QT: The Man, The Myth, The Foot-Fetishist.

Which director made the best films, made the best visuals, or smelled the best? This is the forum to find out.

Re: QT: The Man, The Myth, The Foot-Fetishist.

Postby The Vicar on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:07 pm

Ribbons wrote:. And The Three Musketeers 3D one of the best films of the year, huh? That list is... weird.

QT's taste is in his ass. Hugo's not in his Top 11 list, but The Three Musketeers shit fest is?
Epic fail.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby so sorry on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:00 pm

The Vicar wrote:
Ribbons wrote:. And The Three Musketeers 3D one of the best films of the year, huh? That list is... weird.

QT's taste is in his ass. Hugo's not in his Top 11 list, but The Three Musketeers shit fest is?
Epic fail.

He's just being "quirky".
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Al Shut on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:47 am

I wonder what would happen if you watch all these movies, especially checking for the presence or absence of feet.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Spandau Belly on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:04 am

MUSKETEERS features some of his homeboys, Waltz and Schweiger. In fact, I don't think Quinty's buddy, Christoph Waltz was in a movie that didn't make it on that list somewhere. He even put THE GREEN HORNET on there.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Al Shut on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:21 pm

How could he miss Water for Elephants?
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Spandau Belly on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:44 pm

I guess that one slipped his mind, or maybe putting 4 Waltz movies on his list felt excessive, even for Quinty. Or maybe he just needed to leave some room for Brad Pitt and Michael Fassbender.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheButcher on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:05 am

Classic Movies that Influenced Quentin Tarantino

Sandy Lucas wrote:
Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein’ - 1948
As a five year old, Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein was Tarantino’s favorite movie. “The spookiest laugh fest on record” was named one of the top 100 funniest films of all time by Reader’s Digest, the first in a series where the inept comedy duo met Universal’s classic monsters. The pair play deliverymen charged with depositing Dracula and Frankenstein's monster at their final resting place: a wax museum. But the monsters revolt, and try to snatch Lou's brain. Tarantino credits the film with teaching him that horror and comedy can overlap, often with stunning results. He has described his own Kill Bill as “Funny. Solemn. Beautiful. Gross. All at the same time."

‘Rio Bravo’ - 1959
A small-town Texas sheriff (John Wayne) enlists a drunk (Dean Martin), a kid (Ricky Nelson) and a dyspeptic old man to help him fight off a ruthless cattle baron. Tarantino has cited this film, directed by Howard Hawks, as his favorite movie of all time. “When I’m getting serious about a girl, I show her Rio Bravo and she better $@#&*%! like it.” One of the many films Tarantino references in his screenplay True Romance.(Bonus: Dean and Ricky sing too!)

'His Girl Friday' - 1940
Cary Grant does everything he can to sabotage his ex-wife’s plans to marry a bland insurance salesman in Howard Hawks’ screwball comedy. Rosalind Russell co-stars as a spitfire newspaper reporter and Grant’s ex-wife. Tarantino has admitted to being strongly influenced by writer Ben Hecht’s snappy dialogue, in the second film made from Hecht’s successful stage play. On the first page of his Pulp Fiction screenplay, Tarantino describes two characters talking “in rapid-fire motion like His Girl Friday.”
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:03 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Previous

Return to Director Discussion