CLONE WARS CGI Movie/TV Series

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Re: CLONE WARS CGI Movie/TV Series

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:47 pm

Fievel wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/20/liam-neeson-star-wars-clone-wars-exclusive/

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I need to catch up ASAP! I have like 6 or 7 episodes on my DVR waiting patiently. This should make up for the lack of Ghost Qui-Gon in the prequels.

I guess this also takes the Clone Wars series out of canon.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:59 pm

Fried Gold wrote:I guess this also takes the Clone Wars series out of canon.

Good point. Obi-Wan would have known what Yoda was talking about at the end of ROTS.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:16 pm

My first thought.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby John-Locke on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:39 pm

Who cares though really.

I think it's just the Clone Wars cartoon that's meant to be cannon anyway, like Obi Wan force crushed Grevious' lungs in the cartoon which is why he had the wheeze in ROTS, I don't see how they can both be completely cannon.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Re: Qui-Gon Jinn

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:05 pm

John-Locke wrote:Who cares though really.

I think it's just the Clone Wars cartoon that's meant to be cannon anyway, like Obi Wan force crushed Grevious' lungs in the cartoon which is why he had the wheeze in ROTS, I don't see how they can both be completely cannon.

I agree, I don't care if it's cannon or not. More Qui-Gon Jinn is very cool.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:07 pm

John-Locke wrote:Who cares though really.

I think it's just the Clone Wars cartoon that's meant to be cannon anyway, like SAMUEL L I gotta be the toughest motherfucker in the universe even more than The Emporer therefore I intimidated George Lucas into doing that rewrite where I kicked him in as I'm a gentleman JACKOFF force crushed Grevious' lungs in the cartoon which is why he had the wheeze in ROTS, I don't see how they can both be completely cannon.

Fixed your post for ya. You'll be telling me that Jason Stratham is in The Bourne Ultimatum next or something.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby John-Locke on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:12 pm

wud?
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:39 pm

Those last three episodes were rather brills.

....and that last part with the crystal ball seemed to suggest that Darth Maul was still alive.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:55 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Those last three episodes were rather brills.

....and that last part with the crystal ball seemed to suggest that Darth Maul was still alive.

... that you and some other jammy Brit gits downloaded it?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:51 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:

It's shown on Cartoon Network.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:54 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:

It's shown on Cartoon Network.

Cartoons are mediocre and for kids. And condesendi, I mean Happy Endings don't exist.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Fievel on Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:28 am

Just catching up with this show when I saw something odd.
The male character here (from a Senate scene in episode 11) looks quite a bit like a Na'vi from Avatar:

Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:00 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:44 am

The episodes this year have been pretty good. I'm not sure what the production team did, but they've made it a)interesting and b)consistent.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: CLONE WARS SEASON 4

Postby TheButcher on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:23 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:40 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: DARTH MAUL LIVES

Postby TheButcher on Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:08 am

'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' Revives Darth Maul
Josh Wigler wrote:Darth Maul is dead. I saw that man die. "The Phantom Menace" has played no fewer than 10 times in my life, and countless more times in the lives of your other friendly neighborhood Movies Blog writers as well. The tattooed, spike-studded, dual-lightsaber-wielding Sith apprentice was cleaved in half by Obi-Wan Kenobi by movie's end, and our hopes for continued Maul awesomeness died with him.

Or so we thought.

George Lucas has once again defied expectations by breathing life back into Darth Maul's lungs. Entertainment Weekly reports that the Sith menace is being resurrected in the new season of "Clone Wars," though the exact how's and why's remain murky. Luckily, that's what you have us for. After the jump, check out the Movies team's best guesses as to how Darth Maul could possibly still be alive.

Stitch The Sith
We're talking about a George Lucas creation here. It's not surprising that Darth Maul is coming back, it's surprising that it took him so long to do so. What's a teeny thing like being cut in half by a lightsaber and falling into a bottomless pit when you have the Emperor on your side? I'm sure all it took was a few Force lightning stitches to get the Zabrak Sith Lord as good as new.
-Terri Schwartz, MTV Movies contributing writer

Blood Magic
With Maul's body ruined beyond repair, the dark lords of the Sith are forced to turn to ancient and evil magics, far more sinister than the Force. A sacrifice of 100 slaves is made, and their blood runs into a massive pool. From the corpses of 100 doomed souls rises a new and more menacing Maul than ever before. Guys, let's face it: blood magic is awesome.
-Brian Phares, MTV Movies contributing writer

Obey Your Thirst
It's obvious, isn't it? When Obi-Wan cut Darth Maul in half with Qui-Gon's lightsaber, the blade immediately cauterized the wound, keeping all of his vital organs intact and held inside. Granted, the tumble into the bottomless pit couldn't have been a pleasant experience, but George Lucas, Maul's true master, was waiting at the bottom with a can of Sprite and a hot bowl of soup to nurse him back to health and sustain him for later economic exploitation. This is literally the only explanation I'll believe.
-Kevin Sullivan, MTV Movies editorial assistant

The Real Answer
To riff on an old friend's famous line… no! It's not true! It's impossible!
-Josh Wigler, MTV Movies Blog editor
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:10 am

Darth Maul Lives! And he's coming to 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' this spring --EW EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
Christian Blauvelt wrote:He’s alive!
That’s right. As unlikely as it may seem, Darth Maul, the glowering Sith warrior who fell to Obi-Wan Kenobi’s blade at the end of Star Wars: Episode I—The Phantom Menace actually survived being cut in half and will return to George Lucas’s still unfolding space saga on Cartoon Network’s Star Wars: The Clone Wars (read our recaps here!) in spring 2012.

With his red-and-black tattooed face, Bronson-esque stoicism, Dervish-like mixed martial-arts moves (courtesy of Ray Park), and legendary double-bladed lightsaber—the coolest birthday present for 10-year-old boys in the summer of 1999—Maul was easily the most striking character in The Phantom Menace. (TPM is due to be released in theaters with a 3-D facelift February 10, 2012). And he only had three lines in the movie! Maul was a blunt instrument, a weapon of pure aggression to carry out the bidding of ūber Sith Lord Darth Sidious (a.k.a the future Emperor Palpatine), when he wasn’t yet ready to emerge from the shadows. Think of Maul like the Star Wars equivalent of Daniel Craig’s Bond. Only, did we mention he had a frickin’ double-bladed lightsaber?

When he was vivisected courtesy of Obi-Wan Kenobi, Maul immediately took his place among pop culture figures who’d also been cut in half: Bishop in Aliens, Quint in Jaws, Tony Goldwyn in Ghost, the Black Dahlia. Needless to say, we never expected to see him again, right?

Wrong! Last January a Clone Wars arc featuring a relative of Maul’s, the duped, sympathetic Nightbrother of Dathomir Savage Opress teased a hazy image of Maul in a crystal ball. Did this mean the former Sith Warrior was still alive? Indeed, and EW’s got an exclusive video first look at Maul’s animated form. Take a walk on the Dark Side and check it out after the break:

“I found it funny in The Phantom Menace when Darth Maul got cut in half,” Clone Wars supervising director Dave Filoni says. “I thought George was definitively saying to the fans, ‘There’s no way this character is coming back. This is not a Boba Fett/Sarlacc Pit situation where, because of fan love, Boba gets out of that thing any number of ways.’ Fast-forward ten-years, and I’m the one to bring Maul back.”

Well, mostly. Filoni acknowledges that the order to resurrect the Sith Lord came from George Lucas himself, who became more interested in his Phantom Menace creation while developing Savage Opress for the last season of The Clone Wars. Awesome as Maul was in the movie, he barely got to do anything before the old chop-chop. When asked if Maul’s return is motivated by the feeling that he was underutilized in The Phantom Menace, Filoni says, “I think in part.”

Filoni's biggest challenge, though, will come from the legions of fans ready to shout “No way!” at the very idea of a Maul return. But addressing the (un)believability of his survival could make for some interesting drama. “First of all, how does he survive getting cut in half?” says Filoni. “Plus, he fell! And also, don’t forget Obi-Wan Kenobi is still around, so I’m sure Maul wouldn’t be very happy with him.”

Fans will note that there is precedent for this kind of resurrection. “The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be…unnatural,” Darth Sidious says in Revenge of the Sith. Sidious and his master found a way to use the Force to cheat death—that’s how he was able to keep Vader alive after that little swan dive into a lava field. Couldn’t Maul have picked up on some of that too? Says Filoni, “He’s suffered through a lot to keep himself alive and implemented the training of his master to do so.”

Once you get beyond the plausibility issues, what’s left is actually an amazing storytelling opportunity. The Clone Wars has featured other characters from the movies, but mostly original trilogy stalwarts like Chewbacca, Tarkin, and Ackbar. Those are all characters whose fates have already been decided. “Here, we’re moving forward with Maul,” Filoni says. “He’s more than ten years older than he was in The Phantom Menace. That’s immensely satisfying, because now nobody knows what’s going to happen to him. I know, but nobody else does.”

Who said all the biggest Star Wars stories have already been told? Fellow fanatics, are you going to hop along for the ride this spring? Until then, keep yourself up to date on all the latest Clone Wars news here. And every Friday night a new Clone Wars episode airs, watch it with us on viEWer!
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:42 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fievel on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:40 am

I love how the entire article that is quoted two posts ago is in spoiler text.... yet the linked headline tells everything! :lol: :lol:

I have the 12 most recent episodes waiting for me on my DVR. I need to start catching up. This storyline could be awesome. Could be.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:49 am

Jeebus, I can't believe they would bring Maul back. How fucking hard would it be to create a new Darth that is just as badass?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:11 pm

so sorry wrote:Jeebus, I can't believe they would bring Maul back. How fucking hard would it be to create a new Darth that is just as badass?

I look at it as penance for killing him off in the first place. Maul is the most intriguing villain in the entire saga for me because 1) We know so little about him, and 2) He's a complete bad-ass whose fights were the best in the entire saga, So they kill him off and replace him with..... an octogenarian whose every fight move was done by a stunt double. Yawn.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby The Vicar on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:17 pm

Just one of the many problems with eps 1-3.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby so sorry on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:54 pm

Well I always figured that Georgie boy didn't realize that the first movie's bad guy would end up getting such a massive following (which really was based on two things IMO: the rest of the movie sucked donkey ass, and Maul was involved in the only cool part). So you can't really blame him for killing Maul, since the story he wrote for the prequels only had Maul as a small part.

But he couldn't fucking help himself now...he had to bring him back. Bullshit. MAKE A NEW FUCKING BADASS SITH CHARACTER YOU ASSHAT!!!! Why is that so hard? You think SW geeks wouldn't get behind a new Sith Lord? Next thing you know we're going to find out that Darth Maul's back story will be that he was Anakin's father.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:12 pm

so sorry wrote:Next thing you know we're going to find out that Darth Maul's back story will be that he was Anakin's father.

And?

:wink: :D
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby The Vicar on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:24 pm

Fievel wrote:
so sorry wrote:Next thing you know we're going to find out that Darth Maul's back story will be that he was Anakin's father.

And?

:wink: :D

....and......so much for spoilers....... :shock: :wink:
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby TheButcher on Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:27 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:15 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:40 am

From IGN:
Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 5 Includes Mustafar, Black Sun and Republic Commando
Eric Goldman wrote:Filoni also referenced an unusual episode coming up called “The Voice” , which will be “a whole exploration of Moebius and his art style, which was a big influence on Star Wars. It’s weird and abstract. Really experimental stuff.”
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:42 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fievel on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:52 am

I just deleted over 20 episodes from my DVR. I just don't have the time to catch up. I'm interested... at least I'd like to think I am.
I just don't have the time to put into it.... and it was taking up valuable real estate on the DVR. :(
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheButcher on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:11 pm

The Clone Wars - Season 5 Trailer!
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: CLONE WARS 100

Postby TheButcher on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:30 am

A Hundred Wars...The forever war...
Honor Hunter wrote:The Clone Wars celebrated a significant milestone on Friday...

100 episodes. That's quite an achievement. Now, not all of the episodes are great, a few are, but many are of a higher quality than the Prequels. Certainly better than the first two, at least.

And this is the last, and fifth season of the contract for the show to be on the Cartoon Network. If there is to be a sixth, then it'll likely be on Disney XD now that the Mouse owns it. The problem lies in the rerun rights to the show, which will belong to the Cartoon Network for the near future unless Disney buys them out.

It's unknown how long the show will go, but it is still very popular. The Clone Wars were only supposed to have lasted about three years in the films, so with a six season happening you'd have to wonder what time these events take place? Two seasons every year? And if they go beyond that, how would that work out? Time in the Star Wars galaxy must be different than it is here I guess.

If you'd like to see a cool montage of the episodes over the last five years then check out Entertainment Weekly's article on the show. And prepare for more episodes, and more series for the Star Wars universe. Besides "Star Wars: Detours," I hear they're working on other ideas for animated shows. I still like the idea of one that takes place in the original trilogy with Luke, Han and a bad guy named Darth.

Now if they could get ABC to work out something for that live-action series...
Last edited by TheButcher on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:41 pm

'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' 100th Episode
Moody look of 'Clone Wars' inspired by '70s classics
Iain Blair wrote:There's more than a little of 1970s Hollywood in the look of Cartoon Network's "Star Wars: The Clone Wars."

CG supervisor Joel Aron, who has been with the show since 2007, of course relies on "Star Wars" movies: 1977's "Episode IV: A New Hope" (a k a the original "Star Wars") and especially 1980's "Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back," as go-to sources.

But "Clone Wars" also draws on Aron's favorite films, including "Jaws," "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" and "Indiana Jones," as well as "The Deer Hunter" and "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid."

"You'll always see those influences pop up in any given episode," says Aron, who has been with "Clone Wars" since the end of 2007.

"For me, the lighting and look is all about trying to set a mood," he says. "Whenever you have an intimate conversation, you close down the set lighting … and keep the light on the characters."

One inspiration is the scene in "Jaws" where shark hunter Quint recalls his World War II experience on the doomed ship Indianapolis. "I use that balance with the lighting all the time. In our recent Onderon arc, when Ahsoka is talking to Steela and they are under the tree, it's the same thing."

A bar scene in season 4 borrowed heavily from the famous Mos Eisley bar scene in the first "A New Hope." "The exact color palette, lighting, direction and how it was shot was taken directly from Mos Eisley," he says.

Aron and his team also were inspired by the first incarnation of "Clone Wars": the mini-episodes done by Genndy Tartakovsky. Tartakovsky didn't work on the 3D-CG half-hour "Clone Wars" series, but Aron says its influence shows in such elements as the shapes of explosions and smoke, and the use of dramatic silhouettes.

"Clone Wars'" look is unique among animated series, says Aron, "so we are going to be used as a benchmark.

"I believe our look, story, and cinematic shooting style will inspire other animated TV shows and encourage them to incorporate that level of artistry in their work."
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:43 pm

'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' 100th Episode
'Clone Wars' made galaxy fun again
Brian Lowry wrote:George Lucas was sounding pretty disenchanted about the movie business back in 2006, when he appeared at a Paley Center event celebrating his TV work.

Speaking about movies a year after his second "Star Wars" trilogy ended, Lucas said, "The risks are so high, and the odds so great, it takes the fun out of it." By contrast, he said regarding TV, "Nobody seems to care. You just get to do whatever you want to do."

Not everybody, of course, gets to "do whatever you want to do" in television. But Lucas -- who developed his computer-animated "The Clone Wars" internally, before shopping it to other networks -- did just that, and the result has been more creatively satisfying than his latest batch of prequels ever were.

Airing on Cartoon Network, "Clone Wars" has served a variety of purposes for Lucasfilm, most notably keeping the franchise alive -- including the attendant merchandising -- with a new generation of viewers who weren't even dirty thoughts when "Star Wars" began.

Perhaps more significantly, "Clone Wars" -- drawing from all the quadrants of the "Star Wars" universe -- brought the fun back to Lucas' creation, which, in the movies, at times came to feel like an obligation.

Not only did Lucas hand the creative reins to others, "Clone Wars'" half-hour format downplayed the clunkier aspects of the dense mythology and focused on whiz-bang action. Moreover, its anthological nature -- tracking one character this week, another, maybe even more obscure, the next -- enabled the producers to tell all kinds of stories, from small acts of heroism to full-scale battles to, in a few cases, comedy.

Even fans who winced through aspects of the new "Star Wars" (yes, Jar Jar Binks, this means you) found a lot to like in "Clone Wars," despite slightly softened edges to ensure its appropriateness for a younger audience. Tellingly, beyond its central appeal to young boys, the series has averaged more than a million adult viewers over its five-year run.

As a consequence, Lucas' exit strategy from stewarding every aspect of "Star Wars" with the sale of his company to Disney -- leaving the high risk of future films to others -- came with a helpful bridge, which should give the studio a good feeling about the property's boundless future.

Granted, "Clone Wars" can't rival a $200-million feature in terms of spectacle, and fans have waited years for Lucasfilm to follow through on stated plans to produce a live-action series.

Strictly from a narrative standpoint, though, an animated series many no doubt viewed as the next best thing has, at times, actually seemed like the better one.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:02 am

Star Wars: Clone Wars director previews finale with exclusive clip
Lisa Granshaw wrote:As for fans worried that no matter what happens in the finale this might in fact be the series’ end, Filoni could share little about the future of the show under Disney’s new leadership.

“All I can say is there are more stories to tell in the universe as we adjust to the new landscape. Star Wars is everywhere, on the big screen and in every format. This is an exciting time for fans,” Filoni said. “The fact that people are worried or whatever I appreciate because it means they do care so it’s a good thing instead of seeing more of a ‘whatever’ attitude which would be pretty disappointing.”

Filoni, who previously worked for Disney and has worked with the company while at Lucasfilm for Star Wars Weekends at Walt Disney World, believes they will do right by the franchise.

“It’s a natural fit. Fans just have to be patient. Disney fully understands the love that people have for the universe of Star Wars,” Filoni said. “You might see a company name on a person’s business card but that doesn’t mean they’re not also passionate about stories and love Star Wars as much as you do. I have friends at Disney who are excited and proud about buying Star Wars. All of that makes me very confident.”
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby RogueScribner on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:00 pm

My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Fievel on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:15 pm

RogueScribner wrote:No more CLONE WARS or DETOURS.

...for Cartoon Network. Did you watch the video? Filoni teased the next story arc (unless that was current.... I haven't been watching) and said they have lots of stories to finish out to bridge between the movies. I'm guessing they're just going to move everything to one of the Disney channels and keep everything "in-house" to save on distribution costs. Really more of an incomplete press release on their part.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:12 pm

I take the meaning to be:
- Detours postponed (it's not something that I was interested in anyway)
- The Clone Wars (moving from Cartoon Network to Disney for final season)
- Some kinda new thing in the works - either post-ROTS or post-ROTJ
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:00 pm

There's "bonus content" in the works for CLONE WARS. The show is over after this season. Any Season 6 plans they had will probably end up DTV or streamed from a web site or something. If it were moving to Disney XD I think that would have been mentioned. The impression I get is that with the new movies coming down the pike, Disney wants content to support the "current" time line and stop anything with the prequels or original trilogy.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby TheButcher on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:01 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:12 pm

The production team has been "reassigned or let go" and it seems like the show will be left without conclusion:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/stor ... 150781.asp
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:40 pm

I feel bad for fans who won't get a proper ending to the series.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:26 am

RogueScribner wrote:I feel bad for fans who won't get a proper ending to the series.

I suppose, other than finding out what further use Palpatine had for Darth Maul, there wasn't too much more to do. One could argue that Ahsoka's story arc was somewhat complete. Perhaps it's best they went out on top of their game. I expect if any season 6 stories were actually finished then they'd get a DVD release.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheButcher on Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:47 am

From IGN:
Clone Wars' Dave Filoni Developing New Star Wars Animated Series - The Force is with Dave Filoni... always.

Eric Goldman wrote:It's been a tough couple of weeks for fans of recent or would-be current Star Wars content, as word has spread about the end of many projects. First came the announcement that Star Wars: The Clone Wars was ending. That announcement also included the shelving of Star Wars: Detours, as Lucasfilm appeared to be stopping work on most projects that were being produced before Disney bought them, as the company gears up for Episode VII and many other new Star Wars films.

Then came yesterday's news that LucasArts was shifting to licensed games and that Star Wars: 1313 would likely not be completed, which furthered the feeling that a lot of doors were being shut, even while new ones were opening.

In the midst of this, Lucasfilm has teased that a new Star Wars animated series is in the works, but we also heard about layoffs at Lucasfilm Animation, in the wake of The Clone Wars and Detours ceasing production, while major layoffs occurred yesterday at LucasArts. So would any of the current creators of Star Wars content be involved going forward?

On the animation side at least, the answer is yes, thankfully. In his first interview since the Clone Wars announcement was made, that show's supervising director, Dave Filoni, spoke to our friends at RebelForceRadio.com for an interview going live on Friday, and reveals that he is staying at Lucasfilm Animation and will be involved with the next Star Wars animated series.

During the interview, Filoni is asked if he’ll continue with Star Wars animation, and replies, “Well, that’s my plan!”

Filoni notes that Star Wars is “obviously important to me and I’ve had a very great time working here. I’ve really helped build the animation division from when I got here and there were only a handful of people.”

Regarding recent events, he remarks, “It’s a function of our industry… It’s not my favorite part. You can luckily grow things and bring on many talented people, but there become times when you have to shrink things as well. We happen to be in one of those times right now, but that just paves the way, hopefully, for new things and new creativity in the future.”

Filoni goes on to explain, “At this point, I am involved in some early production discussions and exploration of what we’ll be doing with Star Wars animation in the future, which is really exciting for me and I have some friendly faces around me, of course, that are helping me on the project. So it’s a transition time, as I’ve said before, and I think it will lead to an exciting time and hopefully I’ll see things grow again.”

Filoni couldn't say much more about it, including what the show will focus on or when we'd see it. But if you're a fan of The Clone Wars, as I am, this is great news. Filoni came to Lucasfilm a huge Star Wars fan and his love for the series is obvious watching Star Wars: The Clone Wars, which has delivered some terrific Star Wars stories through the years. It's great to learn he will still be able to play in that world moving forward.

And yeah, I'll say it... It also has me hoping that, if this series takes place after The Clone Wars in the timeline, Filoni could use it to at least touch upon plotlines and characters he established in that series.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Star Wars: Reclamation

Postby TheButcher on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:57 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Wolfpack on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:10 pm

I wonder how many of the novels will be struck from Star Wars canon by Episode VII.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Re: Star Wars: Reclamation

Postby TheButcher on Fri May 10, 2013 4:54 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fievel on Fri May 10, 2013 10:08 am

Wolfpack wrote:I wonder how many of the novels will be struck from Star Wars canon by Episode VII.

If you want to get technical about it, none of them have been canon - only the films are.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Re: Star Wars Rebels

Postby TheButcher on Mon May 20, 2013 6:46 pm

Lucasfilm Announce TV’s Star Wars Rebels With Preview Video
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

PreviousNext

Return to Animation