Gantz

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Gantz

Postby Brocktune on Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:48 pm

anybody here watch this one?
i am so smitten with this show right now! the sex and violence, the mystery. i havent seen the whole thing yet. ive been watching it on Anime Network, and i also bought the fuckin dvds to catch up on what i missed. but each episode gives you just enough information to get you totally involved in the story, and to make you salivate over upcoming episodes. Just wanted to see if there was any love in the zone for Gantz.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:40 pm

Never heard of it but if its got the sex and violence I'll have to check it out. Are there clowns? I hate clowns. And Ted Turner.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:44 pm

wait, you mean G-4?
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Brocktune on Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:57 pm

wonkabar: no, g-4 has anime unleashed. the anime network is one of those on demand channels. so i can watch what the fuck i want when the fuck i want.

Tyrone: no, no clowns (thankfully) but wierd ass aliens instead. trust me, this show is fucking compelling...for a cartoon.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:17 pm

oh, bitchn' I'll have to check that out
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby St. on Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:56 am

I read the manga and it's fantastic. If the show is even half as good it's deserves to be seen by all.
St.
GLIB

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:35 am

i have the first volume which was quite crazy and disturbing! i'd like to catch up and watch them all, but, you know how it is... one o these days...

i just watched this anime today called CAT SOUP which was fuckin' brilliant! anyone seen that? i'd like to start a new thread about it, but theres been too many new threads lately. probably best to wait i reckon...
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby Crayotic Rockwell on Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:51 am

Grabbing the GANTZ collected boxset when they release it next year, but atm I'm reading the manga and it is pretty compelling even though the chapters are insanely short.

I hear there's a second "season" of it.. eps14-26.. and wonder if they continue to keep on doing it until it catches up.. coz there's definately a lot of questions to be answered

Cube meets Battle Royale meets WTF is my best description of it
The Anime Stock Exchange for all your anime tripe
Crayotic Rockwell
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby scottgreen on Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:26 pm

The second season of Gantz is episodes 13-26 of the anime. The last block is divergent with the manga. It's one of those cases where the manga wasn't going to end any time soon, so the anime had to figure out a way to conclude.

Hoplefully the manga will get licensed. The creator seems to have recently, finally, run out of good ideas, but it had a good run of topping itself with complete insane things. There was a very cool phase where the aliens were dinosaurs.

Someone mentioned Cat Soup. I didn't enjoy it as such, but it is definately worth seeing. Very creatively abstract. Kindof a child's An occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge.

Cat Soup's creators have gone on to some very interesting things in the last couple years. Masaaki Yuasa's Mind Game is one the best anime movies an animation fan can see.
Tatsuo Sato's Shingu is kindof slow, but a very fun take on aliens living on earth anime.
scottgreen
GLIB

Postby Crayotic Rockwell on Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:33 pm

Divergent? Gao, sacrilage! :D
Crayotic Rockwell
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Neo Zeed on Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:42 am

Yo, I'm new round here, so sorry in advance if you get bugged for this question but...Crayotic Rockwell what toon does your avatar comes from. The anime blood barfing chick.
Neo Zeed
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Crayotic Rockwell on Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:45 am

Excel Saga is the answer I believe you're lookin for
Crayotic Rockwell
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Neo Zeed on Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:00 am

Thanx man
Neo Zeed
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Al Shut on Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:03 am

Time to bump an old thread to add my opinion.

The series is airing in Germany now. While I have to admitt it's interesting and keeps you at the screen it's also painfully slow moving. Might be okay as DVDs were you can just watch the next episode but at one episode per week on TV it's pure torture.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Brocktune on Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:37 pm

nice bump, al :wink:

when i first watched it, i was getting like one new episode every 1 to 3 weeks. so i totally grok your suffering. i dont know if they have netflix.de or anything, but you may want to do yourself a favor, and just check out the dvds. its kind of like "LOST" in that it can sometimes be better enjoyed all at once, rather than having it drag on week after week, y'know.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Al Shut on Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:58 am

After watching yesterday pisode I've lost all patience with this series. I will only watch it if thee's absolutely nothing else on TV and I vow to rather slam my head against a wall than spend a single € on it.

Minute long disscussions during a fight to the death with a robot just crossed the line.
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Brocktune on Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:22 pm

yeah, that kind of got to me too.
stupid ass katoh.

i wanted him to die so bad. fuck katoh!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Al Shut on Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:11 am

Goddammit I seem to like this less and less every second I watch of it.

From interesting promise to annoingly slow paced and frustrating. So bad it got me angry and that doesn't happen very often.

To be avoided at any cost.
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Brocktune on Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:26 pm

yet you continue to watch.

perhaps its really not as avoision worthy as you suggest.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Al Shut on Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:34 pm

Not anymore!

There not much else on TV sunday night and when there is I mostly miss the beginning because I always watch the Ghost in the shell series right before Gantz and then think i might as well check if Gantz finally lives up to its promise.

BUt hereby I vow that I'd rather stare at the ceiling for 30 minutes than find out how this ends (as it appaers to come to a conclusion pretty soon)
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Alex DeLarge on Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:38 pm

I read the manga a while back and really liked it, and saw the first few episodes and like them too but never followed up on it. I always thought it would make a good movie.
Alex DeLarge
MONKEY BUTLER

Return to Animation