The Bill "Fucking" Murray Thread!!!

Discuss all the finest actors, living or dead -- their films, their talents, and their weird, drug-related escapades.

The Bill Murray Thread!!!

Postby bastard_robo on Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:56 am

Chilli wrote:
The image I like to keep of Bill Murray is his being on the verge of tears when he didn't receive the Oscar for Lost in Translation. People started applauding him, it was a really sweet moment for the usually dull wankfest that is the Oscars.

Goes to show how out of touch the Oscars are/were/will always be.

I threw my remote at the TV when they announced that fuck head Sean Penn won for one of the most over fucking glorified bloated movies in years!

Penn always rubbed me the wrong way and that night, (which I think he made the smarmy remarke back to Chris Rock about his joke about Jude Law being in like every movie that was out at the time.. that just irked me even more) he just made me out right dislike him.. Where the fuck dose spicoli get off!

I lost even more respect for the academy that year. ( I lost respect for them when they awarded Gladiator the best pic of the year when I thought it wasnt, and Giving the best oscar to Denzel for fucking training day!) and that Murray will probably not be nominated again.

Shame, shame indeed
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Re: The Bill Murray Thread!!!

Postby Maui on Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:36 am

bastard_robo wrote:
Chilli wrote:
The image I like to keep of Bill Murray is his being on the verge of tears when he didn't receive the Oscar for Lost in Translation. People started applauding him, it was a really sweet moment for the usually dull wankfest that is the Oscars.

Goes to show how out of touch the Oscars are/were/will always be.

I threw my remote at the TV when they announced that fuck head Sean Penn won for one of the most over fucking glorified bloated movies in years!

Penn always rubbed me the wrong way and that night, (which I think he made the smarmy remarke back to Chris Rock about his joke about Jude Law being in like every movie that was out at the time.. that just irked me even more) he just made me out right dislike him.. Where the fuck dose spicoli get off!

I lost even more respect for the academy that year. ( I lost respect for them when they awarded Gladiator the best pic of the year when I thought it wasnt, and Giving the best oscar to Denzel for fucking training day!) and that Murray will probably not be nominated again.

Shame, shame indeed

I was very disappointed with this Oscar result as well. I was really praying for Murray, I thought he was brilliant in Translation.
Maui
WoWie

Postby magicmonkey on Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:58 am

Pacino86845 wrote:Another thing about Bill Murray is he's kind of old school in the way he speaks, and people pick apart at the things he says waaaay too much... I remember reading some article about the 2004 (?) Oscars, and the writer said something along the lines of "Bill Murray sets back women's progress by referring to Sofia Coppola as a girl." See, I don't think he meant anything bad by it, it's just his sort of frank (and I guess not PC) way of speaking.

I love Murray. The thing with "Lost in translation" is that I see the movie as being a Sofia Coppola biopic... She's in Japan with husband Jonze, he's busy with the Jackass guys making the Jackass movie, she bumps into Bill "fucking" Murray. So, calling her a girl was a continuation of thier little story...

For me Bill "Fucking" Murray was at his best in "Broken Flowers", THAT was the movie he should have won an oscar for.

I'm sure he's got plenty of years left in him yet, and "The Life Aquatic" was made tolerable solely for his presence alone.

He really is the man, Peter Venkman, indeed any of the "Ghostbusters" are such finely written and performed characters that the film may as well as been some kind of pychiatry of man movie.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby judderman on Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:02 am

I actually liked The Life Aquatic more than Rushmore or The Royal Tannenbaums. But that's just me.

And yes, his performance in Broken Flowers was amazing.
judderman
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby magicmonkey on Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:04 am

judderman wrote:I actually liked The Life Aquatic more than Rushmore or The Royal Tannenbaums. But that's just me

No, me too. :lol:
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:09 am

magicmonkey wrote:He really is the man, Peter Venkman, indeed any of the "Ghostbusters" are such finely written and performed characters that the film may as well as been some kind of pychiatry of man movie.

Well again, why do I constantly say that I modelled myself on Bill Murray AND the movie character that deep down I honestly feel like I am, or WAS, is Peter Venkman?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Maui on Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:10 am

judderman wrote:
And yes, his performance in Broken Flowers was amazing.

Oh man! I still have to see this!!! I have heard so many great things about Murray in this movie.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:12 am

magicmonkey wrote:
judderman wrote:I actually liked The Life Aquatic more than Rushmore or The Royal Tannenbaums. But that's just me

Well, it's more a personal film I think. This is a journey of one man's self destructiveness, obsession, and loneliness. It may seem to tangent, but this is a rare time in a film that I would agree that the off route journeys that seem to happen here, do actually echo such off directions that we people do take when we go on similar journeys, oddyses, searches. Well I do anyway. I mean, if you think I'm talking sh*t, why do you think that MY Shark movies are still not finished after 4 years working on them!?!??!

I mean, what the heck am I doing here with you lot?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby magicmonkey on Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:31 am

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:Kirk, you fooking fool, falls right into my cunning ruse to post Bill Murray vs. Jack Nicholson cameos!

Jack

Bill

Kinda got me thinking... I wonder what "About Schmidt" would have been like with Murray instead of Nicholson. I love Nicholson in it all ready and wouldn't change it for the world, but hell, it makes for a great "what if?". Ah... for a parallel universe machine...
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby magicmonkey on Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:34 am

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:
magicmonkey wrote:

Well, it's more a personal film I think. This is a journey of one man's self destructiveness, obsession, and loneliness. It may seem to tangent, but this is a rare time in a film that I would agree that the off route journeys that seem to happen here, do actually echo such off directions that we people do take when we go on similar journeys, oddyses, searches. Well I do anyway. I mean, if you think I'm talking sh*t, why do you think that MY Shark movies are still not finished after 4 years working on them!?!??!

I mean, what the heck am I doing here with you lot?

Heh, its all about the journey Kirksy, to um quote that blind guy from "O Brother Where art thou?".
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Hermanator X on Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:22 pm

For the Bill Murray completists amongst you, a recent short film featuring Da Man.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aPo9sCqza98

Its ok.......
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby Flumm on Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:42 pm

A glimpse of the future as it should be...

Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pacino86845 on Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:43 pm

I think that belongs in the Christmas Wish List thread!!
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby TheButcher on Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:57 pm

GZA, RZA and Bill Murray : Coffee & Cigarettes...
Last edited by TheButcher on Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Flumm on Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:12 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:I think that belongs in the Christmas Wish List thread!!

I don't know... I gotta peg Santa for a Bob Hope man, myself.

Perhaps, if he's feeling frisky, some Sinbad?

:o

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:ANyone ever see this guy in The Razor's Edge.

Early sign of early Bill Murray staright acting coolness. Underrated movie.

Anyone seen it and can comment?

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Bill Murray, as he showed with The Razor's Edge, has that knack of frequently creating characters who I feel I either am, or want to be.

Anyone else have this with him too?

I dug on The Razor's Edge, Kirk.

In it's own way, the roll fited apon him as well as any other he's had, I think.

From the impression you build of people of the years, it's actually how I kinda imagine him to be in reality, to a degree...

It's probably nothing remotely close, but there you go.

I remember most the images of him on the boat in India, or crossing over the bridge framed by a golden Tibet, with him in the crumpled, linen suit...

For me at least, just as abiding as the Ghostbusters protonpack, Quick Change clown get up, the Team Zisou beanie, Lost in translation whisky and silk dressing gow, or the Broken Flowers tracksuit.

I felt at times, it kinda rushed through the "journey" aspects, but it would have been hard to dwell apon them, in retrospect. It was a journey afterall, one that took years to live through, and had to be distilled in the telling.

In essence, I think it was much me wanting to spend more time with the the character/Murray and the nature of the story itself, too. With these kind of esoteric films, even despite myself, I sometimes find there's always that vague illusion that there's something (an answer to Life the Universe and Everything?), just around the corner for me, too...

It's kinda what invests you in them, I think.

Overall, I liked the atmohsphere of the thing very much, felt like it got made with some of that leftover 70's existentialist money that must of been lying around before everyone starting buying cartoon toys and cell phones and crap.

Interesting that the films of his career, in sentiment at least, bookend eachother the way they do.

Makes you wonder if he really wanted to make all those that he made inbetween, at all... how invested he is/was in those characters, as exquisately played as some of them are...

EDIT:
And randomly, I'm an easy for mark for such things, but reading up, I saw the book jacket and it just kinda made me smile a Kitschy smile...

Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Maui on Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:55 pm

I started to watch 'What About Bob' last night but I had to cut it short as I was heading out the door. I found it rather entertaining. Richard Dreyfuss plays a psychiatrist on vacation with his family. Murray, one of his patients, follows his Dr. to his vacation home.

Anyone else seen this flick? I'm likely gonna add it to my movie queue as I want to see how it ends.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:51 am

Anyone want to hear What Bill Murray whispers to Scarlett Johannson at the end of "Lost In Translation"?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5MV7Sym8bIQ

Maybe all you guys already know about this, but it's news to me and I didn't hear it from any of you.

sigh, I wish BIll Murray would whisper that in my ear, and then scream "I"ve been slimed".
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Fievel on Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:57 am

Maui wrote:I started to watch 'What About Bob' last night but I had to cut it short as I was heading out the door. I found it rather entertaining. Richard Dreyfuss plays a psychiatrist on vacation with his family. Murray, one of his patients, follows his Dr. to his vacation home.

Anyone else seen this flick? I'm likely gonna add it to my movie queue as I want to see how it ends.

I remember seeing that at the theater.
Great, goofy flick.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby RaulMonkey on Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:57 am

Retardo_Montalban wrote:Anyone want to hear What Bill Murray whispers to Scarlett Johannson at the end of "Lost In Translation"?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5MV7Sym8bIQ

Maybe all you guys already know about this, but it's news to me and I didn't hear it from any of you.

sigh, I wish BIll Murray would whisper that in my ear, and then scream "I"ve been slimed".

Wow, I thought that was going to turn out to be a joke video, like the ones with the ghosts popping out and screaming at the end. But nope, it seems legit, and the line makes sense. Coppola could have turned up the volume and it still would have been a perfectly poignant scene. I like it.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby buster00 on Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:42 am

He whispers, "Oh, Mrs. Crane, you're a little monkey woman. Yeah, you're lean, mean...and I bet you're not too far in between, are ya?"
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:50 am

WOW! What an ear or eye or even can opener that was!!!!

I thought it was gonna be some kinda joke too! But man, it all sorta makes sense doesn't it? To be frank, they could still be putting any kind of line in there and if I wasn't so open minded I'd believe them 100%, but still, I'll go along with the interpretation to an extent. The last line I can actually make out the clearest though, anything before that, I still can't make out that well, subtitles or not.

So, the line after all our speculation on what it could be, IS satisfactory. It is poignant, it is important, and it is the hopeful one that we would all have liked or imagined. So it sorta lives up to our imaginations then, which is nice.

On the other hand is this....

1. Should it have just been allowed to be heard by us and not muffled as it was?

2. Do we STILL, at the end of the day, prefer the line to remain a mystery, and let our own minds come up with the story, meaning and interpretation of it?

3. Even if we did, are you guys still happy with this line? Does it top what you thought it was? Or not? Or is on a par with what you speculated or concluded?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Bayouwolf on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:56 am

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:WOW! What an ear or eye or even can opener that was!!!!

I thought it was gonna be some kinda joke too! But man, it all sorta makes sense doesn't it? To be frank, they could still be putting any kind of line in there and if I wasn't so open minded I'd believe them 100%, but still, I'll go along with the interpretation to an extent. The last line I can actually make out the clearest though, anything before that, I still can't make out that well, subtitles or not.

So, the line after all our speculation on what it could be, IS satisfactory. It is poignant, it is important, and it is the hopeful one that we would all have liked or imagined. So it sorta lives up to our imaginations then, which is nice.

On the other hand is this....

1. Should it have just been allowed to be heard by us and not muffled as it was?

2. Do we STILL, at the end of the day, prefer the line to remain a mystery, and let our own minds come up with the story, meaning and interpretation of it?

3. Even if we did, are you guys still happy with this line? Does it top what you thought it was? Or not? Or is on a par with what you speculated or concluded?

I thought the ending was sophomoric. Bad end to an otherwise good film.
On the other hand...It would've been less talked about had she been heard.
But that could just be the hype talking.
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Postby junesquad on Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:28 pm

Bill Murray??? WOAH - it's time to pull out Scrooge'd
Junesquad
junesquad
AIRWOLF

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:05 pm

I like that you can't really hear what Bill Murray is saying, but at the same time I would like to think that Coppola didn't just put an unintelligible whisper because she couldn't think of a good line to end the movie with. The movie hasn't changed at all for me, now that there is a line to go with that moment. Bill could pretty much say anything and I'd think its gold. He just cannot deliver a flat line. He could tell Scarlett that he's looking forward to looking at her vag, and I'd still think it poignant.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:30 pm

i just want to know who this Murray character is who Bill is apparently fucking.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby tapehead on Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:39 pm

Retardo_Montalban wrote:He could tell Scarlett that he's looking forward to looking at her vag, and I'd still think it poignant.

It's funny; that just how I always imagined it.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby buster00 on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:42 pm

TheBaxter wrote:i just want to know who this Murray character is who Bill is apparently fucking.

It's not really fucking. It's more like dryhumping. That's why the "quotes" are in there.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheButcher on Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:54 pm

Hermanator X wrote:For the Bill Murray completists amongst you, a recent short film featuring Da Man.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aPo9sCqza98

Its ok.......

Here is a video tribute to Bill Muthafuckin' Murray!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me_as_Yp464
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:23 pm

Seeing as I just looked at the Batman thread and then at this one, it reminded me of a vague rumour that I SWORE I heard for real.....

When the first Burton Batman was being planned, I SWEAR they suggest Bill Murray for Bruce Wayne. Anyone know of this rumour?

Also another casting rumour I heard.... Bill Murray was considered or even APPROACHED to star in Philedelphia - in Denzel Washington's part - but he turned it down.

Anyone comment on these stories?!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Hermanator X on Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:36 am

Is this the worst photoshopping ever? Just seen it on the main page in harrys picks.

Woeful. Looks more like sloth than Bill Murray!

I think someone has been playing a game of pin the eye on the funnyman.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby Spifftacular SquirrelGirl on Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:32 am

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Seeing as I just looked at the Batman thread and then at this one, it reminded me of a vague rumour that I SWORE I heard for real.....

When the first Burton Batman was being planned, I SWEAR they suggest Bill Murray for Bruce Wayne. Anyone know of this rumour?

Also another casting rumour I heard.... Bill Murray was considered or even APPROACHED to star in Philedelphia - in Denzel Washington's part - but he turned it down.

I believe the Batman rumur is true and that Bill Murray was Burton's first choice for the role. And people thought it was weird with Keaton in the role... just imagine how different it would have been with Nicholson vs Murray?
Spifftacular SquirrelGirl
AIRWOLF

Postby Chilli on Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:35 am

Spifftacular SquirrelGirl wrote:
Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Seeing as I just looked at the Batman thread and then at this one, it reminded me of a vague rumour that I SWORE I heard for real.....

I believe the Batman rumur is true and that Bill Murray was Burton's first choice for the role. And people thought it was weird with Keaton in the role... just imagine how different it would have been with Nicholson vs Murray?

Best movie never made? I think so.
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby unikrunk on Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:44 am

Chilli wrote:
Spifftacular SquirrelGirl wrote:

Best movie never made? I think so.

I am trying to visualize this scenario, and keep coming up with Venkman trying to get in chick's pants with his 'crime fighting' tales. I just can't get Ghostbusters out of my damned head:

BatMurray: The Movie wrote:Alfred: I have worked in the private sector, Mr. Wayne; they expect results. And how do you propose we pay for all of this"

Bruce Wayne: I don't know (swigs from whiskey bottle, slowly shaking his head). I don't know
Last edited by unikrunk on Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chilli on Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:48 am

:lol:

Awesome.
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby unikrunk on Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:01 am

The Murray/Batman thing has now fuckled me for life; every time I see Bill in a movie, I will not be able to follow the plot. Rather, I will be picturing him delivering his lines in Adam West's Bat-Suit.

On the other side of the coin, I know I will be trying to focus on TDK, and will be mentally replacing Bale with Murray throughout the film.

Oh, dear lord, so many things have been hilariously ruined by this premise. :lol: :lol: :lol:
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Spifftacular SquirrelGirl on Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:03 am

unikrunk wrote:The Murray/Batman thing has now fuckled me for life; every time I see Bill in a movie, I will not be able to follow the plot. Rather, I will be picturing him delivering his lines in Adam West's Bat-Suit.

On the other side of the coin, I know I will be trying to focus on TDK, and will be mentally replacing Bale with Murray throughout the film.

Oh, dear lord, so many things have been hilariously ruined by this premise. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for that. Now I'm going to have to watch Batman Begins just the way you described.

Sword fighting with Liam Neeson on ice... wow...
Spifftacular SquirrelGirl
AIRWOLF

Postby Chilli on Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:06 am

Bats & penguins, living in harmony!
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby RaulMonkey on Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:29 pm

Burton and Murray should do a DKR-era standalone flick. It would be a rare circumstance where fans would embrace a return to the Burton/Schumacher universe. Get Sam Hamm to write the script. Make it in the vein of ROCKY BALBOA, RAMBO, LFODH, or CRYSTAL SKULL, but mainly ROCKY BALBOA: revisiting a great character years after a failed sequel for one last hurrah and a chance at redemption.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:38 pm

Hermanator X wrote:Is this the worst photoshopping ever? Just seen it on the main page in harrys picks.

Woeful. Looks more like sloth than Bill Murray!

I think someone has been playing a game of pin the eye on the funnyman.

That is bad.

I do not understand why TBS is not playing this all day like they do A Christmas Story. That would be very funny...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Zarles on Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:56 pm

unikrunk wrote:On the other side of the coin, I know I will be trying to focus on TDK, and will be mentally replacing Bale with Murray throughout the film.

That would make one hell of a final project in a CGI class. Kaga, make it happen.

I'll bet Cha-Ka could do it in an hour.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby buster00 on Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:09 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:I do not understand why TBS is not playing this all day like they do A Christmas Story. That would be very funny...

I said the same thing out loud when this was on at my apartment last night!

Come to think of it, I say the same thing every year... :shock:
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: The Bill "Fucking" Murray Thread!!!

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:33 am

Bill Murray can go jump out a plane!
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Bayouwolf on Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:47 am

TheBaxter wrote:Bill Murray can go jump out a plane!

Now with PICTURZ!

The rest are here
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:53 am

Bayou wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:Bill Murray can go jump out a plane!

Now with PICTURZ!

The rest are here

HE EVEN MAKES JUMPING OUT OF A PLANE AWESOME!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Peven on Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:38 pm

who would have thought 30 yrs ago that Murray would the one to come out of the SNL bunch and go on to not only make the most successful comedies, outdo any of his peers from the show as a "serious' actor AND become the icon that he is today.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

BATMAN

Postby TheButcher on Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:59 am

From yahoo: Murray missed out on Batman role
Hollywood star Bill Murray missed out on the chance to play Batman in the 1989 original superhero movie - when he was snubbed in favour of Michael Keaton.
The Groundhog Day actor was one of the frontrunners to play the Caped Crusader, when movie bosses wanted to create a big screen replica of the camp 1960s TV version starring Adam West.

But Murray was sidelined once gothic director Tim Burton took the helm of the movie - and brought in his Beetlejuice charge Keaton.

However, Murray concedes he's not angry about the move, because he's a huge fan of Keaton's portrayal of the billionaire crimefighter.

He tells MTV.com, "I would have been a fine Batman. You know, there have been a number of Batmen. I like them... I thought Mike Keaton did a great job as Batman. It's obviously - it's a great role."

Other actors to play the part since Keaton include Val Kilmer, George Clooney and Christian Bale.
Last edited by TheButcher on Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:05 pm

TheButcher wrote:From yahoo: Murray missed out on Batman role
Hollywood star Bill Murray missed out on the chance to play Batman in the 1989 original superhero movie - when he was snubbed in favour of Michael Keaton.
The Groundhog Day actor was one of the frontrunners to play the Caped Crusader, when movie bosses wanted to create a big screen replica of the camp 1960s TV version starring Adam West.

But Murray was sidelined once gothic director Tim Burton took the helm of the movie - and brought in his Beetlejuice charge Keaton.

However, Murray concedes he's not angry about the move, because he's a huge fan of Keaton's portrayal of the billionaire crimefighter.

He tells MTV.com, "I would have been a fine Batman. You know, there have been a number of Batmen. I like them... I thought Mike Keaton did a great job as Batman. It's obviously - it's a great role."

Other actors to play the part since Keaton include Val Kilmer, George Clooney and Christian Bale.

I mourn the idea of Bill not redoing the West batman.. i guess that HEAVEN dosnt open for everyone... :( :(
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:17 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:44 pm

So I'm watching The Man Who Knew Too Little on TV right now.

Such hilarious chuckles! Shows one of the Bill Murray appeals is hat he can be a total moron or a simpleton who just has no idea or personal involvement in the crap that goes on around him, but just seems to coast through life or a situation and get away with it. Check this and Peter Venkman, even Groundhog Day on certain levels.

This is him being refreshing and angst relief. Maybe we all should lighten up and try being like these guys for a day, see what happens.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:48 pm

Peven wrote:who would have thought 30 yrs ago that Murray would the one to come out of the SNL bunch and go on to not only make the most successful comedies, outdo any of his peers from the show as a "serious' actor AND become the icon that he is today.

Imagine if John Belushi were still alive? how much difference would one have made on the other's career? Maybe none by now, but before? I think Murray took some parts that Belushi would otherwise have had? Like Peter Venkman? Who would you have preferred?

Also going back to Batman, I think Murray was also offered the part of Denzel Washington's role in Philidelphia? Anyone confirm all this? I swear there were other roles that he was up for but didn't get for whatever reason. Can't remember what they were now.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

PreviousNext

Return to Actor Discussion