Princess Mononoke...

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Princess Mononoke...

Postby Juno Reactor on Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:37 pm

I have a question.

Does anybody here own the Miramax DVD of Princess Mononoke that was released in North America? If so, I would appreciate it if you could check something on it for me.

At the very beginning of the movie, there's the Studio Ghibli logo on a bright, blue logo. It's right after the Miramax logo but before the title credits. On my disk, there's little black "specks" that sporadically appear on this screen (and occassionally throughout the rest of the movie). You have to look carefully...

Tell me, do you see it on your DVD?
Juno Reactor
GLIB

Postby jgraphix on Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:41 pm

Hmm...I have it on VHS..maybe it's just a crappy transfer?
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby Ribbons on Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:59 pm

Is this one of those things where you get up close to the screen and a ghoul pops up and scares the daylights out of you?
Last edited by Ribbons on Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Juno Reactor on Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:03 pm

Well, the black specks are, for the most part, hardly noticable. They appear lightning quick and are gone, and never in great numbers... I just need to compare mine against somebody else with the same DVD to make sure it's a common thing.

Thanks though for your comment.

Once again, if anybody could check, it'd be much appreciated. The best place to check for these black specks--which again, appear and disappear so quickly that the sharp eye might not notice them--is on the bright blue Ghibli logo at the film's beginning.

I look forward to anybody who could help a fellow Miyazaki fan out.

EDIT: No, nothing will jump out of you. It's a movie DVD, not a flash video. ^_^
Juno Reactor
GLIB

Return to Animation