The Simpsons Movie

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

mmm...

Beer
27%
Forbidden Donut
4%
Chocolate
8%
Sprinkles
15%
Candy
4%
64 slices of American Cheese
15%
Free goo
No votes
Something
4%
Slanty
No votes
Incapacitating
4%
Sacrilicious
19%

Total votes : 26

The Simpsons Movie

Postby thomasgaffney on Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:55 pm

I just got this LINK from the BBC sent to me...

A 25 second teaser trailer was shown before Ice Age 2 apparently.....
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby athenabodicea on Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:03 am

Whoo hoo!!!

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby Al Shut on Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:51 am

I'm more a "The Simpsons aren't as funny as they used to be" than than a "They are still better than 90% on TV" guy so I'm a bit worried that a movie would disappoint me unless the writers have been saving some cool ideas for some seasons.

But when it comes to movies I'm always in favor of trying and failing than not trying at all. So Whoo hoo seconded.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby tapehead on Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:06 am

Adult Swim, South Park, Family Guy, Futurama - the Simpsons introduced a whole generation of adults back to watching cartoons again. I'm a bit of a Conan O'Brien era Afficionado, but I can't see a brilliant dude like Matt Groening letting a Simpsons feature hit the screens without some very good writing and ideas along with it

Woohoo!

yes

WooHoo indeed.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:16 am

I wish I'd had known this was news. I've known about it since last year. Production hasn't started fully yet.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:15 am

I think many have known about it for a year, as most of the cast were saying they were recording dialogue for it.

The Kamp Krusty episode was originally going to a film version but they weren't about to expand the idea enough. Hopefully this time they've got one. Unless it's going to be an anthology style story.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:42 am

lol, Kamp Krusty. "Don't be the boy, don't be the boy..."
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby HollywoodBabylon on Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:49 am

I'm uncertain about this. A full length movie. Hmmmmmm......
HollywoodBabylon
AIRWOLF

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:54 am

WOO HOO!

Man, I love the Simpsons. Although its glory days may be behind
it, I still find it very entertaining and funny.

I hope the movie isn't a signal of the shows ending!
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:19 pm

I hope it is. That show has jumped the shark, electric eels, piranhas, alligators, a ferocious lion and one drop of human blood.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby RogueScribner on Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:29 pm

I love The Simpsons, and while the golden years are gone but not forgotten, the show can still tickle my funny bone every so often. I don't know if a movie at this late stage in the game is a good idea or not, but I hope the idea for the movie is worth the feature film format and I hope it's funny as hell.

I just hope it's not a lame concept like The Simpsons in Space or something . . . .
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:57 pm

What if it is like one of the Halloween eps. Them pretending to be something else. That might be fun...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby RogueScribner on Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:10 am

Well, for anyone who had any doubt, Fox aired the teaser during The Simpsons tonight. I guess if they haven't started working on the movie by now, they better get started. ;)
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby EWS on Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:09 am

Get Ricky Gervias to write it.....
monorail77 wrote:I officially vote EWS as way fucking coolest guy in the Zone

You know it makes sense!
Find out why
Remember, your new thread always belongs somewhere else!
EWS
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Vegeta on Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:44 am

Retardo_Montalban wrote:I hope it is. That show has jumped the shark, electric eels, piranhas, alligators, a ferocious lion and one drop of human blood.

Couldn't agree more! My hope is the feature film will be the end of The Simpsons. Fox has been dry humping that show to death for at least the last six seasons :roll:
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Chairman Kaga on Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:03 am

I think it's obvious that the Simpsons will appear on a plane in this film....thus another SOAP.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:31 am

The Simpsons Movie is About... click link to see story on main page about what possibly - the movie might be...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby brendonconnelly on Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:12 pm

I'm compiling all of the Simpsons movie rumours and tidbits that I can.

Please give me any info - and let me know your sources - so I can pile these little clues high.
brendonconnelly
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby RogueScribner on Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:49 pm

If I may quote the plot summary from havoc's link:

WARNING! A RIDICULOUSLY SMALL SPOILER BELOW!!!

"All of the original cast, and writers, are involved. The main plot is that a goof by Homer at the power plant results in the government putting a dome over the city limits of Springfield."

Not much of a plot synopsis, but I can see them going down the Lord-of-the-Flies or poking-fun-at-the-government's-lack-of-a-reasonab le-response-to-a-disaster road.

Or maybe when the dome opens back up, they'll all be expelled to the Phantom Zone!

/ridiculously small spoiler talk
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Chairman Kaga on Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:42 pm

well it's been on for almost 20 years.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Eric G on Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:46 pm

Does this mean the end of Simpsons TV? Nancy Cartright (voice of Bart) was touring Australia about 3 or 4 years ago and the "Simpons Movie" question was asked to her and she said "There has been talks of a Simpsons Movie definatley, but we are thinking of holding out until the very end...because a movie pretty much signifies the end of a series"

Worried much?
Eric G
AIRWOLF

Postby Eric G on Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:56 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:well it's been on for almost 20 years.

I wouldn't mind seeing it go for another 20 years more.

It will be a sad state of affairs the day we have no more new Simpsons.
Eric G
AIRWOLF

Postby RogueScribner on Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:34 pm

Does this mean next season is its last? Maybe we'll get a cliffhanger ending in the finale and then the movie will completely ignore it. :P
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby brendonconnelly on Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:51 pm

There's plenty more TV to come - at least 2 seasons that have yet to enter production. So it'll still be on 9 months after the movie opens, at least.
brendonconnelly
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Bean on Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:31 pm

I have to admit, the past few years have sucked for the Simpsons. South Park and Family Guy are consistantly funny, where as the Simpsons have been dying for the past five years. I have low, low expectations for the movie.
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby The Ginger Man on Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:24 pm

They say the original cast and writers are back for this thing. All I can hope is they got Conan O'Brian to take a break from his show and at least write one line. Just one friggin' line, it's all I need.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:00 am

The Ginger Man wrote:They say the original cast and writers are back for this thing. All I can hope is they got Conan O'Brian to take a break from his show and at least write one line. Just one friggin' line, it's all I need.

I'll take another cameo...

"Sit perfectly still: only I may dance!"
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:24 am

check the main page HERE for the list of writers/directors for the simpsons movie apparentely...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby MrMadCow13 on Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:42 pm

I agree that the show isn't as good as it was several years ago, but I think anyone who has been watching this season in particular will say that has been much improved over the last few. Several of the newer episodes have been very funny, I have faith that the movie will be hilarious as well. I hope it doesn't signal the end of the series, because say what you will about the later seasons, there's still something comforting about knowing that the Simpsons will always be there for you.

It's not fair to say that The Simpsons isn't as consistently funny as Family Guy or South Park because they haven't been on half as long as The Simpsons has. Family Guy relies on the same type of humor over and over again to the point where it stops being funny after a while. As for South Park, they just rip news stories right out of the headlines and build a plot that is a thinly-veiled mockery of said news stories. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Why not just watch the Daily Show if you want to laugh at current events? South Park also loses points for only producing 12 to 14 episodes in a season, whereas The Simpons produce at least 24.

It's just trendy to say that The Simpons is no longer funny, in my opinion. Frankly, shows like Family Guy and South Park don't deserve to be uttered in the same sentence.
MrMadCow13
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby RogueScribner on Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:21 pm

Which shows will stand the test of time? South Park is too topical to still be enjoyable in another 10 years (unless you get the references). Family Guy is a simple show. You know exactly what you're gonna get with it and it may enjoy an extended life in syndication 10 years from now.

But The Simpsons? It will always be on and it will always be watched. It's humor is often stupid, but hardly ever crass or mean-spirited (though my favorite episode is the Frank Grimes one!). Families can watch it together while they eat dinner. The show is enjoyed by all ages, whereas SP and FG have more focused audiences.

50 years from now, people will still know The Simpsons, just like people nowadays know I Love Lucy and The Honeymooners. Will they know Family Guy and South Park?
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:46 pm

RogueScribner wrote:Which shows will stand the test of time? South Park is too topical to still be enjoyable in another 10 years (unless you get the references). Family Guy is a simple show. You know exactly what you're gonna get with it and it may enjoy an extended life in syndication 10 years from now.

But The Simpsons? It will always be on and it will always be watched. It's humor is often stupid, but hardly ever crass or mean-spirited (though my favorite episode is the Frank Grimes one!). Families can watch it together while they eat dinner. The show is enjoyed by all ages, whereas SP and FG have more focused audiences.

50 years from now, people will still know The Simpsons, just like people nowadays know I Love Lucy and The Honeymooners. Will they know Family Guy and South Park?

Agreed about South Park, particularly in the last few seasons which have been heavily "topic of the week". FG is a simple show, but it contains an insane number of pop culture references which feel pretty dated even now when I watch the reruns of the first run.

Of the "big 3" animated comedies, The Simpsons is easily the show that stands up the most over time.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:47 pm

The thing is though, I'm only going to look back fondly on seasons 1 - 8, after that I'll take SP and the first 3 seasons of FG over The Simpsons.
I think it was the episode when Homer becomes a missionary that really ruined the show for me. Still, I'll be first in line for the movie.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Eric G on Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:26 pm

From the Australian Newspaper "The Age":

....the writing crew for The Simpsons Movie will include Groening, Brooks, Jean, Scully, Ian Maxtone-Graham, George Meyer, David Mirkin, Mike Reiss, Matt Selman, John Swartzwelder, and Jon Vitti - all series veterans.

The series' regular voices of Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer, Pamela Hayden and Tress MacNeille will return.

Guest starring in the movie will be US lawyer Erin Brockovich, who had a film made about her, British actress Minnie Driver and Albert Brooks, Fox said.

The producers will be James L Brooks, Matt Groening, Jean, Scully and Richard Sakai.

Reuters have also discovered that Monsters, Inc. co-director and The Simpsons Alum David Silverman will helm The Simpsons Movie.
Eric G
AIRWOLF

Postby Brocktune on Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:06 pm

RogueScribner wrote:South Park is too topical to still be enjoyable in another 10 years (unless you get the references).

thats funny. i was just talking with my buddy about that. i was thinking of the "you got served" episode. not that it is any less funny now than it was then. but its is way less topical. when you got served came out, i was stoked on SP for ripping it, because it just looked so stupid. now, in retrospect, i barely even remembered "you got served". so as pissed as i was at the time, it not something that stands the test of time as well. however, that song that butters tap danced to. that "ive got something in my pocket" song. THAT will be hilarious millennia after i am in the cold cold ground.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MrMadCow13 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:01 am

TonyWilson: I think it was the episode when Homer becomes a missionary that really ruined the show for me

I love that episode, if only for the reason that they make the Pink Floyd reference when Homer is licking the toads. Marge comes in on the radio and says "Hello, is there anybody in there?"

How many people are going to get a Comfortably Numb quote?

And how can you not laugh at "Save me, Jebus."
MrMadCow13
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby brendonconnelly on Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:07 pm

I'd hope LOADS of people would get that Comfortably Numb joke. How many million copies have been sold? Then factor in cover versions, and radio play and so on...

If my brothers can get it, then anybody can.
brendonconnelly
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Vegeta on Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:29 pm

MrMadCow13 wrote:
TonyWilson: I think it was the episode when Homer becomes a missionary that really ruined the show for me

I love that episode, if only for the reason that they make the Pink Floyd reference when Homer is licking the toads. Marge comes in on the radio and says "Hello, is there anybody in there?"

Everybody get's the Pink Floyd reference :roll: I do agree that episode is funny. I love when PBS is chasing him down.
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:29 pm

BTW, here's a direct link to the teaser, in case you haven't seen it:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/thesimpsonsmovie/teaser/
Lord Voldemoo

Postby Kilgore on Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:40 pm

Vegeta wrote:
MrMadCow13 wrote:

Everybody get's the Pink Floyd reference :roll: I do agree that episode is funny. I love when PBS is chasing him down.

I think 'but I don't even BELIEVE in Jebus' could be my all time favorite Homer quote...plus Betty White is badass in that episode.
Kilgore
AIRWOLF

Postby brendonconnelly on Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:05 pm

They should shift production of the TV show to 16:9 also now.
brendonconnelly
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby The Ginger Man on Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:17 pm

RogueScribner wrote:Which shows will stand the test of time? South Park is too topical to still be enjoyable in another 10 years (unless you get the references). Family Guy is a simple show. You know exactly what you're gonna get with it and it may enjoy an extended life in syndication 10 years from now.

I think South Park will be remembered 50 yrs from now. Family Guy? I give it 2 more years before the rest of Hollywood gets fed up with Seth McFarlane ripping off their work, word for word....and then they will eat him alive, absorbing him back into the collective concious that is the primordial ooze of L.A.

But South Park, if anything, evolved what Simpsons created. And sure it's almost too topical, but so is the Daily Show and it will be remember for years to come as evolving how most young Americans get their news. Plus, Parker and Stone do a good job of mixing "normal" episodes in every season. Anyone remember "Ginger Kids?"

When all is said and done, I think SP will very much be remembered in 50 yrs, right beside The Simpsons. Not only that, but I believe Eric Cartman will be remembered as one of the great American cartoon characters. He is the modern day Archie Bunker, only taken to insane, sadistic extremes. He embodies all that's evil and ignorant in America, and he's only in the 4th grade. And, he will have your parents killed, then trick you into eating them just b/c you fooled him out of 10 bucks.

Things like this are remembered forever.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:20 pm

Simpsons Movie Plotpoints clarified/cleared up on the main page... check it - if you so wish...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:13 pm

Albert Brooks played Hank Scorpio. Could the film be a big Bond spoof?

Although he also played Jacques the bowler. And Brad Goodman.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Simpsons Movie Confirmed for 2007

Postby bastard_robo on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:08 pm

SCORPIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Re: Simpsons Movie Confirmed for 2007

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:42 pm

bastard_robo wrote:SCORPIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:05 pm

SCORPIO RETURNS!!!

I hope.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:30 pm

Scorpio would be cool.

Anyone hear anything about Kelsey Grammar attached? Could be a(nother) Sideshow Bob story...
Lord Voldemoo

Postby buster00 on Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:26 am

Yeah, wasn't it something like "putting a big dome over Springfield" that got Mr. Burns shot?

Maybe it wasn't exactly a dome per se, but still...
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: Simpsons Movie Confirmed for 2007

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:54 am

Scorpio fuckin' pwned, but my fave scene from that ep. was after he blew up the 59th Street Bridge...

Good afternoon, gentlemen. This is Scorpio. I have the Doomsday
Device. You have 72 hours to deliver the gold or you'll face the
consequences. And to prove I'm not bluffing, watch this.
[activates a remote]
[an explosion occurs near the UN building]
Man 1: Oh, my God, the 59th Street bridge!
Man 2: Maybe it just collapsed on its own.
Man 1: We can't take that chance.
Man 2: You always say that. I want to take a chance.

oh, and "I moved here from Canada, and
they think I'm slow, eh?"

One of, if not the, best episodes from season 8).
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MrMadCow13 on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:18 pm

"Oh, you mean the hammock district?"
MrMadCow13
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Next

Return to Animation