstrel on Sat May 24, 2008 2:53 pm

Thanks, Winslow. I was waiting for someone to do that.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
User avatar
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency
 
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Area 52

Re: Regarding the almighty Affleck

Postby yorrick brown on Sat May 24, 2008 8:18 pm

bastard_robo wrote:
slumber party69 wrote:Image
Image


Affleck was the BOMB in Phantoms YO!


lol,

"applesauce bitch!."
Should I call you Bullet? Tooth?
Image
You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
yorrick brown
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:36 am
Location: perth,australia

Re: Regarding the almighty Affleck

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:52 am

User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17418
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re:

Postby King Psyz on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:14 pm

King Psyz wrote:DO NOT give the man any ideas...

shit too late, coming 2008 Ben Affleck as...IRON MAN
featuring a completely different story with nearly no relation to the Iron Man the world loves and a total redesign of the classic vissage of Iron Man!


Iron Man, Batman... same diff...
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?
 
Posts: 4906
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: anywhere but here

Re: Re:

Postby minstrel on Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:16 am

King Psyz wrote:
King Psyz wrote:DO NOT give the man any ideas...

shit too late, coming 2008 Ben Affleck as...IRON MAN
featuring a completely different story with nearly no relation to the Iron Man the world loves and a total redesign of the classic vissage of Iron Man!


Iron Man, Batman... same diff...


Iron Man and Batman may be the same, but Tony Stark is a hell of a lot more fun to be with than Bruce Wayne!
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
User avatar
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency
 
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Area 52

Batfleck: Year One

Postby TheButcher on Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:31 pm

User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17418
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: Regarding the almighty Affleck

Postby TheBaxter on Thu May 16, 2019 11:05 pm

Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 19156
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: Regarding the almighty Affleck

Postby so sorry on Fri May 17, 2019 9:16 am




Jeebus-H-Cripes. This may go down as an all-time terrible casting decision.
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15635
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: Regarding the almighty Affleck

Postby Fievel on Fri May 17, 2019 9:59 am

I've never seen a Twilight film, but have enjoyed him in what I've seen. I'll give him a chance.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12136
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Re: Regarding the almighty Affleck

Postby so sorry on Fri May 17, 2019 10:05 am

Fievel wrote:I've never seen a Twilight film, but have enjoyed him in what I've seen. I'll give him a chance.



body type, that's what I was getting at, not his acting ability. Seems to lean for the role, but I guess beefing up these days isn't a big deal, and if a Hollywood midget like Tom Cruise can be an action star, I guess this guy could do it.
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15635
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: Regarding the almighty Affleck

Postby Fievel on Fri May 17, 2019 11:27 am

so sorry wrote:
Fievel wrote:I've never seen a Twilight film, but have enjoyed him in what I've seen. I'll give him a chance.



body type, that's what I was getting at, not his acting ability. Seems to lean for the role, but I guess beefing up these days isn't a big deal, and if a Hollywood midget like Tom Cruise can be an action star, I guess this guy could do it.


Ring-ring!
It's 1989 calling, wanting its anti-Michael Keaton arguments back! :lol:
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12136
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Re: Regarding the almighty Affleck

Postby so sorry on Fri May 17, 2019 11:56 am

Fievel wrote:
so sorry wrote:
Fievel wrote:I've never seen a Twilight film, but have enjoyed him in what I've seen. I'll give him a chance.



body type, that's what I was getting at, not his acting ability. Seems to lean for the role, but I guess beefing up these days isn't a big deal, and if a Hollywood midget like Tom Cruise can be an action star, I guess this guy could do it.


Ring-ring!
It's 1989 calling, wanting its anti-Michael Keaton arguments back! :lol:



Oh yeah? Well.... the jerk store called, they're all out of YOU! 8-)
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15635
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: Regarding the almighty Affleck

Postby TheBaxter on Fri May 17, 2019 11:59 am

my first impression was that he would be too young for the part, but apparently he's 33, which is older than Bale was for his first Batman movie. guess i'm just stuck on his Twilight image. i have no opinion on his acting abilities. another Batman movie doesn't get me all that excited at this point.
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 19156
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: Regarding the almighty Affleck

Postby Ribbons on Fri May 17, 2019 6:25 pm

so sorry wrote:
Fievel wrote:I've never seen a Twilight film, but have enjoyed him in what I've seen. I'll give him a chance.


body type, that's what I was getting at, not his acting ability. Seems to lean for the role, but I guess beefing up these days isn't a big deal, and if a Hollywood midget like Tom Cruise can be an action star, I guess this guy could do it.


They could give him a giant foam muscle suit like in Shazam!
User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13891
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Previous

Return to Actor Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron