CLONE WARS CGI Movie/TV Series

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

CLONE WARS CGI Movie/TV Series

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:30 am

First major words on the show since it was announced

THIS IS NOT THE LIVE ACTION SERIES or the short c artoonseries!

Lucas says it could be out on our TV screens next year!!!!!!

Read on people! :-)

Lucas on the CG-animated Star Wars Series
Source: The Associated Press October 5, 2006

George Lucas talked to the Associated Press on Wednesday and said that Lucasfilm's CG-animated "Star Wars" TV series could air next year, although he hasn't sold the show to a network yet.

The "Clone Wars" series is set during the time when the Republic is fighting a civil war against separatists led by Count Dooku. The mythic period hasn't been dealt with too much in the popular "Star Wars" movies, so "it's a fun place to go," Lucas said.

"It basically has all the main characters" such as Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, Lucas said, but the stars who played them in the movies won't voice them for the TV show.

The series is one of many projects being pursued by Lucas, including a fourth "Indiana Jones" movie.

"We're working on it. We haven't agreed on a script yet," Lucas said.
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:34 am

Apparently Frank Oz has said he is involved with this. As well as Anthony Daniels of course.

Does Lucas even have to worry about selling the show to a network? It's not like anyone would turn it down.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:37 am

Network exec: "Hmmmm Staaaaar Wars. I dunno... sounds familar. Does it have legs? How can we market this? You got anything cute and cuddly in there?...................... E-woks... eeeewoks.... hmmmm okay. Look, George, is it? I'll tell you what we do - I'm gonna take this idea down to our demogrpahics department and see if they got an idea of what we can do with it. Then its up to marketing. I could be a while. George... I got an idea... go and we'll call.... don't call us... we'll call you.... alright then..." :-)

Nope, never gonna happen! Hope this is good - Tartovsky's Cone Wars was fucking excellent! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby happydude3 on Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:30 pm

Now I imagine each episode of this requires a lot of man hours. Anyone heard if it will be a half hour show? If, like Clone Wars, its a series of shorts than that will definitely limit the network possibilities. Of course, I'd rather Lucasfilm could just find a way to beam any forthcoming projects directly into my head.
happydude3
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:36 pm

There's already a thread for this. Go check it out in Coaxial for it. I can't be bothered to copy and paste the link.

BTW, I think any Star Wars TV series is gonna be a shit idea and along with the Prequels, will lower the overall quality of the name 'Star Wars' as we know it.

Now, locking.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:41 pm

So I don't get it. It is a animated series set in the Clone Wars...

Didn't we already have that?

Is this just the laserdisk version of the original Clone Wars animated series?
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby MonkeyM666 on Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:11 pm

Yeah, 'please explain'.... I'm sure that I read recently that it was a live action show. They were using Battlestar as a starting point for bread and butter CG to see how they can do it.

I did read it online though, so who knows if it's true or not.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:12 pm

There's already a thread for this. Mods - please redirect. I'm getting too tired for this sort of thing.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:07 pm

BADGERS!

I sense another Captain Scarlet. Only less dark. Cos that's one CG kids show that was fucked up! BOYYYYEEEE!
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:26 pm

Kirk, this thread is for the live action series. This thread can stay for the CG one.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:18 am

Thank you Master Whedon! Thank you!

Everybody else.... see you in EFBR! :-)

Shame we ain't heard any updates on this! But I personally think it will be good! :-)

Well, I have high hopes at the very least! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:26 am

(Not that it's always correct but...)

The IMDB for it has got some crew details up, so something must be happening.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:29 am

WOW! That is exciting/interesting! Thanks Fried Gold! :-)

Below are the top crew parts for those who don't want to click. This makes me feel that they are well under way. Due to the names and the nature of the project I would trust the directors as being correct!

Oooh, wow, that is pretty exciting! I hope we do get a kick ass ad campaign for it! :-)

Directed by
Brian O'Connell
Dave Bullock (multiple episodes)
Rob Coleman (multiple episodes)
Dave Filoni (supervising)
George Samilski (one episode)

Writing credits (in alphabetical order)
Kevin Campbell writer
Henry Gilroy writer
George Krstic writer
George Lucas characters and universe

Cast (in alphabetical order)
Anthony Daniels .... C-3PO (voice)

Frank Oz .... Yoda (voice)

Matthew Wood .... General Grevious (voice)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:36 am

Rob Colemon is the animation supervisor from the films, so it may lilkely have a similar feel to the all-CG scenes from 1,2 and 3.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:43 am

If it's in (which I believe it is) an entire CGI world... then that would work. My big complaint for prequel was that everything was too clean!

however, I also feel that was my lack of understanding! Beause this was before the war, this was when everything was hiney and new. And in the OT it's after they've had the shit kicked out of them... maybe an excuse... but it makes sense in some way! :-)

Boy, was that off topic? I don't know! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:53 am

I have no idea waht is going on here. It's not the live action series? It's not Clone Wars Volume 3? It's a CGI version of Clone Wars? It's a CGI version set AWOUND the Clone Wars, but not officially the Clone Wars?

It's a CGI version of how GL wants to move on from Star Wars even though he wants to cover the events of Jedis going to the toilet or stroking their lightsabre in private over coruscantscunts.com.cor when no other Jedi celibate 'monks' can see them?

No wonder I had trouble trying to lock this thread. What is this damn series?!?!!?!?

I'll be up for it anyway, if anyone needs me!!!!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:06 pm

"Only now, at the end, do you understand"

Or not.
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:08 pm

Understand what?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:09 pm

What this TV series is.
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:12 pm

But I still don't. It's YOU that doesn't understand. You don't understand what I said.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:12 pm

It's a half hour long CGI series covering the clone wars. I suspect each one will deal with different aspects. THats what I originally remember but the post at the top says everything that is known so far. You know what Lucasfilm is like...

But if they have all those directors working on it for a 2007 release... expect more information soon! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:14 pm

So it's Clone Wars Colume 3 in CGI? Or an alternative Clone Wars CGI series?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:16 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:But I still don't. It's YOU that doesn't understand. You don't understand what I said.

Is this your standard argument today? "No - everything going on in my head is going on in YOUR head"?

I understand you perfectly well dude - you have no fucking clue what this tv show is, right? That's what I was getting at, whilst cunningly referring to Return of the Jedi. Damn, I think those med trials are really starting to take their toll on you now.....
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:16 pm

Its an expansion of Clone Wars shorts series. I don't THINK (this is my own geek mind and nothing else) that is will be called CLone Wars Series 3 and shouldn't be considered as such. That was Tartovskies baby! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:17 pm

KIRK IT'S A CGI SERIES ABOUT THE CLONE WARS - IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CARTOON.

Is any of this sinking in?
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:19 pm

You bunch of annoying and idiotic Wankers!!!!!

TITG, you fooooo!!!!!! It's a CGI version of the Clone Wars - how the fuck can it have nothing to do with the cartoon, if the cartoon that was 'oh for some reason, called 'Clone Wars' was ABOUT - guess what - the freaking CLONE WARS!!!!!

COME ON!!! IT's even about the same characters!!!!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:25 pm

Who says they are the main characters?
The "Clone Wars" series is set during the time when the Republic is fighting a civil war against separatists led by Count Dooku. The mythic period hasn't been dealt with too much in the popular "Star Wars" movies, so "it's a fun place to go," Lucas said.

"It basically has all the main characters" such as Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, Lucas said, but the stars who played them in the movies won't voice them for the TV show.

Seems to me it "has" them it says nothing of it centering around them. You do realize Kirk the Clone Wars involved more characters and events than what was depicted in either the previous show or the movies, right?
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:27 pm

*head explodes*

Ever seen the SW Holiday Special? It features Boba Fett and Chewie, I believe.

It still has nothing to do with the SW movies. This is the same deal.

The Clone wars cartoon is done and dusted, it's finished - there are two (2) volumes - capiche?

This is a new show, also about the clone wars. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the cartoon, other than the fact that it is paid for by the same company.

Any better now?
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:32 pm

Yes yes yes, the fact that it centres on the main characters such as the top billed freaking characters of Obi and Annie, as well as other main characters that we've already seen from thje series, and just like The Clone Wars and centres on the events of The Clone Wars again, albeit different or the same as what we've already seen, well then fuck it, practically speaking, it may as well be Clone Wars Season 3 but in CGI eh!??!!?

My question is, what's the freaking difference? So far, hardly any. Cetainly hardly any to call this offically different to the Clone Wars animations, apart from this being in CGI animation and not cartoon.

I think it's not me who is being a prat here. It's just that you guys are seeing into this not as deeply as me, meaning, not as deep enough - as I'm so cooler than you lot anyway.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:37 pm

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:*head explodes*

Ever seen the SW Holiday Special? It features Boba Fett and Chewie, I believe.

It still has nothing to do with the SW movies. This is the same deal.

The Clone wars cartoon is done and dusted, it's finished - there are two (2) volumes - capiche?

This is a new show, also about the clone wars. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the cartoon, other than the fact that it is paid for by the same company.

Any better now?

NO!!! Only worse!

For starters, last I heard, Clone Wars cartoon was gonna have another season made. GL said there'd be another if I remember correctly.

"This is a new show, also about the clone wars. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the cartoon, other than the fact that it - is about these events, and has the same characters etc."

Come you gotta admit it, this CGI series has far too much in common with the cartoon to be considered to be genuinely different, no matter what spin they put on it, what angle they approach it from, no matter how different a style they take. Let's face it, it is SO similar sounding to the Clone Wars cartoons that you might as well just call it Clone Wars in CGI.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:41 pm

This series at best in terms of story, sounds like it has the potential at best to be like 30% a different show or concept from the Clone Wars. So what's the point in calling it something else? It basically is Clone Wars in CGI, right?

Come on you lot, you know this is correct. The facts speak for themselves.

Oh and the SW holiday special? It had the whole cast singing 'What do you get for a Wookie, when he already has a comb'.

That itself, already marks it as being better than the PT and it's awful dialogue to warrant it miles higher in quality than the PTs, therefore - a production all on it's own.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:50 pm

The cartoons were predominantly a Genndy Tartakovsky creation. This is not. It does not feature the same events as the cartoons , which were made to fill the gap between AOTC and ROTS, so it seems fair to assume that while it may well have appearances from the likes of Obi-Wan and Anakin, it won't be based around the same events of the cartoons (since we're talking about a period of several years here, between AOTC and ROTS) - remember in ROTS when Ani says something like "that's the fifth time I've had to rescue you", and Obi says "fourth - that business on blahblahblah doesn't count"? Well THAT is the kind of shit we might expect to see in this show. It would be nice if that female sith-wannabe turned up though....

Yes, it's about the Clone Wars - yes, it will probably even be called "The Clone Wars" But that doesn't make it the same (or even 70% the same)

I am now going off for a heavy drinking session, to banish the memory of this exchange from my mind.
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:59 pm

It's Clone Wars. Just done with computer graphics rather than cel animation.

So instead of just being painted brown, the Wookies will benefit from digital fur rendering.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:00 pm

Clone Wars only lasted 2-3 years man. That's a few years, not several. If this series features anything from the Clone Wars, then it basically is covering the same kind of events as the cartoon series, so again, it practically is the same thing. Look no matter what these characters get up to, this series won't cover anything that the cartoon couldn't, wether a Volume 3 is made or not. The cartoon can depict this, so again, you might as well consider it Clone Wars Volume 3 (only in CGI), as no matter what differences this series may have, it won't make it different enough to make it officially a 'different' production.

You will never forget this conversation with me. As if you won't wake up at 3am in your bed tonight, thinking about it.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:08 pm

Wow - calling me on the definition of several? You're a desperate man.
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:10 pm

Hahahaa!!! You love the comebacks!!!!

Haha!! calling me desperate, when you already know that I AM!!! (stuffed Otter anyone!?)

Now that IS desperate!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:29 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Yes yes yes, the fact that it centres on the main characters such as the top billed freaking characters of Obi and Annie, as well as other main characters that we've already seen from thje series,

Where does it say that?
Cpt Kirks 3pay wrote:and just like The Clone Wars and centres on the events of The Clone Wars again, albeit different or the same as what we've already seen, well then fuck it, practically speaking, it may as well be Clone Wars Season 3 but in CGI eh!??!!?

Except the series ended at the exact point where episode 3 began.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:34 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:
Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Yes yes yes, the fact that it centres on the main characters such as the top billed freaking characters of Obi and Annie, as well as other main characters that we've already seen from thje series,

Where does it say that?

silentbobafett wrote:George Lucas talked to the Associated Press on Wednesday and said that "It basically has all the main characters" such as Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi,

How's that CG1?

Chairman Kaga wrote:
Cpt Kirks 3pay wrote:and just like The Clone Wars and centres on the events of The Clone Wars again, albeit different or the same as what we've already seen, well then fuck it, practically speaking, it may as well be Clone Wars Season 3 but in CGI eh!??!!?

Except the series ended at the exact point where episode 3 began.

True but heh, don't ask me mate. GL still said that Clone Wars Volume 3 would continue to depict the events of the Clone Wars anyway, so it could be back in time from the beginning of SW3 still. Heh, the more I talk about Volume 3 and it depicting the events of the Clone Wars, it sounds more and even more like Clone Wars CGI.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:55 pm

Yet again Kirk it says it has those characters it does not say it centers on those characters. Ep 1-3 had R2 and C3PO....Did those movies center around R2 and C3PO? I rest my case.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:06 pm

Does it really matter? It doesn't say that it DOESN'T centre on those characters either, so it may still or not. Anyway, the Clone Wars didn't centre on the main characters that much anyway, it still spread itself out to other guys. Look, if the CGI series DOES centre on the main characters more than the cartoon, then not much difference from the cartoon in this respect, which was sorta half centreing on them overall. If the CGI series doesn't centre on the main characters, but overall gives it the same focus that the cartoon did - then there's absolutely no difference to the cartoons in this respect. If the CGI series centres on the main characters even less than the cartoons, then not much difference between the cartoon in this respect, again.

So again, not much difference in the CGI series description to the cartoons, is there?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Wolfpack on Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:34 pm

Woohoo! Souns great.
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:12 pm

ALL HAIL KIRK!!!!

ARGUMENTS DIE AT HIS FEET!!!

<kneel>
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Fievel on Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:57 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Does it really matter? It doesn't say that it DOESN'T centre on those characters either, so it may still or not. Anyway, the Clone Wars didn't centre on the main characters that much anyway, it still spread itself out to other guys. Look, if the CGI series DOES centre on the main characters more than the cartoon, then not much difference from the cartoon in this respect, which was sorta half centreing on them overall. If the CGI series doesn't centre on the main characters, but overall gives it the same focus that the cartoon did - then there's absolutely no difference to the cartoons in this respect. If the CGI series centres on the main characters even less than the cartoons, then not much difference between the cartoon in this respect, again.

So again, not much difference in the CGI series description to the cartoons, is there?

You argue with yourself on the toilet, don't you?

Who cares if the CGI show even copies the storylines and dialogue of Geddy's Clone Wars word for word? If you're not interested, then watch some softcore and call it a day. Since the new Clone Wars series will likely be 99.999% different from the previous Clone Wars toon, a lot of people are intrigued.
I'm just wondering how good the CGI is going to be in this series. Is it going to look like an average FMV from a video game, or will it look like movie-quality like most of the prequels did?
Also, who is doing the music? A weak point to some, but I consider the music a crucial point of anything Star Wars.
I just hope we see scenes of General Grevious chain-smoking and a Trade Federation doctor breaking the news that he has emphysema - hence the cough of Ep.3.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:34 pm

Fievel wrote:You argue with yourself on the toilet, don't you?

So you're the spy guy that stuck his head up the toilet and into my Sarlaac sized hole when I was dumping out a huge Bantha the other week!

Fievel wrote:If you're not interested, then watch some softcore and call it a day.

Where did I say that I wasn't interested in this? I'd still see it, I never debated that. I can't get enough of the Clone Wars. Why d'ya think I invented teh ROTS Space Battle. Too Short thread for? DAMN YOU FUCKING 5 MINUTES!!!!!!! Anyway, I'll have teh hardcore. Tracy Ryan farking ROCKS!!! Channel 5 - Thank You.

Fievel wrote:Since the new Clone Wars series will likely be 99.999% different from the previous Clone Wars toon..

NO IT WON'T!!! I'll see you at the Bookies pal. Get some bets ready.

Fievel wrote:Also, who is doing the music?

JOHN WILLIAMS OR BUST PEOPLE!!! He's the BEST!!! Tunes so catchy,
Image but the scores aren't just a universal study on the existentialism of the Force and how it unlocks the secret of life, and more importantly, unlocks Princess Leia's bikini lock code, but it's also a comment on the nature of how one of us doesn't have chicks, banging on all the time about his blimmin' blind part as an Extra in the 2 crappest SW movies of the lot. Hey Jar Jar!?!?! (Bash! Bosh!!! Hack! Hack with the lightsabre, killing him Patick Bateman style.) LET'S SEE YOU GET A PART IN THE UPCOMING TV SERIES NOW, YOU STUPID BASTARD!!!!!!!!!

Fievel wrote:I just hope we see scenes of General Grevious chain-smoking

I just hope we see scenes of General Grevious kicking hte shit out of the Jedis, the way he is supposed to, showing us why he was the bringer of death to them.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Wolfpack on Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:20 pm

Myself, I actually argue WITH the toilet. It keeps telling me it won't take any more shit from me.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:47 pm

What the hell? Is your toilet in a Union or something!?!?

How long until the first images leak from this show?
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Wolfpack on Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:51 am

My toilet is actually a manager and according to the Coalition of Household Necessities (COHN), that makes it unable to join a Union. Hell, it's arguments don't hold any water anyway.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:31 pm

Local Toilets & Basins 224
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:03 pm

A little update:

A couple of episodes are complete.

I couldn't get the videos to work at the site they link.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Dark Knight on Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:32 pm

It's going to so cool to tune into some channel and then a promo comes on....

TONIGHT ON STAR WARS.....blah blah...........with guest stars Billy Dee Williams and William Shatner....tonight after American Idol
El Wray will find the missing reel, just watch...
Dark Knight
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Next

Return to Animation