LIAM NEESON

Discuss all the finest actors, living or dead -- their films, their talents, and their weird, drug-related escapades.

what about the neeson?

genius actor
81%
twat lugs
19%

Total votes : 26

Re: LIAM NEESON

Postby TheButcher on Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:24 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: LIAM NEESONS

Postby TheButcher on Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:22 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:24 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

LIAM NEESONS' TAK3N vs HOLL3WOOD

Postby TheButcher on Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:49 pm

You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!

First TAK3N Poster Doesn’t Make Any Sense
The first TAK3N poster has landed online courtesy of an international one-sheet, and it’s almost impressively nonsensical. Tak2n helmer Olivier Megaton returns to the director’s chair this time around, with the story finding Liam Neeson’s Bryan Mills on the run after he’s framed for murder.

Firstly, the official title is Tak3n which is just dumb.

Secondly, nobody gets “taken” in this likely final sequel, so the title doesn’t even really make any sense.

And thirdly, this new poster sees Neeson standing under what looks to be the famous “Hollywood” sign, except there’s a giant “3” in the middle of the word (which from the front would form a weird-looking “E” I guess?).

Except all of this probably doesn’t matter because all audiences really want out of Tak3n is to see Liam Neeson beat more people up. Admittedly this is an international poster so maybe the official domestic one-sheet will make a bit more sense, but boy is this one pretty dumb.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:46 am

even more confusing.... all that orange, and not one bit of teal.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:54 pm

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:19 pm

I liked it when he said "Good luck" and when it didn't look like a retread of TAK1N or T2KEN.
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY

Re: LIAM NEESONS' TAK3N vs HOLL3WOOD

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:22 pm

actually, on a second viewing, i think i've deciphered this poster.
this isn't a poster for the movie Taken 3 (aka Tak3n). there IS no movie called Tak3n.
this is, in fact, an early character teaser poster for Ep VII, for a new droid character named TAK-3N (tack-three-en).
so why is liam neeson on the poster? SPOILER: TAK-3N is actually qui gon-jinn who has been resurrected as an android... an android with a particular set of skills that apparently involve wearing a leather jacket and holding a pistol.

so you see... the TAK3N poster DOES make sense after all!

can't wait to see some of the other new droid character posters, like Non-2t0p, 2CHINDLER2 L12T, and The-D4RK-KN1GH7-R1S3S-4G4IN
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:32 pm

caruso_stalker217 wrote:I liked it when he said "Good luck" and when it didn't look like a retread of TAK1N or T2KEN.

If I was a young, single dude with not much to do on the weekends, I'd definitely have this on my list of things to do to kill 2 hours.
If I had the spare cash to afford HBO/Showtime, I'd be looking forward to checking this out on cable in next year.
If there was a Redbox at the local convenience store that I pass on my Saturday morning dog walk, I'd be willing to part with a buck to check this out.

Alas I am not young/single/bored on the weekends, my spare cash is spent on beer, and that convenience store is across the street from my normal walking route. Oh well.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Spandau Belly on Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:36 pm

If he's been framed this time, they should call it FRAMEN and invent a new word.

Also, they should've brought in Tommy Lee Jones to reprise his character from THE FUGITIVE/U.S. MARSHALS for that coveted crossover appeal.
Last edited by Spandau Belly on Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Re: LIAM NEESONS' TAK3N vs HOLL3WOOD

Postby Ribbons on Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:52 pm

TheBaxter wrote:

actually, on a second viewing, i think i've deciphered this poster.
this isn't a poster for the movie Taken 3 (aka Tak3n). there IS no movie called Tak3n.
this is, in fact, an early character teaser poster for Ep VII, for a new droid character named TAK-3N (tack-three-en).

No, see, it's a play on words. It's their third time out, so they're saying TAKE THREE...N?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:13 am

Spandau Belly wrote:If he's been framed this time, they should call is FRAMEN and invent a new word.

or they can make it in 3-D, and call it FRAM3D.

NEW POSTER!

IT 3NDS H3R3!!!
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheButcher on Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:43 am

TheBaxter wrote:
Spandau Belly wrote:If he's been framed this time, they should call is FRAMEN and invent a new word.

or they can make it in 3-D, and call it FRAM3D.

NEW POSTER!

IT 3NDS H3R3!!!

WHO FRAM3D LIAM NEESONS?
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:04 pm

‘Run All Night’ Director & Liam Neeson Talk ‘Geriaction’ Films
We talk to ‘Run All Night’ star Liam Neeson and director Jaume Collet-Serra about giving rise to the ‘Geriaction’ movie sub-genre.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:41 pm

Liam Neeson: I'm Quitting Action Movies in Two Years
Liam Neeson is ready to put his particular set of skills to rest.
Ryan Gajewski wrote:The 62-year-old actor, who has experienced a career resurgence with a spate of action-packed roles, gave a surprising response when he was recently asked how much longer he plans on starring in thrillers.

"Maybe two more years — if God spares me, and I'm healthy," Neeson replied, according to The Guardian. "But after that, I’ll stop [the action], I think."

This would represent a major change of pace for Neeson, who has been cranking out the actioners of late. Earlier this year, he reprised his iconic role of Bryan Mills in Taken 3, and he can soon be seen in Run All Night, opening Friday.

Other upcoming projects for the actor, who has also appeared in less run-and-gun titles like Schindler's List and Love Actually, include this summer's comedy sequel Ted 2, director J.A. Bayona's (The Orphanage) drama A Monster Calls and the Martin Scorsese-helmed Silence.
Last edited by TheButcher on Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: LIAM NEESON is Taken Begins

Postby TheButcher on Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:18 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Previous

Return to Actor Discussion