"In retrospect that cartoon really sucked"

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Postby MonkeyM666 on Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:09 am

I actually just had a flashback (well it wasn't that far back) about a show that came on a few years ago and there was more toys then there were eps.

Biker Mice from Mars......

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DerLanghaarige on Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:47 am

Who knows these guys?
Name of the show was "Diplodos" and they were talking Dinosaurs who had the powers of office equipments (One of them could even produce duct tape!)
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby colonel_lugz on Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:48 am

Never seen that one, thought the pic was from a UK Zoner meet up for a brief moment
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:51 am

MonkeyM666 wrote:I actually just had a flashback (well it wasn't that far back) about a show that came on a few years ago and there was more toys then there were eps.

Biker Mice from Mars......

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

*timid hand up*

I actually worked with that company on their last show...
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Doc Holliday on Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:13 am

colonel_lugz wrote:Never seen that one, thought the pic was from a UK Zoner meet up for a brief moment

I'm calling dibs on the purple one then....I like the bonnet.
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades..."

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonsieurReynard on Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:57 am

What an odd idea for a show- "Hey kids, check out these cool aliens that talk like Led Zepplin roadies and don't really do anything!"

Just odd. Mind you, then there was Street Sharks. Sharks on land? That's terrifying.
Reynard City is back! Find out what the heck is going on at http://www.ecswebdesign.co.uk/wip/reynardcity/

*Free copy of Issue 1 *Reynard City Stories *An Audience With AK Girl and more...
MonsieurReynard
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby MonkeyM666 on Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:07 am

I remember Street sharks well. Too well... And the dude who voiced Michelangelo in the original Ninja Turtles did one of them (I think it was the 'cool' daft one suprise, suprise)

Atomic! I feel for you, you poor bugger, you must have come home each night a scrubed the filth away....

dirty.... dirty..... DIRTY!!!!!

use this to atone your sins Atomic...

Last edited by MonkeyM666 on Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonkeyM666 on Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:20 am

DerLanghaarige, that show could take the cake for the oddest cartoon I've ever heard of... And I've seen a shit load.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DerLanghaarige on Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:29 am

Hey, I just saw, that one of the Diplodos could also make bubbles! Damn, it's almost 20 years since I saw it the last time!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBPJqOPG7HU
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby MonkeyM666 on Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:54 am

Here's one I just remembered.... it's not really a cartoon but it is for kids so I hope I'll be excused for it.

Actually I think I kinda liked it, it was no 'You Can't fo that on Television' but it was ok.

T-Bag, T-Bag Strikes Again, T-Bag and the Pearls of Wisdom.... and ummm.... T-Bag and the Rings of Olympus.

I think it was a ITV thing, but I really can't remember it was so long ago.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Orcus on Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:31 pm

buster00 wrote:When I was little, I used to bug out on "The Kroft SuperShow." That was a live-action Saturday morning anthology series from the always wasted Kroft Brothers.

If you remember that show, than you still have a hard-on for Deidre Hall as Electra Woman.

But yeah, I'd hate to try to sit through it today.

Oh, man yes! They had some band on it called Captain Kool And the Kongs. Let's see they had WonderBug, Dr Shrinker and Electra Woman and DynaGirl.

I think during that time some of the other interesting "live action" kid shows were "The Kids from C.A.P.E.R" and the Hudson Brother's show. I think Charles Nelson Reily had one called "Uncle Crock" or something. They had an animated parody of M.A.S.H. on that one with Radar being a rat with these hypno eyes. Bizarre shit, even by my standards
Orcus
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby MonsieurReynard on Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:18 am

MonkeyM666 wrote:Here's one I just remembered.... it's not really a cartoon but it is for kids so I hope I'll be excused for it.

Actually I think I kinda liked it, it was no 'You Can't fo that on Television' but it was ok.

T-Bag, T-Bag Strikes Again, T-Bag and the Pearls of Wisdom.... and ummm.... T-Bag and the Rings of Olympus.

I wonder why that one's never been rerun...
Reynard City is back! Find out what the heck is going on at http://www.ecswebdesign.co.uk/wip/reynardcity/

*Free copy of Issue 1 *Reynard City Stories *An Audience With AK Girl and more...
MonsieurReynard
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby wonkabar on Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:40 am

MonsieurReynard wrote:
MonkeyM666 wrote:H ere's one I just remembered.... it's not really a cartoon but it is for kids so I hope I'll be excused for it.

I wonder why that one's never been rerun...

LOL. I don't remember it, but anything titled "T-Bag and the Pearls of Wisdom."....what can I say?
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby DerLanghaarige on Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:56 am

The Swamp Thing cartoon anyone?

The even had "Wild Thing" from The Troggs as main theme...but with Swamp Thing lyrics...
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby SilentBobX on Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:41 am

Speaking of flashbacks........

I suddenly remember the uber shitty from out of the gate Conan and Rambo cartoons.

I can hear the marketing guy now: Hey, let's take two R rated movies, and re-work them for kids and take out the killing, swearing, blood and nudity!

Whoever thought of this, should be dragged into the street and shot in the crotch. Twice.
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby unikrunk on Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:50 am

NASCAR Racers

I just watched an episode, and in retrospect, it sucked.

WTF happened to Saturday morning cartoons? NASCAR Racers? How fucking lame is that?

Where is the cool shit?
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby SilentBobX on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:15 am

Saturday morning cartoons pretty much ceased to exist when the Cartoon Network and Boomerang were added to channel lineups on cable. Damn shame
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby unikrunk on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:17 am

Tis' a shame. I got the pilot for ZIM on, so nicktoons is delivering for the moment.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonsieurReynard on Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:05 am

unikrunk wrote:Tis' a shame. I got the pilot for ZIM on, so nicktoons is delivering for the moment.

Yeah, terrestrial TV really wasn't kind to that show. Mainly because it's the most mental show since Ren And Stimpy ("Come back! I need stuff!")

MonsieurReynard
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby DerLanghaarige on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:42 am

Am I the only one thinks that Invader Zim is fucking SCARY in some episodes!? (Like the one with the aliens, that look like human babies)
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Al Shut on Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:13 am

Not really scary but sometimes suprisingly mean spirited and cynic comncerning the general public.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby buster00 on Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:17 pm

DerLanghaarige wrote:Am I the only one thinks that Invader Zim is fucking SCARY in some episodes!? (Like the one with the aliens, that look like human babies)

I just saw that one the other night! The part where those alien babies join together to form a MegaBaby is pleasantly disturbing.

Zim is one of the BEST 'TOONS EVARZ.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:34 pm

Saturday morning cartoons began to fade away when they got too expensive and the advertising rules changed. Once upon a time you could sell anything during those shows and then parents got all concerned about their kids whoring themselves out to get the latest sugary cereal or the trendy toy so they put restrictions on it. When NBC figured out they could make two seasons of Saved By The Bell AND eventually sell it into syndication for about the price of one animated show the writing was on the wall. Then the cable mergers happened and CBS programmed their Saturdays with Nickelodeon stuff and ABC used Disney Channel stuff. Luckily we have 'Toon and Boomerang to help recapture some of that magic (as crappy as some of it was).
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby buster00 on Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:10 pm

Here's a show I haven't thought about in a trillion years...

Remember "Drak Pack"?

The basic concept: Whenever the show's villains threatened humanity, the teenage descendents of Dracula, Frankenstein, and Wolfman would transform into their "monster" selves and put a stop to it.

It was a lot like the earlier live-action show "The Monster Squad" (as opposed to the movie of the same name).

I'd probably be embarassed to see either one of those shows again.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonsieurReynard on Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:19 am

Yeah, that trend of kiddified versions of things did nobody any favours.

MonsieurReynard
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Wolfpack on Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:25 am

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures made for a terrible cartoon.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:49 pm

I never saw it but the Ace Ventura cartoon looked awful.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Garbage Man on Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:55 am

They paired the Ace Ventura cartoon with one based on The Mask. I don't remember enough about either to say whether they were good or bad, but I do recall being impressed by the edginess of some of the jokes in the Ace toon. (And by "edgy" I mean, "edgy for mid-90's CBS Saturday morning children's programming").

Edit: Wiki reveals the Ace Ventura animated series was written by Seth MacFarlane, which makes sense in retrospect.
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby justcheckin on Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:45 am

I never saw the ace ventura cartoon... i didn't even know about it... haha Thankfully... :)
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:00 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:I loved the X-Men animated series from the '90s, but looking back at it now, it was sooooo cheaply made.

Yeah that X-Men cartoon was terrible.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby MonsieurReynard on Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:27 am

I liked the Ace Ventura cartoon, I was surprised how much of the film's humour was still in there.

But yes, the Bill and Ted cartoon was guff, as was Back To The Future.

In the case of B and T, the theme tune was a clue "It's a party, that's for sure!"

MonsieurReynard
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby moose4787 on Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:25 pm

I saw some of the Real Ghostbusters which I loved when i was little, but now its just not the same. Probily cause I grew up.
Xbox live profile: Moose4787
moose4787
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby unikrunk on Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:45 pm

Rambo.

Holy crap, that cartoon sucked. What the shit was going on there? This bare-chested goon and some ninja type chick named Katt, and some other dude, making up the ’Force of Freedom’ team, and going on lame ass missions. Shit.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Previous

Return to Animation