LIAM NEESON

Discuss all the finest actors, living or dead -- their films, their talents, and their weird, drug-related escapades.

what about the neeson?

genius actor
81%
twat lugs
19%

Total votes : 26

LIAM NEESON

Postby dark wesley on Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:40 am

What do you think, is this guy a really great actor or an annoying mentor figure, who is always spouting something about "if you donet destroy your fear, your fear will destroy you" bullshit is most films recently.
i wish my middle name was tiberius.
dark wesley
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby thomasgaffney on Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:45 am

I don't know if I'd call the man genius, but I like him as an actor.
find me: twitter and goodreads
find my book: amazon and apple and barnes & noble
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:47 am

He is quite a good actor. From Krull to Batman Begins...
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby dark wesley on Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:57 am

my problem is, that i like him tons in michael collins, darkman and High Spirits (with the guttenber)
but he annoys fuck out of me in Batman, Kingdom of Heaven, Narnia, TPM, rob roy , except that bit when he hides in a cow, i wish more film chracters hid inside animals. id like to see tom hanks hide in a parrot.
dark wesley
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:58 am

Aw, Liam's a the good guy, eh? He come to a the villa once for a the extended weekend, anna he brought a the little gifts for alla the bambinos... a true gentleman, hehehe...

Anyway, he's just been inna the unfortunate but a lucrative position of a being inna alla these a mentor roles, eh? I donna think it's a his a problem... more like a the lack of a the imagination inna the casting directors, producers, anna directors, no?

Iffa you wanna to see him inna the very good scene, you watch a "The Good Mother," eh? It's a the film by Lenny Nimoy, anna it stars a the Diane Keaton anna she play a the mommy inna the trial over a whether she is a the unfit, eh?

Anna Liam, he plays a the boyfriend... anna there's a the scene where he's a gotta to testify about a the incident where he come out of a the shower anna the little girl, she sees him anna his Rob Roy, eh? Anna she asks him about it anna what it is, anna he's a gotta to testify that he tells her what it is.

It's a the very subtle acting bit onna his a part, eh? You can a tell a he's uncomfortable... he answers a the girl inna the honest way, but a you can tell that he's a the guy caught inna the incident that he dinna wanna to be in inna the first a place, anna then he ends up a having to testify about it, anna he's a trying to be honest anna mature, but he knows it's a not a gonna to look a good for a the mommy, eh?

It's a the very good scene...
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby The Vicar on Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:03 am

Liam can act, when put to the test. I think he's just been using his career to do more banking than acting lately ( acting for cash, not art) . Nothing wrong with that, I suppose. Eating & living indoors can be addictive. Or maybe he lets his wife choose his projects for him. I just wish he'd get back to business & quit being a mentor. Time for some new schtick.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:36 am

Since playing Qui-Gon, he always seems to be Qui-Gon. He needs to play more bad guys and less older, wiser, dish-out-the-knowledge guys.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby zombieslayer on Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:42 am

Dude, the genius part is that, just when you think he's the annoying mentor... HE'S RA'S AL GHUL!!!
Dude trained Darth Vader and Batman... he must be doing something right. heh.
zombieslayer
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby CthulhuKid on Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:55 am

thomasgaffney Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:45 am Post subject:

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

I don't know if I'd call the man genius, but I like him as an actor.

I agree! I like him in almost everything, but I don't go see his movies just because he's in them, if that makes sense.

He didn't play Qui-Gon in Kinsey... I'm just sayin'.

:wink:
CthulhuKid
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby DennisMM on Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:11 am

Famous anecdote. In the '70s, someone asked Olivier why he had done so many silly, puffy movies in the past decade or so. "For the money, dear boy!" he supposedly replied.

In the words of Chief Dan George in Americathon, "I got to eat, too."
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby DrillerKiller on Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:52 am

Usually he'd pick the finest roles (especially Michael Collins - best Neeson ever), but lately he seems to be picking just about any big role, buttering it, and putting a little grated cheese on top.

No Liam. That's a bad Liam.
Wellycome....in jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam
DrillerKiller
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby brainiac on Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:02 pm

Some times I like him and some times not so much. I don't go to a movie to see him (Kinsey) or avoid a movie if he is in it (Batman Begins). But I wasn't impressed by his Aslan voice. IMHO, Aslan should have had a bigger, more resonant voice and not sounded like such a pussy-cat. So, he's OK..one of those actors (Ralph Fiennes, Kevin Costner, Kenneth Branaugh) who has gone from blockbuster leading man to working actor. Not a bad thing just another career step.
Who watches the Watchmen?
brainiac
REAL DRAGON

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:09 pm

brainiac wrote:Some times I like him and some times not so much.

It's a like a reading a review from a that goddamn putz onna ABC's a Good Morning America, eh? "Some parts of a the movie I like a the lot, eh? Anna some parts, I dinna like at all!"
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby Shane on Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:11 pm

He's one of those James Earl Jones / Sean Connery types.

They do some stuff cool, but get alot more attention and credit than deserved.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:39 am

He's playing Abraham Lincoln in Steven Spielberg's biopic about him apparently.

What to make of this role? I know he'll be Man of Wisdom and Mentor figure to the whole of the US, but will it allow us to see other versatility from the actor? He's gotta do an Amercian accent for starters. Oooh Woow, an accent!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby colonel_lugz on Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:44 am

Fried Gold wrote:Since playing Qui-Gon, he always seems to be Qui-Gon. He needs to play more bad guys and less older, wiser, dish-out-the-knowledge guys.

A great as that statement is, I have to say that I think he is becoming pigeon-holed as a mentor type character, but i guess it pays his bills and he is never terrible to watch as an actor. But where he excells is taking on other roles such as Kinsey, he was amazing in that. Im also looking forward to his Abe Lincoln impersonation
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:06 am

What about Kinsey? Not so mentorish there.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby buster00 on Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:30 am

Let me tell you about Liam Fucking Neeson.

While filming Darkman, Liam Neeson sat in a chair for at least three hours every day while a team of make-up artists BURNED AND PEELED HIS FACE FROM HIS SKULL to achieve the title character's disfigured look. A TRUE professional, Neeson (who hung nailed to a wooden cross for three hours in preparation for his voice-over role as Aslan in The Chronicles of Narnia) insisted that prosthetics NOT be used in Darkman, but rather that HIS SKIN BE REMOVED EXACTLY THE SAME WAY BEFORE EACH FILM SHOOT.

If the skin removal technicians made the slightest error, there was a strong chance Neeson could lose not only more skin, but muscle tissue as well. The risk of infection, the constant pain, the difficulty of pronouncing the letter "p" WITHOUT ANY LIPS -- Neeson worked through ALL OF THIS and turned in a stellar performance in a highly regarded superhero genre film.

He politely declined the opportunity to do it again in two sequels. Instead, up-and-comer Arnold Vosloo had HIS face sliced off for the Peyton Westlake / Darkman role, even finding some time to appear as The Mummy in two movies while the scarring healed.

Clearly Liam Neeson takes a fastidious pride in his craft. But I couldn't resist pushing a button marked "twat lugs." That's just FUNNY!
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:47 am

Yeah, well that's uter bollox if you think htat this makes Liam Neeson an actor of any regard who deserves better than some silly little Rod Jane and Freddy slot on Ranibow or something.

Get THIS!!! Robert De Niro actually burnt himself every day for 5 years for his preparation for a fireman in the unquazoodled masterpiece that was Backdraft - AND when doing his advert for Kleenex toilet tissue, actually not only studied and smelt his own shit every time he took a dump for 5 years as research, but actually hung out at night with dog turds down his local alleyway so he could get a further insight into why they 'stunk' in the eyes of onlookers, therefore gaining a better sympathetic understanding of these turds.

When everyone said that his performance in the Kleenex advert was 'utter shit' he was so delighted that he donated a pair of his soiled underpants to the Kleenex factory where he worked for 5 years, where they know use it as their flag to honour him.

The acting legend Robert de Niro. What a stupid Cun-t!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Pacino86845 on Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:47 am

Kirk, that's disgusting. Shame on you!
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby dark wesley on Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:49 am

i heard whoopi goldberg sowed up her special lady place with barb wire in order to be in role for sister act - now that my friend is method.
dark wesley
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby buster00 on Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:55 am

dark wesley wrote:i heard whoopi goldberg sowed up her special lady place with barb wire in order to be in role for sister act - now that my friend is method.

Now, I thought that was more of an anti-Ted Danson thing, at the time.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Shane on Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:06 pm

dark wesley wrote:i heard whoopi goldberg sowed up her special lady place with barb wire in order to be in role for sister act - now that my friend is method.

that is the worst thing I have ever read.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:43 pm

Do you think you could broaden the choices of your poll?

Not much for leeway here, eh?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:37 pm

Only a the Sith, they deal inna the absolutes, eh?
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:28 pm

I shall do as I must - AND STOP STEALING MY LINES DINO!!!! You are the ultimate Sith Moderator. SHAAAAAME on you!!!

(Anyway, ignites sabre.)
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby jordan on Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:03 am

Schindler's List and Batman Begins stick out the most for me...
"It's not who I am inside...but what I do that defines me..."
jordan
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:57 am

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:Only a the Sith, they deal inna the absolutes, eh?

You wanted to turn Padme against me, eh?

Ah, nevermind, I got nothing.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby wonkabar on Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:24 am

He's our best and bravest
driven from us
BY A WOMAN'S DESIRE!!
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Re: LIAM NEESON

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:04 pm

It seems that with The A-Team movie, he might finally start to break out of his mould.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Seppuku on Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:26 pm

Am I the only one continually confusing Liam Neeson with Ralph Fiennes? Their careers have followed pretty similar trajectories, but it's mostly because they also look (and act) kinda similar.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:46 pm

I like Liam much more than Fiennes.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby magicmonkey on Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:00 pm

I've seriously loved his movies in the past, literally everything I've seen him in, and then I saw Taken... and the decline continues. It can't help that he lost his wife last year, so I guess he's feeding and schooling the kids with a run of pap. Anyone remember him in KRull??!
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:29 pm

You didn't like TAKEN? WTF?! That was a Liam Tour De Force. He showed he still had it.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby magicmonkey on Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:39 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:You didn't like TAKEN? WTF?! That was a Liam Tour De Force. He showed he still had it.

To be fair I stopped watching after about 20 mins in to go to work. But what I saw was not good, as a movie, and for me it looked like a paycheck kinda thing. Parent paranoia flicks just ain't my bag.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:40 am

There comes a point in that where it's not a parent paranoia film, and a "everyone should be very afraid because I will fucking kill you" film.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby magicmonkey on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:48 am

Nachokoolaid wrote:There comes a point in that where it's not a parent paranoia film, and a "everyone should be very afraid because I will fucking kill you" film.

IPAMP. Awesome. I'm so gonna have to actually watch it now.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby papalazeru on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:45 pm

I really liked him in Next of Kin.

Plus, Taken was a kick ass film.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby so sorry on Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:29 pm

caruso_stalker217 wrote:

Too funny to be buried in the Politics Thread....
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re:

Postby TheButcher on Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:34 pm

dark wesley wrote:my problem is, that i like him tons in michael collins, darkman and High Spirits (with the guttenber)
but he annoys fuck out of me in Batman, Kingdom of Heaven, Narnia, TPM, rob roy , except that bit when he hides in a cow, i wish more film chracters hid inside animals. id like to see tom hanks hide in a parrot.

Ace Ventura When Nature Calls (Rhino Scene)
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Kevin Costner vs. Liam Neeson

Postby TheButcher on Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:09 am

'3 Days to Kill' Director McG Weighs in on Kevin Costner vs. Liam Neeson…
Andrea Seikaly wrote:For McG, working with Costner was a chance to direct and actor whose career he had been following for years.

“I remember seeing ‘No Way Out’ like it was yesterday and being such a Kevin Costner enthusiast my whole life,” McG said. “The guy’s just an incredible screen presence who can carry a movie beginning, middle and end, and that doesn’t grow on trees. So the opportunity to work with him is a little bit surreal.

The director also said he would bet on Costner in a spy versus spy throwdown between him and Liam Neeson’s character in “Taken.”

“They both have different skill sets…I think (Costner’s) got some true grit that ultimately would prevail in the end. You see that spirit in the Olympics and I’m going to roll with Costner on that one, as much as I love Liam.”

Costner was a bit more diplomatic in his response.

“It just depends how the script’s written,” he said. “We’re friends, so I don’t even like to be hypothetical about that.”
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:42 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:46 am

Liam Neeson Is The Last Action Hero
Scott Mendelson wrote:This Friday sees the release of Liam Neeson’s newest action-thriller Non-Stop. In the Universal Pictures (a division of Comcast CMCSA +0.79%) release, 61-year old and 6’4″ actor stars as an air marshal who must stop a killer aboard a crowded commercial airline. I’ve avoided most of the marketing, but I can presume when I see it tonight that it will involve Neeson barking at people and kicking a certain amount of righteous butt. The $50 million production is predicted to open with around $25 million for the weekend. What’s notable is that the vast majority of its audiences will be showing up for the express purpose of watching Neeson beat people up and/or shoot at them. Non-Stop isn’t just an action film, it’s a Liam Neeson action film. In an era when the stand-alone action hero movie star is all-but-extinct, Neeson is perhaps the last man standing.

Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone both bombed hard last year in the surprisingly good The Last Stand (Lionsgate, a division of Lions Gate Entertainment Corp.) and the mediocre Bullet to the Head (Warner Bros., a division of Time Warner) respectively, while their so-so team-up film Escape Plan (Lionsgate) avoided embarrassment thanks to a strong overseas performance ($25 million here, $137 million worldwide on a $55 million budget). Jason Statham made one of his worst films (Parker for Film District) and one of his best films (the Stallone-penned Homefront for Open Road Films) and neither of them topped $21 million domestic. Bruce Willis at least had a decent opening for A Good Day To Die Hard ($25 million), but it was both the franchise’s lowest-grosser in the states ($65 million) and one of the worst movies ever made. But Liam Neeson closed out 2012 with a $49 million debut and $375 million worldwide gross for Taken 2.

What started as perhaps a novelty in 2009, with “very serious actor” Liam Neeson headlining an exploitation picture, has become something of a career comeback. Taken was released over Super Bowl weekend in 2009 with minimal expectations. But thanks to a terrific teaser that gave away almost nothing save for the core premise (it was based around the film’s most iconic sequence) a primal concept (former US spy-turned overprotective dad rescues his teenage daughter from sex trafficking foreigners), and the curiosity factor of seeing Oskar Schindler as a one-man killing machine, the picture opened with $24 million. It kept on kicking for weeks, pulling the kind of weekend-to-weekend drops usually associated with James Cameron films. It earned $145 million domestically, a stunning 6x weekend-to-final multiplier, for a $226 million worldwide cume on a $25 million budget.

After supporting roles in action pictures both successful (Clash Of The Titans with $493 million worldwide) and not successful enough to justify their $100 million+ budgets (The A-Team TISI +1.04% with $177 million worldwide off a $25 million debut), Neeson returned as an action lead in the genuinely Hitchockian (think B-grade Hitchcock) action thriller Unknown. The film had a harder to explain and far less primal premise (amnesia, assassins, the much younger January Jones playing his would-be love interest), but it still opened with $21 million and made its way to $130 million on a $30 million budget. He started out 2012 with another would-be action vehicle, Joe Carnahan’s unexpectedly good The Grey. The film is an existential look at men coming to terms with their impending deaths, but it was successfully sold by Open Road Films as “Come see Liam Neeson punch wolves!” Cue a $19 million debut weekend and a $77 million worldwide gross for the $25 million drama.

2012 continued with supporting roles in two too-expensive would-be blockbusters, Wrath of the Titans ($305 million on a $150 million budget) and Battleship ($303 million on a $209 million budget). Both Wrath of the Titans and Battleship still pulled $25 million+ debuts although we can debate how much credit Neeson deserves for either. He finished off 2012 with Taken 2, which is of course the sequel to the film that turned him into an icon in the first place. Despite terrible reviews, a rehashed premise, and yet another case of a Luc Besson production being cut to ribbons for a PG-13, it debuted with $49.5 million in mid-October. To put that somewhat stunning number in perspective, it’s one of the largest non-fantasy action debuts of all time, even when adjusted for inflation.

In terms of fantasy-laden “one man army” action pictures not based on a comic book superhero, the Indiana Jones sequels had larger opening weekends when adjusted for inflation, as did The Matrix Reloaded and the middle Terminator sequels. In terms of non-fantasy action-man adventures, Harrison Ford’s Air Force One ($67 million in 2014 dollars), Mel Gibson’s Ransom ($64 million when adjusted for inflation), and the last two Lethal Weapon films sold more tickets on opening weekend. If you’re counting spy franchises, then toss in the three Daniel Craig 007s, the last two Pierce Brosnan Bond films, the middle two Bourne sequels, and Mission: Impossible 1, 2, and 3. Taken 2 still had a bigger debut than any Die Hard, any Rambo, or anything involving Jean Claude Van Damme, Steven Seagal, Chuck Norris, or any other conventional action star you can think of.

That $49.5 million debut for Taken 2 was most impressive because of how little it had to sell. Its success wasn’t based on a known property outside of its status as a sequel to a popular and leggy action original from 2009. It didn’t have any “added value elements” for the second go-around. It didn’t tweak the formula all that much, and it was arguably less violent and less visceral than its predecessor, since the makers were intentionally aiming for a PG-13 this time (the first Taken went out as an equivalent of an R overseas but was cut to a PG-13 in America by 20th Century Fox ). Taken 2 was clearly an example of the classic “break out sequel” that I discuss from time-to-time (think The Bourne Supremacy). But it also had nothing going for it aside from the appeal of seeing Liam Neeson dish out righteous and paternalistic violence. It’s little wonder he’s earning $20 million for Taken 3.

Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone are clearly on their last legs (to be fair, Schwarzenegger’s Sabotage looks decent and could surprise), as is Bruce Willis. Harrison Ford has, give or take one more round as Indiana Jones, finally embraced the role of aging character actor while Kevin Costner failed at his action hero comeback this very weekend. Mel Gibson’s leading man days are over. Jason Statham never got that A-level “Under Siege” that might have catapulted him to the major leagues, so he is destined to churn out B-movie action vehicles of varying quality (I recommend Safe and The Bank Job) which are lucky to open with $8 million. Angelina Jolie has moved past her Tomb Raider/Wanted/Salt days and is focused on directing films like In The Land Of Blood and Honey and Unbroken. Dwayne Johnson has, like Bruce Willis, mostly settled into the comfort zone of ensemble action franchises. Channing Tatum scores best as a lover, not a fighter, while Gerald Butler may be an action star if he ever makes more than one every several years.

The Scott Adkins of the world struggle to break out of the direct-to-DVD basement, while former or would-be action stars find comfort in ensemble franchises like G.I. Joe, Expendables, and Fast/Furious. The only actors who still qualify as action stars, to the extent that major studios still make conventional action pictures, are arguably Tom Cruise, Mark Wahlberg, and Denzel Washington, although I would argue that Wahlberg and Cruise are old-school movie stars who occasionally do action vehicles. The catch is that, arguably, much of their draw pertains to the idea that their star vehicles will attain a certain level of quality, especially for Cruise and Washington (Wahlberg is more of a mixed bag). No one expected Taken 2 to be any good, and it frankly wasn’t. Few expected much from Unknown and The Grey succeeded almost in spite of its meditative quality (and despite its somewhat misleading marketing). Liam Neeson has gone from a respected dramatic actor to, diversions into films like Chloe aside, something of an action hero punch line while maintaining his Punky Power as a respected actor.

Neeson stands as the least likely and last vestige of a time seemingly passed. He’s pulling in A-level opening weekends for unapologetically B-level action pictures. If audiences show up to Non-Stop this weekend, and I believe they will, it won’t be because of the supporting cast (Julianne Moore, Corey Stoll, and Lupita Nyong’o all playing “not the killer” and/or ” totally the killer”) or because director Jaume Collet-Serra has a big following from his quirky and amusing B-movies like Orphan and the House of Wax remake. It won’t be because Non-Stop is based on a known property or because the trailers do more than a serviceable job of selling the plot. If Non-Stop is a hit, it will be because audiences want to see Liam Neeson in action-hero mode, plain and simple.

That kind of “by myself” pull is what makes a genuine movie star. And that’s what makes Liam Neeson our latest and perhaps least likely action hero. And in this current cinematic climate, he is perhaps our last action hero.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:46 am

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: LIAM NEESONS

Postby TheButcher on Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:28 am

Last edited by TheButcher on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: LIAM NEESONS

Postby TheButcher on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:00 am

Liam Neeson's 'Run All Night' Sets Release Date
The Warner Bros. film centering on an aging hitman is slated for Feb. 6, 2015.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:29 pm

Liam Neeson turned down chance to play James Bond because his wife forbid it.

I'm a big James Bond fan and this is the first I've heard of this. They wanted Brosnan back in the 80s when Moore was overstaying his welcome, but his REMINGTON STEELE contract kept him from taking the role at the time so it went to Timothy Dalton. I figured once Brosnan became free he would still be their first choice, but according this news, I guess they considered other options.

Even though I like Neeson as an actor, I have trouble imagining him in the role.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:23 am

He was waiting for a phone call from Sam Raimi about DARKMAN 2 that never came.
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:13 am

Maybe his wife also forbid DTV sequels?
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:32 am

caruso_stalker217 wrote:He was waiting for a phone call from Sam Raimi about DARKMAN 2 that never came.

strange how that role was TAKEN from him...
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Next

Return to Actor Discussion