The Italian Stallion Wants YOU!

Discuss all the finest actors, living or dead -- their films, their talents, and their weird, drug-related escapades.

Postby Seppuku on Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:20 am

Well Done, Mr. Austin.

Sly's answer officially leads me to believe he's typing his answers out, rather than having them transcribed by Celeste after reading the questions. No one on Earth speaks like that.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Pacino86845 on Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:24 am

Stallone does. So who wants to start the Sly Stallone Facts page?
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Fievel on Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:30 am

What's fun for me is to read his answers while imagining the thickest possible Rocky-mumble accent. Good times!

Congrats Chilli!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Chilli on Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:55 am

What cracks me is up some TB-er criticised the questions, I posted on the TB and said I was giddy he responded to my pretensious question... then a TB-er says Q4 was the only good one.

I feel justified. :D
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Re: The Italian Stallion Wants YOU!

Postby so sorry on Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:49 pm

I caught about 45 minutes of Copland this past week on IFC. I had forgotten about this little gem and the great performance put in by Sly. He had the shy, big hulking dope thing down pat.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:37 pm

Rambo’ TV Show in Development, Sylvester Stallone in Talks to Reprise Role

Variety wrote:Entertainment One has completed a co-development deal with Avi Lerner and Nu Image to develop and produce a TV series based on action film “Rambo.”
Sylvester Stallone, who starred in the “Rambo” film franchise in the ’80s, is in negotiations to be involved with the “Rambo” TV skein on a creative level as well as potentially reprising his role as the original John Rambo. Stallone has remarked to the press repeatedly in recent years that he is interested in reviving the franchise and character.

“Rambo” films, based on David Morrell’s novel “First Blood,” center on a troubled Vietnam War vet and former Green Beret who is skilled in aspects of survival, weaponry, hand-to-hand combat and guerrilla warfare. Franchise launched four films over two and a half decades.

Under the eOne and Nu Image deal, the partners will develop the series and shop to networks Stateside and abroad.
“I’m happy to be partnering with a prolific company like Entertainment One who has a track record of creating high quality programming for their broadcast partners around the world,” commented Lerner, an action movie vet who has produced “Rambo” pics. “And I’m excited by the prospect of collaborating again with my good friend Sly for an encore in this next phase of the Rambo legacy.”

I must admit, I'm surprised at this. Stallone had been talking about a fifth and final film and that made sense to me. I figured when his current comeback as a bigscreen star ended, he would mostly retire, I never really thought he'd go the WALKER: TEXAS RANGER route. It's not that the idea of a show about a drifter with action hero skills sounds like a bad one, there have been many such shows, it's more surprising to me that they would skip the fifth film and that they would get Stallone to reprise the role. If anything, I would think they would do the fifth film, and then get some new actor to play John Rambo on a tv show or reboot movie.

We'll see how this plays out.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:21 pm

i think they should do this show as a sitcom. a normal, middle class suburban family wakes up one day to find john rambo moving in next door. at first they are wary of each other, but once they get to know each other, they learn to accept and appreciate each other's unique and unusual qualities. rambo becomes friends with the family's precocious 8-year old son, helping him with his history homework (especially the chapter on the vietnam war) and in return the kid helps rambo soften up his rougher edges and learn to speak in complete sentences. the family's teenage daughter wants nothing to do with rambo, until the night she sneaks her boyfriend into her bedroom while her parents are away and he tries to date-rape her, only to end up with a bowie knife lodged in his skull, courtesy of friendly next-door neighbor rambo. after that night, she knows that rambo will always be there watching out for her. the father is often heard to comment "oh that rambo" whenever rambo gets up to one of his crazy schemes, such as wiring the entire golf course with C4 explosive after being denied a decent tee time, shooting exploding arrows at the neighbor who lets his dog poop on rambo's lawn without cleaining it up, or threatening to disembowel their daughter's high school principal after finding out she was a peace activist during the 60s. and who can forget the very special episode, when the family's son becomes a victim of cyberbullying, and rambo teaches the boy to stand up for himself by helping him lob hand grenades into the bully's home.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Spandau Belly on Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:49 pm

And every time it starts to get stale, they can just have the supporting characters do something to trigger a flashback which causes Rambo to snap and kill them all. Once Rambo's done being Steve Urkell, he can snap and kill the family next door, then he can become roomies with a quarky hipster bachelorette in New York, then he snaps and kills her, by then the technology they use in Eddie Murphy/Mike Meyers movies will be affordable enough for a sitcom and they can do CHEERS but with all of Stallone's characters meeting in a bar after their working day, then Rambo kills all of them and by then Stallone will be in his 80s and it will be time for an EMPTY NEST reboot with Stallone as an old man and his relationship with his two adult half-Vietnamese daughters that he fathered during the war.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:06 pm

and after he dies, they can dig up his rotting corpse and make him the star of a brand-new zombie series "Zombo".
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Spandau Belly on Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:14 am

Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby so sorry on Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:00 am

Spandau Belly wrote:Hollywood Reporter reports that Stallone will not play John Rambo in Rambo tv show. If tv show happens, it will star a new actor.

The world makes sense again.

Don't be so hasty. I'd be willing to be that Stallone will want to work himself into this show somehow, which will create a weird scenario of the "real" rambo, but not playing rambo, in a scene with the new rambo.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Spandau Belly on Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:39 am

Stallone making the occassional cameo as Trautman? I won't say it's impossible, or even unlikely.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:39 pm

casting stallone as anyone other than rambo in this would be ALF. it's worse than forcing nimoy into the star trek film opposite zachary quinto. at least he was still playing spock, albeit an alt universe version. it certainly does the new actor no favors when you put him across from the guy who originated and made an icon of the character you're trying to recreate.

so to make it more confusing, now you put stallone in, but he's not rambo anymore? instead he's playing a DIFFERENT character from the original films, who was himself played by an iconic actor. how confusing is that? the minute stallone shows up, the audience is like "hey, there's rambo! except he's not rambo anymore, this other guy is rambo. wha' happened?" just not a good idea. either stallone plays rambo, or the show is about his son and he does an occasional daddy rambo cameo, or he should just stay out of it altogether (probably the 3rd choice would be the best).
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Spandau Belly on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:54 pm

I'd probably say the idea of a Rambo Jr. who is like his old man is a pretty bad idea, too. Most of Rambo's character is that he's a loner and drifter, so giving him a strong father figure makes him not so lonesome. Also, two anti-social loners don't make for much of a screen pair.

All I really want is that fifth and final Stallone film. They can do whatever they want with whatever tv show they cook up, because I'm not going to watch it anyway. I'd probably say the best idea is to just cast a new actor as John Rambo and make a series about an action hero drifter with no cameo from Stallone. But I still think a Stallone cameo is a strong possibility, especially if his film career isn't doing so well when this show gets going.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:50 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:I'd probably say the idea of a Rambo Jr. who is like his old man is a pretty bad idea, too.

i'd say pretty much all of the ideas for a Rambo tv show are bad ideas.

except for my sitcom idea, of course.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Al Shut on Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:12 pm

I liked your Zombo idea. In some perverted way it makes the most sense, for Rambo the war never ended, not even with his own death.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:11 am

14 Things We Learned From The 'Evening With Sylvester Stallone' Q&A
From Rocky to Rambo, Cop Land to Clubber Lang

ROCKY III
“Mr. T wasn’t Mr. T! Mr. T was Mr. Bodyguard, at a fight in 1977, walking out of a room with a big suit and a Mohawk, feathers and gold chains around his neck. I thought, ‘I am writing a movie about this dude.’"

"I asked him, ‘Can I see you throw a punch?’ He threw one, and I made a note: ‘Not coordinated.' I told him, 'I’m going to call you… Clubber Lang!’ True story. Did I write everything Mr. T said? ‘I pity the fool’? I wrote that. I wrote everything! Rocky is one series where I have to say I wrote every period, every comma, every word.”
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:20 pm

That's a really good chat with Stallone. Thanks, Butcher.

The way the guy keeps busy with work and takes roids at his age, I'm pretty sure he's going to die while making a movie. I hope he writes his memoirs at some point before that (although if he wrote his memoirs as Zombo, that would probably be a good promotional gimmick). The guy's just got endless stories and maintains a pretty good perspective on his career and the business.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:56 pm

Comedy Gold!

the rocky stuff is interesting (he really did have a handle on what rocky III was going to be... well, minus all the Pope and roman colisseum stuff). but my favorite bit...

I want to turn my attention to movies about love relationships. Exploring the female psyche - there ought to be some interesting discoveries there.

not sure if he's referring here to Rhinestone, or Stop! or My Mom Will Shoot.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheButcher on Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:51 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:30 am

TheButcher wrote:Stallone Blames Schwarzenegger for His Most Regrettable Roles
Stallone reveals the cost of a rivalry

the idea of a version of Rhinestone starring Arnold Schwarzenegger is going to haunt me in my dreams.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Spandau Belly on Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:33 pm

Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheButcher on Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:48 pm

SPOILERS

Roger Ebert wrote:So in "Rocky III" do Rocky and Apollo have another rematch?

"No. I've got more up my sleeve than that, I'll tell you what's gonna happen. Apollo retires. Mickey, Rocky's manager, has a stroke. Rocky wants to retire, but there's this street-tough challenger and Rocky decides on one more fight, even though he's half blind, and this'll be his last fight one way or the other. He goes to Apollo Creed and asks him to be his trainer. And Apollo teaches him to fight the way he does."

Stallone smiled. "It's interesting, their relationship, because Apollo Creed is a Rhodes Scholar compared to Rocky Balboa. Apollo teaches him things like how to handle his money. Rocky teaches Apollo stuff about being street-smart. Can you imagine, for example, Rocky Balboa in Europe? But that's where I'm gonna take him."

For his final fight?

"His last bout will be in the Roman Coliseum, carried worldwide by satellite," Stallone said, and his voice picked up enthusiasm. "Can you see it? Rocky in the Coliseum? The last gladiator? And, for training, running up the Spanish Steps? And, Rocky's deeply religious; can you imagine him inside St. Peter's? I'm seriously gonna try to work in an audience with the Pope into the film. I dunno. Maybe with this Pope, he'll go for it. If he don't, we get another Pope."

And then that'll be it for the Rocky pictures.

"Yeah. I want to turn my attention to movies about love relationships. Exploring the female psyche - there ought to be some interesting discoveries there. Love stories. If you do it right, people want to hear romantic dialog. Like Rocky says, 'If you wouldn't be here, I couldn't be here.' It looks dangerously corny on the printed page. But if it works in a movie, people love it. People stories. I'm not at all interested in, you know, these 'Nine Men Against the World' movies. But there'll never be a 'Rocky IV.' You gotta call a halt."

‘The Expendables’ Event Series In Works At Fox With Sylvester Stallone Producing
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:14 pm

Last edited by TheButcher on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: The Italian Stallion vs Warner Bros.!

Postby TheButcher on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:15 pm

Warner Bros. Can't Dodge Sylvester Stallone's Fraud Lawsuit
A judge will permit the actor to use his claims over 'Demolition Man' to explore how the studio's accounting might amount to unfair business practices impacting consumers, other talent and other studios.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Previous

Return to Actor Discussion