Who is your Onscreen Crush? (Apart from me)

Discuss all the finest actors, living or dead -- their films, their talents, and their weird, drug-related escapades.

Who is your Onscreen Crush? (Apart from me)

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:39 pm

Well this should be an easy thread that should stay at the top without that wanker, TheButcher, burying it with his boring thread bump posts which are always met with indifference and ignorance. SO...

Who is your cinematic crush? Be it as a kid or grown up? Mancrush/girlcrush - AND EXPLAIN WHY!!! This is a discussion/argument thread, not a list thread!

Like these guys here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NF06CE ... S65JvA3bx9 (Famous actors like Jessica Chastain, Amy Adams, Denzel Washington saying who their famous actor crushes are...)

As for me, I can't think of who my crushes were as a kid, I didn't have a constant fave actress, though I got naughty thoughts over Jessica Lange in King Kong, Maren Jensen and Cassiopea from Battlestar Galactica and the Devillish Pamela Hensley from Buck Rogers then hitting adelosence with Supergirl as a 12 year old but nothing as profound as Audrey Hepburn etc.

But what are yours? Apart from me as the film extra who's films have made more than Harrison Ford's?

Fuck off TheButcher, don't you DARE bury this thread.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Re: Who is your Onscreen Crush? (Apart from me)

Postby Ribbons on Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:13 pm

I always thought that young Paul Newman... hell, even old Paul Newman embodied masculinity in a way that feels timeless. Not like Humphrey Bogart or Rudolph Valentino who people of our generation can't really relate to. No offense Bogey.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:12 pm

Watching Paul Newman in Butch Cassidy made me consider just how charismatic he was in wondering how much of that was just pure natural and how much charisma had been worked on and developed by him. Was it a way of talking, inner confidence, working on his body language and his best facial mannerisms etc. that increased his star charisma? Made me wonder if there was something I could do to myself to boost such charisma of myself to increase my presence too, whether in real life or onscreen.

Then I read a quote from Newman where he said that it doesn't matter how good an actor you are, if the camera don't love you - it's over. Which kinda made me think that charisma has less to do with you creating it and it's just natural 'born that way' good looks and physical charm etc to make that charisma and there's not a lot else that can be done to create this.

So fuck it. No acting career for me.

What is a mancrush anyway, specifically? Is it just admiring a male actor for many reason and not fancying them, or is it simply you being well Dumbledore for them? Male Zoners - I'm really flattered and everything but I'm simply - not Dumbledore!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby SilentBobX on Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:56 pm

Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman was a no brainer. As for film, Racquel Welch in One Million Years BC. That fur bikini..........yowza.

BTW, nice to see you're still among the living Kirk. And those horrible rumors of you meeting your demise in an elevator shaft in Ukraine were totally unfounded.

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby Ribbons on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:57 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:What is a mancrush anyway, specifically? Is it just admiring a male actor for many reason and not fancying them, or is it simply you being well Dumbledore for them? Male Zoners - I'm really flattered and everything but I'm simply - not Dumbledore!

A mancrush is when you feel feelings that are weird, and deeply confusing. So you push the feelings down... way, way down.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:00 am

i had nightly fantasies about olivia newton-john in those skin-tight pants at the end of Grease for about a year. luckily for my parents, i was pre-puberty and hadn't discovered masturbation yet, or their laundry bills would have gone through the roof.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:44 am

Kerri Green.... oh my God did I have a onscreen crush on this girl in my teen years.

Goonies, Lucas, Summer Rental (bikini!). So fucking cute, not overtly sexy, almost attainable fantasy. Holy crap did I love this girl!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:44 pm

I just realised that this thread is the same as my 'ACTORS YOU WANT TO SHAG' thread. Also all this talk of not really attainable girls is a bit redundant and something none of us should be talking about I just realised after having a real hottie Superlike me on Tinder only for it to be an accident and her unmatching me.

You are all too ugly for these actors you fancy and you should wake up to this fact, then die.

So I'm done with this thread. Locking it now.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Peven on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:51 am

Claire Forlani

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:18 pm

so far it's been more of a "childhood screen crushes" thread which i guess is slightly different from "actors you want to shag", but the fact that Kirks started two of these threads tells us something about you, Kirks. how many actresses have gotten a restraining order against you so far?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:00 pm

TheBaxter wrote:so far it's been more of a "childhood screen crushes" thread which i guess is slightly different from "actors you want to shag", but the fact that Kirks started two of these threads tells us something about you, Kirks. how many actresses have gotten a restraining order against you so far?

Yeah I'm inclined to let this one live (and die) on its own.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Maui on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:19 am

Childhood crush:

JakeRyan from Sixteen Candles

Current crush:

Jeffrey Dean Morgan :D
Maui
WoWie

Postby Ribbons on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:06 pm

Even when he's about to murder you?

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Maui on Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:48 pm

Ribbons wrote:Even when he's about to murder you?

Nope.
Maui
WoWie

Return to Actor Discussion