Korgoth of Barbaria

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Korgoth of Barbaria

Postby unikrunk on Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:06 pm

Screw it, I mentioned it in the Venture Bros. Thread, but Korgoth of Barbaria needs a thread of his own.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RTlYhSZbb5U&search=barbarian

Korgoth of Barbaria, Adult Swim’s second dip into action animation is set in a dark future wasteland where the cities have fallen, primordial beasts have reclaimed the globe, and thieves and savages populate sparse, dirty towns. Korgoth emerges from the frozen North, and his merciless savagery may be his only key to survival. Korgoth of Barbaria is an animated fantasy-action-adventure-comedy from Aaron Springer. The half-hour pilot episode will air in September.

This can not air soon enough; it looks as good as or better than Venture Bros. A great send up of Thundar The Barbarian
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:09 pm

It does look like fun. For some reason watchint that I had a flash back to Pirates of Dark Water. I have no idea why. It just happened. Damn Twinky flashbacks
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:15 pm

I can't wait....Conan/Thundarr is perfect material for an animated show. I really prefer this stuff to Adult Swim's fascination with repeating old anime ad nauseum.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:20 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:I can't wait....Conan/Thundarr is perfect material for an animated show. I really prefer this stuff to Adult Swim's fascination with repeating old anime ad nauseum.

seconded - plus Thundarr was my all time favorite toon as a kid - "Ookla, we ride!"

unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Kilgore on Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:24 pm

Quick Thundarr question...was there ever a whole 'the story of the Moks' episode, with just Ookla and a ton of his bretheren all over the place - kind of an origin story/Star Wars Family Christmas blend?

Because when you get one Mok, you just can't help wanting more.

This show looks great...different animation style, reminds me of some stuff from the old 'Heavy Metal' movie, with some Mort Drucker underpinnings.
Kilgore
AIRWOLF

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:25 pm

I wish Thundarr was on fucking DVD. How many other shows when I was a youngin' started out with the apocalypse? In the damn theme song no less.

The year: 1994. From out of space comes a runaway planet, hurtling between the Earth and the Moon, unleashing cosmic destruction! Man's civilization is cast in ruin!
Two thousand years later, Earth is reborn...
A strange new world rises from the old: a world of savagery, super science, and sorcery. But one man bursts his bonds to fight for justice! With his companions Ookla the Mok and Princess Ariel, he pits his strength, his courage, and his fabulous Sunsword against the forces of evil.
He is Thundarr, the Barbarian!!
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:27 pm

@Kaga - the opening showed NY getting taken the fuck out - people drowning and shit - I loved it.

and yes, to have this on DVD would be a very good thing.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:31 pm

It was awesome.....Much better then the link minded Galtar.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:32 pm

I wish they would do a KAMANDI, THE LAST BOY ON EARTH series. God help me I liked that comic. I own a whole mess of them. They used to be my dads.

I heard about a mini series in the 90's but never saw it and from that can only asume it sucked.
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:37 pm

I thought Kamandi was like half of Kirby's inspiration for Thundarr.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:11 pm

Was it. I have no idea. I can see some connections.
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby unikrunk on Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:59 am

I caught the pilot last night; the most violent cartoon I have ever seen, hands down. My jaw was unhinged the entire 22 minutes.

The pilot was awesome; I can't wait to see the character develop more. I want to know Korgoth's story.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:08 pm

Twasn't the most violent I have seen but was up there. I love that mundane items like the postal service survive the apocalypse.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:47 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:Twasn't the most violent I have seen but was up there. I love that mundane items like the postal service survive the apocalypse.

True, I was not counting tentacle-rape Japanese stuff. Still, very, very violent, and awesome.

I love this show, it left me wanting more. The misspelled sign had me laughing my ass off.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:56 am

It was good but somehow only left me wanting to watch Venture Bros.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby jgraphix on Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:32 am

I enjoyed it. Loved the part where he ripped off the dudes skin in the bar. That scene was hillarious.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:33 am

So was that just a pilot? I saw no episode on Sunday.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Return to Animation