Favorite David Lynch Movie

Which director made the best films, made the best visuals, or smelled the best? This is the forum to find out.

Best Lynch Movie

EraserHead
2%
Elephant Man
12%
Dune
14%
Blue Velvet
14%
Twin Peaks feature Length Pilot Episode
7%
Wild at Heart
11%
Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me
1%
Lost Highway
10%
The Straight Story
5%
Mullholland Drive
23%

Total votes : 83

Postby Chief Redcock on Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:12 pm

Mulholland Drive is Lynch's best film and, IMO, one of the best films of the last twenty or more years.

Lynch is an interesting guy. I like how his films manage to be postmodern, expressionistic, and fairly traditional all at the same time. Slavoj Zizek and David Foster Wallace have written articles about how he combines aspects of various different movements... with unpredictable and highly unique results.
Last edited by Chief Redcock on Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chief Redcock
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Chief Redcock on Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:14 pm

Twin Peaks season one should've been included in this poll, though. When viewed as an extended work, it represents some of his best material.
Chief Redcock
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby colonel_lugz on Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:19 pm

It got to be Mullholland Drive for me. Put simply, its a masterpiece, no doubt about it. I really cant give this film enough credit I find it mezmorizing to watch.

It took me five viewings to work out whats going on (well, what I think is going on) and there is a level of film making here which is completly unrivalled. Lynch is a master and it scares me to think what goes on in his head.

He is close to being my fave director (its too hard to choose outright) and I hope to meet the great man at some point in my existance, but if not i'm sure we'll bump into each other in the White Lodge
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby StarWarsRedux on Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:06 am

Well, you know how they say it is in heaven.
StarWarsRedux
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:00 pm

Moriarty wrote:Lynch doesn’t seem interested in any further dealings with Universal or with the De Laurentiis family which controls the film...

not even Giada De Laurentiis? I mean, I understand not wanting to deal with Dino, but Giada? Here she is, reaching for a knife to keep Gaffney a safe distance away...

Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DrillerKiller on Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:18 pm

Lost Highway for me, purely because I love my films unsettling, and this managed to beat Funny Games to the crown somehow.

I do however think Blue Velvet is his best made film, but it's all about preference right?
Wellycome....in jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam
DrillerKiller
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby matthew on Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:29 am

Lost Highway I remember always being my favorite, but I haven't seen it in years. Someone mentioned the atmosphere of the film and I agree with them whole-heartedly. there is some great tension in the film, aided no doubt by non-literal imagry. i dunno, i'm just a sucker for dreamy surreal films like this.

Dune is hands down my favorite sci-fi of all time as well (the feature length version). Next to Cronenberg's Naked Lunch, I think it is one of the best film adaptations of a novel. He did a good job of keeping the complexity of the story within the movie by not over-explaining everything.

Mullholland Drive is also great, though obviously an attempt to garnish greater commercial appeal. Despite this I don't think he undermined his "lynchian" style. I always thought Eraser Head and Blue Velvet were over-rated myself. I dunno, i could never get into them.
matthew
GLIB

Postby thomasgaffney on Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:29 am

keepcoolbutcare wrote:
Moriarty wrote:Lynch doesn’t seem interested in any further dealings with Universal or with the De Laurentiis family which controls the film...

not even Giada De Laurentiis? I mean, I understand not wanting to deal with Dino, but Giada? Here she is, reaching for a knife to keep Gaffney a safe distance away...

Nothing, not even that damn court order, can keep me away! BWAHAHAHAHA!
find me: twitter and goodreads
find my book: amazon and apple and barnes & noble
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:05 pm

Something to help Link The Movies It's Chaos, on it's way.

I'd say The Elephant Man is my fave. Even though this is not so much a 'Lynch' film as his other stuff. This is more a studio film maybe? Still, this is one of my favourite films anyway. Incredible, unbelievable story. Absolutely. I remember after first watching it, thinking that even though I loved it, it was too overwhelming to ever watch again. I insisted that I'd never see it again, but every time it's been on TV I've been going back to it. Terribly sad, but terribly uplifting as films hardly ever are.

If you want more of a Lynch film, then it'd be Wild At Heart. Cool and passionate, romantic and violent and sick as fuck!!! Man, that movie just blew my brain out. It's the movie that really changed me into really wanting to be cool, in a deep way too, ya know?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby magicmonkey on Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:18 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:
If you want more of a Lynch film, then it'd be Wild At Heart. Cool and passionate, romantic and violent and sick as fuck!!! Man, that movie just blew my brain out. It's the movie that really changed me into really wanting to be cool, in a deep way too, ya know?

I wanna see a happy days remake with Lynch playing the Fonze, in fact all the original cast in the same role except for the Fonze. Is Tom Boswell still alive? I'd love to see where it would go, it makes my brain hurt just thinkign about the notion of a nostalgic 50's show made in the 70's being remade and translplanted to the noughties. But, you see, Lynch would be the Lynch pin.

Hollywood, stop the drivel, blow our freaking geek minds already.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:37 pm

I think that another cool thing about The Elephant Man is the way he shot it to look like a 1940s film. I remember being around 8 and coming home to find my dad watching it and thinking "what's this old crap he's watching?", but then being really shocked at some of the viciousness which transpired. Awesome movie.

Did any Brits watch Red Rock West a couple of nights ago? Man, I forgot just how shameless that movie is. Cobbled together after the success of TWin Peaks, using a host of ex-Lynch actors, a soundtrack that attempted to be Lynch-esque but failed, and a storyline which also tried to be vaguely Lynch-y. I suppose imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but this movie looks like a series of weak homages to David Lynch. They even had a Blue Velvet ripoff scene with people hiding in a cupboard and watching the action unfold through slats in the door. Seriously - I hadn't seen it since I was a kid, but it was so derivative as to be funny.

That leads me on to this:

ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:FIRE came too late, and, wtf, NO AUDREY?!?! Inexplicable cast changes?! WTF?!

He had to replace Lara Flynn Boyle as Donna because she had agreed to do Red Rock West, and Audrey was probably still enjoying the fruits of her Playboy spread. The lack of Donna is annoying, but I'm not sure if Audrey was really needed - I mean, she and Laura barely knew one another, and the movie is billed as "The last week of Laura's life" or something like that.

I loved FWWM from the moment it came out - I'd waited a long, long time to find out who Bobby killed (something you hear about in Episode One of the whole series) and exactly what went down in the log cabin. I got everything that I was hoping for, with the added bonus of some tying together of loose ends regarding Mrs Chalfont/Tremond and Harold Smith etc
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby magicmonkey on Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:52 pm

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:
Did any Brits watch Red Rock West

Yep shocking, the film that made me realise Dennis Hopper was not so hot, yes before Mario bros. Whilst warning people of shame faced pale Lynch impersonations, I gotta mention Fear X, woah, its interesting, its great for the first 30mins then just delves into a pile of crap and wriggles about in it. Basically, there is too much unmotivated action, seriously unmotivated action and it makes you wonder if Hubert Selby jnr still has anything left up top or not or whether he just thought fuck it for the money. Sure, the film maybe wants you to think about this fact, i've been thinking about it for 2 weeks now and still nothing. Its seriously so nearly really good and yet ultimately so crap- not as bad as Lynch jnr's Boxing Helena though, she must have go the contents of his right nut...
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Chief Redcock on Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:12 pm

I like Red Rock West, though it's been a while since I've seen it... I wouldn't go as far as to call John Dahl a Lynch impersonator. Lynch may be an influence, but Dahl has a style all his own and has made some great films... I like the Cage performance in Red Rock.
Chief Redcock
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:20 pm

Chief Redcock wrote:I wouldn't go as far as to call John Dahl a Lynch impersonator.

Neither would I. However, I would go as far as saying that Red Rock West is one of the biggest Lynch ripoffs I've ever seen.

C'mon, it's no accident that the 3 key protagonists are all from previous Lynch works - the music is the kind of twangy guitar stuff that he'd used in Wild at Heart and Twin Peaks. You should watch it again, preferably soon after watching Blue Velvet, Wild at Heart and Series 2 of Twin Peaks (mainly the stuff where James becomes involved in the plot to kill Eveline's husband) - you'll see exactly what I mean!
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby vicious_bastard on Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:49 pm

No love for Eraserhead but mine?!? It is not only my favourite of Lynch's but one of my all time faves. Amazes me every time. I had a poster of Jack/John (?) Nance on my wall when I was a (not particularly) rebellious teenager.
vicious_bastard
AIRWOLF

Postby John-Locke on Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:04 pm

I've never actually seen Red Rock West but I do know that my 16mm Film Teacher always used to complain that U-Turn was a complete rip off of the same story.

The Last Seduction is nothing like a Lynch film so I find it hard to imagine that Dahl would simply Rip him off, Directors don't always have control over Casting and I'm sure that as someone starting off at the time he'd take whatever name actors he could get his hands on.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:13 pm

Hmmm. If anyone could actually provide some evidence that the cast was simply thrown together and happened to end up featuring 3 "Lynchpins", I might entertain the idea, but I can't stress just how obsessed I was with Twin Peaks back in the early 90s. I followed every tidbit about cast members with a religious fanaticism - and so I was well placed to see the sea change which occurred in TV at the time.

ETA: In fact, I went to see the movie as soon as it came out in 92-ish, and enjoyed it a lot. There's no shame in a little Lynch-homage, but I think seeing it as an adult for the first time the other night, made me realise just how and why it appeared on screens when it did.

There were loads of projects that simply wouldn't have seen the light of day if it wasn't for Twin Peaks. The X-Files is one, Northern Exposure is another, and Red Rock West is another.

Again, if there's evidence to the contrary, I'm willing to discuss it, but since nobody seems to have any, I reckon I'll carry on believing the blatantly obvious evidence which is in front of my own eyes. Actual facts would be useful here, but I don't seem to be getting any, despite giving out plenty myself.

Perhaps watching Red Rock West again would be a good idea for those who are intent on disagreeing with this view. I believe it's on either ITV3 or 4 one evening this week, for any interested Brits.

Laughably derivative.
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Carolian on Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:45 am

Bump, because I just saw WILD AT HEART for the first time last night, and I am still reeling from the fucking awesomeness of it. I've only seen that and BLUE VELVET, but those two films have easily catapaulted Lynch into my top 10 directors list.

I had WILD AT HEART recorded on my DVR, and I was hanging out with a couple of my friends. Around 1 AM, there's a lull in conversation, so I put WAH on, saying, "I gotta warn you, I don't know much of anything about this movie." For the next two hours, we were LOST TO THE WORLD. Jesus, best movie I've seen in MONTHS.

"I'M MAKING MY LUNCH!!!!!!!!!"
The whole world's wild at heart and weird on top.

This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom.
Carolian
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby Carolian on Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:46 pm

Bumping with a question: I've got a girl coming over tonight (YES! FINALLY!! NOT ALONE ON A SATURDAY NIGHT!!!) who just bought Lynch's short films on DVD. Now, I've never seen them, and she's never seen ANYTHING by Lynch, so the question I'm posing is this: just how weird ARE the shorts? How good are they, quality-wise? And should I show her "Wild At Heart" before we watch them?

Edit: It just occurred to me that inviting an attractive, single girl over to watch Lynch films has only two possible endings: absolute awesomeness, or one more entry in Kirk's "Best Blowouts" thread.

This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom.
Carolian
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby John-Locke on Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:54 pm

The Shorts aren't really that great quality.

Six Figures getting sick is like an art instalation if I remember correctly. The Alphabet is along similar lines.

The Amputee and The Grandmother are weird and in the Eraserhead vein but honestly they aren't that great either in my opinion, they are really only worth tracking down if you are a Lynch completist and have to see everything he's done.

His Lumiere company short (all 60 seconds of it) is crazy cool but if you have to watch the whole film with the documentary and all the other directors efforts you could be in for the long haul, Lynch's is my favourite of the bunch and a few others are worth watching but still it's for serious film buffs so I suppose it depends on how into her cinema the girl is.

If you have time go and rent Mullholland Drive (I'm assuming you haven't seen it?) that is fucking awesome and if you are lucky the steamy scenes will get her juices flowing and the scary stuff will get her sitting closer to you on the couch.

Good luck dude.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Carolian on Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:00 pm

Nope, haven't seen it yet, but you are a man amongst men, John. The video store it is!

Carolian
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby John-Locke on Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:04 pm

It'll also give you something to talk about and a shared experience, it's one of Lynch's best flicks and it does make sense once you really think about it but not right away, not that it's non lineat narrative has stopped many people from loving and enjoying it, in fact most people never even try and figure it out but it still ranks high on their list of favourite films of all time.

Just don't expect something too much like Wild at Heart, Lynch didn't write that one.

EDIT: Yes he did, the screenplay but not the story.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Carolian on Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:08 pm

Very, very nice. The girl coming over is actually pretty awesome about that sort of thing--she's trying to get an internship with the Independant Film Channel after she graduates, and she's totally into obscure, intelligent movies. Very cool.

I'm sure she'll appreciate Lynch.

(So, wait, did Lynch write "Blue Velvet", then? Those are the only two Lynch films I've seen. To IMDB, and THEN to the video store!)

Carolian
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby John-Locke on Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:12 pm

I think it was just The Straight Story that he didn't have a hand in writing at all, Barry Gifford wrote the novel Wild at Heart that Lynch adapted into a screenplay.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:15 pm

2 things.

1. Enough of all this David Lynch bollox. I'm putting Mulholland Drive on my DVD Rental List. Gonna see what all the fuss is about.

2. Wild At Heart I think is a good fucking way to get a girl all hot and up for 'Wildness' and sex. The sheer heat and passion in that film, on soooooo many levels, not just in sexual ways, is a proper turn on, but the chick has gotta have a level of coolness to her.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Carolian on Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:16 pm

That's the cool part--I think this chick has that level of coolness. Oh, to be young on a Saturday!

On a completely different note, what the hell is "David Lynch's Hotel Room"?! I found it on IMDB while looking for his writing credits...

Maybe I'll watch "The Elephant Man" before she gets here, to get in the Lynch-mood or something.

Carolian
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:24 pm

Have you seen The Elephant Man?

The Elephant Man will turn you into a Niagra Falls of tears!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll be an emotional mess when she comes round!! Unless you wanther to appreciate your sensitive side, and belive me, this will show ALL of it, I, I dunno if this is a good idea.

Would you watch one of your saddest movies before a date? This is what it will be like.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby John-Locke on Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:27 pm

Lost Highway might be a better one to gear up for Mullholland Drive although they are kinda similar in some ways. It also has the same kind of energy as Wild at Heart.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:37 pm

But won't Lost Highway cancel out a lot of Mulholland Drive if it's so similar to what I've heard? Don't wanna ruin a good deal of Mulholland's impact etc. I heard Lost Highway ain't that great, and I'm not bothered about it too much. Should I do it? Yay? Nay?

Also is there a Special Editon of The Elephant Man out there?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Carolian on Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:37 pm

No, I haven't seen "The Elephant Man" before, and I hadn't thought of the "sobbing from emotional exhaustion" factor... maybe I'll just read a bit before she gets here, heh.

Come to think of it, I think I saw "Lost Highway" a loooooooooong time ago, when I was thirteen or so. I had no idea what was going on, and I barely remember anything in it. I just remember that my thirteen-year-old self loved the soundtrack (Rammstein! Smashing Pumpkins! Nine Inch Nails! Marilyn Manson!), so I wanted to see the movie.

Carolian
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby Maui on Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:07 pm

WinslowLeach wrote:I chose Blue Velvet because it was the first Lynch film I ever saw and I found it very easy to watch. It has that twisted Lynch style his die hard fans love AND its also a really cool crime film with great characters esp Dennis Hopper as Frank Booth!

My choice as well. Hopper played his role brilliantly - what a sick twist he was.

This movie really had a funky eerie vibe to it - Lynch's vibe.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:22 pm

The gift of Blue Velvet was no matter how dark and scary and mysterious it was, it was very simple, easy to watch and damn right enjoyable to sit through. Such an addictive film. No wonder the UKers saw it again at Hyde Park last year. I think on original viewing even my Dad got into it and he's hard to engage. He even watched Wild at Heart and wanted to replay Willem Dafoe's shotgun scene. 'Coor play that back again!'
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Seppuku on Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:36 pm

vicious_bastard wrote:No love for Eraserhead but mine?!? It is not only my favourite of Lynch's but one of my all time faves. Amazes me every time. I had a poster of Jack/John (?) Nance on my wall when I was a (not particularly) rebellious teenager.

Que? I was the only one to vote for Eraserhead, something like a year ago. Maybe I clicked on the wrong button or something, just reading the name Lynch gets me feeling a little woozy, but I know I at least meant to vote for it.

Reasons:

1) Morrissey would not have had a haircut if it weren't for this film.

2) So many scenes have seered their way into my brain, it's unhealthy. I know that every time I eat a Kief and the garlic butter starts dripping out, I imagine it's like the blood that came out of the mini-chicken. I don't eat kiefs too often...

3) The song tumour-woman starts singing (In Heaven) is pretty amazing. Someone should cover it one of these days. I even think The Flaming Lips stole the melody and used it in one of their songs (can't remember the title).
Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby tapehead on Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:59 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:
1) Morrissey would not have had a haircut if it weren't for this film.

James Dean

seppukudkurosawa wrote:3) The song tumour-woman starts singing (In Heaven) is pretty amazing. Someone should cover it one of these days. I even think The Flaming Lips stole the melody and used it in one of their songs (can't remember the title).

I always call her the lady in the radiator. I'm not sure if you're kidding - you know the Pixies have covered it live, right? I've heard at least two different bootlegs.
Eraserhead would be in my top three favourite Lynch movies (probably along with Wild at Heart and Blue Velvet) but I can't pick favourites well, so I haven't voted.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:07 pm

Pick Blue Velvet Tape! You saw it with me on a beutiful moonlit night in \hyde Park this time last year. Oh the memories! Oh the MAMMARIES!!!!!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Seppuku on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:09 pm

tapehead wrote:I always call her the lady in the radiator. I'm not sure if you're kidding - you know the Pixies have covered it live, right? I've heard at least two different bootlegs.

My bad- I even remember hearing their version of this too, and just figured it was a b-side or something (though I had seen Eraserhead once, but understandably blanked everything out in my mind save for The Girl Across The Hall's tits...which would still have been enough for me to vote for this movie).

Shit, Bauhaus did a version of the song too...

Tape, do you want to agree to delete your post after I delete this post, so I can edit that comment out and not look like a clueless douche?

:wink:
Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby tapehead on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:15 pm

I will delete said post if you do - the thing about it is that Kim Deal's voice is just so perfect for that song as well - I'd love to track down the recording - probably on a 4AD compilation somewhere.

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Pick Blue Velvet Tape! You saw it with me on a beutiful moonlit night in \hyde Park this time last year. Oh the memories! Oh the MAMMARIES!!!!!

It was a special night, once you had stopped screaming. Oh, how I laughed and laughed.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby wonkabar on Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:04 pm

I gotta go with the floating fat-man
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Puneet on Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:48 pm

i picked mulholland drive,,, crazy lesbo scene
Puneet
Puneet
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby wonkabar on Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:56 pm

wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby instant_karma on Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:13 pm

Only one other person voted for The Straight Story.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. There are many fine films on that list and I found it tough to choose, but still...
instant_karma
Comes in 4 exciting flavours

Postby Fawst on Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:59 pm

I went with Dune because as far as I know, it's the only Lynch I've actually seen. I remember seeing the little freaky dude who wound up on Carnivale talking backwards about a formica table in Twin Peaks. That's all I remember of Twin Peaks.

I started watching Lost Highway, but it was late, I was tired and I fell asleep.

Oh, and I thought that the guy who played the trippy doctor with the insanely hot assistant in Alias (when he did memory regression therapy with lots of drugs on Sydney) was Lynch, but it turned out to be Cronenberg. Oops.
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chilli on Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:00 pm

Blue Velvet. Fucked up to say the least, but very well-made.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:06 am

Fawst wrote:I went with Dune because as far as I know, it's the only Lynch I've actually seen.

You know paisan, the Dino, he's always a liked a you, eh?

Heheheheh....
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby The Vicar on Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:29 am

Chilli wrote:Blue Velvet. Fucked up to say the least, but very well-made.

Dennis Hopper on the gas is classic shit.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:41 pm

David Lynch's iPhone commercial.

Talk about a financially secure with corporate-sponsored opinions... :roll:
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby wonkabar on Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:43 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:
Fawst wrote:I went with Dune because as far as I know, it's the only Lynch I've actually seen.

You know paisan, the Dino, he's always a liked a you, eh?

Heheheheh....

IPAMPILASH!

MasterWhedon wrote:David Lynch's iPhone commercial.

Talk about a financially secure with corporate-sponsored opinions... :roll:

That was pretty funny actually....

I just wish the backwards-French-speaking dwarf popped out from behind the curtain
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby unikrunk on Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:51 pm

"Thiiiis is a foooormica tbl. Greeeen is its clr.

I like a lot of his stuff, Wild at Heart has always been my favorite. So many great fucking moments.

"Them's making a porno movie...Texas style"

"I would like to apologize for referring to you gentlemen as homosexuals'.

Plus, all the Wizard of Oz shit is fun.

To my mind, it's the last film he made where he was not trying to make a 'Lynch' film. Everything since, even my beloved Twin Peaks, is trying to hard.
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DaleTremont on Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:53 pm

I have to admit, Lost Highway kinda...lost me. Interest-wise I mean. (Well, content-wise, too.) I'm gonna try to watch it again, get through it all and see if it doesn't do more for me the second time.

Mulholland Drive has to be one of the most well-made, multi-layered Lynch movies. I get something new out of it every time I watch, it's the perfect neo-noir, and one of my favorite portrayals of Los Angeles.

Then again, I get all my pervy rocks off watching Wild At Heart. One of the most exuberant love stories out there, too. (And someone mentioned the most excellent line "Howdya like to take a bite of this peach?")
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:17 pm

DaleTremont wrote:(And someone mentioned the most excellent line "Howdya like to take a bite of this peach?")

my ears are burning...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

PreviousNext

Return to Director Discussion