The Venture Brothers: The Best Half-Hour On TV

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Re: The Venture Brothers: The Best Half-Hour On TV

Postby DerLanghaarige on Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:42 pm

Do you mean "The Terrible Secret Of Turtle Bay" or "Dia de los dangerous"? "Dangerous" has at least the best Brock-rage ever!
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby SugarSkull on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Do you boys know the episode "the buddy system"? is Hanks friend Brocks son?!? I cant remember the kids name but hes a big blond guy. him and his mom talk about his dad at the end of the episode. I think there talking about Brock!

season 3 episode 5
SugarSkull
GLIB

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:24 pm

That's the way I always interpreted it.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Pacino86845 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:22 am

It's definitely Brock's kid.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby DerLanghaarige on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:33 am

Pacino86845 wrote:It's definitely Brock's kid.

I wouldn't say "definitely". So far everything points at it, but his mom never said Brock's name. So maybe Jackson and Doc just want to make us think that he is Brock's son and in the Season finale we learn that he is somebody elses son.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Pacino86845 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:42 am

Speaking of seasons, what's going on with season 4? It seems like I've been waiting forever for that to show up on DVD, is the season even over yet? I've been dying to watch it, the ending to season 3 was awesome!
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby King Psyz on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:35 am

SugarSkull wrote:Do you boys know the episode "the buddy system"? is Hanks friend Brocks son?!? I cant remember the kids name but hes a big blond guy. him and his mom talk about his dad at the end of the episode. I think there talking about Brock!

season 3 episode 5

For some reason I thought it was Sgt. Hatred'skid... not sure why.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby DerLanghaarige on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:01 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:Speaking of seasons, what's going on with season 4? It seems like I've been waiting forever for that to show up on DVD, is the season even over yet? I've been dying to watch it, the ending to season 3 was awesome!

All the answers you need are in this post at Jackson Publick's Blog
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:11 pm

DerLanghaarige wrote:Do you mean "The Terrible Secret Of Turtle Bay" or "Dia de los dangerous"? "Dangerous" has at least the best Brock-rage ever!

Sorry, with the page jump, I didn't notice you were talking to me. I'm definitely referring to "Dangerous." That episode, from the opening card game, to Brock rise from the grave to annihilate Monarch's henchmen was nothing short of a miracle of animated TV.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Bean on Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:43 pm

Anyone know of a site to watch the new season? Classes forced me to miss out this season...email me! mciccone at sjcme.edu
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby Nachokoolaid on Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:43 pm

Are you talking about the second half of season 4? If so, it got delayed and we probably won't see anything until August, at least.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby bastard_robo on Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:24 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:Are you talking about the second half of season 4? If so, it got delayed and we probably won't see anything until August, at least.

I think that was the plan all along.. Split the season..

only problem is fucking adult swim waits a yearto show 12 measly episodes that cost nothing of any of their original shows..
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby DerLanghaarige on Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:59 am

bastard_robo wrote:only problem is fucking adult swim waits a yearto show 12 measly episodes that cost nothing of any of their original shows..

From Jackson's Blog:
Jackson Publick wrote:but don't blame the network. They couldn't get it on much sooner than that if they tried. Why? Because we suck. I know...when we split the season into two halves last year we promised to have the second half on by spring or early summer of this year. But we got a later start on these episodes than we originally intended. Suffice to say neither half of Season 4 has been easy to produce... [...] Back in November, I wrote that we were working on our script for the season finale. And that was true...we ended up turning it in, just before Christmas, several weeks late. But over the break, Doc and I took another look at it and we weren't 100% happy with it. Despite being a good script (and well-received by the network), we just didn't feel right about ending a 16 episode season with a single half hour episode. Especially not one that, despite cutting a bunch of stuff we loved, we'd over-written to the point that it would have to suffer massive cuts in the editing process...
So we called the network and asked them if they'd give us the time and money to take the script back and turn it into a one-hour special. And they said yes.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby bastard_robo on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:28 am

DerLanghaarige wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:only problem is fucking adult swim waits a yearto show 12 measly episodes that cost nothing of any of their original shows..

From Jackson's Blog:
Jackson Publick wrote:but don't blame the network. They couldn't get it on much sooner than that if they tried. Why? Because we suck. I know...when we split the season into two halves last year we promised to have the second half on by spring or early summer of this year. But we got a later start on these episodes than we originally intended. Suffice to say neither half of Season 4 has been easy to produce... [...] Back in November, I wrote that we were working on our script for the season finale. And that was true...we ended up turning it in, just before Christmas, several weeks late. But over the break, Doc and I took another look at it and we weren't 100% happy with it. Despite being a good script (and well-received by the network), we just didn't feel right about ending a 16 episode season with a single half hour episode. Especially not one that, despite cutting a bunch of stuff we loved, we'd over-written to the point that it would have to suffer massive cuts in the editing process...
So we called the network and asked them if they'd give us the time and money to take the script back and turn it into a one-hour special. And they said yes.

I'm tits excited about the hr final. but Adult Swim STILL TAKES A YEAR for almost all of their goddamn shows to move a season. I realize they spread out the shows, but that's still not a fucking excuse..
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:56 pm

Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:35 pm

Looks like a blast. One of the best (and most consistent) shows on TV. Hopefully we'll be getting larger doses of Brock Sampson. Every time he's heavily featured in an episode, it seems better.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Nice Marmot on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:55 pm

I can't remember, does he still have Helper's head embedded in his chest? Awesome Tony Stark homage . . .
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby Bloo on Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:30 am

Nice Marmot wrote:I can't remember, does he still have Helper's head embedded in his chest? Awesome Tony Stark homage . . .

HELPr was sent back in the first episode of the last season where we first see that image (or before we see that image or however it worked)
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:23 pm

Got this today from an [adult swim] UK promoter. It's a little promotion-y but we have enough Venture Bros fans in here that I thought it was worth a post.

Exclusive new 'Venture Bros' video content from [adult swim] UK

With the new series of Venture Bros making it's way to adultswim.co.uk it seemed only right to investigate with the only team that we knew... But by the time they hit the Venture Compound, mystery-solving was getting a little old for the Scooby gang...

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=417024206764

To see more of this kind of twisted genius, check out http://www.facebook.com/adultswimuk - From Robot Chicken through to Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Metalocalypse, [adult swim] it's the home of pretty much everything you should (and shouldn’t) find funny.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Nice Marmot on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:26 pm

Where is everyone? We have 2 new episodes under out belts!
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby BuckyO'harre on Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:34 pm

Col. Gathers has become my favorite character.

"Well my boot wants to join up with your ass,and I'm about to throw 'em a shotgun wedding.Now beat it!This ain't the Honeycomb fucking Hideout,and we ain't hirin' junior G-men!"
Thank you, Zoners, for the kindness, tolerance, and enlightenment you've shared with me. It may not have been deserved, but it was greatly appreciated nonetheless. Soupy twist.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DerLanghaarige on Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:21 pm

Nice Marmot wrote:Where is everyone? We have 2 new episodes under out belts!

Yeah, I just realized that I spread my opinion about the new episodes everywhere, except here. So to make it quick:

The Diving Bell VS The Butter-Glider
So-so filler episode. Some good laughs, a few nice character moments (Brock and Hatred discussing who is responsible for the Ventures) but all in all one of the weaker episodes.

Pomp & Circuitry
Awesome! We learn that Hank has potemtial, Baron von Ünderbheit returns (together with some other less important characters, like the 2 Guild henchmen in the monitor room and Mr Brisby and it all leads to an inrcredible cliffhanger, that might be the first real hint at what will happen in the Season finale!
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Nice Marmot on Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:49 pm

So what's the story w/ Phantom Limb's mug and shoe actually coming to life ???

Did I miss the reason Ünderbheit is now homeless ???
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby DerLanghaarige on Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:27 pm

Nice Marmot wrote:So what's the story w/ Phantom Limb's mug and shoe actually coming to life ???

I didn't get it the first time either, but he was controlling a severed arm and leg of his and they were moving the mug, shoe and toaster.

Did I miss the reason Ünderbheit is now homeless ???

This goes back to season 2's episode"Love Bheits", where the resistance of Ünderland, led by Girl Hitler and Catclops, took over and sent him into exile. The last time we saw him, he was asking the Monarch if he could stay at his house for a while.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:07 pm

Yesterday's Venture Bros. was my favorite episode ever.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Bloo on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:54 pm

Retardo_Montalban wrote:Yesterday's Venture Bros. was my favorite episode ever.

agreed, that was a great episode
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby DerLanghaarige on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:41 am

Not just one of this season's best, but a highlight of the whole series!
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby DerLanghaarige on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:05 pm

So did you watch yesterday's episode? It was hilarious as always and Nathan Fillion voiced a Spider-Man parody! There is just one thing that drives me insane. In the beginning, when Phantom Limb explains the other members of The Revenge Society his evil plan, he says that the murderous moppets are sleeper agents who work for him. While I of course understand that it didn't happen (yet?) I wonder if that meant that they were working for him all the time or just that he plans to recruit them? I mean, was that a shocking reveal that went over everybody's head?
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:23 pm

It was an okay episode, but seemed like a lot of set-up. The end with the alternate universe Dr. Venture was hilarious. I don't think the moppets have allegiance to anyone.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Nice Marmot on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:53 am

Did they give the Spider-parody guy a name? Hilarious where his webbing came from.

Usually none of the parodies fly over my head, but could someone explain the guy w/ the falcon?

The creepy guy in the bear costume was hilarious.
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby DerLanghaarige on Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:28 am

Nice Marmot wrote:Did they give the Spider-parody guy a name?

According to the end titles it was "Brown Widow".

Usually none of the parodies fly over my head, but could someone explain the guy w/ the falcon?

Lyndon "Bee" Johnson as part of a LADYHAWKE parody. (If you don't know the movie, or at least its plot, you won't get it.)

The creepy guy in the bear costume was hilarious.

He even freaked out Phantom Limb! :lol:
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Nice Marmot on Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:17 am

Lyndon "Bee" Johnson as part of a LADYHAWKE parody. (If you don't know the movie, or at least its plot, you won't get it.)

OHHH. I totally got the Ladyhawke parody when he was a bee by day, but didn't realize that it was the same couple by night w/ her as the hawk. Duuuuuhhhhh . . .

Man the last 2 episodes were good . . .
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby Nice Marmot on Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:13 pm

Is everyone discussing this show somewhere else or something???

1 hour season finale this weekend!
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:21 pm

Nice Marmot wrote:Is everyone discussing this show somewhere else or something???

1 hour season finale this weekend!

Cartoon Network killed the momentum of the season by inserting a month-long gap before showing the finale.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:53 pm

Nice Marmot wrote:

OHHH. I totally got the Ladyhawke parody when he was a bee by day, but didn't realize that it was the same couple by night w/ her as the hawk. Duuuuuhhhhh . . .

Man the last 2 episodes were good . . .

LBJ's wife was also called "Ladybird". Hank Hill named his dog after her on King of the Hill.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby DerLanghaarige on Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:59 am

Nice Marmot wrote:1 hour season finale this weekend!

I was just about to remind everybody of this.

Fried Gold wrote:Cartoon Network killed the momentum of the season by inserting a month-long gap before showing the finale.

Just like the way too long gap between the 1st and 2nd half of this season, it wasn't Cartoon Networks fault. The episodes were just not finished in time. Just last week Jackson Public said, that they were still finishing the sound mix on the finale. They are horrible procrastinators and I'm sure if Adult Swim wouldn't like the show so much, they had already pulled the plug on it.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Bloo on Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:46 am

only caught the last 30 minutes (I'll try and catch the whole thing on the replay) thanks to the Walking Dead but I thought that it was very well executed and I loved the end

but my favorite part was all 3 venture brothers doing the "go team venture"
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby DerLanghaarige on Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:23 am

It was not as mind blowingly awesome as the Season 3 finale, but it did not disappoint. Too bad we now have to wait an undefined time span for the next episodes :P
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:35 pm

I would settle for 5 episodes a year, just as long as Doc Hammer keeps making new Venture Bros. I hope 21 is the Venture Bros. official bodyguard next season.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:47 am

That episode was pretty special and anyone who says differently is wrong.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:01 pm

that season final of The Venture Bros was possibly one of the greatest things written on TV. It's easily one of the top 3 episodes they've ever done, and just proves how fucking great this show is.
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:26 pm

Great great great season finale. The Spanish Fly transformation was telegraphed from a mile away, but I really like the sort of unexpected twist that it actually saved the day instead of fucking things up. Great episode.

At first I hated Brock being away with Sphinx all the time and not being with the Bros., but it's actually opened the series up a bit, and it's been a welcome thing. Wouldn't mind more of them, especially Col. Gathers.

Great show kept up its high standard.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:49 pm

Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby metro po on Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:01 pm

This note is to Doc.
I've been a huge fan of the show, especially the commentary. I work long hours and the banter Jackson and you hold in the commentary is completely entertaining.
Anyway, I was just listening to the part where you were noting what people call you on here. Hilarious! I'm going to combat those against you and say hey, I love your style and if you ever want to meet for coffee, I'm down.
you guys rock.
:)
metro po
GLIB

Postby DerLanghaarige on Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:52 am

Good news! Looks like we are getting a lot more Venture Bros!!!!
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Pacino86845 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:33 pm

At long last... I have been waiting for this for lord knows how long: the complete Venture Bros. Season 4 is in my hands!

I love this show. Can you imagine how hard it's been to avoid watching season 4 until now? But it's been worth it, just watched the first episode in glorious Blu Ray. Incredible.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:42 pm

Two new seasons! 90 minute feature! 11 minute something-or-other!

REJOICE!!!!
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:06 am

*rejoices*
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pacino86845 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:07 am

SPOILER!
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Bloo on Mon May 09, 2011 6:13 pm

alright don't know if this means anything to the Venture Brothers or NOT but I find it...interesting

Hulk Hogan recently tweeted that he was going to be doing the voice of Dean on an Adult Swim cartoon called "The Professor Brothers". I don't know if Hogan got a bunch of shit mixed up, if Adult Swim is trying something here, or if Jackson Public is, but I know that it makes me giggle to think that little Dean grew up to sound like the Hulkster
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

PreviousNext

Return to Animation