Adam Sandler Movies?

Discuss all the finest actors, living or dead -- their films, their talents, and their weird, drug-related escapades.

Adam Sandler Movies?

Postby Droncz92 on Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:03 pm

Seriously his comedy movies have taken a turn for the worse, just saw Zohan and cant believe I paid for it...wait I didnt I walked in after seeing Wall E, but seirously his movies latley are HORRIBLE.

I cant say that for his Drama's though. After seeing Reign Over Me I think the Drama movies are better suited for him and he can do more with it.

anyone know what I mean?
Droncz92
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Re: Adam Sandler Movies?

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:03 pm

After Punch-Drunk Love came out, i didn't think he'd go back to making shitty comedies.
But PDL didn't make that much money...
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Bayouwolf on Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:33 pm

One trick pony, that Sandler boy. "You can do it!" my ass....

Watching his films of late, I can't help but wonder if he knows the movies he's making are turds, and he's flipping us the bird while he's cashing his check.

/threadjack/
I hate that side of fame. When you can get a shitty film green lighted, simply because the formula worked before. ( Mike Myers, I'm looking right at you...)
It really burns me up that there's 100's of better written and far more enjoyable screenplays just collecting dust on some exec's desk...
/end_threadjack/
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Postby Droncz92 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:04 pm

Tsk tsk tsk...

Now I see he is doing something with disney.

The ultimate Sandler movie???

A goofball roll, a return to what he is known for. He should team up with the ones that are BIG right now, WIll Ferrel, Seth Rogen, and all those guys.

Come to think of it, isnt he doing some project with Judd Apatow?
Droncz92
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:19 pm

I wish he would have been in Inglourious Basterds, like that original rumor stated. That could have been awesome. It usually seems like comics transition to drama very well.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Snow Apple on Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:18 am

Zohan wasn't that bad, I think I remember laughing and having fun. You want him to work with Apatow, well he already has, they wrote Zohan together didn't they?

It is ridiculous, but I get upset when people talk crap about Adam Sandler. He's funny damn it. So what if he isn't 100% all the time. He's given you a lot of laughs in your life and you know it.

And oh sigh, "Punch Drunk Love", is there very many movies better than that one?
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Gerald Fried on Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:42 am

Snow Apple wrote:And oh sigh, "Punch Drunk Love", is there very many movies better than that one?

Yes, hundreds.
Gerald Fried
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby John-Locke on Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:04 am

Gerald Fried wrote:
Snow Apple wrote:And oh sigh, "Punch Drunk Love", is there very many movies better than that one?

Yes, hundreds.

So even you'd agree that PDL is in the top one thousand films of all time? that's not bad at all.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Gerald Fried on Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:18 am

John-Locke wrote:
Gerald Fried wrote:

Yes, hundreds.

So even you'd agree that PDL is in the top one thousand films of all time? that's not bad at all.

Well it could be in the 99-hundreds....so top ten thousand.
Gerald Fried
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Snow Apple on Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:43 am

I think "Punch Drunk Love" might be in my top ten if forced to make a list, certainly top 25. I love everything about that movie. It's funny, it's sweet, it's interesting, it's beautiful.
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby DerLanghaarige on Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:04 am

I watched Zohan yesterday and it was the first time since "Deeds" that a Sandler-movie made me laugh. And damn, I laughed really hard. It also might be his silliest one so far. It even tops "Billy Madison" by far. I think the crazier Sandler's scripts are, the more I like them.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Candy Kate on Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:10 pm

Punch Drunk Love has got to be my fav. with Sandler in it.
Candy Kate
GLIB

Postby Snow Apple on Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:27 pm

DerLanghaarige wrote:I watched Zohan yesterday and it was the first time since "Deeds" that a Sandler-movie made me laugh. And damn, I laughed really hard. It also might be his silliest one so far. It even tops "Billy Madison" by far. I think the crazier Sandler's scripts are, the more I like them.

Top's "Billy Madison" by far? No way. I rewatched that a couple of weeks ago and even though I practically know it by heart it's still funnier than Zohan. Zohan is silly and funny, but I think Billy is crazier. Maybe you're just used to Billy because you've seen it a bunch and what was once random and funny is now not so out there...which is making me remember the first time I saw "Happy Gilmore" how freaking funny that wooden hand stuff was.
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby pookadot93 on Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Snow Apple wrote:
DerLanghaarige wrote:I watched Zohan yesterday and it was the first time since "Deeds" that a Sandler-movie made me laugh. And damn, I laughed really hard. It also might be his silliest one so far. It even tops "Billy Madison" by far. I think the crazier Sandler's scripts are, the more I like them.

Top's "Billy Madison" by far? No way. I rewatched that a couple of weeks ago and even though I practically know it by heart it's still funnier than Zohan. Zohan is silly and funny, but I think Billy is crazier. Maybe you're just used to Billy because you've seen it a bunch and what was once random and funny is now not so out there...which is making me remember the first time I saw "Happy Gilmore" how freaking funny that wooden hand stuff was.

Billy Madison is funny no matter how many times you see it, even if you're not laughing at it anymore, it's still funny. "The Zohan" was ridiculous and no where near as smart as "Billy Madison". i think its sad that the movie couldn't be funny without him screwing old ladies after he gives them a haircut. I would have liked my younger sister to able to see it. It doesn't have to be like his previous movies. It's ok that it's a ridiculous movie. That's what makes it funny and there are a ton of other movies out there that are big hits for the same reason. Obviously, I'm a little half and half on my opinion of 'The Zohan" but it will never top any movie he did before it, especially not "Billy Madison"
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not trying to kill me...
pookadot93
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Return to Actor Discussion