"In retrospect that cartoon really sucked"

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Postby Silent Shout on Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:19 pm

I remember watching this as a kid and even thinking this was stupid then, but I still continued to watch it. I can't even imagine what I'd think now:

Dinosaucers

It was like Transformers....but with dinosaurs....
I just want your music tonight
Silent Shout
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:35 pm

Denver the last dinosaur was pretty shit, then, and i'm guessing, now...
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:29 am

I still think "My Pet Monster" is the bees testicles...

Take that as you will...

Ribbons wrote:It's so true! Although Bo was pretty sweet back in the day. I hear tell he broke a bat just by check-swinging.

Hell - I hear that back in his prime - Bo used to break bats while in the on-deck circle...

Too bad that was during the foorball part of his career...

Anybody else here ever read his autobiography, Bo Knows Bo...?
I was blown away by it...

I never would've pegged Bo as a reader...let alone a writer...

I used to have a thing for sports autobiographies back in the day...

Oh yeah - cartoons - well - there was also this one...

havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:51 am

Well I loved Bagpuss Image as kid, and now I love the big ol' wrinkly Puss more than ever. In fact, whenever I hear the theme tune from the beginning in my head it always makes me cry AAABAAAAHHAAAHAAAAHAAAHAAAHOOOHOOOHOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

if I wasn't such a 100% beefy man. Also, I find those cute little mice, even more sexy now then I did then. Image
Bring on the sellotape that's all I can say. "Now keep still you little shit, I gotta make sure you stay intact and don't split this time!"
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby MonsieurReynard on Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:37 am

I also remember Geordie Racer. Every time I was ill from school it seemed to be on.

Odd story about Visionaries, I only ever watched two episodes from a borrowed tape (I never did find out if their "light shines underwater")

I also feel sorry for the bloke with power of a mollusc. That's a bit shit really.
Reynard City is back! Find out what the heck is going on at http://www.ecswebdesign.co.uk/wip/reynardcity/

*Free copy of Issue 1 *Reynard City Stories *An Audience With AK Girl and more...
MonsieurReynard
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Doc Holliday on Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:41 am

Wacky Races and Catch the Pigeon both pleasingly still hold up.

The Laugh-a-lympics were prety cool back in the day but I haven't seen that since the late seventies :cry:

On the animated side of things, "Trap Door" can still punch its weight...
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades..."

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Thin Man on Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:59 am

I hate to mention this one because I loved it so much as a kid but 'Battle of the Planets'. A friend got the DVD a while back and I borrowed it full of expectation. However, the stories were awful. It was the same basic plot each episode. He reckoned they had been cut from the Japanese originals because they were deemed to violent for British kids. That could explain why some scenes made no sense. That stupid talking robot was really annoying but my friend said it was added later so that he could explain the plot holes left by the re-editing.
Schindler and I are like peas in a pod. We both made shells for the Germans, it's just that mine worked!
The Thin Man
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:19 am

I swear, every single comment relating to He-man on this thread has cracked me up!

Doc, as far as D & D goes, I'm sorry man, really I am. But I have the first 6 episodes on disk and, um......yeah. It's abysmal.

Weirdly enough, some cartoons seem to get better with time. I hated Rocky & Bulwinkle as a kid, but I saw one as an adult and realised that it is packed with slightly risqué adult humour!

Anybody remember Marshall Bravestarr?

"Speed of the poo-mah"??

Godawful
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby austenandrews on Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:20 am

Not that I thought in such terms at the time, but even as a kid I enjoyed Battle of the Planets for its designs more than its stories or characters. It had "cool" down at a time when most "cool" cartoons basically had better comic timing.
Gordian Algebra, my new webcomic
austenandrews
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby Al Shut on Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:00 am

thebostonlocksmith wrote:what was the name of the multi-racial band of brothers that used to have rings that they would hold in the air and say

Earth or Wind?

I think it was captain planet (i'm pretty sure now...)

Örks I just remembered Captain Planet. Shudders

That show had some incredible motivate villains. "I like pollution muhahah!"
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby unikrunk on Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:58 am

DennisMM wrote:You're praising POTA for being crap, though! To me that's not great, just the sort of thing we're discussing here.

Star Trek comes off as a kid's show. Sometimes it's a very sophisticated kid's show, but still aimed at a younger audience than TOS. There are exceptions. Larry Niven's "Slaver Weapon" is wonderful and "Yesteryear" (Spock using the Guardian of Forever to visit his childhood) stands up well. The red, goat-legged alien crewman was a nice idea.

It is very entertaining, albeit what I find entertaining may not be to most. I like the things that are noted in my incredibly brief review. The only thing that kind of pulls me out of 'the experience' is the voice work for the gorilla General done by Alan Reed. It’s just bizarre to hear Fred Flintstone call for the deaths of the 'human animal’.

The deal with Star Trek TAS is that I don't think it was aimed at kids completely; accessible to them, yes, but not exclusively devised for a child. If memory serves, the scripts were developed for TOS before it was cancelled.

/I still have a love for it; just did a little googling, and see that it is being released late November on DVD. :D
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:13 am

Jeremy the Bear; not as good as it was when I was four. Caught an episode on line the other day, and wanted to kill it.

Same with Barbapapa and Fables of the Green Forest, they have not held up.

This was not animated, but does anyone remember Tales of the Riverbank? Matthew Mouse and G.P, riding around in a jeep and shit. Used to blow my mind that a mouse could drive a little car.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Doc Holliday on Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:23 am

The Thin Man wrote:I hate to mention this one because I loved it so much as a kid but 'Battle of the Planets'. A friend got the DVD a while back and I borrowed it full of expectation. However, the stories were awful. It was the same basic plot each episode. He reckoned they had been cut from the Japanese originals because they were deemed to violent for British kids. That could explain why some scenes made no sense. That stupid talking robot was really annoying but my friend said it was added later so that he could explain the plot holes left by the re-editing.

Its no good....each time I read this a part of me dies inside :cry:

You know...I hadn't thought about this before...but when I was much much younger I didn't used to ahve much time at all for most of the traditional 'toons. I HATED RoadRunner because it was always the same old thing.....and Daffy Duck used to get on my tits with the stupid way he spoke.

Later in life I could easily spend a whole weekend watching these same characters....I think perhaps you need to be beaten down a bit by life first to really appreciate the unrelenting violence and all-round futility of poor bastards like Wil.E.Coyote... :D

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Doc Holliday on Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:31 am

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:Doc, as far as D & D goes, I'm sorry man, really I am. But I have the first 6 episodes on disk and, um......yeah. It's abysmal.

Say it ain't so!!!!

I could be doing a Coppola's Dracula here (guilty of the ole rose-tinted spectacles).

I remember that effing unicorn and wishing the dragon would just fry its bleating behind.

I remember the wizard being incredibly shit and producing nothing of any real value from his floppy hat (Pele used to have a floppy hat you know...).

"Shit - we're under attack (again) from legions of the undead"

"Quick....here....grab a hold of my......imitation dandelion"

And Eric the cowardly Cavalier.

"Cool...I'm invisible! And I am the deadliest archer there ever lived...and you?"

"I have a shield - no you may not borrow it...I hate you all".

And didn't one of the cast from Charles in Charge do one of the voices?

Dungeon Master....what a gentleman eh? Here we are...in the forest....today I need you to learn how to share - of fuck, here come the demon hordes (again) - I'm outta here >poof<.

Yeh...thanks for nothing mate.

No...its no good....even with all that....I still liked that show :D

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Thin Man on Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:19 am

Doc Holliday wrote:
The Thin Man wrote:I hate to mention this one because I loved it so much as a kid but 'Battle of the Planets'. A friend got the DVD a while back and I borrowed it full of expectation. However, the stories were awful. It was the same basic plot each episode. He reckoned they had been cut from the Japanese originals because they were deemed to violent for British kids. That could explain why some scenes made no sense. That stupid talking robot was really annoying but my friend said it was added later so that he could explain the plot holes left by the re-editing.

Why?
Schindler and I are like peas in a pod. We both made shells for the Germans, it's just that mine worked!
The Thin Man
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby unikrunk on Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:23 am

I have the complete series; the American version was G-Force and later Battle of the Planets - 7-zark-7 was added to Battle of the Planets, and this was indeed to plug the holes where the original got a little too violent.

The original Japanese episodes are included in the set, it was called Science Ninja Team Gatchaman - hence the G-Force thing.

Keyop actually had the gift of speech in the originals, but for some reason the American versions had him make nothing but R2-D2 type noises, which essentially made him a functionally autistic kid that happened to hang out with superheroes.

Edit: and the carton rocked, in all its incarnations. There was a real story line to follow, that ran through the series. When their friend and benefactor was revealed to be an agent of Zoltar, I felt betrayed.
Last edited by unikrunk on Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:24 am

Dammit, you memory rapists.

Thanks be none of you are shitting on Alfred J Quack.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Doc Holliday on Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:33 am

The Thin Man wrote:
Doc Holliday wrote:

Why?

I love that show - still do :D I've got Season One on DVD too! It holds a special place in my heart above all other cartoons I guess...it was the first cartoon I ever saw that didn't involve one animal plotting pain on another or feature the words Hanna or Barbera during the credits. For some reason it had a real impact on me as a kid - it was probably the first show that I used to rush home to watch (well, other than that whole Batman TV series thing in the 70's).

the first inkling, even back then, that anime etc was "my bag" - I used to walk around like a tit in a trance the next day at school replaying the last episode in my mind...I think it was also the first time I'd come up against a "group of heroes" style story...you know, each with their own gift...each witht heir own special weapon.

Its the first incarnation of that Jap ideal of storytelling that is still there to this day..whether itbe in stuff like Dragonbal....or even games like Final Fantasy....for me it really laid something of a blueprint down and I'm struuggling to think of anything I'd seen before it that had done the same.

But yes...even when I was 6, 7-Zark-7 and more importantly 1-Rover-fucking-1 really grated.....I used to turn the show off when those shitty epilogues played.

I've covered the whole cutting out the violent bit in anouther thread but I can't find it now...typical.

Its Hercs fault.....

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonsieurReynard on Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:32 am

The one that sparked off this topic for me was Captain Nintendo- now, it's the most feebly animated, crassest commercial ever.

This wouldn't be so bad, if it didn't make the game characters out to be total f***wits.
Reynard City is back! Find out what the heck is going on at http://www.ecswebdesign.co.uk/wip/reynardcity/

*Free copy of Issue 1 *Reynard City Stories *An Audience With AK Girl and more...
MonsieurReynard
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby silentbobafett on Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:41 am

GUMMI BEARS JUMPING HERE AND THERE AND EVERYWHERE! THEY ARE THE GUMMI BEARS!

That show, as stated above, was good and, as not stated above, always will be!

FACT! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby captainbrose on Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:53 am

havocSchultz wrote:I used to enjoy a cartoon - I think it was called The All-Stars or something like that...it featured animated forms of Wayne Gretzky, Michael Jordan, and Bo Jackson fighting crime together in the off-season or something....

It was called Pro Stars ... I used to watch that all the time even though I didnt like hockey or Michael Jordan...so its a good thing they had Bo
captainbrose
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby darkjedijaina on Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:00 am

i swear there was a kids show that was just shoes. talking shoes. i remember the main character was a work boot. but, i cannot, for the life of me, remember what it is called! argh! and no one else seems to remember it, either...

as far as other cartoons, i haven't really watched any of them because i'm afraid they will indeed suck. but as far as what i used to watch:

Voltron
JEM & the misfits
rainbow brite
transformers - and does anyone remember the go-bots?
inspector gadget
heathcliff
garfield

hm, that's all i can think of at the moment.
darkjedijaina
BAD ASH

Postby MonsieurReynard on Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:09 am

captainbrose wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:I used to enjoy a cartoon - I think it was called The All-Stars or something like that...it featured animated forms of Wayne Gretzky, Michael Jordan, and Bo Jackson fighting crime together in the off-season or something....

It was called Pro Stars ... I used to watch that all the time even though I didnt like hockey or Michael Jordan...so its a good thing they had Bo

Bo knows how to take a compliment!

MonsieurReynard
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Al Shut on Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:55 am

darkjedijaina wrote:i swear there was a kids show that was just shoes. talking shoes. i remember the main character was a work boot. but, i cannot, for the life of me, remember what it is called! argh! and no one else seems to remember it, either...

shoe people perhaps

I remember that one but I wouldn't say I liked it back then.

For some reason Atomics mentioning of Alfred J. Quack made me think of David der Kabauter wich aparently was called David the Gnome in english. I haven't seen anything of it in more than a decade but from what I remember I'm preety sure I would dislike it now.
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby The Thin Man on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:11 am

Sorry Doc and Unikrunk. I didn't mean to piss on your childhood memories.
:oops:
I suspect that I felt so disapointed when I watched them because I had such fond memories of the series when I was a kid. I am probably too old and cynical to appreciate them anymore. On the plus side, the animation still holds up really well. I suppose you have to bear in mind that a lot of cartoons at the time were really badly made - static backgrounds that repeated and characters who would just move their mouths or a single arm in a scene. Plus, the sight of Princess constantly flasing her white panties used to raise feelings in me that I couldn't explain at the time. :twisted:
The Thin Man
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby MonsieurReynard on Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:10 pm

Al_Shut wrote:
darkjedijaina wrote:i swear there was a kids show that was just shoes. talking shoes. i remember the main character was a work boot. but, i cannot, for the life of me, remember what it is called! argh! and no one else seems to remember it, either...

shoe people perhaps

For some reason Atomics mentioning of Alfred J. Quack made me think of David der Kabauter wich aparently was called David the Gnome in english. I haven't seen anything of it in more than a decade but from what I remember I'm preety sure I would dislike it now.

David the sodding gnome! That sanctimonious bumphrey!

I remember one episode where he granted a wish to a kindly farmer who was poor. So the mook asks for a big chunk of gold. Lo and behold he is accused of theft, thus proving that poor people should know their place.

MonsieurReynard
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Al Shut on Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:25 pm

MonsieurReynard wrote:
Al_Shut wrote:[quo te="darkjedijaina"]i swear there was a kids show that was just shoes. talking shoes. i remember the main character was a work boot. but, i cannot, for the life of me, remember what it is called! argh! and no one else seems to remember it, either...

shoe people perhaps

David the sodding gnome! That sanctimonious bumphrey!

I remember one episode where he granted a wish to a kindly farmer who was poor. So the mook asks for a big chunk of gold. Lo and behold he is accused of theft, thus proving that poor people should know their place.[/quote]

Serves him right he should have wished for world peace or for a big chunk of gold for me.
Last edited by Al Shut on Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby HollywoodBabylon on Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:38 pm

Unusual thread, this, because in the end we all have a different perspective and outlook on things when we're children, especially on what we see and watch - our imaginations and thought processes are more impressionable, immediate and vivid, so certain stuff like programmes, books, film etc are bound to look different when looking at them through our adult eyes. I suppose it's always best to remember that we loved these things as kids and that's the important thing.
HollywoodBabylon
AIRWOLF

Postby Doc Holliday on Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:07 pm

The Thin Man wrote:Sorry Doc and Unikrunk.

Now there's a sentence you don't see on the Zone everyday! :D

The Thin Man wrote:I didn't mean to piss on your childhood memories.
:oops:

No worries pal - I just thought I owed you an explanation as to why I cherished it!

The Thin Man wrote:Plus, the sight of Princess constantly flasing her white panties used to raise feelings in me that I couldn't explain at the time. :twisted:

Ummm.... I've just remembered something I've got to go and do in the other room for a minute.....

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby austenandrews on Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:10 pm

So when will people finally realize that G.I. Joe and the Transformers sucked?
Gordian Algebra, my new webcomic
austenandrews
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby buster00 on Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:29 pm

I'll say it: The movie Heavy Metal. I'm sorry, but it does NOT hold up the way you remember it. You know, when you were young and stoned.

And yeah, "GI Joe" and "Transformers" did suck, just like pretty much all of the action cartoons of the 80's.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby captainbrose on Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:57 pm

As for Cartoons I do think held up well...

Thundercats
Real Ghostbusters
captainbrose
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Doc Holliday on Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:09 pm

I caught that Ulysses 31 the other day and thought it was pretty cool still.

I wasn't even stoned :shock:

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:01 pm

Doc Holliday wrote:I caught that Ulysses 31 the other day and thought it was pretty cool still.

I wasn't even stoned :shock:

Damn right, it's badass and needs to be made into a film.

I watched the whole series of The Mysterious Cities of Gold last year, a lot of it's charm had gone but it was better than I remember it being in other ways, it was actually educational in many ways and although the music got on my nerves after about 20 episodes it was actually pretty good and suspensefull.

No love for the Muppet Babies? I used to love that show, I got up early on saturday morning to watch it on Going Live with Peter Schofield & Sarah Green (and that fuck Gordon the Gopher).

I loved the Racoons too, I find it hard to believe that show sucks now.

I seem to remember some cartoon set in a swamp with pigs, can't remember much more than that.

Mask is shit, I caught up with that recently and it's just complete shit, the toys were badass though.

Anyone remember Roger Ramjet, the pill popping pilot? That show was fucked up.

Ludvig the epcot centre looking violin playing golfball that was constantly being stalked by a man in a hat with binoculars, that was just the most bizarre fucked up catroon I've ever seen.

Memories eh.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby buster00 on Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:23 pm

Y'know, I liked "Muppet Babies." I really admired their innovative use of stock footage. I have a big fetish for stock footage.

I'm sure it would embarrass the hell out of me if I tried to watch it now, though. "We'll use our imaginations! Yay!" Barf.

No matter what, "Muppet Babies" still kicks the shit out of all the other cartoon babalities. "Flintstone Kids," "Baby Looney Tunes," etc.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby darkjedijaina on Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:40 pm

buster00 wrote:Y'know, I liked "Muppet Babies." I really admired their innovative use of stock footage. I have a big fetish for stock footage.

I'm sure it would embarrass the hell out of me if I tried to watch it now, though. "We'll use our imaginations! Yay!" Barf.

No matter what, "Muppet Babies" still kicks the shit out of all the other cartoon babalities. "Flintstone Kids," "Baby Looney Tunes," etc.

muchly agreed.
darkjedijaina
BAD ASH

Postby Vegeta on Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:15 pm

Hate to say it, but the majority of Hanna Barbarra (sp?) cartoons are teh crap these days.
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby cap on Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:21 pm

Word, they came out of 1960's drug induced haze.... So at the time they didn't seem that bad.

Ambition - The journey of a thousand miles sometimes ends very, very badly
cap
AIRWOLF

Postby darkjedijaina on Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:32 pm

I think Pink Panther is still great...
darkjedijaina
BAD ASH

Postby Vegeta on Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:40 pm

Haven't seen Pink Panther in many moons. And, I will admit that some Woody Woodpecker was f!@#ing hysterical.

I didn't day all, I said the majority.
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:13 pm

buster00 wrote:Those "Scooby-Doo" episodes that had the guest stars ("Hey, it's Don Knotts!")

Jerry Reed, arguably most famous as The Guy Driving The Truck in Smokey and The Bandit, played at the casino here and hit the tables afterward. A friend of a friend happened to approach him and, completely sincere, say, "Mr. Reed, I'm a big fan of your work. You were great on Scooby Doo." Mr. Reed continued with his hand of blackjack as if nothing ever happened. I so wish I could have witnessed that.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:21 pm

Thundercats and Transformers sadly.

Honorable mentions: C.O.P.S. and Mighty Max.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby buster00 on Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:14 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:
buster00 wrote:Those "Scooby-Doo" episodes that had the guest stars ("Hey, it's Don Knotts!")

Jerry Reed, arguably most famous as The Guy Driving The Truck in Smokey and The Bandit, played at the casino here and hit the tables afterward. A friend of a friend happened to approach him and, completely sincere, say, "Mr. Reed, I'm a big fan of your work. You were great on Scooby Doo." Mr. Reed continued with his hand of blackjack as if nothing ever happened. I so wish I could have witnessed that.

WHAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!1!!1!! Me too, man. Me too.

Jerry Reed is equal to (or greater than) awesomez.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonsieurReynard on Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:05 am

buster00 wrote:Y'know, I liked "Muppet Babies." I really admired their innovative use of stock footage. I have a big fetish for stock footage.

The nadir being Little Rosie. Seriously, who turns around one day and thinks "A cartoon version of Roseanne? Brilliant!" Presumably the same man who thinks Paris Hilton is an actress or people will buy a fizzy drink made from milk.

MonsieurReynard
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Flumm on Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:15 am

Mmm, I started out wondering if I could find a pretense to post the Spanish and Dutch versions of the Moomins theme tunes, without somehow demeaning myself for the shallow minded retro cartoon hungry hijinx sham I am. Perhaps comparing them to the relative entertainment value of the English, or at least our memories of them, or at least pretending, or pretending to pretend, smooshed, wedged and foisted into some form of laborious joke, just so I could post them.

But I've sem-self grifted myself into making a semi-serious point. Non semi-convelutedly.

Aswell as essentially just wanting to post the hijinx.

Sigh/Yay!

Cartoons, fundementally more entertaining in Teh Foriegn?

(deep breath, Ribbons, deep breath)

Gummie Bears

Español Gummie Bears

Japanese Gummie Bears
Last edited by Flumm on Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonsieurReynard on Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:17 am

The way the Rugrats sound in French is mental.

MonsieurReynard
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby unikrunk on Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:38 am

darkjedijaina wrote:i swear there was a kids show that was just shoes. talking shoes. i remember the main character was a work boot. but, i cannot, for the life of me, remember what it is called! argh! and no one else seems to remember it, either....

I remember it, the show was called Readalong, and was produced by TVOntario in the 70's. The boot ued to give me the creeps.

unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby colonel_lugz on Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:40 am

We had one in the UK; a cartoon called The Shoe People
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:46 am

Did you have Hattytown as well Lugs?

unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby colonel_lugz on Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:56 am

How the fuck did Hattytown work?

talking shoes is one thing......
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

PreviousNext

Return to Animation