Mike Mignola's - The Amazing Screw On Head

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Postby tfactor on Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:04 pm

10pm

yes tonight I am all about the sci and the fi. Though I was a little disappointed by Eureka this week, I was hoping that and these other shows were going to lite a huge fire under the channel and really give it some momentum. we'll see
Last edited by tfactor on Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby tfactor on Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:06 pm

Scifi.com says they are running an encore episode of this on Sunday August 20 at Midnight. However you can still watch and the entire pilot episode here

They've closed the "we want to know what you think" survey on their website though, which I don't know if that means we only get the 1 episode or what.

I just looked into the comic and it was a "one shot" thing. I don't think Mike-the-man has written anything more for this character for them to continue making new episodes. Plus this was written in 2002 and is just now getting released as a TV show, so is there any hope?

Do you think H@rry knows Mike at all or maybe someone @ scifi? maybe he could ask directly and get the inside word on this?

Come on h@rry help us out here!
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby bastard_robo on Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:55 am

Did anyone else go and pick this up last week on dvd?

Possibly the greatest pilot EVER!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby The Garbage Man on Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:38 am

Emperor Zombie: "Apologize? To you? Pardon me if I say 'poppycock.'"
Screw-On Head: "Then say it."
Emperor Zombie: "Poppycock!"
Screw-On Head: "You let America down."
Emperor Zombie: "You let me down. You went on and on about how sweet the candy was, then told me not to put it in my mouth and got mad at me when I did."
Screw-On Head: "If by 'candy' you mean 'ancient forbidden evil' then, yes, I told you not to put it in your mouth."

The Amazing Screw-On Head is one tasty slice of animated pie.
Not sure whether this violates Zone rules, but the DVD-phobic can view the pilot on Google video.
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby Silent Shout on Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:20 am

Thanks for posting the link, that was great! I'd never heard of the show until now, it's too bad that it seems it wasn't picked up for more episodes. Loved the Mignola art transferred into a cartoon like this, very cool. Some hilarious dialog in parts as well.

I loved the part right when Scew and his girlfriend are going to tell each other that they love each other when a vampire flies down and takes and bites her, it was such an odd thing to find hilarious.
I just want your music tonight
Silent Shout
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:32 am

Silent Shout wrote:it's too bad that it seems it wasn't picked up for more episodes.

methinks the producers of "Heroes" were able to ply Fuller with more dough than this show ever could.

I really dug the use of Lincoln and how he ties the whole project into the Hellboy universe...if you believed Abe Sapien was somehow imbued with the spirit of Abe Lincoln, which was definitely hinted at.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: Mike Mignola's - The Amazing Screw On Head

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:20 am

A buddy of mine at work lent me THE AMAZING SCREW-ON HEAD and I chuckled like no one's business.
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY

Previous

Return to Animation