The Italian Stallion Wants YOU!

Discuss all the finest actors, living or dead -- their films, their talents, and their weird, drug-related escapades.

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:54 pm

Link that shit.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:01 am

sly's response to the death race 2000 question in tonight's q&a:

Sly wrote:The hard part was concentrating while people were walking around nude. I hadn’t seen that since THE PARTY AT KITTY AND STUDS (which I’ll address for the more moribund readers that want to splice and dice the skeletons in my genitorial closet). I was broke and basically sleeping in the Port Authority bus station for three weeks straight. I owned two shirts, three pairs of underwear, a pair of pants and a jacket - all of which I had on at the same time since I had no place to put them. I read in a trade paper about this film that was paying $100 a day - for a $100 a day I would wreak havoc.

so... stallone = havoc?

it all makes so much sense now.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Chilli on Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:21 am

I thought Havoc took Havoc, not wreaked it?
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby colonel_lugz on Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:46 am

When Havoc actually sees this there will be no stopping him!
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:52 am

He already has. Check out his signature.

BTW I can stop him. Actually no, I can't. I can just RESTRAIN and rechain him up back in my cage.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby colonel_lugz on Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:25 am

the man himself, with some bald chap (?) from the premiere last night
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonkeyM666 on Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:29 am

Cool... that looks like a man who's on top of the world.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:43 am

I just submitted 3 questions. Come on guys, the rounds are nearly over. Anyone got any Qs, better email them to HK@AintItCool.Com right now.
Last edited by Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Chilli on Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:08 am

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:He already has. Check out his signature.

BTW I can stop him. Actually no, I can't. I can just RESTRAIN and rechain him up back in my cage.

This doesn't surprise me at all.
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:57 pm

By the way, I - got 2 questions answered by Sly. One in Round 15 as me. The other is Q2 in Round 16.

So keep the questions cumming, they still may be answered. There is hope in me. I am proof that prayers cum true.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:50 am

Bumping this for Doc, as punishment for running out on me and leaving me here with blimmin' Havoc to talk to.

You...... didn't have 2 questions answered by Sly in the Q and A session did you, Doc?

Hmmm.

Twooowooo Nill! Twoowoo Nill! Two Nill!!! (Football crowd hooligan singer, voice)

Enjoying your new home and life over at the AICN TBs now are we Doc? Even there I'm ruining your life with my presence!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:32 am

How many more rounds do you think this Q and As will continue to go on for? Anyone else got any questions to ask Sly? Don't forget to keep an eye out for mine! Me and Sly, we're like THIS!!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Attn: Syl Stallone RE: Notes for the Deathwish remake

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer on Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:32 am

I doubt Stallone checks the zone but hey, why not have a place to gather our thoughts on his take for the remake. I know the first one will be "don't do it" but assuming he doesn't take that advice, what does everyone think about his holstered premise?
Pops Freshenmeyer
REAL DRAGON

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:58 am

i'm on-board if, and only if, Jeff Goldblum makes a cameo/reprise of his infamously awesome ""GOD DAMN RICH gentleman" and "gentlemen! I KILL RICH gentlemen" lines.

except the "gentleman" has to be replaced with gentleman.

oh, and if Sly kills some darkies, preferably ones who listen to that dang socially irredeemable "gangsta "music"". Notice the "music" in double quotes!
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:13 am

Dino is probably the closest thing we get to a celebrity on the zone
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby tapehead on Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:40 am

Harry is probably the closest thing we get to a celebrity on the zone
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:13 am

I want soundtrack by Jimmy Page, and not only a Goldblum cameo, but a Fishbourne one too! I'd also like innovative use of synthesisers to create an array of disturbing sound effects
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:18 am

tapehead wrote:Grande Rojo is probably the closest thing we get to a celebrity on the zone

Actually, it's this guy
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby tapehead on Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:21 am

or jesus christ - I forgot about jesus christ. He's pretty big, especially what with his birthday coming up.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby wonkabar on Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:22 am

I was gonna put him.....but he's dead, I'm going with living celebrities here.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:27 am

wonkabar wrote:I was gonna put him.....but he's dead, I'm going with living celebrities here.

but he is the resurrection and he is the life!

now, if Jesus was the star of Deathwish, or if Sly could somehow manage to channel Jesus...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:48 am

wonkabar wrote:Dino is probably the closest thing we get to a celebrity on the zone

Is he involved again on the remake?
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Chilli on Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:57 am

I bet you Michael Bay reads this board.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby The Vicar on Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:21 am

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:i'm on-board if, and only if, Jeff Goldblum makes a cameo/reprise of his infamously awesome ""GOD DAMN RICH gentleman" and "gentlemen! I KILL RICH gentlemen" lines.

except the "gentleman" has to be replaced with gentleman.

oh, and if Sly kills some darkies, preferably ones who listen to that dang socially irredeemable "gangsta "music"". Notice the "music" in double quotes!

Hah.
Classic post.

Seen the first Death Wish too many times, eh?

Love to see Goldblums reaction if you brought that performance up in an interview.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby tapehead on Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:25 am

wonkabar wrote:I was gonna put him.....but he's dead, I'm going with living celebrities here.

wonkabar in 'Merry Christmas' thread wrote:Happy birthday Jesus! You know you don't look a day over 1982.

I bring the lame too.

shennanigan inconsistancies.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby WinslowLeach on Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:59 am

I love Sly, I love the original Death Wish series, the first 3 anyways, I LOVE EM!

BUT

I dont really think this is a good idea. I mean out of everything he could do, doing a remake of Death Wish shouldnt be on his list. We have The Punisher which is enough. We dont need another vigilante film. I say Sly should do some original films since Rocky Balboa is doing so well. Use the power he'll have from its success.

And Yes, Jeff Goldblum rules as the Jughead hat wearing punk in DW 1. Everytime he screams "WHERES THE MONEY MOTHER?!!" I LMFAO.
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:54 pm

Remember when Stallone was doing his Q&A thing last year on the main site, and he asked for honest opinions on what people thought of him doing a Death Wish remake? Everyone slammed the idea telling him he should do original material and that he was above a remake, especially when the field was flooded with remakes these days.

Looks like the almighty dollar won out in the end.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Leckomaniac on Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:56 pm

Reposted from redundant thread.

Leckomaniac wrote:That is weird because he seemed to agree with the TBers thoughts. I believe he made a statement like "I agree, and thats the end of that" or something to that end. This news surprised me.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Seppuku on Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:03 am

The Italian Stallion Wants You To Ride Him Again!

Let's see if Kirk and I won't be the only Zoners to actually get our questions answered this time.
Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Pacino86845 on Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:10 am

I didn't send Stallone any questions last time, namely 'cause I knew virtually nothing about the fella, but I read almost all the Q & As. They were likely the best thing to come out of AICN, so it's really great that Sly's gonna do 'em again.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Ribbons on Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:12 am

Hopefully I can get him to sign my boob!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Chilli on Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:16 am

I think a Rocky Balboa question might arise. The last Rocky film is amazing, but I have somethings I'd like more detail on.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Chilli on Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:24 am

Done. Three questions instead of one.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Seppuku on Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:59 am

I tried and tried to think of one, but I already exploited the [then] recent death of one of his co-stars (Peter Boyle) to get a question answered. Unless Kurt Russell or someone dies in the next ten minutes, I can't really do that again.

I might ask him something about A Man Called Rainbo, which was a comically redubbed and re-edited version of a SERIOUSLY early Stallone movie. It'd be more likely to get answered because it recently played BNAT.
Last edited by Seppuku on Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Chilli on Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:02 am

Go for it dude.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Seppuku on Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:06 am

Sealed, Signed & Delivered.

I hope none of you heartless putzes stole my question and sent it to Harry just before me...
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Chilli on Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:07 am

Same here. Three good questions (one about social relevance of 80s action films compared to today) I hope no-one takes.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:35 am

buster00 wrote:Iraqi Balboa

Funniest pun I've ever read on the zone.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Chilli on Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:42 am

papalazeru wrote:
buster00 wrote:Iraqi Balboa

Funniest pun I've ever read on the zone.

IPAMPILASH

How did I miss that?
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:10 pm

I sent in my 3 questions. The first two were tongue-in-cheek but the last one was more in depth.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby monorail77 on Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:53 pm

Sent mine yesterday. How come no one is fessing up to the questios they submitted?

Here's mine:

monorail77 wrote:My three questions for Sly:

1. Will you please do commentaries and/or interviews for Special Edition DVD releases of Rocky II to V, like you did for Rocky and Rocky Balboa?

2. How involved were you in designing the marketing strategy or materials for RAMBO?

3. I'd love a weekly dose of Sly and I'd love to see more of your excellent comedy chops. Any chance of a sitcom?

-monorail77, Edmonton, Alberta

Thanks, Harry. I adore AICN and The Zone.
"All we have is language; that's the one tool that enables us to grasp hold of our lives and transcend our fate by understanding it."
-Harlan Ellison

monorail77
AIRWOLF

Postby Chilli on Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:21 pm

Righteo - here's mine!

Name: Chilli

1) While making and preparing for Rocky Balboa, what were some of the ideas and themes that you hoped to include that didn't make it past the initial script stages, or into production?

2) When it comes to self-written/self-directed properties, how do you go about the process? Do you have an unbias observor provide notes, helpful editing techniques, or do you rely on yourself to fix any problems that may arise? (I'm talking mainly about scripting, but if directing falls into a similar approach feel free to talk about that.)

3) What do you make of the post-modern, 'intellectual' action films out today? Do you feel they have more of a social relevance than 80s cinema, or do you think they try harder today for that than 80s films did? (By 80s films, I mean how the films seem strongly inspired by the times, rather than venturing into trying to answer social questions... for instance, Cobra was a disturbing film which seemed - in parts - to be seeped in the vague sleeze prevalent during the era in question.)
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:22 pm

Here's my Qs:

1. The last Rambo movie was released in 1988. It's now 20 years later. Has Rambo gone soft or is he still one bad pissed off motherf-er?

2. When will you make a sequel to TANGO & CASH?

3. The last few years and the next few years will bring us sequels or remakes to classic '80s action movies, like RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, THE TERMINATOR, FIRST BLOOD, DIE HARD, PREDATOR, and ALIENS. Why do you think Hollywood insists on resurrecting action icons of the past? And why is there such a dearth of young action stars today?

My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Seppuku on Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:27 pm

Here are mine:

1. Where do you think Cpt Kirks 2pay has gone? Do you think he's just trying to avoid Juno spoilers until it gets released in the UK?

2. If you could create your own variation on IPAMPILASH, what would it be?

3. Who is Sounding?
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Chilli on Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:29 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:Here are mine:

1. Where do you think Cpt Kirks 2pay has gone? Do you think he's just trying to avoid Juno spoilers until it gets released in the UK?

3. Who is Sounding?

Dude, nice investigative journalism!
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:43 pm

1. Have you cast your mother in Rambo?
2. Don't you think she was mildly entertaining, in a drunk great aunt kind of way, when she was on Big Brother?
3. As with Rambo 3, are the enemy you fight in this new film likely to form some kind of global terrorist organisation in the years to come?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby monorail77 on Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:06 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:Here are mine:

3. Who is Sounding?

Wait a minute did you really submit those questions :?:
"All we have is language; that's the one tool that enables us to grasp hold of our lives and transcend our fate by understanding it."
-Harlan Ellison

monorail77
AIRWOLF

Postby Seppuku on Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:22 pm

monorail77 wrote:
seppukudkurosawa wrote: Here are mine:

3. Who is Sounding?

Wait a minute did you really submit those questions :?:

No. No I didn't. Though on reflection, they'd probably have just as big a chance of getting answered as any others. Harry said he had thousands of questions sent to him last year. Also, this time you're even less likely to get chosen as Sly's only going to be doing this for five days and everyone else is submitting 3 questions rather than one.

The only question I could think of was that A Man Called...Rainbo one, as I figured general action star/director/"acting" questions would have been covered by everyone else (and they didn't work for me last time).
Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby monorail77 on Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:14 pm

yeah, I was pretty certain you hadn't submitted those ones. Though I would have laughed pretty hard if you had.
-Harlan Ellison

monorail77
AIRWOLF

Postby Chilli on Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:25 am

[quote]4. What do you make of the post-modern, 'intellectual' action films out today? Do you feel they have more of a social relevance than 80s cinema, or do you think they try harder today for that than 80s films did? (By 80s films, I mean how the films seem strongly inspired by the times, rather than venturing into trying to answer social questions... for instance, Cobra was a disturbing film which seemed - in parts - to be seeped in the vague sleeze prevalent during the era in question.)

Ian Austin

4.) In reference to post modern “intellectualâ€
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

PreviousNext

Return to Actor Discussion