Fantastic Four on Cartoon Network

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Fantastic Four on Cartoon Network

Postby bamf on Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:21 pm

I searched all over and didnt find a thread. If there is one, forgive me. Im not that educated on the canon of F4 besides Doom, Silver Surfer, and Galactus. So I wont be able to site irregularites. But I really enjoyed the opening episode. Its not completly over the top anime, more stylized I would say. The story had its fun moments and the introduction to characters was nice to have without a whole origin piece again. Sue seemed a bit one note obsessing about her brother, and Reed seemed to barrel through his nerdy lines. I liked it though, and with JLU off the air it is welcome, you?
bamf
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby magicmonkey on Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:05 am

There is mention of it in a thread that currently eludes me which featured some character shots. bamf for now, I'd say its safe to say this thread is legit. :D

Thanks for looking first!
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Ribbons on Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:16 am

magicmonkey wrote:There is mention of it in a thread that currently eludes me which featured some character shots. bamf for now, I'd say its safe to say this thread is legit. :D

I think so too. I'm pretty sure this is the thread you're looking for, but it's an all-purpose Fantastic Four thread and it's in the comics forum, so this one's all yours, bamf.

magicmonkey wrote:Thanks for looking first!

w to the 3rd.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Bob Samonkey on Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:56 am

I saw it too and enjoyed it, Some of it was over the top but I did enjoy how they did not do an origin.

On the other hand it made me wonder if Teh Balm was watching it too and that made me sad...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Shane on Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:12 am

I missed it does anyone know when it will re-run?
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby bamf on Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:22 am

Shane wrote:I missed it does anyone know when it will re-run?

I looked a week ahead and wasnt able to see a rerun so looks like its getting the JLU treatment.

I searched, saw FF4 in comics and thought, well, this is tv. Now that I actually checked the thread I have a little remorse. Damn.
bamf
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby The Garbage Man on Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:58 am

My listings show it re-airing next Saturday at 10 AM. It's incorrectly listed as the episode "Doomsday" because of the last-minute switch to "Trial by Fire," the Ronan the Accuser episode.
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby Chairman Kaga on Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:01 am

I wasn't very impressed.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bamf on Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:41 am

Ill echo what was said in the comic thread, but The Thing with his graffiti four on the chest is a little lame. If only during the trial, when Bens thoughts are being broadcast, they could have shown a scene with Johny tagging him while he was asleep. Otherwise a simple 4 on his pants would have been fine.
bamf
SUSAN CAGLE

Missed it

Postby zacks19 on Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:25 pm

Yeah, I missed this to, and I would have loved to have caught it. I'm sure it will be on youtube or something sometime soon...
zacks19
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby MasterWhedon on Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:31 pm

Was the animation any good? Is it super-stylized?
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Bob Samonkey on Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:35 pm

Yes it was.
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby ONeillSG1 on Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:08 pm

It was ok. Sue was too much of an annoying c*nt and Reed seemed p-whipped, but I guess that was par for the course.

Or as the great Ian McShane would put it: "Loopy f***en c*nt."
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby bamf on Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:55 pm

After episode two, Im still having fun with this. But the Baxter building is looking quite phallic. A once girlfriend of mine long ago had a toy that looked just like the top of said building sans floating four. It had these variable spee..

nevemind. :oops:
bamf
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby EdRyder on Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:41 pm

Was the animation good??! Hell no!Terrible "Martin Mystery" Im not really trying-break animation.I hate Break animation.Yeah I use the term break ,like hip hop or breakbeat....Theres all these stops and pauses.The movement just is not fluid.
And overall the show stinks.
Just one more cartoon thats MAKING this generation of kiddies STUPID
EdRyder
GLIB

The Fantastic Four & H.E.R.B.I.E

Postby TheButcher on Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:03 am

Fantastic Four (1978) - #1
The New Fantastic Four is an animated series produced by DePatie-Freleng Enterprises and Marvel Comics Animation in the late 1970s, It is the second animated series based on Marvel's comic book series Fantastic Four. The 1978 series replaced the character of the Human Torch with a robot named H.E.R.B.I.E., (Humanoid Experimental Robot, B-type, Integrated Electronics). A long-lasting rumor stated that this change was made by the TV network (NBC) because executives did not want young viewers to imitate the Human Torch by setting themselves on fire. This rumor proved to be untrue, as the 1978 television rights to use that character were tied up by a proposed television pilot movie in development by Universal Studios (now a sister company to NBC) that ended up never being produced.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Return to Animation