Did Bruce Lee really bout Chuck Norris, and if so, who won?

Discuss all the finest actors, living or dead -- their films, their talents, and their weird, drug-related escapades.

Did Bruce Lee really bout Chuck Norris, and if so, who won?

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:28 pm

Not the Way of the Dragon fight, but in real life, as I heard many stories that they did - and that Bruce Lee lost!!!!!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Colin on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:32 pm

They never had a proper brawl, to the best of my knowledge, and I know my Lee history. They trained together quite a bit and exchanged techniques, though.

A good book to read with an unbiased look at Lee's life is "FIghting Spirit" (I think), by Bruce Thomas.
Last edited by Colin on Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colin
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby vicious_bastard on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:32 pm

Wikipedia wrote:They (Lee and Norris) were not close friends. Lee had repeatedly humiliated Norris during a mock sparring session in the hotel hallway at the Long Beach International Karate Championships in 1964. And Norris had offended Lee when he publicly claimed to be a better fighter than Lee. When word got back to Lee, he called Norris and openly challenged him, threatening to drive to his school to fight (Norris was teaching his black belt class at that time). According to eye witnesses, Lee made Norris hold the phone receiver up and shout in front of his black belts, "Bruce Lee is a better fighter than me!" Later, Norris wrote an apologetic letter to Lee; the original letter is currently in the care of Lee's student, Dan Inosanto. Yet despite these conflicts, the two managed to set aside any differences in pursuit of their mutual film aspirations and develop a friendly public persona toward one another.

Lee pwned him - made him admit defeat on the phone like a bitch.
vicious_bastard
AIRWOLF

Re: Did Bruce Lee really bout Chuck Norris, and if so, who w

Postby thomasgaffney on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:33 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Not the Way of the Dragon fight, but in real life, as I heard many stories that they did - and that Bruce Lee lost!!!!!

I'm not too well-versed in Lee history (maybe Athena knows the real answer) but I've always heard that was an urban legend.
find me: twitter and goodreads
find my book: amazon and apple and barnes & noble
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:35 pm

But Colin, if you know you're...... ---- oh God, your sig pic just turned up.

OH GOD, I'm exploding and passing out all at the same time now.

DAMN YOU COLIN!!!!!!!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:39 pm

Stella Artois adverts. One of them is on now, and it has created so much hate in me, that I can't type what I was trying to now.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:40 pm

Oops! Wrong thread. With so many changes going on in this Index every second since the Black Gates opened, it has been difficult to navigate properly.

Those Ads still are annoying though aren't they?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby wonkabar on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:42 pm

Yeah, but whatever happened to the Vince Neil vs. Axel Rose bout?
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby DennisMM on Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:03 pm

They vomited on one another and passed out. Axel won for largest bandanna, but only just.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:30 pm

DennisMM wrote:They vomited on one another and passed out. Axel won for largest bandanna, but only just.

IPAMPILASH
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby HoodedAvenger on Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:44 am

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Stella Artois adverts. One of them is on now, and it has created so much hate in me, that I can't type what I was trying to now.

why with the Faux artschool ads not when everyone I know calls it wifebeater rather than stella artois
I Tire Of This
HoodedAvenger
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby buster00 on Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:53 am

Bruce Lee killed a drunken Chuck Norris outside a Hong Kong nightclub in 1974. Lee stopped Norris' heart with a series of four solid punches right square in the fuckin' chest. It was awesome. Here's the link:
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:26 am

HAHAHAAHAHAHHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, thanks for bumping up a thread that contained 56% amount of absolute off subject bollox (even if 21% of that was mine too).

Now can we finally answer this subject?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:52 am

i remember when i was a lil' kidlin that the prevailng legend was that Lee and Norris were fighting one day (you know all kung-fu masters do is fight or practice fighting all the time) and that Lee was had been poisoned so he wasn't on top of his game (whether or not Norris planned this was never resolved) and that, at the end of the fight, by some freak chance of nature, Norris kicked Lee in a precise point and his head exploded.

ther other legend was that Lee didn't die, but left the film business to purue a career in kung-fu crime-solving ass-kickery. as a kid i always thought Lee was super cool and bad ass, so i believed this story.
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby Gheorghe Zamfir on Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:55 am

An e-mail I received the other day. These are true facts about Chuck Norris:
    Filming on location for Walker: Texas Ranger, Chuck Norris brought a stillborn baby lamb back to life by giving it a prolonged beard rub. Shortly after the farm animal sprang back to life and a crowd had gathered, Chuck Norris roundhouse kicked the animal, breaking its neck, to remind the crew once more that Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

A blind man once stepped on Chuck Norris' shoe. Chuck replied, "Don't you know who I am? I'm Chuck Norris!" The mere mention of his name cured this man blindness. Sadly the first, last, and only thing this man ever saw, was a fatal roundhouse delivered by Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris sold his soul to the devil for his rugged good looks and unparalleled martial arts ability. Shortly after the transaction was finalized, Chuck roundhouse kicked the devil in the face and took his soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn't stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday of the month.

Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.

Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.

Chuck Norris once ate three 72 oz. steaks in one hour. He spent the first 45 minutes having sex with his waitress.

Chuck Norris's girlfriend once asked him how much wood a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood. He then shouted, "HOW DARE YOU RHYME IN THE PRESENCE OF CHUCK NORRIS!" and ripped out her throat. Holding his girlfriend's bloody throat in his hand he bellowed, "Don't fuck with Chuck!" Two years and five months later he realized the irony of this statement and laughed so hard that anyone within a hundred mile radius of the blast went deaf.

The chief export of Chuck Norris is pain.

Chuck Norris is not hung like a horse... horses are hung like Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris can make a woman climax by simply pointing at her and saying "booya".

When Chuck Norris's wife burned the turkey one Thanksgiving, Chuck said, "Don't worry about it honey," and went into his backyard. He came back five minutes later with a live turkey, ate it whole, and when he threw it up a few seconds later it was fully cooked and came with cranberry sauce. When his wife asked him how he had done it, he gave her a roundhouse kick to the face and said, "Never question Chuck Norris."

Those aren't credits that roll after Walker Texas Ranger, it is actually a list of people that Chuck Norris round house kicked in the face that day.
Last edited by Gheorghe Zamfir on Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gheorghe Zamfir
REAL DRAGON

Postby buster00 on Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:05 am

Zamfir, I have been kicked in the face with FUNNY!!
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Agent Alonzo on Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:06 am

To answer the original question.... Flumm
alonzo..... my apologies you ho-bag! - banthafodderUK

...that was the funniest post I've ever read at AICN. Comedy gold. I'm stealing it and shooting it in nothing other than a static two-shot. - Kevin Smith
Agent Alonzo
UMAGAA OMBONGO

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:53 am

I'm sorry. But I'm reading this ROUND my Paren'ts HOUSE! I nearly died not just by the laughter this Chuck Post had created, but by having to keep ,yself silent to prevent waking up my sick Dog.

Obviously I couldn't control the explosion of laughs, and as a consequence of waking up my Dog, he came up to me and did a quadruple RoundHouse kick to my face knocking me out, but as I fell onto the keyboard, I did so in such a way that I typed this post with my impact, including spell checks and Cpt Kirks 2pay Coherency Type Checker (tm) program, before I landed on the floor and fell unconcsious. Then I had a dream that I was Chuck Norris and that I fucked Joan Rivers, Margaret Thatcher and Roy Chubby Brown with a double front high kick with my d*ck.

I'm gonna keep a draft of Zhamfir's post so I might actually be funny one day from studying it. I'm off to a bad start.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Return to Actor Discussion