Official RATATOUILLE Review Thread - SPOILERS

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

yadda...

10
14
47%
9
6
20%
8
4
13%
7
4
13%
6
0
No votes
5
0
No votes
4
0
No votes
3
0
No votes
2
1
3%
1
0
No votes
I'll wait for TV/DVD
1
3%
I wont be seeing this
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 30

Postby Peven on Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:51 pm

Nordling wrote:
Quint interviews Janeane Garofalo: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33107



i have such crush on her. :oops:
Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 14671
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:53 pm

Peven wrote:
Nordling wrote:
Quint interviews Janeane Garofalo: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33107



i have such crush on her. :oops:


Really?!?! Eek I find her extremely annoying. I always have. She can be cute at times, but her "humor" drives me crazy. Still, I never really found Ellen to be funny, but she won me over with Finding Nemo...so I don't see it being a problem when I watch Ratatouille.
Image
User avatar
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby Seppuku on Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:01 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
Peven wrote:
N ordling wrote:
Quint interviews Janeane Garofalo: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33107



i have such crush on her. :oops:


Really?!?! Eek I find her extremely annoying. I always have. She can be cute at times, but her "humor" drives me crazy.


[KCBC]What's the matter, is she too sassy for ya? :P [/KCBC]
Dale Tremont Presents...

Image
User avatar
Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION
 
Posts: 7872
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:52 am
Location: Limeyland

Postby Peven on Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:03 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
Peven wrote:
N ordling wrote:
Quint interviews Janeane Garofalo: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33107



i have such crush on her. :oops:


Really?!?! Eek I find her extremely annoying. I always have. She can be cute at times, but her "humor" drives me crazy. Still, I never really found Ellen to be funny, but she won me over with Finding Nemo...so I don't see it being a problem when I watch Ratatouille.


i have had a thing for her since i first saw her stand-up many years ago. i do think she is much more attractive than she gets credit for, i really dig her eyes, but it is her acerbic-yet-insecure personality that is a real hook for me. i'd take a night out with her over some bubble-headed bimbo in a second.
Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 14671
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Postby Peven on Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:15 pm

something that surprised me the other day was that after a TV spot for this movie came on my oldest son, who is 16, said, "hey dad, i want to see that movie". he is a pretty typical 16 yr old boy, who spends most of his time trying too hard to be cool, so i was not expecting him to openly admit wanting to see a Pixar movie. i think that says something for the broad appeal Pixar's work garnishes.
Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 14671
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Postby Seppuku on Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:19 pm

Peven wrote:i think that says something for the broad appeal Pixar's work garnishes.


Or about how terrible life is at home that he'll stoop down to begging his dad to take him to see a talking rat movie, just so he can escape the homestead for 80 precious minutes.

:wink:
Last edited by Seppuku on Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Image
User avatar
Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION
 
Posts: 7872
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:52 am
Location: Limeyland

Postby Peven on Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:20 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:
Peven wrote:i think that says something for the broad appeal Pixar's work garnishes.


Or about how terrible life is at home that he'll stoop down to begging his dad to take him to see a talking rat movie, just so he can escape the homestead for an hour and fifteen minutes.

:wink:


well, yeah, there is THAT too. :lol:
Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 14671
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Postby Ribbons on Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:33 pm

Huzzah! This movie comes out tomorrow. Ever since the sneak preview reviews came in about two weeks ago I've practically been marking the days.
User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13949
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Postby BuckyO'harre on Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:09 am

Joblo gives it a 7/10.


JoBlo wrote:I liked this movie. It was cute, funny and the characters were great. But for a Pixar film, it didn’t have the same type of sophistication with the story or the look and feel of the animation compared to its other predecessors. It was as if Pixar had a younger brother who made this. It just didn’t have the Pixar standard. That said, I still enjoyed it very much plus I’m a cooking enthusiast so I appreciated it on other levels.

Another aspect I really liked was the voice acting…I didn’t recognize anyone’s voice! This is a good thing as you can really feel the characters. It is not like typical animated features where you get guys like Mike Myers doing his signature Scottish voice and applying it to an Ogre (no disrespect to Myers…I love the guy, but you still know it's him). Needless to say, the voice acting in this film was great all around as they all truly fit the characters to a T.
---





But you know what, despite my nit-picking (I’m trying to look at it from a parent's perspective, I guess) it’s still a good movie and I’m pretty confident that it’s going to be trucking in loads of moolah this weekend! It will be well deserved as it is entertaining and funny. I especially loved its the ending...it was hysterical! Animation buffs, Pixar fans, parents and, of course...the kids (‘cause it’s always about the kids…right?) will enjoy this!


Full Review
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3724
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:14 am

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:25 am

Ribbons wrote:I've practically been marking the days.


Hehehe... you anna the Peven's kid, eh? "Soon the time for a my escape from a this living hell, she's a gonna to be nigh, eh?"
User avatar
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN
 
Posts: 11284
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:15 pm
Location: Private Villa inna Santorini

Postby Nordling on Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:33 am

I don't think I've ever agreed with a JoBlo review in my life. Maybe the points, but never how he got there.
Image
User avatar
Nordling
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2092
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:39 am
Location: Missouri City, TX

Postby Zarles on Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:44 am

JoBlo can blo it out his tough-guy ass. The fucker banned me for calling out some homophobic dipshit in the comments section. He should change his site name to 'Tough Guy Assholes Pretending To Be Movie Geeks'. Boobies n' beer, d00d! WHOOOOO!!! :roll:

That said, I'm seeing this tonight. Can't wait.
User avatar
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3773
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:52 am
Location: Bringing something to the table

Postby Zarles on Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:30 pm

Just got back, and man, Joltin' Joe DiMaggio himself couldn't have knocked it further it out of the park. I don't want to give away a second of it, but you know a movie's good when one of the first chase scenes involves a gas mask-wearing granny with a shotgun.

Seriously, go see this as soon as you can. I'm being vague, but it's gonna knock your socks off. Yet another Brad Bird-led masterpiece from the Pixar guys. I didn't really expect anything less.
User avatar
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3773
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:52 am
Location: Bringing something to the table

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:13 am

Yeah that was a weird movie. Technically it was well done. It was beautifully designed and rendered, but the story is just kind of lame and hollow. I enjoyed myself, but not as much as some of you. I probably would have enjoyed it a million times more without the Gusteaux Imaginary Friend thing floating around. The should have named his character "Cheap Way To Get From Point A to Point B Without Any Inventiveness".

The best thing about the movie is the soundtrack. Wow. It was like it's own character. Runner up is Peter O'Toole's food critic. Awesome.
Image
User avatar
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA
 
Posts: 10626
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:28 am
Location: Port Angeles, WA

Postby Cha-Ka Khan on Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:24 pm

Caught the early matinee this morning, and I would agree with Burl. Technically, it blows away anything that Pixar has done yet. The smartest move they made was snapping up Brad Bird as a director, since he is easily the most "cinematically"-minded director they have, surpassing even Lasseter in that regard (the less said about Pete Docter and Andrew Stanton the better).

I was lucky enough to attend a SIGGRAPH talk given by Bird way back in 1989 when he had just completed his work on "The Family Dog" segments of "Amazing Stories"... which just so happened to follow a talk given by Lasseter after they had just finished "Knick-Knack." Bird's talk was all about "setting up the shot," and he showed various scenes from different movies and deconstructed each one. His influence was also seen during his involvement with a few early seasons of The Simpsons, again bringing that "cinematic" look to the show.

"Ratatouille" had that look but in spades. EVERY shot was perfectly constructed, from the camera angles, the lighting, the depth of field, etc. Really incredible work in this film. The details in the model work are really amazing too. One wonders how they ever actually even complete these films without going mad, when you consider that massive amount of effort that has to go into modeling every single little prop in the film. Nothing is there by chance. If it's in the shot, it was MEANT to be in the shot.

The voice acting is decent, but not great. The two best are easily Ian Holm and Peter O'Toole, who bring the "Punky Power" you'd expect to their performances. Patton Oswalt as Remy the Rat is alright... fairly understated, a less-nasal David Cross I suppose. All the rest of the cast are suitable, although I'll admit I didn't even notice John Ratzenberger this time, even though he was in there somewhere. Will Arnett plays the character of Horst and interestingly his funniest moment is where he doesn't even say anything.

The story is pretty light, but amusing and told in a heart-warming enough fashion, making it suitable for everyone (as you'd expect).

In another director's hands, this would be a real ho-hum affair, but Bird manages to throw enough little details in to keep it interesting.
User avatar
Cha-Ka Khan
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD
 
Posts: 939
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:55 am

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:52 pm

Cha-Ka Khan wrote:the less said about Andrew Stanton the better.


i don't know if it's the blond dye or the extra cerebrospinal fluid floating around in that thick frontal lobe of yours, but if you think Stanton's direction isn't "cinematically" minded, someone needs to get a diamond drill bit and lobotomize your obviously insane mind...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
User avatar
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 9407
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:14 am
Location: Blacktionville

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:06 pm

ouch... what's up with the mods in this forum forgetting the whole "no hat just debat" thing.
Image
User avatar
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA
 
Posts: 10626
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:28 am
Location: Port Angeles, WA

Postby minstrel on Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:42 pm

While I agree with Burl on the incendiary nature of KCBC's post, I, too, have to question Cha-Ka's soundness of mind re: Andrew Stanton.

Cha-Ka, dude, WTF?
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
User avatar
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency
 
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Area 52

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:56 pm

yes, 'cuz I'm sure Cha-Ka really looks like his avatar...

or 'wuz it 'cuz I forgot Mr. Winky?

molten. borons.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
User avatar
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 9407
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:14 am
Location: Blacktionville

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:14 pm

And what if he DOES look like his av? Did you think about that?
Image
User avatar
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA
 
Posts: 10626
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:28 am
Location: Port Angeles, WA

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:26 pm

You all realize there is a picture of Cha-Ka in the R2-D2 mailbox thread.
Image
User avatar
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby minstrel on Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:35 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:You all realize there is a picture of Cha-Ka in the R2-D2 mailbox thread.


You mean there's a picture of someone who CLAIMS to be Cha-Ka ...
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
User avatar
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency
 
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Area 52

Postby Ribbons on Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:35 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:And what if he DOES look like his av? Did you think about that?


Or what if I look like his av...? :(

Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the most misunderstood of them all...?

[cries]
User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13949
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:50 pm

Chaka, chaka, chaka, chaka khan
Chaka khan, chaka khan, chaka khan
Chaka khan, let me rock you
Let me rock you, chaka khan
Let me rock you, that's all i wanna do
Chaka khan, let me rock you
Let me rock you, chaka khan
Let me rock you, let me feel for you
Chaka khan let me tell you what i wanna do
Do you feel for me, the way i feel for you
Chaka khan let me tell you what i wanna do
I wanna love you, wanna hug you, wanna squeeze you too
Let me take you in my arms
Let me fill you with my charms, chaka
'cause you know that i'm the one to keep you warm
Chaka, i'll make you more than just a physical dream
I wanna rock you, chaka
Baby, cause you make me wanna scream
Let me rock you, rock you

Baby, baby, when i look at you
I get a warm feeling inside
There's something about the things you do
That keeps me satisfied

I wouldn't lie to you, baby
It's mainly a physical thing
This feeling that i got for you, baby
Makes me wanna sing

Chorus:
I feel for you
I think i love you
I feel for you
I think i love you

Melle mel:
Chaka khan, let me rock you
Let me rock you, chaka khan
Let me rock you, that's all i wanna do
Chaka khan, let me rock you
Let me rock you, chaka khan
Let me rock you, let me feel for you
Feel for you

Baby, baby, when i lay with you
There's no place i'd rather be
I can't believe, can't believe it's true
The things that you do to me

I wouldn't lie to you, baby
I'm physically attracted to you
This feeling that i got for you, baby
There's nothing that i wouldn't do

Chorus

Yes sir, one more time
Say yeah
I feel for you (i think i love you)
I feel for you (i, i, i think i love you)

Melle mel:
Chaka khan, let me rock you
Let me rock you, chaka khan
Let me rock you, that's all i wanna do
Chaka khan, let me rock you
Let me rock you, chaka khan
Let me rock you, let me feel for you
Chaka khan won't you tell me what you wanna do
Do you feel for me, the way i feel for you
Chaka khan let me tell you what i wanna do
I wanna love you, wanna hug you, wanna squeeze you too
Let me take you in my arms
Let me fill you with my charms, chaka
'cause you know that i'm the one to keep you warm
Chaka, i'll make you more than just a physical dream
I wanna rock you, chaka
Baby, cause you make me wanna scream
Feel for you

I feel for you (oooh, feel for you)
I feel it too (oooh, feel for you)
I feel for you (oooh, feel for you)
User avatar
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA
 
Posts: 10626
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:28 am
Location: Port Angeles, WA

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:55 pm

minstrel wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:You all realize there is a picture of Cha-Ka in the R2-D2 mailbox thread.


You mean there's a picture of someone who CLAIMS to be Cha-Ka ...


You pesky little squirrel...you forget that I met Cha-Ka at the Chicago meet-up. No nuts for you.
Image
User avatar
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby Ribbons on Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:56 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
minstrel wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:You all realize there is a picture of Cha-Ka in the R2-D2 mailbox thread.

You mean there's a picture of someone who CLAIMS to be Cha-Ka ...

You pesky little squirrel...you forget that I met Cha-Ka at the Chicago meet-up.


You mean you met someone who CLAIMS to be Cha-Ka...
User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13949
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:00 pm

Ribbons wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:
minstrel wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:You all realize there is a picture of Cha-Ka in the R2-D2 mailbox thread.

You mean there's a picture of someone who CLAIMS to be Cha-Ka ...

You pesky little squirrel...you forget that I met Cha-Ka at the Chicago meet-up.


You mean you met someone who CLAIMS to be Cha-Ka...


Like the same someone who told me he was YOU, Ribbons. I am far too trusting.
Image
User avatar
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby havocSchultz on Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:02 pm

Maybe somebody who CLAIMS to be Lecko met Cha-Ka...
User avatar
havocSchultz
is full of stars...
 
Posts: 15695
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:46 am
Location: living amongst a hazy nothing...

Postby Ribbons on Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:03 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
Ribbons wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:you forget that I met Cha-Ka at the Chicago meet-up.

You mean you met someone who CLAIMS to be Cha-Ka...

Like the same someone who told me he was YOU, Ribbons. I am far too trusting.


Image
User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13949
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Postby minstrel on Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:37 pm

Okay. Tomorrow night (Sunday) I'm seeing Ratatouille.

Seein' as how it's all about food and cooking and stuff, I need some advice.

Is it better to see it AFTER a good dinner, on a full stomach? Or BEFORE dinner, so it can whet your appetite?

What do y'all think?
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
User avatar
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency
 
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Area 52

Postby Ribbons on Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:41 am

I say go see it on an empty stomach; that way the food on-screen looks more appetizing. To quote Jim Gaffigan, if you're hungry the Food Network's like porn.
User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13949
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Postby minstrel on Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:44 am

Ribbons wrote:I say go see it on an empty stomach; that way the food on-screen looks more appetizing. To quote Jim Gaffigan, if you're hungry the Food Network's like porn.


That it is!

I'm going to try to go before dinner, but my roomie likes late shows. We'll see how it turns out.

Thanks, Ribbons!
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
User avatar
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency
 
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Area 52

Postby Cha-Ka Khan on Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:05 am

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:if you think Stanton's direction isn't "cinematically" minded, someone needs to get a diamond drill bit and lobotomize your obviously insane mind...


Please... give me one scene from a Stanton film (and Bug's Life doesn't count cuz Lasseter directed most of that) that can match anything Bird has pulled off. That pretty much leaves you with Finding Nemo which was a 3D animated movie in 3-dimensional ocean space that came across flatter than a pancake prepared by Remy the Rat.
User avatar
Cha-Ka Khan
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD
 
Posts: 939
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:55 am

Postby minstrel on Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:20 am

Cha-Ka Khan wrote:
Keepcoolbutcare wrote:if you think Stanton's direction isn't "cinematically" minded, someone needs to get a diamond drill bit and lobotomize your obviously insane mind...


Please... give me one scene from a Stanton film (and Bug's Life doesn't count cuz Lasseter directed most of that) that can match anything Bird has pulled off. That pretty much leaves you with Finding Nemo which was a 3D animated movie in 3-dimensional ocean space that came across flatter than a pancake prepared by Remy the Rat.


There were some gorgeous shots of Sydney Harbor in Nemo ...

And some good work when Mr. Ray was teaching the kids ...

And other stuff ...

:)
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
User avatar
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency
 
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Area 52

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:13 am

How about the entire sequence in the sunken sub while the Great White is falling off the wagon or any of the Human/Fish scenes in the dentist's office switching between the tank perspective and the dentist etc?
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7660
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:49 am

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:25 am

Hey instead of making this thread about the merits of Anton Scrotum as a director, can we please focus on Ratatouille?
Image
User avatar
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA
 
Posts: 10626
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:28 am
Location: Port Angeles, WA

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Oh I didn't realize this morphed into the review thread.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7660
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:49 am

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:14 pm

Because we tricked you with our mad skillz.
Image
User avatar
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA
 
Posts: 10626
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:28 am
Location: Port Angeles, WA

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:46 pm

I doesn't take much to trick a moron.....
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7660
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:49 am

Postby Leckomaniac on Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:19 am

I just had the pleasure, nay, the PRIVILEGE of seeing RATATOUILLE. Instead of keeping you all in suspense: I loved it. In a summer season filled to the brim with disappointment, this film delivers in spades. The animation, the direction, the voice talent, the story...all exceptional. This film single-handedly washed the sour taste of CARS right out of my mouth. Pixar, you've done it again.
Image
User avatar
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby Pacino86845 on Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:23 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:Chaka, chaka, chaka, chaka khan
Chaka khan, chaka khan, chaka khan
Chaka khan, let me rock you
Let me rock you, chaka khan
Let me rock you, that's all i wanna do
Chaka khan, let me rock you
Let me rock you, chaka khan
Let me rock you, let me feel for you
Chaka khan let me tell you what i wanna do
Do you feel for me, the way i feel for you
Chaka khan let me tell you what i wanna do
I wanna love you, wanna hug you, wanna squeeze you too
Let me take you in my arms
Let me fill you with my charms, chaka

'cause you know that i'm the one to keep you warm
Chaka, i'll make you more than just a physical dream
I wanna rock you, chaka
Baby, cause you make me wanna scream
Let me rock you, rock you

Baby, baby, when i look at you
I get a warm feeling inside
There's something about the things you do
That keeps me satisfied

I wouldn't lie to you, baby
It's mainly a physical thing
This feeling that i got for you, baby
Makes me wanna sing

Chorus:
I feel for you
I think i love you
I feel for you
I think i love you

Melle mel:
Chaka khan, let me rock you
Let me rock you, chaka khan
Let me rock you, that's all i wanna do
Chaka khan, let me rock you
Let me rock you, chaka khan
Let me rock you, let me feel for you
Feel for you

Baby, baby, when i lay with you
There's no place i'd rather be
I can't believe, can't believe it's true
The things that you do to me

I wouldn't lie to you, baby
I'm physically attracted to you
This feeling that i got for you, baby
There's nothing that i wouldn't do

Chorus

Yes sir, one more time
Say yeah
I feel for you (i think i love you)
I feel for you (i, i, i think i love you)

Melle mel:
Chaka khan, let me rock you
Let me rock you, chaka khan
Let me rock you, that's all i wanna do
Chaka khan, let me rock you
Let me rock you, chaka khan
Let me rock you, let me feel for you
Chaka khan won't you tell me what you wanna do
Do you feel for me, the way i feel for you
Chaka khan let me tell you what i wanna do
I wanna love you, wanna hug you, wanna squeeze you too
Let me take you in my arms
Let me fill you with my charms, chaka
'cause you know that i'm the one to keep you warm
Chaka, i'll make you more than just a physical dream
I wanna rock you, chaka
Baby, cause you make me wanna scream
Feel for you

I feel for you (oooh, feel for you)
I feel it too (oooh, feel for you)
I feel for you (oooh, feel for you)



BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHA!!!! BRILLIANT!!
User avatar
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER
 
Posts: 14064
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:20 am

Postby minstrel on Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:33 am

I just got back from seeing Ratatouille. I won't write a long review. I'll just say this:

I loved it. It has some of the best animation I've ever seen in it. It's a masterpiece of telling a story cinematically. The characters are wonderful and the voice acting is tremendous. Humor emerges from character and situation, and doesn't depend on in-jokes. And some scenes are among Pixar's funniest ever.

If you haven't seen it, see it. That's all.

:)
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
User avatar
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency
 
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Area 52

Postby Leckomaniac on Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:44 am

I would also like to add that Lifted, the short in front of RATATOUILLE, is superb as well. Had me laughing out loud almost the entire time.
Image
User avatar
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby Nordling on Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:44 am

Saw it again last night. It's a masterpiece. It's not my favorite Pixar, but it's the best film this year.
Image
User avatar
Nordling
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2092
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:39 am
Location: Missouri City, TX

Postby Ribbons on Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:03 am

Leckomaniac wrote:I would also like to add that Lifted, the short in front of RATATOUILLE, is superb as well. Had me laughing out loud almost the entire time.


Sweet, I was hoping there'd be a short in front of the film. What's it about?
User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13949
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Postby Zarles on Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:28 am

I can't really tell ya too much without spoiling it, but just know it's about the lighter side of an alien abduction. It's hilarious.
User avatar
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3773
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:52 am
Location: Bringing something to the table

Postby Cha-Ka Khan on Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:31 am

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the short in my mini-review. It was very funny and did a good job of getting the crowd ready. You can usually get a glimpse of the next Pixar feature in the short films, i.e. Geri's Game featured Pixar's work on human animation (used in Toy Story 2 and beyond), For the Birds featured "feather technology" that it used in Finding Nemo, Boundin' featured the desert scenery that it was using for Cars, One Man Band featured the European-style village look with cobblestone streets featured in Ratatouille, etc.

It makes you wonder what we saw in Lifted that was the "test bed" for the next feature.
User avatar
Cha-Ka Khan
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD
 
Posts: 939
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:55 am

Postby Ribbons on Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:10 pm

Cha-Ka Khan wrote:Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the short in my mini-review. It was very funny and did a good job of getting the crowd ready. You can usually get a glimpse of the next Pixar feature in the short films, i.e. Geri's Game featured Pixar's work on human animation (used in Toy Story 2 and beyond), For the Birds featured "feather technology" that it used in Finding Nemo, Boundin' featured the desert scenery that it was using for Cars, One Man Band featured the European-style village look with cobblestone streets featured in Ratatouille, etc.

It makes you wonder what we saw in Lifted that was the "test bed" for the next feature.


That's an interesting point; if you listen to Bud Luckey's commentary on the Incredibles DVD, he says that the car in "Boundin'" was 'borrowed' from Cars. Considering WALL•E's story, what little I know of it, the appearance of spacecraft doesn't seem too implausible.
User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13949
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Postby Chairman Kaga on Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:29 pm

Zarles wrote:I can't really tell ya too much without spoiling it, but just know it's about the lighter side of an alien abduction. It's hilarious.

I can't wait to see that. I saw a chunk of it months ago.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7660
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:49 am

Postby minstrel on Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:23 pm

Zarles wrote:I can't really tell ya too much without spoiling it, but just know it's about the lighter side of an alien abduction. It's hilarious.


I agree. It's the funniest short I've ever seen from Pixar.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
User avatar
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency
 
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Area 52

PreviousNext

Return to Animation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest