CLONE WARS CGI Movie/TV Series

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Re: MANDALORIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:57 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: CLONE WARS CGI Movie/TV Series

Postby John-Locke on Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:47 am

The whole Mandalorian plot line has been cussing cool as cuss, the recent episode all on the spaceship looked like it was going to be lame but turned out to be one of the best episodes yet, especially the ending with the touch of the Imperial March music. Love how this is making the Star Wars world and it's characters richer in depth, Obi-Wan and his true love etc, great stuff.

And how cussing cool was that flat bladed black lightsaber from the Old Republic last week? Very.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:51 am

WANT TO WATCH BUT CUSSING CAN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:48 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:WANT TO WATCH BUT CUSSING CAN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Image Image Image Image Image Image

Why can't you?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:08 pm

Because no one had told him where to look
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:40 pm

Just had a word with some of my business contacts at Lucasfilm who have only given hints at a new Star Wars trilogy of movies taking place this week, but as a conselation they DID send me C/O Lucas himself, as I did work with him as an Extra on Star Wars 1 and 2 not that I ever talk about it, 2 episodes of the new Star Wars Clone Wars computer animated TV series. Big thanks to that contact though.

Only seen the first one so far but it was well kick ass eh? Brilliant full on fights and punch ups with Obi Wan vs the Mandalorian troops, and a good answer to that suspenseful long lasting question, how would a Jedi do in a fight against a Mandalorian after all the Fett stuff, and the answer... well you'll just have to find out. And the only way you can do that is by getting in contact with Lucasfilm themselves if you're worthy enough.

There's some breath holding heart beating ol' fights though, so much so that you'll tune right out when the dialogue scenes follow as you're still going over the fight in your head. How does Obi Wan deal with a Mandalorian one on one, or without his lightsabre, outnumbered, or fighting the top badass Mandalorian leader when even HE has a sabre all of his own? Brilliant action.

Though it's not as if the episode is not without it's more contemplative and talky scenes redemptively. I like the line in answer to Obi Wan justifying why a Jedi has to accept reality as why he has to fight... "Is reality what makes a Jedi abandon his ideals or is it just as a response to political convenience?" Good point.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby thefraze on Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:33 pm

God, I love this show - the best thing "Star Wars" since the original trilogy! The Mandalorian mini-series was great - though I hope we see more of them later!
"I've seen "The Exorcist" about a hundred and sixty-seven times, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... "
thefraze
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:37 pm

Yeah there has to be more Mandalore. 3 episodes seemed like only the build up to the full onlsaught we should expect from them hopefully. But it was good fun with what we got.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby thefraze on Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:57 pm

Boba Fett is coming - which is exciting. I imagine the Mandalorians will play a big part in Season 3
"I've seen "The Exorcist" about a hundred and sixty-seven times, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... "
thefraze
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:00 pm

Boba's a kid though? What have you heard?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby thefraze on Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:02 pm

There's some concept art of Young Boba Fett in the "Art of Clone Wars" book - and after ToyFare, there were some promotional images of young boba on a card for some kind of Slave 1 racer toy.

He looks to roughly be the same age as Ahsoka - wears a poncho and a blaster in a holster, Han Solo style.
thefraze
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:09 pm

Who and how old is Ahsoka?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby thefraze on Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:17 pm

Ya know... Ahsoka Tano? Anakin's padawan? I'm not sure of her exact age... but she's probably 13-14 or so, which is what Boba would be as well.
thefraze
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:44 pm

Aaaah - Aaahsoka. Yeah, er, I know who she is. Why would I forget? I.. I was ... just testing you. *Hands back SW fanclub who knows everything at SW card*.

Hmmm. I wonder if Boba will kill Ahsoka?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby thefraze on Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:52 pm

If I were a betting man, I would assume that Boba Fett will come in with the Bounty Hunter storyline - Possibly be a part of Cad Bane's team or something, maybe working for Jabba.
thefraze
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:59 pm

The Boba Fett concept art was shown at Comic-con last year. It's just a CGI version of the kid from Attack of the Clones.

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Yeah there has to be more Mandalore. 3 episodes seemed like only the build up to the full onlsaught we should expect from them hopefully. But it was good fun with what we got.

Originally there was only one Mandalore episode (the middle one, where the spider droids take over the ship) and it was part of season 1. It got pushed back into season 2 and expanded.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby thefraze on Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:39 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Originally there was only one Mandalore episode (the middle one, where the spider droids take over the ship) and it was part of season 1. It got pushed back into season 2 and expanded.

Yeah, the production order of these episodes is a little strange - in terms of what order the episodes actually go in - one would assume that they're in order by the air date... but as I recall there's an episode in the middle of Season 1 where they're back at the battle of Crystophis, which is the battle from the clone wars movie...

I'm tired of this hiatus by the way... Cartoon Network is pissing me off with the way they jerk this show around. Can't we just have a simple, straight-forward time slot where I don't have to wait three weeks for a new episode.
thefraze
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:56 pm

thefraze wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:Originally there was only one Mandalore episode (the middle one, where the spider droids take over the ship) and it was part of season 1. It got pushed back into season 2 and expanded.

Yeah, the production order of these episodes is a little strange - in terms of what order the episodes actually go in - one would assume that they're in order by the air date... but as I recall there's an episode in the middle of Season 1 where they're back at the battle of Crystophis, which is the battle from the clone wars movie...

Yeah. I think there were originally 15 episodes. Then the run got extended. Then certain episodes got bumped so they could expand them and new episodes had to be made and dropped in. The panel at Comic-con (it was on Youtube at one point) said they liked doing it that way, as they could make changes fairly ad hoc if they felt it was needed. (I think it makes the series a bit uneven at times).

I'm tired of this hiatus by the way... Cartoon Network is pissing me off with the way they jerk this show around. Can't we just have a simple, straight-forward time slot where I don't have to wait three weeks for a new episode.

US TV haitus' are rubs. Although apparently it means the remaining episodes will air here first.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby thefraze on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:22 pm

I'd just prefer an overpriced Blu Ray box set so I can watch them all at once haha.
thefraze
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby TheButcher on Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:57 pm

From Collider:
Sullen Teenage Boba Fett Joins STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby thefraze on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:20 am

TheButcher wrote:From Collider:
Sullen Teenage Boba Fett Joins STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS

Well, this writer is a jerk - but I've been super excited about this for quite a while now, since the concept art appeared in "The Art of Clone Wars"
thefraze
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby TheButcher on Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:43 pm

The Star Wars Clone Wars Season Finale Exclusive Trailer Direct From Wondercon
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:47 pm

So much to say here. I'll do that later. But for now...

I'm scared! :oops:
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Fievel on Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:25 pm

Wow....!!!
That may be the darkest and most intense commercial for an animated television show that I have ever seen.
Having said that, the design of Boba Fett looks too much like a computer animated character from a Rankin & Bass Christmas special.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby thefraze on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:11 am

Wow, yeah - incredibly awesome! SO Excited :)
thefraze
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby thefraze on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:20 am

The Zillo Beast seems to be a Star Wars homage to King Kong, Godzilla and even Cloverfield to some extent - and with it coming to Coruscant in "The Zillo Beast Strikes Back" - I think we can expect some city-destroying carnage.
thefraze
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby John-Locke on Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:27 pm

Oh man, that young Boba Fett Episode sucked all kinds of ass, not only was the story complete crap but the whole Clone Cadets thing didn't make any sense either.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:25 am

John-Locke wrote:Oh man, that young Boba Fett Episode sucked all kinds of ass, not only was the story complete crap but the whole Clone Cadets thing didn't make any sense either.

Yeah...they're all fresh clones with no field experience yet...

- they all already have different personalities and special haircuts
- they are all rubbish at using guns even though they're bred to be soldiers.
- and Boba Fett looks different and has a different voice to all the other cadets, yet nobody notices.

And apparently all the troopers onboard are weak and stupid, while Windu and Skywalker have no clue what's going on.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:31 am

Well my main point about the cadets not making any sense was because I thought they were grown to be fully formed adults.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Fried Gold on Tue May 04, 2010 6:04 pm

The last two episodes were a lot better.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 3 Teaser

Postby TheButcher on Tue May 11, 2010 10:28 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fievel on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:00 am

Just caught up to the end of the season... and the very end of the season was kind of weak for a finale.
I liked the Plo/Asoka vs Aurra/Boba fight, but a lot of the Bounty Hunter storyline was a disappointment.
Boba Fett whines more than Anakin - never a good sign. As the clone of a Mandalorian warrior, he's coming off as a pacifist pussy.
And the big season ending scene? Ooooh... they have Bossk and Boba in custody!
"Yippee!" - A. Skywalker

The preview for Season 3 looks good..... but then so did the preview for the Bounty Hunter bit.

Didn't hate it.... but it didn't live up to the expectations. Familiar feeling.
On a plus note - I think the animation looks better with every episode.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Re: CLONE WARS SEASON 3

Postby TheButcher on Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:29 pm

Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV Clip - Season 3 Comic-Con Trailer:
http://tv.ign.com/dor/objects/826173/st ... 80610.html
Last edited by TheButcher on Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:37 pm

TheButcher wrote:Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV Clip - Season 3 Comic-Con Trailer:
http://tv.ign.com/dor/objects/826173/st ... 80610.html

Seem to remember something similar from Comic-Con last year and it turned out being a tad inconsistent.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:50 pm

As far as I can remember, one thing the folks at Lucasfilm have always excelled at is cutting a good trailer. This one seems to fall right in line with the rest as being good.

One problem with last season's trailer was that it really set the season up to be dark and grim. It was, but not to the extent the trailer made it seem. I'm getting the same cautious vibe here. Although at first glance, the only part that seemed to bother me was the apparent kidnapping of C-3PO - just because C-3PO has been reduced to a bumbling boob over the course of the prequels and cartoon series*. But other than that, I'm loving what I'm seeing. Obviously at some point in the series Asoka is going to die - that's just a given, unless they whisk her off to some remote place and she just lays low after Order 66.... which I can see them doing because this show is still being geared towards kids. Seeing Bane fighting with a lightsaber was cool, though.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheButcher on Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:32 pm

The Clone Wars Season 3 Celebration V Exclusive Trailer:

Episode II Concept for the Sith Witch:
http://www.dayofthejedi.com/articles/20 ... ncept.html
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:28 pm

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:Tartakovsky's "Sym-Bionic Titan" and the new season of "Clone Wars" start tonight on Cartoon Network.

IGN Video Interview:
Lucas Talks Clone Wars Season 3
George Lucas, supervising director Dave Filoni and the Clone Wars cast tell us what to expect this season. From Darth Maul’s successor to Republic Commandos, there’s plenty to come…
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:51 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:06 pm

Isn't Darth Maul's successor...Count Dooku?

This new guy would be Asaaj Ventress' replacement.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheButcher on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:11 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Isn't Darth Maul's successor...Count Dooku?

I thought General Grievous was Ventress' successor.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:22 pm

TheButcher wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:Isn't Darth Maul's successor...Count Dooku?

I thought General Grievous was Ventress' successor.

I think he around at the same time as Ventress.

One can't keep track of all these Sith-that-aren't-really-Sith-for-story-purposes characters.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:24 am

Since Georgie-boy had to (I assume) sign off on this new character, I'll take this as his way of apologizing for killing off too quickly what was probably the most interesting character of the entire prequel trilogy.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Bayouwolf on Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:15 am

Fievel wrote:Since Georgie-boy had to (I assume) sign off on this new character, I'll take this as his way of apologizing for killing off too quickly what was probably the most interesting character of the entire prequel trilogy.

I heartily endorse this post.
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Re: SAVAGE OPRESS

Postby TheButcher on Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:34 am

SAVAGE OPRESS IS HERE!

SPOILERS

From IGN:
Clone Wars: Savage Opress Rocks
We check out the upcoming Star Wars episodes and like what we see.

Clone Wars Season Three - Savage Opress Trailer I:
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:26 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fievel on Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:15 pm

Shit that looks cool. I'm like 5 episodes behind right now.

This series is expanding the world of the Clone Wars to the point that every new episode just makes the films look worse and worse. The second film can just be thrown away at this point. It's a complete waste. The third film still works, but with everything that they've shown in the 'toons, I'd want to see some of that on the big screen. So I guess the first two films can be thrown away, then replace the first hour or so of the third film with all the expanded Sithiness the series is giving us. Not to mention Count Dooku in the films was the worst "bad guy" in the whole saga.

Ugh.

I think I liked it better when I didn't dislike the prequels so much.
I wish I would have taken the blue pill......?
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Re: SAVAGE OPRESS

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:29 am

From IGN:
The Clone Wars: Ventress' New Look
Check out the Star Wars villain's new costume.

From IGN:
The Clone Wars: Meet Savage Opress
Clancy Brown talks about voicing the major new Star Wars villain.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:53 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:10 pm

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/20/liam- ... exclusive/

Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:33 pm

Fried Gold wrote:http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/20/liam-neeson-star-wars-clone-wars-exclusive/

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I need to catch up ASAP! I have like 6 or 7 episodes on my DVR waiting patiently. This should make up for the lack of Ghost Qui-Gon in the prequels.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

PreviousNext

Return to Animation