King Arthurs Disasters

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

King Arthurs Disasters

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:28 am

AT LAST! The website is up and running with clips from the show. And yes, I truly AM a plant on this because I worked on it. Three episodes. No clips of those ones on the site, though. *sighs*

It might be of interest to fans of Rick Mayall, Matt Lucas, Morwenna Banks (who's brilliant in it) and Phil Cornwell, so go take a peeky! Our briefing on the second season was "make it funnier". Well, my episodes were funny, and the rest under the guidance of director David Freedman (creator of Aaagh! It's the Mr Hell Show!) should be just-as-good. A lot of talented peeps I know worked on it as boarders, including one of the board artists on Corpse Bride and another who directed a sequence on Fantasia 2000.

So, click on the link below and take a look!

It's a legit show, so no point sticking it somewhere on the forum where it'd go to waste. Fact is I pissed my pants laughing whilst creating some of those boards, so hopefully someone will get off on it here.

Lucky I work at home, really, otherwise pissing myself could've been a problem in an office...

edit - try the clips if you don't wanna bother navigating the site... much easier... look out for Wedding Ring...
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:16 am

it looks cool - how much of the character design comes from you, AH?
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:24 am

None, fella. I'm a storyboard artist, hence I do the storyboards...

HOWEVVAH...

I did have plenty of opportunity to design some backgrounds for my episodes, which was nice. I also got to lead the design for one of Morwenna's characters because of the way I felt her character played in the script, prompted by a remark by my director, which was fun. For another character I "designed", I merely chose an older model and tinkered with the design to create an "Evil Merlin". So I did have some opportunity to push things on occasion.

edit - I did design a couple of characters in-board, coming to think of it, but whether they'll be used as designed I don't know.

The way the storyboarding was structured was we had a TON of leeway direction-wise. If we thought we could make something funnier, we'd pitch it to the director, or if we felt something could be protracted or added to. It was a lot of fun to work on.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:27 am

so 'some' then
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:35 am

Considering the huge wealth of designs, very... very leetle.

Like smaller than a gnats testicle.

;)
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:11 am

I forgot to mention, KAD is on CiTV at 4pm every Monday and Friday. And DAMN if I didn't miss one of my own episodes last night!

Anyhow, attended the opening at Bafta last night and saw one I boarded. Fuck me it was funny, and I really mean it - not just cos I worked on it, it's genuinely one of the most fun jobs I've ever done. Just hilarious to work on and it's as fast as it can possibly be without going over the top.

Here's a clip for you at the directors blog at the top - be warned, it's seriously OTT at the end. Yes, he went there. And yes, the entire show is filthy.

http://www.sling-shot.biz/
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:21 am

noice!
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:50 am

Spankers.

I can promise cross dressing, female masturbation, cow shit, dink-touching and unexplained plot contrivances. If you like any of those, you'll find something to like here.

Oh, and a Mancurian Don Quixote fighting a lion.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Ginger Man on Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:42 am

Wow....very nice! Congrats, man!
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:58 am

Cheers, G! Just a reminder, it's on tonight on CITV around 4.30 (I think) - the board artist is one of the guys off the Corpse Bride for this episode. Don't know which one it is though. I've not seen any other than the two episodes I saw on Fri...
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Return to Animation