MSNBC: China bans animation blended with live actors

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

MSNBC: China bans animation blended with live actors

Postby buster00 on Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:27 am

This report is of interest to Zoner types. Check it out at:

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11527751/
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MiltonWaddams on Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:30 am

I've always said Space Jam should be illegal, but for entirely different reasons.

Space Jam killed my dad, stabbed him or something.
Urer yvrf Z.J.
Xvyyrq ol ungr naq vafvqr wbxrf.
MiltonWaddams
REAL DRAGON

Postby Gheorghe Zamfir on Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:33 am

Its racism, pure and simple, a few close minded bourgeois are afraid of inter-dimensional relationships. For no reason whatsoever, what's a cartoon ever done to them? The myths that have allowed us to relegate cartoon characters to second class citizens have long been debunked, though the segregation continues, most of the developed world has at least evolved enough to allow these characters to make a living, but not China, openly proclaiming their ignorance by fostering this right wing real people agenda.

As if animated characters didn't have it hard enough, its not like they can live out here in the real world with us anyways, they pay taxes, they work all day, but do we provide them with medical benefits, or even simple citizenship rights? Of course not, we answer with this segregation, we live in our fancy 3-D houses, but they are forced to slum in the second dimension. And now this! This fascist government taking away what few scraps they have, doing whatever they can to push these characters down. So now they're not only banned from our 3D world, but the Chinese are punishing anyone who even works with them! Strengthening this unjust separation pretty much ends any real hopes these under-privilaged few might have had at substantial progress.

Makes me sick to think of a government like this, going out of its way to punish the few open minded civil rights activists for doing little more than reaching out, for not being too scared of society, to work with animated characters, to be able to say to the world that everyone deserves equal treatment. Everytime I think this kind of thinking is past us a law like this comes up, honestly, does anyone think we'd see laws like this if cartoons weren't colored? People need to stop trying to bring back that black and white world of the 50s! I'd like to think that bigotry is dead, I'd like to think that when I'm able to trick a girl into having my kid, that as a single parent she could raise that child in a free and open society, I'd like to think that at least, but those goddamn yellow fucking chinks won't let me!
Last edited by Gheorghe Zamfir on Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gheorghe Zamfir
REAL DRAGON

Postby buster00 on Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:49 am

What's next, Zamfir?

Heckle & Jeckle, Ranger Smith, and Alvin the Chipmunk rounded up, herded into a show trial, and hosed down with "Dip" in the middle of Tiananmen Square?!?

Animators out there who will be affected by this...?

(edit - er, or anyone who cares to chime in, of course...)
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:06 pm

That has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever read. Are the Chinese that myopic? Oy.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Vegeta on Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:12 pm

Fucking commies!
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby unikrunk on Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:31 pm

The 'logic' here is simply laughable; "a move aimed at nurturing local animators"

Yes, great, this move is sure to help your local animators, China. Bra-fucking-vo. Because, as we all know, exposure to different perspectives is limiting and has a harmful impact on art, while wearing blinders and looking straight ahead is 'nurturing'.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The True Priapic on Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:55 pm

Do not try to understand china.It proves Gene Roddenberry's idea of us all living in harmony is impossible.China is very possibly the millenial sleeping giant.The racism and the sex is rampant.You cannot understand.I do not understand and I am here.Think the Borg but with an appetite for nose and ear picking.At all times.I love it here but my god....sometimes.The violence on TV in cartoon form is astonishing,the reports of death and murder explicit,the spitting...oh god,the spitting..you haven't lived till tou've seen your waitress gob on the floor next to you and try to rub it in to the carpet Olivia newton John-Grease stylee...is astonishing.Yet,I played Gremlins the other day for my class of teens and the boys began crying and screaming.Couldn't make it up.
The True Priapic
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby unikrunk on Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:00 pm

The True Priapic wrote:Think the Borg but with an appetite for nose and ear picking.At all times.

Quite possibly the funniest thing I have read today. My hat is off to you, Priapic.
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The True Priapic on Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:08 pm

Unikrunk,I'm afraid its true.Which is why I'm The TRUE Priapic.It made me wonder why all people(generalisation)have long,loooooonnng little finger nails.I thought perhaps for turning pages in books?NAH.It's got so bad that I let taxi drivers keep the change as I want NO contact with anything they touch.I went to a dumpling bar last year(Nov.) and I was semi-enjoying the cack served to me when I saw a waitress trying to touch her brain with her little finger nail.God that was one hell of an annoying snot up there.She just would NOT give up.I left.Sometimes I have China-freakouts.....I nearly got on a plane back to Prague(I aint Czech but my old School is there)last Wednesday.This is the land of looking into your lap while eating,what you can't see...you don't wanna know.
The True Priapic
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby unikrunk on Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:21 pm

Priapic - that truly sounds horrid enough to make anyone go 'Howard Hughes' batshit crazy. Good luck.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The True Priapic on Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:27 pm

[Edited for a the vulgarity, eh?]
The True Priapic
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby The True Priapic on Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:13 pm

Bloody hell,I got 'Edited'.Blimey,so Dino is workign for the Mob,eh?No,probs.No offense meant.Just regailing True tales.I'm goin'a beda.
The True Priapic
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:25 pm

Wow I can totally see how that will hold back a veritable tidal wave of all of those LiveAction/Animated shows or cartoons....um aside from the ones mentioned like Gene Kelly and Jerry the mouse in Anchors Aweigh and Invitation to the Dance or how about Porky Pig in You Ought to be in Pictures...and um Cool World...and um Wizards use of stock footage...hmmmm
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Return to Animation