The Simpsons Movie

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

mmm...

Beer
27%
Forbidden Donut
4%
Chocolate
8%
Sprinkles
15%
Candy
4%
64 slices of American Cheese
15%
Free goo
No votes
Something
4%
Slanty
No votes
Incapacitating
4%
Sacrilicious
19%

Total votes : 26

Postby thatsfunny on Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:14 pm

true, that would be great... but i want him to be somehow related to the plot, not just like his usual non sequitur appearances
thatsfunny
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:17 pm

I imagine at least one Jon Lovitz character will appear as well.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:18 pm

I'm guessing its going to be an extended television idea.

I really hope its not a one joke pony otherwise its not going to stand the test of time, unlike SP: The movie.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:24 pm

Well "Kamp Krusty" was originally going to be The Simpsons Movie, but they eventually found that it couldn't be telegraphed. So I assume they've found a concept that will work.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Wolfpack on Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:36 pm

That trailer they played on Fox wasn't very good - it was mostly that CGI rabbit and it gave very little sense of the plot. Only a tiny bit of footage of Homer operating a wrecking ball.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby havocSchultz on Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:11 pm

Main page linked to some pics from the film...

havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Al Shut on Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:16 pm

Al_Shut wrote:My anticipation for this dropped to the deepest bottoms of hell. The actress that did the German voice of Marge died and getting used to a new one after watching the show for more than my half lifetime will be almost impossible.

I second myself, now that I have heard the new voice. Bleach!!
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Dark Knight on Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:16 pm

Looking at those makes me wonder once again, what in the world is the plot for this movie?!?!
El Wray will find the missing reel, just watch...
Dark Knight
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby RogueScribner on Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:56 pm

There's a plot? I thought they abandoned those after the 8th season. ;)
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby RockyDennis on Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:02 pm

I'm just glad to see that Mr. Teenie is in it
RockyDennis
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Ribbons on Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:43 pm

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:46 pm

Ribbons wrote:NEW TRAILER HERE

Can't watch it at work :cry:

Anybody know if it's the same one they showed last night on Fox during the Simpsons Ep?
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby tapehead on Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:48 pm

Love seeing it in 16:9 and the 3d-stylee camera moves (Ok, Futurama did it in just about every ep) add another visual element - colour me excited!
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby so sorry on Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:51 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
Ribbons wrote:NEW TRAILER HERE

Can't watch it at work :cry:

Anybody know if it's the same one they showed last night on Fox during the Simpsons Ep?

yup
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Tiny spoiler

Postby LaDracul on Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:52 pm

So I'm thinking that Bart turns to Mr. Flanders after Homer is spending too much time with a pig. Yeah. A pig.

I'm wondering why the movie isn't being released in Japan...you'd THINK so...
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby TonyWilson on Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:04 pm

That was really really funny. And it looked gorgeous too. Here's hoping.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:36 pm

the new trailer looks great! Man this will be the culmination of my year! So get this...July 27th 2007...the day the Simpsons movie is released...also Day2 of the San Diego Comic Con...and as it will be a day long remembered....July 27th is my BDAY! Sweetest year ever!
"The only way to rid yourself of tempation...is to yeild to it." Oscar Wilde

Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Terminator on Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:54 am

It's VERY hard to be excited for this movie when you watch the TV show. It really has become fucking awful.
Terminator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby The Thin Man on Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:05 am

Anyone ever notice the show was at it's best when Brad Bird was a creative consultant on it? I wonder if he is anyway involved in the film.
Schindler and I are like peas in a pod. We both made shells for the Germans, it's just that mine worked!
The Thin Man
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:37 pm

MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:45 pm

Thats cute. Pretty fitting to do it that way! I am so happy they made this movie.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:48 pm

Perhaps not news but McFarlane Toys has the license for the Simpsons at the moment and are producing figures for the movie.....
Could those Itchy and Scratchy figures mean that my prayers for a full Itchy and Scratchy cartoon before the movie have been answered?

RogueScribner wrote:
Chairman Kaga wrote:If they don't start this movie with a theatrical full length Itchy and Scratchy cartoon like the WB shorts of old I think they are truly missing out on a great opportunity.

I concur!

BTW, what do you figure the rating will be? PG? PG-13?
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Seppuku on Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:02 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:Perhaps not news but McFarlane Toys has the license for the Simpsons at the moment and are producing figures for the movie.....

Wouldn't it have made more sense if they did the figures for the Family Guy movie instead?
Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:15 pm

RogueScribner wrote:what do you figure the rating will be? PG? PG-13?

Hehehe... it donna matter, eh? The theater, she is a gonna to be filled with a the little bambinos, no?
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby LaDracul on Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:24 pm

I have seen the figs...I love the one with Lisa and Maggie (Maggie's my favorite, of course) and there's also one that has a top secret character Ned and Bart are peering at, and a motorized scene of Bart skateboarding nekkid around Sherri and Terri.
http://action-figure.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=21269

I did see a new trailer, which looks to be a new international trailer where it looks like Maggie's sandbox is filled with quicksand-
http://www.simpsonschannel.com/#newsitemEEZuuVyupyddTgAPkP

Again, no Japan? I know it runs on cable, but everyone remembers these commercials there-
http://japander.com/japander/simpson.htm
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby Anti-Christ on Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:43 am

I just can't get excited over this flick. If only Groening would do the one thing everyone has been waiting for: Bart hits puberty. I mean, God, that could be a movie unto itself I'd pay to see. From what I've heard this film is just another "our town is threatened and the Simpsons are going to save it" ep. I could watch my season DVDs to see that.
Image Creating worlds
Anti-Christ
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby havocSchultz on Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:26 am

Anti-Christ wrote:I just can't get excited over this flick. If only Groening would do the one thing everyone has been waiting for: Bart hits puberty. I mean, God, that could be a movie unto itself I'd pay to see. From what I've heard this film is just another "our town is threatened and the Simpsons are going to save it" ep. I could watch my season DVDs to see that.

Main Page has an early review...

Also posted below for the Link Disabled...

Beware - some things could be considered somewhat of a spoilerish nature...

[quote]
[size=75]Last week I was invited to see a special preview screening of The Simpsons Movie at a theatre in Portland in Oregon . I’ve been keeping a close eye on your site since then, and I can’t believe no one else who was there has popped up here with a review, so I thought I would be the first. We were assured that we were the first in the world to see it, so this should be the first feedback for the movie as a whole. Makes me so proud.

Firstly, why Portland of all places for a world’s first preview, you may ask ? Well, the reason is because of Mr. Groening himself. He went to the University of Oregon , and based the town the Simpsons live in on Portland itself, naming it after Springfield , Oregon which is a couple of hours south of the city. All this seemingly supported by the fact that the preview was held in Portland , but also that Mr. Groening (and I’m pretty damn sure James L. Brooks) attended the screening.

The film in its current form is massively unfinished; with I would guess around 30% of the film in the final hi-def, super sharp animation. The rest was divided between hand drawn storyboards, and low res, choppy colour animation. The voice soundtrack was complete, but the musical score wasn’t.

All this probably means that, even if unchanged, the final print will maintain it’s pacing, excitement and charm a little better than the version we saw, as 2 or 3 hand drawn storyboards don’t quite manage to convey all of the things which makes The Simpsons so special. We did get a pretty good idea of what to expect though, and where the film makers are going with this big screen version.

I’d like to say at this point that I am a pretty big Simpsons fan. I’ve been almost consistently watching since the first episode, and while I agree with the consensus opinion (that the show has dropped off in quality a little in recent years) there is not an episode of The Simpsons which isn’t worth half an hour of my life. I believe that The Simpsons is one of, if not the most significant comedy of my lifetime, spanning genres, comedy styles and age groups. So while I am not an obsessive fan boy, I do recognise and appreciate it’s greatness.

So what did I, a Simpsons appreciator of long standing, think of the movie ? It’s excellent. Is it mind blowingly awesome ? No, not quite. Almost, but not quite. At least not in it’s current form.

In deference to the multi-page non-disclosure agreement I was forced to sign before being let in (and also of course to keep this free of spoilers), I am going to avoid being too specific in this review, and instead give my overall impressions of the film, so you wont get quotes, descriptions of scenes or anything which I feel might compromise the completion of the filmmaking process. However, I’ll still try to make this write-up worthwhile.

The first thing to say is, it’s too short. I didn’t time it exactly, but the movie is something like an hour and a quarter in length. It’s over in a heartbeat. Because (I would guess) of this short running time we come up against the first of the films little problems… Not nearly enough screen time is given to any one of the multitude of surrounding characters. Not one of them. We have the main Simpsons family taking centre stage, and a couple of new characters to be introduced to, but aside from that any of the other people who populate Springfield are reduced to one line (or at least sub-5 second) cameos. I feel they have wasted their best resource by simply omitting them. The trailers assertion that ‘the gangs all here’ is pretty misleading, since with a couple of exceptions (who get a few short minutes each) we don’t get to spend any time with any of the surrounding cast. It’s a crying shame.

The easiest way to describe the film is by way of it’s three acts. They roughly split up into; the first half hour, the second half hour, and the final quarter hour-ish of climax.

The first half hour of the Simpsons movie is hysterical genius. It’s classic. It’s old school. It’s violent. It’s slapstick. It’s clever. It’s everything you could ever want it to be. There’s a gag every couple of seconds (sometimes several going on in the background), and pretty much all of them hit the mark with confidence and accuracy. I haven’t laughed so hard in ages (definitely not since Hot Fuzz). Seriously. My head almost fell off.

It’s here we see scenes like Homer fixing his roof with Bart from the most recent trailer. It’s day to day life stuff, and is The Simpsons at it’s best. The ‘plot’ of this first act reflects back to several classic episodes, and puts the family in situations that are familiar to all of us. Here we do of course meet all our favourite characters (albeit, as I said, too briefly), and get some marvellously funny set pieces.

You might even say that the first act of the Simpsons movie is the Best. Episode. Ever. (sorry).

The second half hour is a problem. Here we are attempting to further the plot, and add some conflict and exposition. It’s not that it’s bad, just that it isn’t really as good. The gag rate drops right off, and (shockingly for such a short movie) it feels a little slow. There’s some good moments in there of course, but it just seems to lose it’s zap and it’s zing. Here we could have done with branching off from the main story line and returning to perhaps some of the supporting characters for some laughs, some fun-poking, and some humour for humour’s sake. Padding if you will.

There is one stand out scene in this middle section which is utterly inspired, and where you get to see Bart at his comedy best, but even if I wanted to describe it I couldn’t do so and maintain the humour. You’ll just have to go see it wontcha?

The final short act, where the climax is played out, and everyone learns a valuable lesson, is exciting, clever and extremely satisfying. It definitely ends well, if a little abruptly. It all wraps up pretty neatly, and the animation here is superb, mixing high quality 2D and 3D to outstanding effect.

To ensure they get a brief mention, the voice acting is typically faultless, and the music was adequate – even though unfinished.

People keep asking me: “so is it any good, or is it just like a longer episode?â€
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby buster00 on Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:23 am

What's cooler than getting all the Springfields in the U.S. to create a tie-in promotion for the movie?

Converting all the 7-Elevens to Quik-E-Marts!
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:12 am

from film ick today

tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Seppuku on Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:28 am

Why's Bart got a slingshot in his hand- he's not Dennis the f'in Mennis?

I guess Fox didn't want to promote roof-boarding, CKY style.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby tapehead on Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:38 am

Bart's been rocking a shanghai for a while...
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:40 am

Ya - wasn't he always pictured with a catapult in the early Simpsons merchandise?

Or a slingshot, whatever.........
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonkeyM666 on Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:00 am

His character was partly based on Dennis the Mennis so he’s suppose to look like that. Bart has been dodge for years, I mean do you think that the Bartman musicvideo was good??

MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Seppuku on Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:15 am

MonkeyM666 wrote:His character was partly based on Dennis the Mennis so he’s suppose to look like that. Bart has been dodge for years, I mean do you think that the Bartman musicvideo was good??

Yes, yes I do. But I think I prefer Deep Deep Trouble. Especially for Homer's line: "D'oh! Now you can't go, to the boat show!"

Not sure what's so funny about it, but the idea of Dan Castellanata trying to rap amuses me.
Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby tapehead on Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:16 am

MonkeyM666 wrote:His character was partly based on Dennis the Mennis so he’s suppose to look like that. Bart has been dodge for years, I mean do you think that the Bartman musicvideo was good??

nuts to that - I hope this movie ROCKXORS!!!
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby MonkeyM666 on Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:20 am

So do I... but my heart lies with the big man himself, not with the boy :)
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Zarles on Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:22 am

All I really want from this is an appearance from Mr. Sparkle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW9Y2aBi7aw&NR

There's your answer, Fishbulb.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:24 am

seppukudkurosawa wrote:
MonkeyM666 wrote: His character was partly based on Dennis the Mennis so he’s suppose to look like that. Bart has been dodge for years, I mean do you think that the Bartman musicvideo was good??

Yes, yes I do. But I think I prefer Deep Deep Trouble. Especially for Homer's line: "D'oh! Now you can't go, to the boat show!"

Not sure what's so funny about it, but the idea of Dan Castellanata trying to rap amuses me.

Mr Plow, That's my name
That name again, is Mr. Plow
tapehead
BALLS!!!

The Simpsons Movie

Postby bastard_robo on Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:59 am

Lets not forget Apu's quick e mart song.

I still sand that this movie will make $400 billion dollars at the BO!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:07 am

I'm hoping for a Disco Stu cameo!
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonkeyM666 on Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:15 am

But Disco Stu don't advertise....
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby LaDracul on Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:20 am

I found the track listing for the movie score-

* 1. Simpsons Theme
* 2. Trapped Like Carrots
* 3. Doomsday Is Family Time
* 4. Release The Hounds
* 5. Clap For Alaska
* 6. What's An Epiphany ?
* 7. Thank You Boob Lady
* 8. You Doomed Us All'Again
* 9. Lead, Not To Read
* 10. Why Does Everything I Whip Leave Me ?
* 11. Bart's Doodle
* 12. World's Fattest Fertilizer Salesman
* 13. His Big studly Butt Could Shields Us All
* 14. Spider Pig
* 15. Reclessly Impulsive

So I'm guessing the parts where they relocate to Alaska and Homer bonding with the pig are still in there, as well as nekkid skateboarding.

I'm not sure about a soundtrack with various artists, but Green Day (Who also show up in the movie) will release their cover of the "Simpsons" theme as a single.

-image from greenday.net-
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

The Simpsons Movie

Postby bastard_robo on Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:26 am

Disco Stu also cant get the dead fishes out of his shoes.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Peven on Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:32 pm

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Maui on Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:56 pm

Doh!

I'll go see this, only because I'm a Simpsons fan dating way back to the very first episode. I've liked everything Matt Groening has done - this includes FUTURAMA!!

Gotta love that Beck episode.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:56 pm

Pamp at Spider-Pig. That shot of Itchy in the other trailer better be an indication of a full length Itchy and Scratchy cartoon before the movie.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:04 pm

I love that it scored a pg-13 rating.
"The only way to rid yourself of tempation...is to yeild to it." Oscar Wilde

Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:05 pm

Maui wrote: I've liked everything Matt Groening has done - this includes FUTURAMA!!.

How could it not? People who don't like Futurama aren't really human at all. Beware. BEWARE!
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:05 pm

Hollywood_Bob wrote:I love that it scored a pg-13 rating.

The Simpsons movie and Live Free or Die Hard have the same rating.

there's something just odd about that...
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Maui on Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:08 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:
Maui wrote: I've liked everything Matt Groening has done - this includes FUTURAMA!!.

How could it not? People who don't like Futurama aren't really human at all. Beware. BEWARE!

hahaha, I was a little late in the game with Futurama. But better late than never though. I didn't catch onto the show in the beginning - now I'm hooked.
Maui
WoWie

PreviousNext

Return to Animation