Worst Acting You've Seen

Discuss all the finest actors, living or dead -- their films, their talents, and their weird, drug-related escapades.

Worst Acting You've Seen

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:59 pm

Inspired by watching the godawful Sliver which is full of terrible facepalming acting moments I have to look away from, though I'd still bang the tits off Sharon Stone in that film who SOOO needs a big studly cock up her, I thought I'd start this soon to be buried by unreplied TheButcher posts in 193 million threads thread.

So please mention any moment or actor/ress or film with some truly bad acting that reminds us all just how hard it is, and give reasons/arguments/discussions/just tell TheButcher to fuck off.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Re: Worst Acting You've Seen

Postby Ribbons on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:50 pm

I know this is sort of cheating, but generally any acting performance by an athlete is horrible, with some exceptions. And yet people can't seem to stop putting them in movies.

Here's two Yankees trying to get through a scene from Step Brothers:

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Peven on Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:53 pm

Ryan Reynolds' performance in Blade Trinity made me wish real vampires would eat him

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby SilentBobX on Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:28 am

Nic Cage in any of the Left Behind movies or his 2 Ghost Rider movies makes me think he sold his talent AND his soul.

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:44 am

Jake Lloyd in The Phantom Menace.
Hayden Christensen in Attack of the Clones (every scene with Padme).
Brad Pitt in Se7en - the "what's in the box" scene
Nice Cage in 8mm - the scene where he watches the movie
Jennifer Garner - Daredevil/Elektra
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Ribbons on Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:04 pm

Fievel wrote:Jake Lloyd in The Phantom Menace.

Yipee!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Peven on Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:56 pm

picking on kid actors is pretty weak, though. especially when it is their first big project and young enough to think Barney is a real dinosaur.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Fievel on Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:06 pm

Ribbons wrote:
Fievel wrote:Jake Lloyd in The Phantom Menace.

Yipee!

See also:

Anakin: Are you an angel?
Queen Amidala: What?
Anakin: An angel. I've heard the deep space pilots talk about them. They live on the moons of Iego, I think. They're the most beautiful creatures in the universe.
Queen Amidala: You're a funny little boy. How do you know so much?
Anakin: I listen to all the traders and star pilots who come through here. I'm a pilot, you know, and someday I'm going to fly away from this place.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:13 pm

Peven wrote:picking on kid actors is pretty weak, though.

No, not really.
If it was a local theater production, I'd agree with you wholeheartedly. But this was the first new Star Wars film in 16 years. Everyone behind the scenes knew what was at stake. They should have replaced him or coached him through. I blame Lucas (and Salacious McCallum) first and foremost.
Kids in major motion pictures should have the talent to back them up.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:02 am

in fairness, george lucas is such a terrible director of humans that he made natalie portman give some of her worst performances ever, and he also managed to ruin samuel l jackson. it's really not fair to judge any lucas-directed acting performance that wasn't generated by a computer.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:07 pm

TheBaxter wrote:in fairness, george lucas is such a terrible director of humans that he made natalie portman give some of her worst performances ever, and he also managed to ruin samuel l jackson. it's really not fair to judge any lucas-directed acting performance that wasn't generated by a computer.

It's still shit acting, whoever it is from, and whoever is to blame for it. My thread, my rules. The shit actor kid stays in this picture.

Seriously I hate all this passing the blame for crap acting or films from those responsible, blaming it on the director, producer, hollywood suits etc. until NO ONE can be blamed. They're all part of the same pot, all share accountability for their results.

Now.... ANYTHING BY WILLIAM BALDWIN!!!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Peven on Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:39 pm

Fievel wrote:
Peven wrote:picking on kid actors is pretty weak, though.

No, not really.
If it was a local theater production, I'd agree with you wholeheartedly. But this was the first new Star Wars film in 16 years. Everyone behind the scenes knew what was at stake. They should have replaced him or coached him through. I blame Lucas (and Salacious McCallum) first and foremost.
Kids in major motion pictures should have the talent to back them up.

yes, really. ragging on a little kid is weaksauce, period. this is a thread about acting performances, there has been over a 100 years of cinema with all sorts of adult actors who would be expected to do better but screwed the pooch for one reason or another, actors who were paid A LOT of money and had a lot of notoriety going into the role, and many worse performances than Loyd put in and in easier roles, too, and your top pick for bad acting was an unknown little kid in his first role in a big movie. nice work, jerry :roll:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Peven on Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:41 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:in fairness, george lucas is such a terrible director of humans that he made natalie portman give some of her worst performances ever, and he also managed to ruin samuel l jackson. it's really not fair to judge any lucas-directed acting performance that wasn't generated by a computer.

It's still shit acting, whoever it is from, and whoever is to blame for it. My thread, my rules. The shit actor kid stays in this picture.

Seriously I hate all this passing the blame for crap acting or films from those responsible, blaming it on the director, producer, hollywood suits etc. until NO ONE can be blamed. They're all part of the same pot, all share accountability for their results.

Now.... ANYTHING BY WILLIAM BALDWIN!!!

methinks you are transferring your disappointment in yourself toward others :-P

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:59 pm

If we're doing adult actors, Kit Harrington on Pompeii. Which is weird because I like him well enough in Game of Thrones. But Pompeii? Terrible. He gets to show off his abs a lot though.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:26 pm

Personally I fucking hate all kids in movies, all trying to be oh so cute and the apple of every adult's eye. Were the worst thing in Heat. In every film running around going "Daddeeeeee!!!! Mommeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!" Bad enough boring mediocre people posting every pic of them drooling on Facebook all the time. Babies and kids in films always brings down the badass edgy content of any adult film and thrillers, ruined Lethal Weapon 4 at the end.

Little gentlemen. There should be a "I hate babies" thread in this place. All you grown up stick discarding going out shagging young slutties at your local nightclub for staying in and posting how fucking great your life is because you're changing nappies of your baby "who is my world".

Fuck off.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Peven on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:48 pm

the Cap'n needs a molly :-P :wink:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Peven on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:56 pm

Ribbons wrote:If we're doing adult actors, Kit Harrington on Pompeii. Which is weird because I like him well enough in Game of Thrones. But Pompeii? Terrible. He gets to show off his abs a lot though.

clearly a mailed in "performance", and just the kind that SHOULD be criticized. we've all seen movies that didn't have the best script, biggest budget or all star cast but there was at least one performance from an actor that made the movie watchable, even enjoyable, because that actor(s) cared enough to give real effort, their best performance possible. it CAN be done. so, when an actor that you know can do better work shows up just for the paycheck and walks through the role they deserve to be shamed for it :evil: publicly shamed :evil: :twisted: after all, how dare someone not give 100% every day on the job. why, the rest of us do, right? :-P :wink:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Return to Actor Discussion