Uwe Boll Must Be Stopped! (Now w/ Free Gum!)

Which director made the best films, made the best visuals, or smelled the best? This is the forum to find out.

Which method of Boll torture would be best?

Drawn and quartered
0
No votes
Hung by his nutsack
20
39%
Bashed with a mace
2
4%
Dragged over broken glass
4
8%
Spaghetti Western style beating
7
14%
Head or Nuts crushed in a vice
6
12%
Chinese Water torture
6
12%
Placed in Pirahna tank
6
12%
 
Total votes : 51

Postby Stemjsim on Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:26 am

papalazeru wrote:Yeah...I'm thinking we have the same fan split over 2 people too.

Bolls balls are big but it iare inversely proportional to his film making talent.


God I would have to be pretty sad to do that. No I am not 1 person split into 2 posters. I take it you cannot get it through your head that 2 people would come on here and NOT slag Boll off. Just because I do not share the same opinion of Boll as you or others does not make my comment any less valid.

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:To tell the truth, I have no bloody clue about who Uwe Boll is, I've seen none of his films so I don't know if they're good or bad, and I can't see why he gets so much fuss over in this place.




Anyway I notice that Kirk has now admitted that he has not seen any of Bolls films at all. So why is he showing all this hate??? How many people on this thread have seen all of Bolls films?? I have seen all but HotD. Or are people just submitting to "peer" pressure to slag off Boll without seeing his films just because the "cool kids" do?
Stemjsim
TOMBOY BEANPOLE
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:52 am

Postby RaulMonkey on Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:31 am

I've never seen a Uwe Boll movie due to the near unanimous critical condemnation he's received, and the movies just don't look very good to me. I don't think I've ever made a snide remark about Boll, but I believe that there is something fueling the frustration that a lot of movie fans feel towards him.
Image
User avatar
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR
 
Posts: 3396
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:12 am
Location: YYC

Postby Stemjsim on Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:52 am

I rarely listen to critics. I find that too any of the are up their own arses, that they walk into films having already written the review in their heads. I tend to give each film the benefit of the doubt and watch without deciding if I am going to like it or not.

I like films!!! All of them! Without watching the truely terrible you cannot appreciate the sublime. Without the bad you cannot judge the good.
Stemjsim
TOMBOY BEANPOLE
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:52 am

Postby RaulMonkey on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:02 am

Fair enough, Stem. I think you're absolutely right. I think that one should always strive to just let a movie work on them, free of preconceptions. And that overall one should avoid allying themselves with either high brow or low brow movies. You shouldn't hate something just because everybody else hates it, but at the same time you shouldn't like something just because everybody else hates it. Both ways you're a poseur. It's best to just know yourself and what you like, and let the cards fall where they may.

I should watch at least one Uwe Boll movie to really have an opinion on his stuff.
User avatar
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR
 
Posts: 3396
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:12 am
Location: YYC

Postby Stemjsim on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:12 am

Thats the idea, if you watch one and dislike it then that is fair enough, by the same token if it works for you then it does. I really did not want to watch Brokeback Mountain because I really didn't like what I assued it would be about, but I was convinced by a worker in my local Rental Shop and lo and behold I enjoyed it for what it was.
Stemjsim
TOMBOY BEANPOLE
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:52 am

Postby papalazeru on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:33 am

I'm sorry if it feels like you are being ganged up on.

Uwe has hurt alot of people with films that ;should' be better than what they are. He's taken some great gaming franchises and turned them into what most people see as stinkers.

I had to see Bloodrayne because it was voted one of the worst films ever made....and I agree, it is a stinker. Hardly worth entertainment. Bloodrayne, given the wonderful story of the game, could have been deep and interesting but Boll turned it into a student film with famous people. They didn't even do their lines very well.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11474
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Postby Boll_KG on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:35 am

Hey Stemjsim,

Do not let them get you down man. I thought I was the only fan here but I see you to.

We are in numbers here now. The films of Uwe will be remembered forever, he is misunderstood and in future will be talked about in schools. Like Ed Wood.
Uve plays by no-one's rules but his own. You sink you know Uve?....sink again!
Boll_KG
MONKEY BUTLER
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:01 pm

Postby papalazeru on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:37 am

Oh god the other one's back.

Look, his films sucked. He's going to be remembered in film schools in the 'how not to make a film' 101 class. What is it with you people? Have you every seen a good film?

Right...here's a word of advice. Watch your little Boll films...then step back, close your eyes, take a breath, open your eyes again and....what do you see?

Yes, thats right....a piece of shit.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11474
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Postby RaulMonkey on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:37 am

Ed Wood may be talked about in schools, but that's because PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE is universally recognized as--quote/unquote--"one of the worst films ever made."
Image
User avatar
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR
 
Posts: 3396
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:12 am
Location: YYC

Postby papalazeru on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:39 am

Yeah but Uwe takes it as the worst Director/Producer/anything.

Maybe not the worst Boxer though.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11474
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Postby Boll_KG on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:40 am

Hah. You know Uwe would kick your ass in a fight, that is why would retreat like that.

Plan 9 from outer space is also a film known to be misunderstood. In Germany, it is in high regard.
Uve plays by no-one's rules but his own. You sink you know Uve?....sink again!
Boll_KG
MONKEY BUTLER
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:01 pm

Postby RaulMonkey on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:41 am

For serious? Al, is this true?
Image
User avatar
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR
 
Posts: 3396
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:12 am
Location: YYC

Postby banthafodderUK on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:43 am

RaulMonkey wrote:Ed Wood may be talked about in schools, but that's because PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE is universally recognized as--quote/unquote--"one of the worst films ever made."


FRIGGIN' A MAN!
8)
Image
wii code 0186 4330 3469 8398 use it mofo's!
User avatar
banthafodderUK
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2116
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:54 am
Location: Grays - Essex!!! Yeaaahhh!

Postby Boll_KG on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:46 am

Yes its true. In Berlin where I studied years ago, Plan 9 from outer space was one of the films that we had to watch.

I prefer something more physical, more action.

OK. I must go now. Getting ready for New years celebrations tonight :D

Happy New Year people and I hope in the New year you will find some love for Boll or he is going to box you all.

Ha ha ha.
Boll_KG
MONKEY BUTLER
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:01 pm

Postby Stemjsim on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:49 am

Ok I never claimed to be a FAN of Uwe Boll or his films. All I have stated is that his films are not as bad as everyone has made out (with the exception of AitD that was a truely woeful film).

Just because I enjoy watching trashy films does not mean I cannot watch the classics or any other film.

So papalazeru have you ever watched a Boll film? If you have the fair enough, but, if you haven't then you do not know what you are talking about.
Stemjsim
TOMBOY BEANPOLE
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:52 am

Postby Al Shut on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:50 am

Boll_KG wrote:Hah. You know Uwe would kick your ass in a fight, that is why would retreat like that.

Plan 9 from outer space is also a film known to be misunderstood. In Germany, it is in high regard.


RaulMonkey wrote:For serious? Al, is this true?


I'm always hesitant to speak for the whole country but from where I stand I would say it's publicly unknown and the people who do know it do so as the worst movie of all time. Which gives it some cult status and is by the way the reason I saw it.

BUt I never heard/read anything of misunderstood or high regard.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
User avatar
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER
 
Posts: 6193
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:57 pm
Location: Oberhausen, Germany

Postby RaulMonkey on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:55 am

Ohh! How do you respond to that, KG?

I could totally see watching PLAN 9 in a film class, I mean, it has historical significance, but did your prof actually go into why it was an example of good filmmaking?
Image
User avatar
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR
 
Posts: 3396
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:12 am
Location: YYC

Postby Al Shut on Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:01 am

When reading my post above note that I didn't study film, know nobody who does/did and the cosest I've ever been to a movie set was half a mile (because they were shooting that far from my home)
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
User avatar
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER
 
Posts: 6193
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:57 pm
Location: Oberhausen, Germany

Postby papalazeru on Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:08 am

Stemjsim wrote:Ok I never claimed to be a FAN of Uwe Boll or his films. All I have stated is that his films are not as bad as everyone has made out (with the exception of AitD that was a truely woeful film).

Just because I enjoy watching trashy films does not mean I cannot watch the classics or any other film.

So papalazeru have you ever watched a Boll film? If you have the fair enough, but, if you haven't then you do not know what you are talking about.


Just to prove a point, I sat down and watched Bloodrayne yesterday. I had to prove this cracker wrong....I'm pleased to report that I was right, it had some of the worst cuts, worst directiong and worst acting I had seen in a long time.

It stank....big time.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11474
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Postby RaulMonkey on Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:09 am

LOL--I'm sorry, "Corn Shakes." Hehehehehhuhhuh.
Image
User avatar
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR
 
Posts: 3396
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:12 am
Location: YYC

Postby Stemjsim on Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:23 am

papalazeru wrote:
Stemjsim wrote:Ok I never claimed to be a FAN of Uwe Boll or his films. All I have stated is that his films are not as bad as everyone has made out (with the exception of AitD that was a truely woeful film).

Just because I enjoy watching trashy films does not mean I cannot watch the classics or any other film.

So papalazeru have you ever watched a Boll film? If you have the fair enough, but, if you haven't then you do not know what you are talking about.


Just to prove a point, I sat down and watched Bloodrayne yesterday. I had to prove this cracker wrong....I'm pleased to report that I was right, it had some of the worst cuts, worst directiong and worst acting I had seen in a long time.

It stank....big time.


IN YOUR OPINION

oh and do not call me a cracker thats not nice and you may hurt my feelings. :shock:

Fair do's though for sitting down and watching Bloodrayne. Shame you went in with pre-conceived notions of how bad the film would be and were actively looking for the Bad stuff rather than just watching the film.

But, and here is a biggy, was Bloodrayne the worst film you have ever seen or was it just a big shit of a film that you didn't like? Cause I'm telling you now I have seen far, far worse films than that.
Stemjsim
TOMBOY BEANPOLE
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:52 am

Postby papalazeru on Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:32 am

Stemjsim wrote:
papalazeru wrote:[quote= "Stemjsim"]Ok I never claimed to be a FAN of Uwe Boll or his films. All I have stated is that his films are not as bad as everyone has made out (with the exception of AitD that was a truely woeful film).

Just because I enjoy watching trashy films does not mean I cannot watch the classics or any other film.

So papalazeru have you ever watched a Boll film? If you have the fair enough, but, if you haven't then you do not know what you are talking about.


Just to prove a point, I sat down and watched Bloodrayne yesterday. I had to prove this cracker wrong....I'm pleased to report that I was right, it had some of the worst cuts, worst directiong and worst acting I had seen in a long time.

It stank....big time.

Stemjsim wrote:IN YOUR OPINION

oh and do not call me a cracker thats not nice and you may hurt my feelings. :shock:

Fair do's though for sitting down and watching Bloodrayne. Shame you went in with pre-conceived notions of how bad the film would be and were actively looking for the Bad stuff rather than just watching the film.

But, and here is a biggy, was Bloodrayne the worst film you have ever seen or was it just a big shit of a film that you didn't like? Cause I'm telling you now I have seen far, far worse films than that.

[/quote]
I'm sorry Stem, I didn't mean you. I meant that to Boll_KG.

I've seen alot of films which I thought were going to stink and have actually been better because of it, you don't come away feeling cheapened. When a film like Bloodrayne comes along and you are expecting the bottom of the barrel stuff you sit down and half want it to be so bad its good but its just so bad its BAD. You want Mystery Science Theatre 3000 people to sit down and dub the whole film.

I saw superman expecting something wonderful and I was left feeling really sour, so I think its better to expect nothing and come away feeling suprised.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11474
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Postby Stemjsim on Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:41 am

Cool man, no problems. You are right enough about expectations affecting your view of a film though and I agree with you on the scraping the bottom of the barrel stuff. It's why these movies are a Friday night Drinking fodder for me, I don't want to watch a masterpiece when I am getting drunk so I watch something that can be forgotten as soon as it is finished. Boll's films are not the only ones that this applies too either.

Anyway the only reason I am taking this stance is mainly down to the fact that there was noone else who was and I don't like to see someone getting a kicking without at least some sort of defence :roll: . I will however say that if you look at Boll's films they are actually getting slightly better as they go on. You never know, in 40 years he may actually make a film I wont be able to watch while I am drinking :shock:
Stemjsim
TOMBOY BEANPOLE
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:52 am

Postby banthafodderUK on Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:42 am

UWE BOLL- raped my childhood!!!!!!!!!
Image
wii code 0186 4330 3469 8398 use it mofo's!
User avatar
banthafodderUK
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2116
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:54 am
Location: Grays - Essex!!! Yeaaahhh!

Postby banthafodderUK on Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:43 am

Stemjsim wrote:Cool man, no problems. You are right enough about expectations affecting your view of a film though and I agree with you on the scraping the bottom of the barrel stuff. It's why these movies are a Friday night Drinking fodder for me, I don't want to watch a masterpiece when I am getting drunk so I watch something that can be forgotten as soon as it is finished. Boll's films are not the only ones that this applies too either.

Anyway the only reason I am taking this stance is mainly down to the fact that there was noone else who was and I don't like to see someone getting a kicking without at least some sort of defence :roll: . I will however say that if you look at Boll's films they are actually getting slightly better as they go on. You never know, in 40 years he may actually make a film I wont be able to watch while I am drinking :shock:


dont use the word 'FODDER' lightly son!!!!!!!!!

;)
Image
wii code 0186 4330 3469 8398 use it mofo's!
User avatar
banthafodderUK
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2116
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:54 am
Location: Grays - Essex!!! Yeaaahhh!

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:48 am

Wow, this thread really exploded. You know, you have to wonder if real directors (like Boll) ever come hre and read what we have to say, or perhaps even join the Zone. I mean, who else would support him so vehemently?
User avatar
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT
 
Posts: 5588
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:00 am
Location: Gotham City

Postby papalazeru on Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:59 am

I have a feeling its a pl4nt.

Do you know what Uwe's company is called?

Look on Imdb....

IMDB wrote:As a child, he produced a number of short films on Super 8 and video before beginning his studies as a film director in Munich and Vienna. He also studied literature and economics in Cologne and Siegen. Uwe graduated from university in 1995 with a doctorate in literature. From 1995-2000, he was a producer and director with Taunus Film-Produktions GmbH. Boll is currently Chief Executive Officer of Boll Filmproduction and Distribution GmbH which he founded in 1992. In 2000 he founded Boll KG and continues to direct, write and produce feature films.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11474
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Postby Stemjsim on Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:02 am

Nachokoolaid wrote:Wow, this thread really exploded. You know, you have to wonder if real directors (like Boll) ever come hre and read what we have to say, or perhaps even join the Zone. I mean, who else would support him so vehemently?


Some vehemently supporting someone??? Is that the same as all the lucas fanboys sucking his cock or the firefly fans sucking whedons knob. I think you'll find that most well known film makers have support in some form or another.
Stemjsim
TOMBOY BEANPOLE
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:52 am

Postby papalazeru on Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:03 am

Stemjsim wrote:
Nachokoolaid wrote:Wow, this thread really exploded. You know, you have to wonder if real directors (like Boll) ever come hre and read what we have to say, or perhaps even join the Zone. I mean, who else would support him so vehemently?


Some vehemently supporting someone??? Is that the same as all the lucas fanboys sucking his cock or the firefly fans sucking whedons knob. I think you'll find that most well known film makers have support in some form or another.


Its not the same because Star Wars and firefly are cool and good.

:lol:
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
User avatar
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!
 
Posts: 11474
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 am

Postby Stemjsim on Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:36 am

papalazeru wrote:
Stemjsim wrote:
Nachokoolaid wrote:Wow, this thread really exploded. You know, you have to wonder if real directors (like Boll) ever come hre and read what we have to say, or perhaps even join the Zone. I mean, who else would support him so vehemently?


Some vehemently supporting someone??? Is that the same as all the lucas fanboys sucking his cock or the firefly fans sucking whedons knob. I think you'll find that most well known film makers have support in some form or another.


Its not the same because Star Wars and firefly are cool and good.

:lol:


There we go. That there is the reason Boll, Bay, Ratner and others are disliked so much because they are not perceived as being cool. Well cool can fuck off, I prefer not to follow the rest of the sheep and choose what I like and do not like myself thank you very much. Cool is not the reason I go see movies. I have different needs for what movie I watch and when I watch it, everything has it's place in the world and as stated before if these uncool people were so bad, how the hell do they keep making movies???

As for the comment that Boll raped someones childhood that is just sick. bringing up rape when talking about a Film maker is just sick. Rape is not something to be taken lightly or used in a snide remark, that is neither big nor clever and I hope that Banthfodder never has anyone close to him go through that ordeal. That was beneath you, it was uncalled for and I hope you think twice before saying something like that again.
Stemjsim
TOMBOY BEANPOLE
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:52 am

Postby tapehead on Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:44 am

The rape joke is an ancient AICN George Lucas in-joke, pretty well known in 'fanboy' circles generally, surprised you have never heard it.

-so, you got that one completely wrong.

this thread just goes round and around in circles *yawn*
User avatar
tapehead
BALLS!!!
 
Posts: 9427
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:13 pm
Location: OZ

Postby Stemjsim on Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:53 am

tapehead wrote:The rape joke is an ancient AICN George Lucas in-joke, pretty well known in 'fanboy' circles generally, surprised you have never heard it.

-so, you got that one completely wrong.

this thread just goes round and around in circles *yawn*


well if thats what an in-joke in 'fanboy' circles is I'm proud to say I am not a 'fanboy' nor will I ever be if that is the kind of thing 'fanboys' find amusing. Rape is not nor will it ever be a joke

As for the thread going round in circles that is because everyone has an opinion on Boll which won't be changed so the same things keep getting brought up over and over. Just because people think that Boll does not deserve to make films does not mean that he should not make them. If he can keep raising money to finance them and release them then more power to him. It's not as if anyone can stop him is it. All this arguing and WE HATE BOLL stuff does is make him more well known. As it was once said there is no such thing as bad publicity
Stemjsim
TOMBOY BEANPOLE
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:52 am

Postby Seppuku on Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:05 am

Dude nobody's saying George Lucas bent our childhoods over and inserted Li'l Indy into our nubile young buttocks', we're just ripping into over-reacting fanboys.

Rape is also a type of seed.

Anyway Stemcell, I kinda half-agree with you in concept. I watch more than my fair share of shit, it's just Uwe Boll likes to use every half-assed trailer technique and throw them all in at once, Michael Bay style. I mean it's fair enough wanting to watch Battlefield Earth or something for shits and giggles, but Uwe Boll's movies give me a headache at the end of it.


If he had a Slyrony about himself and realised some of his movies were z-grade monstrosities, then maybe he'd get less shit, but he doesn't. If you watched that interview where he called out Quint, you'd know what I mean. The guy genuinely thinks his movies are good. Not "let's get parylitic and stare at a screen" good, but "where's my Director's Guild award" good.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Image
User avatar
Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION
 
Posts: 7872
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:52 am
Location: Limeyland

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:26 am

Stemjsim wrote:I have different needs


we call 'em "special" needs...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
User avatar
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 9407
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:14 am
Location: Blacktionville

Postby Stemjsim on Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:21 am

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:
Stemjsim wrote:I have different needs


we call 'em "special" needs...


Oh you a funny man/woman.
Stemjsim
TOMBOY BEANPOLE
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:52 am

Postby Stemjsim on Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:29 am

seppukudkurosawa wrote:Dude nobody's saying George Lucas bent our childhoods over and inserted Li'l Indy into our nubile young buttocks', we're just ripping into over-reacting fanboys.

Rape is also a type of seed.

Anyway Stemcell, I kinda half-agree with you in concept. I watch more than my fair share of shit, it's just Uwe Boll likes to use every half-assed trailer technique and throw them all in at once, Michael Bay style. I mean it's fair enough wanting to watch Battlefield Earth or something for shits and giggles, but Uwe Boll's movies give me a headache at the end of it.


If he had a Slyrony about himself and realised some of his movies were z-grade monstrosities, then maybe he'd get less shit, but he doesn't. If you watched that interview where he called out Quint, you'd know what I mean. The guy genuinely thinks his movies are good. Not "let's get parylitic and stare at a screen" good, but "where's my Director's Guild award" good.


I know rape is a kind of seed, but it was not said in that manner. I am aware Boll beleives his movies are better than they are but that is not what is being discussed here, if ol Boll is delusional then thats up to him. I am sure he sets out to make the best film he can and truely thinks he has succeeded. It seems to me that most people dislike Boll more than his movies cause lets face it, the majority of people slagging him off will not have seen his movies. The very fact he cannot see that his movies are not that good seems to piss people off more than everything else put together.
Stemjsim
TOMBOY BEANPOLE
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:52 am

Postby tapehead on Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:36 am

Hey Stemjsim, let it go buddy, It's new Year's eve, or very nearly - take a break, go drink a few beers, let Uwe Boll worry about his own damn self for a while and, you know, look the future with hope and optimism, if only just for today

Happeee Noooooo Yeeeeeaaaaaahs!


:mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol::mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
User avatar
tapehead
BALLS!!!
 
Posts: 9427
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:13 pm
Location: OZ

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:42 am

To everyone



-


except Uwe Boll.
User avatar
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower
 
Posts: 16585
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:49 am

Postby tapehead on Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:46 am

Nope, even that kooky, boxing, game-to-film making freaky German Dude, Uwe Boll

everyone, its time to start drinkining




OOH YEAHHHHHRSSSS!!!!111!1!!!!!

I'm outeys, yo.
User avatar
tapehead
BALLS!!!
 
Posts: 9427
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:13 pm
Location: OZ

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:50 am

Pour me a bushfire.
User avatar
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower
 
Posts: 16585
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:49 am

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:31 pm

So Kirk, I'm beginning to lose count. How many different Zone IDs do you have now? 4? 5? 6? We're starting to lose count. I like how you come in here and argue with yourself every once in a while though.
User avatar
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT
 
Posts: 5588
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:00 am
Location: Gotham City

Postby Dilbert_27 on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:34 pm

Hey, man. That Kirk guy isn't the only one with alternate IDs11!

BTW the AICN style board is ass. Ewww...
User avatar
Dilbert_27
GLIB
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:58 pm

Postby Seppuku on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:50 pm

Dilbert...I thought you quit, or was that Dilbert_23?
Dale Tremont Presents...

Image
User avatar
Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION
 
Posts: 7872
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:52 am
Location: Limeyland

Postby pheadx on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:54 pm

van sants psycho is a cinematic essay
pheadx
STEAK-A-BABY
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm

Postby The Garbage Man on Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:28 pm

My breakfast was a culinary essay.

Your point?
User avatar
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:27 pm
Location: The Big Blue Velour Marble

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:22 pm

Retardo_Montalban wrote: "Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that! "

That's a quote from a good movie


I love you.
User avatar
ONeillSG1
ADAMA
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:23 am
Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby havocSchultz on Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:57 am

Stemjsim wrote:
Keepcoolbutcare wrote:
Stemjsim wrote:I have different needs


we call 'em "special" needs...


Oh you a funny man/woman.



Hahahahhaa...


That's the same thing I said to KCBC when I met him/her as well...



Actually, it was the 2nd thing...

The 1st thing was "I don't think both of us can fit in these pants..."





And BloodRayne made my eyes puke...

Madsen was fucking useless...Kinglsey was slumming in a kinda ThunderBirds, A Sound of Thunder type craptacular way...

Loken looked like a drunk mime in all her fight scenes...and Michelle Rodriguez acted like Michelle Rodriguez...

The action scenes were cut/shot like the director forgot that there were actually action scenes being cut/shot...

The blood/gore was excessive, pointless, and done better on most straight-to-dvd films...

And as a whole - I've been able to make more sense out of the weird clicking language in "The Gods Must be Crazy" then the so-called plot of BloodRayne...

I hope that settles and satisifes any and all misconceptions about the quality of this film...





Retardo_Montalban wrote:
tapehead wrote:
Wolfpack wrote:Personally, I think we should take an open jar, place a rat in in it, and put that jar with the open end over Boll's face. Then we should take a lighter to the other end of the jar so that the rat will have to chew its way through Boll's face in order to avoid getting cooked.


Was your inspiration 1984, or American Psycho?


Missing In Action




I was thinking 2 Fast 2 Furious...
User avatar
havocSchultz
is full of stars...
 
Posts: 15695
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:46 am
Location: living amongst a hazy nothing...

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:51 am

gofuckyourself Boll_KG, especially if you're me.

cuntface.
User avatar
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower
 
Posts: 16585
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:49 am

Postby Wolfpack on Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:11 am

About the rat jar thing - I have no idea from whence my evil springs.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
User avatar
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2712
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:48 am
Location: Asheville, NC

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:21 pm

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/inthenameoftheking/

WHO KEEPS GIVING THE GUY MONEY TO DO THIS?!?!


IS IT YOU?
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13930
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

PreviousNext

Return to Director Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest