CLONE WARS CGI Movie/TV Series

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Re: CLONE WARS CGI Movie/TV Series

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:33 pm

TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:47 pm

Good deal.
This show has been extremely entertaining so far.
Much better than the "movie", and better than I expected.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:36 pm

That's good news. It has told some decent stories...and a couple have been outstanding.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DerLanghaarige on Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:54 am

The Clone Wars where always the least interesting aspect of the Star Wars saga to me, but the series finally made it interesting! (And I just love how they are not shying away of seriously making episodes about JarJar! :D )
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:51 am

Am I the only one that actually LIKED the Clone Wars movie? Seriously, it was the most FUN I had at the cinema that Summer, apart from watching me cock up Rock 'n' Rolla. I swear a lot of your hate is pure getting on the GL Hate wagon and clouding your visiongofuckyourselves.

Does any share my opinions here?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:59 am

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Am I the only one that actually LIKED the Clone Wars movie?

yes.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:14 pm

The movie blew.
The series is maintaining a consistent level of kickassery for me.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby John-Locke on Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:31 pm

I just had a problem with the Tranny Jabba and the Baby Jabba, the rest of the film was okay from what I remember but the TV show can be a million times better when it's a good episode.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:28 pm

Tranny Jabba made me larf. Baby was OK. All this shite about Snips, get over yourselves assholes!! It was said about TWICE in the whole movie, the Padawan was no JarJar, there IS NO PROBLEMGOFUCKYOURELVES!!!!!

Plus great kick ass sword fights and Obi Wan showing us JUST how tough a sonofbitch he was, laying down the law to Asaj Ventress without hardly any effort. GO STAR WARS!!!! That was the feeling you get from the movie. You lot are just idiots!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby so sorry on Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:48 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Tranny Jabba made me larf. Baby was OK. All this shite about Snips, get over yourselves assholes!! It was said about TWICE in the whole movie, the Padawan was no JarJar, there IS NO PROBLEMGOFUCKYOURELVES!!!!!

Plus great kick ass sword fights and Obi Wan showing us JUST how tough a sonofbitch he was, laying down the law to Asaj Ventress without hardly any effort. GO STAR WARS!!!! That was the feeling you get from the movie. You lot are just idiots!

Or just X-Men fans...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:58 pm

one "Sky-Guy" is one too many.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Gerald Fried on Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:26 am

A lot of people did seem to become arseh*les when reviewing the movie, when it clearly wasn't as bad as Attack of the Clones.
Gerald Fried
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Fievel on Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:43 pm

Season One:

Lows-
-Sky Guy and Snips
-Jar Jar
-All droid dialogue
-Zero The Hutt

Highs-
-Everything else.

If they don't try and "cute" this series up and appeal to the youngest possible age, this series rocks. Much like the movies - when Lucas tries to appeal to the kids, the movies suck (e.g. Episodes 6,1,2). The best Star Wars movies are the ones that are just balls out - Star Wars, Empire, and ROTS. When this show is good, it's REALLY good. It has the intense action that was missing from some of the prequels. It has character development that doesn't necessarily suck.
It's... just.... good.

And, it has AURRA SING!!!!
I'm definitely looking forward to Season Two this fall. It was interesting to see little clips of Season Two at the end of the Season One finale.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Pacino86845 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:43 pm

Gerald Fried wrote:A lot of people did seem to become arseh*les when reviewing the movie, when it clearly wasn't as bad as Attack of the Clones.

It was worse than Attack of the Clones... I personally don't get too impressed by shiny CGI graphics and colorful blinking lights, but I won't call you an arseh*le if you do...
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:12 am

Pacino86845 wrote:
Gerald Fried wrote:A lot of people did seem to become arseh*les when reviewing the movie, when it clearly wasn't as bad as Attack of the Clones.

It was worse than Attack of the Clones... I personally don't get too impressed by shiny CGI graphics and colorful blinking lights, but I won't call you an arseh*le if you do...

In one important most sacred way it was better than Attack of the Clones and you guys wanna know why? - Because it had the SPIRIT, the FEEEyEEELL - of a Star Wars movie. That you can't deny.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Maui on Thu May 14, 2009 12:49 pm

The animation in this is the absolute pits - poor design. The way the lightsabers drew energy. OUCH! Skywalker and Obi Wan's hair? Might as well had Jimmy Neutron style. That's just a few things I noticed, my list is a mile long. It's way too action heavy. The dialogue between Skywalker and Ashoka is cringeworthy.

This little trip back to the beloved franchise fails.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Fievel on Thu May 14, 2009 1:24 pm

Maui wrote:The animation in this is the absolute pits - poor design. The way the lightsabers drew energy. OUCH! Skywalker and Obi Wan's hair? Might as well had Jimmy Neutron style. That's just a few things I noticed, my list is a mile long. It's way too action heavy. The dialogue between Skywalker and Ashoka is cringeworthy.

This little trip back to the beloved franchise fails.

Vader Hater.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby magicmonkey on Thu May 14, 2009 11:21 pm

I had an impromptu and strangely serendipitous entry into the series. I watched AoTC, followed by The Clone Wars and then the TV series, it wasn't planned... it just worked out like that. Firstly, AoTC is way better than these things, but what looked like reasonably poor machina soon turned into some nice looking evocation of the Star Wars spirit, it took me back to Saturday morning kid cartoon watching.

The baby and Ziro the hutt where nowhere near as annoying as I was lead to believe, but I can't imagine I'd watch that movie much more anyway, not when there is the superior series... I must admit, I got excited about blasting away in a Clone Wars inspired game, which I was just reading the other day HAS been announced. Sweet.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

CLONE WARS Season 2

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:56 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:10 am

How brilliant do these 2 guys look? Promises a feeling that was trademark with the original Star Wars movies... excitement.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Re: CLONE WARS Season 2

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:34 am

TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Re: CLONE WARS Season 2

Postby Fievel on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:55 am

TheBaxter wrote:

awesome, i cant wait to see Bossk n action!

Agreed. That's one of my biggest gripes of ESB is that they show this group of badass characters and none of them (not even Boba Fett) did anything that made me jump up and down and yell "Holy shit! Did you see that?!?!"
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

CLONE WARS Season 2

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:03 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fievel on Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:16 pm

Aurra Sing! I was hoping she'd make it into this show.
Hopefully she's in the live-action show too.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:33 am

BOSSK!!!!
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:44 pm

Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:20 pm

I'd say I can't wait for this next series - but I haven't even seen series 1 yet. :(

Be VERY interesting, to say the least, to see what Boba Fett is like. How will Obi Wan and Anakin deal with Boba when they inevitably come up against him.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Fievel on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:46 pm

And what will Bossk sound like? I hope they either give him a Paul Lynde voice or Edward G. Robinson voice.

But seriously, it sounds like they're trying to solves the "mistakes" of the first series by cutting the droid dialogue (which was utterly stupid) and putting in "serious" violence.
Me likey. Me likey a lot!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:55 pm

I thought Bane was a Jedi though, not a Van Cleef/Gunslinger looking Bounty Hunter. Name aside, he looks ferocious!!! Seems from the look of things to come and what I have seen so far from the cartoons, that the characters in THESE series really work, not like the movies. Grievous for example.

From what I heard of the droid dialogue, I thought it was pretty funny actually. It seems everyone gives Lucas a harder time than he deserves as it's so easy a thing to do, Jar Jar wasn't THAT bad, and the Roger Roger talk, though a bit perturbed to hear at first, does become more chuckly worthy, the more exaggerated it got.

Though all this more violent more dark stuff that they talk about here, I am WELL up for!!! It's 'countdown to Star Wars like countdown to Christmas' excitement all over again! Let's get that countdown clock up and start watching it!!

(If anyone can tell me where to go to watch the last series in the meantime, that will be cool. PM me if it's illegal to post here!)
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby RogueScribner on Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:35 pm

I never finished watching the first season. I saw up through episode 12 or so. It's not that I don't want to, but for some reason I never sit down and get caught up.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:22 pm

Well Episode 12 SOUNDS like it's near the end of the series, so again, my mate told me that the last few episodes of that season are still on Youtube, so you can at least check them out there if nowhere else it seems. Give it a shot if you want, RS.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Fievel on Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:38 pm

Including the episodes that made up the movie, there were 22 episodes in the first season.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:32 pm

I don't know if it's new or not, but there is a Season Two Preview at Cartoon Network's Clone Wars Page.

You may have to scroll through the videos to find it.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:55 pm

So G4 showed the Star Wars panel from Comic-Con.
There was some extreme lameness going on.

But having said that, they had the voice actors of The Clone Wars do a "table read" in character.
Some of it was hilarious when "Obi Wan" and "Anakin" went off script.

But they showed the Season 2 trailer that I linked in a earlier post.
Boba Fett'svoice sounds extremely stupid and I hope they change it before it airs.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:20 am

I couldn't get the Cartoon Network site to load, I assume this is the same trailer here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_tGl6JMMro

Fievel wrote:But they showed the Season 2 trailer that I linked in a earlier post.
Boba Fett'svoice sounds extremely stupid and I hope they change it before it airs.

Assuming that is Boba Fett then, yes, I agree it does sound silly.

As there are four of them though in that bit near the end, perhaps they might actually be a group of random Mandalorians? The series seems to be continuing with the use of the New Zealand accent with the clones, so I would've thought Boba would too.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:30 am

Well who else could that be then? I think it's rather obvious from the 'Featured' nature of the seemingly main character that it has GOT to be him.

By the way, that trailer is WELL ALRIGHT!!!!!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Fievel on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:32 am

Fried Gold wrote:I couldn't get the Cartoon Network site to load, I assume this is the same trailer here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_tGl6JMMro

Fievel wrote:But they showed the Season 2 trailer that I linked in a earlier post.

Assuming that is Boba Fett then, yes, I agree it does sound silly.

As there are four of them though in that bit near the end, perhaps they might actually be a group of random Mandalorians? The series seems to be continuing with the use of the New Zealand accent with the clones, so I would've thought Boba would too.

I hope it is random Mandalorians.
The series director was at the panel and said they'd be showing the planet Mandalore, but he couldn't say anything else about it.
....which came off as stupid because the announcement that they'd be showing the planet pretty much IS the surprise and now that he's blown it, what else is there to say?

Sorry for the spoilers/tags... you never know who wants to be surprised about such things.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:35 am

Well if it IS who I think it is, I wonder how Obi Wan will deal with that fight with him. It's rather scary thinking about it.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby RogueScribner on Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:54 pm

I don't think that was Boba Fett. Just some dudes looking for trouble.

The trailer did make the series seem more adult in tone. I think I need to catch myself up ASAP.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:28 am

Isn't Boba Fett still a little kid during the Clone Wars? I'm guessing the guy at the end of the trailer is looking for a little payback for Jango Fett losing his head but doesn't have the keys to Slave-1.

Yeah, haven't used the spoiler tag in a while. It's kinda fun.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:07 am

i was thinking the same thing as soon as they announced boba fett would be in this season... this is taking place between eps II and III, the clone wars lasted what? 3 years or so? boba fett would be a teenager at best. do we really want to see him going through puberty? wearing his father's mask to hide his acne? trying to fit in at high school while hiding the fact that he's a bounty hunter from his friends and adoptive parents?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:17 am

I quick read of some of the EU background for Jango and Boba I think suggests they'll just be some Mandalorians.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:07 pm

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:I'm guessing the guy at the end of the trailer is looking for a little payback for Jango Fett losing his head but doesn't have the keys to Slave-1.

Ha! I like the way you phrased that in regards to the keys.

TheBaxter wrote:i was thinking the same thing as soon as they announced boba fett would be in this season... this is taking place between eps II and III, the clone wars lasted what? 3 years or so? boba fett would be a teenager at best. do we really want to see him going through puberty? wearing his father's mask to hide his acne? trying to fit in at high school while hiding the fact that he's a bounty hunter from his friends and adoptive parents?

Yeah, the thought of Boba trying to get revenge while his voice his cracking..... not cool.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:16 pm

how about the VERY SPECIAL EPISODE where someone offers boba fett some drugs at a party and he has to fly away on his jet-pack to avoid the peer pressure? or the episode where he gets diddled by his neighbour and then feels too ashamed to tell anyone?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:46 pm

TheBaxter wrote:how about the VERY SPECIAL EPISODE where someone offers boba fett some drugs at a party and he has to fly away on his jet-pack to avoid the peer pressure? or the episode where he gets diddled by his neighbour and then feels too ashamed to tell anyone?

Holy shit I laughed at that. I even heard the voice-over promo (w/ generic Clone Trooper's voice) "Next, on a very special episode of The Clone Wars....".
Gave me Diff'rent Strokes flashbacks.

And it wouldn't matter if he was too ashamed to tell anyone... he HAS no one to tell!
Ahhh the tragedyyyyyyyY!!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

CLONE WARS Season 2

Postby TheButcher on Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:19 am

From IGN:
Star Wars: The Future of The Clone Wars
The cast and creators of the animated series talk about Rise of the Bounty Hunters and George Lucas' continuing vision for Star Wars.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fievel on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:31 pm

I'm just now catching up on this show but man.... some seriously good shit here!!
The return to Geonosis is awesome!!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Leckomaniac on Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:06 pm

As soon as I get myself caught up with LOST...this show is next.

I have heard nothing but positive things.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

MANDALORIANS

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:35 pm

From io9:
Jon Favreau's Mandalorian Battle Debut In Star Wars Clone Wars

From The Force.net:
Preview TCW "The Mandalore Plot"

From StarWars.com:
Mysterious Mandalorians Revealed!

From Star Wars Insider Magazine Issue 115:
http://titanmagazines.com/app?service=e ... ct&sp=l957
MANDA-LORE – DAVE FILONI

“George told me, ‘Ah, you’ve got to let it go; there’s nothing you can do about it.’ I said, ‘Hey, but you changed stuff!’” – Dave Filoni
In part two of Star Wars Insider’s exclusive interview with Dave Filoni. the Supervising Director of Star Wars: The Clone Wars talks about the journey of the Mandalorians, from George Lucas’ original concept of Boba Fett in The Empire Strikes Back, to the latest in a line of formidable foes for the Jedi Knights. He also reveals what goes on behind the scenes and his thoughts on Season Two so far!
Last edited by TheButcher on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:50 pm

Looks very cool. We get to see MANDALORIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

PreviousNext

Return to Animation