COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:26 pm

From /film and FirstShowing : Rumor: Keanu Reeves in Live Action Cowboy Bebop?
Just last week we discovered that Fox is developing a live-action Cowboy Bebop movie based on the popular anime series. Remarkably, the project still isn't officially announced and Fox is still keeping it under wraps. However, a good friend inside the industry who is a very reliable source wrote in to tell me that the film is being fast tracked inside the studio and will most likely be out by 2010. He also revealed that Keanu Reeves has been attached as the lead character Spike for over eight months now and is still set for the role. Unfortunately there isn't a writer or director attached yet, but with some new forward momentum coming from last week's announcement, I don't think it will take too long.
User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17387
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby Fievel on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:04 pm

This would be news of the utmost suckiness if it turns out to be true.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 11942
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby Ribbons on Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:32 pm

Fievel wrote:This would be news of the utmost suckiness if it turns out to be true.


lol. Simpatico! I didn't want to be the first one to say it, though... :oops:

I guess it all depends on how the character of Spike is written, like anything else, but the cartoon version is very un-Keanu-like. Then again, he did do a pretty good job as Constantine.
User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13562
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby BuckyO'harre on Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:57 am

Ribbons wrote: Then again, he did do a pretty good job as Constantine.


Yeah, if he takes that approach it might be watchable.

Hopefully he won't get stuck in a
"I am Kung Fu Kewlness. Watch how aloof and ambivalent I can be"
mode.
Last edited by BuckyO'harre on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you, Zoners, for the kindness, tolerance, and enlightenment you've shared with me. It may not have been deserved, but it was greatly appreciated nonetheless. Soupy twist.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3724
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:14 am

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby bastard_robo on Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:25 am

Ribbons wrote:
Fievel wrote:This would be news of the utmost suckiness if it turns out to be true.


lol. Simpatico! I didn't want to be the first one to say it, though... :oops:

I guess it all depends on how the character of Spike is written, like anything else, but the cartoon version is very un-Keanu-like. Then again, he did do a pretty good job as Constantine.



I'm So So on Keanu... I like the man, and I really liked his take on Constantine, but I dont know if he could properly pull of spike, but lets see what the screenplay is going ot look like, this could end up like the Dragon Ball movie for all we know.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

Image
User avatar
bastard_robo
SCANK BARON
 
Posts: 4632
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:59 am
Location: Hello Kitty Adventure Island

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby travis-dane on Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:35 am

Well,at least Keanu knows how to do good looking "movie Kung Fu",I dont think there is another dude in Hollywood who is on the same level of "I dont know Kung Fu,BUT you will believe me that I do know it".......
and he was good in The Matrix movies and in Constantine,I also enjoyed his work in Street Kings.He should combine his Kung Fu Matrix skills with the wiseass Smoker thing from Constantine and throw in some toughguy "I can kill 5 Chinese goons by myself" coolness and we got a decent Spike.
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
Image
User avatar
travis-dane
100% OLEG!
 
Posts: 5418
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:19 am
Location: DTVille

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby TheAllSeeingEye on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:39 pm

Keanu isn't the man for Spike. He'd play him in exactly the same way he plays every single on of his roles; Keanu won't become Spike, Spike would end up being Keanu. :)

It needs someone with a bit more in the acting ability department. I know he seems to be in everything these days but I thought Christian Bale could have pulled of Spike. Certainly more convincingly than Keanu, but I have a trouser press which could probably do a better job than Keanu any day.

Love the Idea of Clancy Brown as Jet. Inspired. I'd have never thought of him in a million years.
User avatar
TheAllSeeingEye
MONKEY BUTLER
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:59 am
Location: I dunno, it was dark when I got here.

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby bastard_robo on Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:14 pm

TheAllSeeingEye wrote:Keanu isn't the man for Spike. He'd play him in exactly the same way he plays every single on of his roles; Keanu won't become Spike, Spike would end up being Keanu. :)

It needs someone with a bit more in the acting ability department. I know he seems to be in everything these days but I thought Christian Bale could have pulled of Spike. Certainly more convincingly than Keanu, but I have a trouser press which could probably do a better job than Keanu any day.

Love the Idea of Clancy Brown as Jet. Inspired. I'd have never thought of him in a million years.



When I saw him in the episode of Lost when he teaches Sayid how to toucher, I saw a bit of Jet in there. Combined with his voice, PERFECT JET!

Bale may be good as Spike, but I would be just as sold on him as I'm sold on Keanu..

Biggest question... HOW DO YOU CAST ED!!!!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

Image
User avatar
bastard_robo
SCANK BARON
 
Posts: 4632
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:59 am
Location: Hello Kitty Adventure Island

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby Fievel on Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:40 pm

bastard_robo wrote:
TheAllSeeingEye wrote:Keanu isn't the man for Spike. He'd play him in exactly the same way he plays every single on of his roles; Keanu won't become Spike, Spike would end up being Keanu. :)

It needs someone with a bit more in the acting ability department. I know he seems to be in everything these days but I thought Christian Bale could have pulled of Spike. Certainly more convincingly than Keanu, but I have a trouser press which could probably do a better job than Keanu any day.

Love the Idea of Clancy Brown as Jet. Inspired. I'd have never thought of him in a million years.



When I saw him in the episode of Lost when he teaches Sayid how to toucher, I saw a bit of Jet in there. Combined with his voice, PERFECT JET!

Bale may be good as Spike, but I would be just as sold on him as I'm sold on Keanu..

Biggest question... HOW DO YOU CAST ED!!!!


Duhhhh!
One of the Fanning girls!!!!! :roll: :wink: etc.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 11942
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby bastard_robo on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:06 pm

Fievel wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:
TheAllSeeingEye wrote:Keanu isn't the man for Spike. He'd play him in exactly the same way he plays every single on of his roles; Keanu won't become Spike, Spike would end up being Keanu. :)

It needs someone with a bit more in the acting ability department. I know he seems to be in everything these days but I thought Christian Bale could have pulled of Spike. Certainly more convincingly than Keanu, but I have a trouser press which could probably do a better job than Keanu any day.

Love the Idea of Clancy Brown as Jet. Inspired. I'd have never thought of him in a million years.



When I saw him in the episode of Lost when he teaches Sayid how to toucher, I saw a bit of Jet in there. Combined with his voice, PERFECT JET!

Bale may be good as Spike, but I would be just as sold on him as I'm sold on Keanu..

Biggest question... HOW DO YOU CAST ED!!!!


Duhhhh!
One of the Fanning girls!!!!! :roll: :wink: etc.



GAH! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

no thanks
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

Image
User avatar
bastard_robo
SCANK BARON
 
Posts: 4632
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:59 am
Location: Hello Kitty Adventure Island

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby Fievel on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:16 pm

Okay, okay, I see your point.

Abigail Breslin it is then! :D
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 11942
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby Ribbons on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:35 pm

Or, failing that, Freddie Highmore!
User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13562
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:57 am

Ribbons wrote:Or, failing that, Freddie Highmore!



Image
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

Image
User avatar
bastard_robo
SCANK BARON
 
Posts: 4632
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:59 am
Location: Hello Kitty Adventure Island

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby Spifftacular SquirrelGirl on Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:07 am

Been a while since I could do a casting call and doing one for Bebop should be fun.

Spike - Shia La... no wait... that'd be stupid. I think for now I'd kind of go with Josh Hartnett ala Lucky Number Slevin. He can pull off the whole "I'm sort of aloof" thing that Spike has in the series.

Jet - Delroy Lindo. I know he's not black (okay his last name IS Black but you know what I mean) but I think that Lindo is 1) very underrated as an actor and 2) He's always good as the older gruff but kind-hearted on the inside mentor type.

Faye - Christina Hendricks. Currently in Mad Men but I thought of her after thinking about her playing kind of a similar character in Firefly (Saffron aka "Mrs. Mal Renyolds").

Ed - CGI. Or I guess any child actor nowadays. Could be cheaper that way.

Vicious - Cillian Murphy. I might have picked him because I would pay money to see him any any movie.
User avatar
Spifftacular SquirrelGirl
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 1434
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:58 am
Location: Random tree

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby bastard_robo on Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:22 am

Spifftacular SquirrelGirl wrote:Been a while since I could do a casting call and doing one for Bebop should be fun.

Spike - Shia La... no wait... that'd be stupid. I think for now I'd kind of go with Josh Hartnett ala Lucky Number Slevin. He can pull off the whole "I'm sort of aloof" thing that Spike has in the series.

Jet - Delroy Lindo. I know he's not black (okay his last name IS Black but you know what I mean) but I think that Lindo is 1) very underrated as an actor and 2) He's always good as the older gruff but kind-hearted on the inside mentor type.

Faye - Christina Hendricks. Currently in Mad Men but I thought of her after thinking about her playing kind of a similar character in Firefly (Saffron aka "Mrs. Mal Renyolds").

Ed - CGI. Or I guess any child actor nowadays. Could be cheaper that way.

Vicious - Cillian Murphy. I might have picked him because I would pay money to see him any any movie.


If it were me making the Bebop movie, Vicious would not be apart of it. The Spike/Vicious/Julie story is too bold to be told in the first movie (that saying if the first one makes any money) I would use the approach the show runners did with the animated movie and make a solo story that would fit right in with the TV series.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

Image
User avatar
bastard_robo
SCANK BARON
 
Posts: 4632
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:59 am
Location: Hello Kitty Adventure Island

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby Al Shut on Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:31 am

bastard_robo wrote:If it were me making the Bebop movie, [...] I would use the approach the show runners did with the animated movie and make a solo story that would fit right in with the TV series.


Exactly. Doing a live action Bebop movie instead of a live action version of the series.
Image
User avatar
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER
 
Posts: 6140
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:57 pm
Location: Oberhausen, Germany

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby Seppuku on Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:07 pm

Dale Tremont Presents...

Image
User avatar
Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION
 
Posts: 7872
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:52 am
Location: Limeyland

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby whatakrok on Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:02 am

Ok, go easy on me...
Spike: Matt Damon... I don't know about the martial arts but the guy can act and you need a star to get people in the seats, although, I'm fine with Keanu Reeves.
Jett: Laurence Fishburne... Jett is black in all but color. IMHO he was supposed to be black but the powers that be nixed that to make the show more marketable for Japanese TV.
Faye: Rose McGowan... She has the looks and the chops to pull this off. Faye doesn't have to be an action hero, but she does need to be a sultry femme fatale and Rose can do that.
Ed: Any kid
Viscious: Rob Brydon... He's a British comedian and he is absolutely terrifing as Sylvester Freron in Heroes and Villians: Napolean. It played here on the Military Channel as Warriors. I'm fine with Marsters, though. I see Viscious as a easy role to fill because the character is so evil and one dimensional.
whatakrok
GLIB
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:27 am

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby Ribbons on Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:14 pm

User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13562
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:10 pm




I"m mixed..................... :? :? :?

I pray to CROM that they dont just use the ASTROID BLUES ep to make this movie. While i LOVED the whole show, if one it to make a movie out of it, it has to have EVERYONE IN IT!

SPIKE, JET, FEY, ED, AND EIN!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

Image
User avatar
bastard_robo
SCANK BARON
 
Posts: 4632
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:59 am
Location: Hello Kitty Adventure Island

COWBOY BEBOP

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:21 pm

User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17387
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby TheButcher on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:11 pm

User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17387
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby MadCapsule on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:47 pm




This is a good thing in my eyes. I hope this project gets buried.

I really don't think Reeves has what it takes to pull off the role of Spike. Sure, he could probably get the Jeet Kune Do part down convincingly enough, but then he'd go and open his mouth.
User avatar
MadCapsule
SUSAN CAGLE
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:53 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby klinteastwood on Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:52 pm

they need Faye to be played by a hot japanese chick whos not nessisarily that famous
yea baby..Aya
Image
User avatar
klinteastwood
GLIB
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:30 pm

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby travis-dane on Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:47 pm

klinteastwood wrote:they need Faye to be played by a hot japanese chick whos not nessisarily that famous
yea baby..Aya
Image


She's to young and her boobs are to small.
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
Image
User avatar
travis-dane
100% OLEG!
 
Posts: 5418
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:19 am
Location: DTVille

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby Malenock86 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:55 am

Ok, I think that as it stands, Reeves will RUIN Bebop's good name. He's too old, too stupid, and no where near cool enough to pull off Spike with any semblance of credibility. I think that Zach Levi from Chuck would be a good choice. He could pull off the aforementioned Spikey traits with a believable charm, I'd say. Also, you need some goddamn life, zazz, chutzpah, what have you, with Faye. Elisha Cuthbert is a good choice. By the way, Perlman would BE AWESOME as spike. That's such a good match-up. Kudos to whoever came up with that one. However, I'm afraid this is just going to become the Matrix in Space with Reeves at the helm. I think, and someone PLEASE prove me wrong, but I think they'll go for Laurence Fishburne for Jett, and Carrie-Anne Moss for Faye. Christ, if they do that, I'll never watch another movie again. I swear to god. As far as Ed, totally go for an unknown. And Eine, get Wishbone. Whatever.
Malenock86
GLIB
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:44 am

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby TheButcher on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:43 pm

User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17387
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby TheButcher on Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:28 am

Cowboy Bebop Live Action American Film Still On The Cards Says Shinichirö Watanabe
There is a project underway in America for a live action version of Cowboy Bebop but the details are a secret so I’m afraid I can’t talk about that. Cowboy Bebop was influenced a lot by American film so I am interested to see how Americans will turn that into a live action movie, and I also hope that they’ll be able to keep the feeling of the animated Cowboy Bebop.
User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17387
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby TheButcher on Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:50 am

Shinichiro Watanabe - The Art of Music
User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17387
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:00 pm

User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17387
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby Ribbons on Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:56 pm

So, Firefly then?
User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13562
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby Al Shut on Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:02 am

with better music
Image
User avatar
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER
 
Posts: 6140
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:57 pm
Location: Oberhausen, Germany

Re: COWBOY BEBOP CASTING

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:30 am

Ribbons wrote:So, Firefly then?

Al Shut wrote:with better music

in SPACE!
User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17387
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Previous

Return to Animation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests