Hunter X Hunter

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Hunter X Hunter

Postby tangerine on Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:23 pm

Right, I'm not a huge fan of the search engine, and this might be out there somewhere already, but I trust Dino will give me good spank if that is the case.

(Looking forward to that.)

Anyway, Hunter X Hunter, imho the best anime I've ever seen! Though for some reason it seems very difficult to find anywhere - I had to go to Paris and buy the manga, in French - a pretty good reason to learn a new language I have to say.

Anyone read, seen, heard of? It's some wicked shit, I tell you.

tangerine
AIRWOLF

Postby MonkeyM666 on Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:30 pm

I've never even heard of it!!!! :shock:

Tell me more. It looks a little bit Full Metal Alchemist meats James bond.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tangerine on Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:34 pm

Well, I could tell you more, but it's all in the wikipedia-link... I'm just gutted that it hasn't spread more. I was lucky to have a very geeky ex-bf who introduced me to it years ago - unfortunately I didn't hog it off his PC before I dumped him. I think I should try and download it. There are lots and lots of episodes though, so it'll take a while. Hmm, building for a zoner HXH meetup maybe?
tangerine
AIRWOLF

Postby Al Shut on Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:44 pm

That good?

I think I have some of the manga in old issues of a monthly collection but I never read it. Actually I paid so little attention to it that I thought it was just called Hunter X until now.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby tangerine on Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:10 pm

Oh. Where did you get it? Have you never read it? The anime is definitely better than the manga though must be said.
tangerine
AIRWOLF

Postby Al Shut on Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:42 am

It was a monthly German (What was that about learning new languages) magazin called Banzai that collected several manga series. It's not published anymore but I think the manga is also avaiable as a series on it's own.

Srangely I can't remember reading any of the series in the magazine. Either there is something wrong with my memory or with me in general.

I will dig them out and give them a look.
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby tangerine on Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:44 am

Yeah you should, though bear in mind the manga isn't at all as good. I found some of the episodes chopped to pieces at youtube, better than nothing. Though I think it takes a while to get into the anime, I remember it took me at least 10ish episodes or so, it doesn't get interesting until they start doing the missions to become hunters.
tangerine
AIRWOLF

Postby Al Shut on Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:49 pm

The first chapters looked promising and I really can see the series picking up steam after the test. The definition of a hunter is a bit vague so the missions would be open to alot of stuff.

Is it fair to assume that the anime is less voilent than the manga? Some stuff looked a bit harsh to show on TV.
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby tangerine on Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:11 pm

Hm. No, it's been a while now, but I remember the anime as pretty gory, too. It all starts off really childish, so it comes as a bit of a shock, which is really effective. Glad you like it. Actually, I found some of the anime on youtube, if you want to check that out as well.
tangerine
AIRWOLF

Postby Al Shut on Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:16 am

I kinda lack the patience to watch it on youtube but I checked some of hte early parts to compare the gore.

I think the gore has been reduced a little but the violence is still there. I can't imagine how this would look if it ever showed up on German TV: (shudder)
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby tangerine on Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:34 am

Dubbed to German? God forbid!
tangerine
AIRWOLF

Postby Al Shut on Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:41 pm

TV dubs are usually not that bad, although some might disagree. I think more in the line of cutting the blood, erase the weapons and replace the words kill and death by defeated.
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Return to Animation