WALL•E

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

On a scale of 011010 to 1001011, how would you rate WALL•E?

49%
24%
8%
3%
5%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
*DOES NOT COMPUTE* (Will not be seeing this in theaters)
No votes
I miss Flumm... :'(
11%

Total votes : 37

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:14 pm

Pixar might swerve us all and have Wall-E misinterpret his mission orders and kill his human masters.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Zarles on Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:24 pm

Nothing breaks me up like a robot killing his human masters.

:: sniff ::

:P
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:47 pm

Myspace has the new trailer

Mothersite has the scoop on the Promotional Website.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Lady Sheridan on Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:32 am

He sounds like Artoo--I think that's the sweetest homage ever.

It just gets better and better, the animation is so beautiful. I think Wall*E has to be the cutest thing PIXAR has ever created.

I wish I could have seen that BNAT footage, I get why it made people cry now that Harry's described it.
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:39 am

Lady Sheridan wrote:He sounds like Artoo--I think that's the sweetest homage ever.

It just gets better and better, the animation is so beautiful. I think Wall*E has to be the cutest thing PIXAR has ever created.

I wish I could have seen that BNAT footage, I get why it made people cry now that Grande Rojo's described it.

seriously amazing animation. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. I can't wait for this.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:56 am

tapehead wrote:Mothersite has the scoop on the Promotional Website.

That Buy n Large page is hysterical.

make sure you read the fine print...
In order to access services through our site, you must provide us with certain personal information such as your name, your Vari-Credit number and expiration date, your Vari-Credit billing address, your telephone number, your e-mail address and the name or names of the person(s) in your immediate family. We may also ask you for other personal information, such as your medical history.

All acquired customer information becomes the property of the Buy n Large corporation and can be used (but is not limited to) any venture the Buy n Large Corporation deems beneficial to it. By visiting Buy n Large (or a Buy n Large partner) the user agrees to relinquish (if requested) any personal assets that may be deemed "usable" by the Buy n Large Corporation; this includes (but is not limited to) real estate, stock holdings, user transportation, employment income and the users "soul" (either real or imagined, regardless of spiritual or religious affiliation).

By visiting the Buy n Large website you become a registered member of the Buy n Large Database. You may not unsubscribe to this database at any time.

Buy n Large will share your personal information with third parties whenever it deems such sharing to be advantageous to it, including when you engage in certain activities on our site such as using a menu, viewing, clicking your mouse or breathing. Buy n Large will also share your personal information when you respond to promotional materials from Buy n Large and authorize a third party to use your personal information for purposes such as, for example, sending you additional promotional materials that further obligate you (and your family) to receive additional promotional materials, providing you a product or service, or entering you in a contest, sweepstakes or game that will usually require a financial obligation on the part of the user.

By visiting Buy n Large you are contractually obligated to read all email that is sent to you via the Buy n Large servers. Failure to do so will be considered of a breach of contract.

We automatically log all information about your computer's connection to the Internet, which we call "Buy n Large Property". Buy n Large Property consists of things such as IP address, operating system and type of browser software being used and the activities conducted by the user while on our site (or other sites). We may also use some of the Buy n Large Property, such as the pages you visited on our site (or other sites), to send you e-mail messages (such as "Buy n Large requires you to join our Buy n Large Corporate Street Team. Failure to do so will result in legal action") focused on products that we feel you should (or must) be interested in and now are contractually obligated to be interested in.

From time to time we may add or enhance services available on the site to increase our market share. We will use the information you provide to increase our market share and facilitate any program that is deemed beneficial to the Buy n Large Corporation. For example, if you email us with a question, we will use your email address, name, nature of the question, etc. to assist the Buy n Large Corporation in acquiring new assets. This includes using your question and likeness in publicity materials as the submission of any data to the Buy n Large Corporation immediately transfers your status as a "user" to "Promotional Entity". This status is life long and binding. Please see the Promotional Entity contract at BuynLarge.com for more information on your obligations.

so not only using the "Brazil" theme, but also taking a page from the Central Services playbook?

most excellent.
Last edited by Keepcoolbutcare on Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:59 am

AHHHHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

As someone who has had to actually read those things professionally from time to time (and draft them) that's the funniest fucking thing I've read in a long time. Brilliant!
Lord Voldemoo

Postby havocSchultz on Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:15 am

Lord Voldemoo wrote:AHHHHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

As someone who has had to actually read those things professionally from time to time (and draft them) that's the funniest fucking thing I've read in a long time. Brilliant!

And it gives you some ideas for your own work...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Zarles on Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:21 am

Going from the new trailer, this movie is going to kill me. I'm not going to bring anyone with me to see it, as I'm well aware I will be a blubbering mess by the time it's over.

What is that supposed to be at the end of the trailer, though? The sexy female robot?
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:07 am

Is it my imagination (and I fully admit to not clicking upon this thread before today) or are there many Star Wars-style sounds in that trailer?
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Zarles on Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:08 am

Being that Ben Burtt is responsible, I'd say yes.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:03 am

havocSchultz wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:AHHHHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

And it gives you some ideas for your own work...

The Corporate Punk story is my favourite so far. Working on the presumption that the Buy'N'Large site is giving us a glimpse of the world that Wall*E takes place in, I'm very excited.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:15 am

Zarles wrote:Being that Ben Burtt is responsible, I'd say yes.

oh man.

good i guess? But I really hated most of the sound work on the Prequels. The original trilogy=awesome. Most of the prequels sounded like a cartoon to me. The only sound work I really liked in the Prequels were the engines of the podracers...

so...maybe not bad for this I guess? It IS a cartoon.

Don't put him on the DVD commentary though...guy never shuts up either.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby Lady Sheridan on Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:01 am

Zarles wrote:Going from the new trailer, this movie is going to kill me. I'm not going to bring anyone with me to see it, as I'm well aware I will be a blubbering mess by the time it's over.

What is that supposed to be at the end of the trailer, though? The sexy female robot?

I think it's whatever ship she arrives on? Then she leaves and he hitches a ride on the outside...sniffle!
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Zarles on Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:01 am

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
Zarles wrote:Being that Ben Burtt is responsible, I'd say yes.

oh man.

good i guess? But I really hated most of the sound work on the Prequels. The original trilogy=awesome. Most of the prequels sounded like a cartoon to me. The only sound work I really liked in the Prequels were the engines of the podracers...

so...maybe not bad for this I guess? It IS a cartoon.

Don't put him on the DVD commentary though...guy never shuts up either.

:: boos Moo ::

Oh, come on. The sound effect for the seismic bombs that Jango crapped out of the Slave I in AOTC? Teh sexorz. I LOVE that sound.

I know what you're getting at, but seeming this doesn't really seem to be trying to be a serious sci-fi epic, I think Burtt's beeps and bloops will be fine. Wall-E is basically R2's little cousin, from how I see it.

Lady Sheridan wrote:I think it's whatever ship she arrives on? Then she leaves and he hitches a ride on the outside...sniffle!

:P

I'm getting all verklempt already.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:26 pm

Zarles wrote:Wall-E is basically R2's little cousin, from how I see it.

Man, I really hope not - the similarities with E.T. I can probably deal with, but R2D2 is a second banana support character, leaugues away from the kind of robot Wall*E has got to be to be at the centre of a film.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Flumm on Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:34 am

[quote="Mothership"]

[b]Hey, everyone. â€
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:38 am

Well I certainly hope this movie turns out to be something special. I barely know anything about the story, now that I think about it, but the character is just adorable. I love his little scream in the new preview as that spaceship he's hitched a ride onto goes careening off into space.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Flumm on Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:57 am

Although I don't anyone here would be all suprised and confounded by the statements, it's still interesting to read Mori's words, too.

It's always hard to discern what's whut when you're looking at these things from the perspective we do, but it's hard to recall such a wellspring of goodwill for an original film so long before opening day. Even if it is from a relatively small circle of interest. I just can't imagine this thing not unraping childhoods everywhere come the summer.

It's not even close to being released and it already feels like it's somehow been, gone and earnt the hearts, minds, and wallets of the world over in it's wake.
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lady Sheridan on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:26 am

It's true. I've had some friends and family who haven't seen the trailer and the moment I show them even a picture of Wall*E, they can't wait.

Maybe he can bring us world peace.

Has anyone seen the big talking standees at their local theatre? I covet one.
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:29 am

Yeah WALL*E makes me cry already. For that I hate AND love it.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Ribbons on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:30 am

Lady Sheridan wrote:Maybe he can bring us world peace.

Hehe... Wall•E for Dalai Lama!

Lady Sheridan wrote:Has anyone seen the big talking standees at their local theatre? I covet one.

I have, I have indeed. It's cardboard, so I think it would fit in my car if I folded it up...
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:32 am

Lady Sheridan wrote:
Has anyone seen the big talking standees at their local theatre? I covet one.

NO!

I've been to a couple of theaters lately and neither had one.

Someone steal me one!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: seriously. Stop reading this. Go get me one. Now. I'll make you a mod if you do.*

*blatant lie
Lord Voldemoo

Postby Lady Sheridan on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:34 am

Ribbons wrote:
I have, I have indeed. They're cardboard, so I think it would fit in my car if I folded it up...

Some friends and I cooked up a plan once to get really bland jumpsuits, with names like "Steve" and "Rob" embroidered on the pocket, along with something like "HRT Marketing" on the back. And any time we covet a movie theatre display, go in and say "Oh, we're here by special request, there's been a recall...yep, yep, there seems to be a swastika there on the eye. If you look real close, you can see it. Seems there were some complaints...yeah, you'll get the new one in a week or so, I don't know, we don't handle that part. Just the removal...."

I think it would work at least once. If there was ever a time to try it, it would be for a talking WALL*E
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:37 am

Lady Sheridan wrote:
Ribbons wrote:
I have, I have indeed. They're cardboard, so I think it would fit in my car if I folded it up...

Some friends and I cooked up a plan once to get really bland jumpsuits, with names like "Steve" and "Rob" embroidered on the pocket, along with something like "HRT Marketing" on the back. And any time we covet a movie theatre display, go in and say "Oh, we're here by special request, there's been a recall...yep, yep, there seems to be a swastika there on the eye. If you look real close, you can see it. Seems there were some complaints...yeah, you'll get the new one in a week or so, I don't know, we don't handle that part. Just the removal...."

I think it would work at least once. If there was ever a time to try it, it would be for a talking WALL*E

jesus christ, that would work.

Ribbons, Burl. Meet us in Colorado.

Bring jumpsuits.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:46 am

I want no part of this heist. If I am going to get involved in something like this, I want it to be more than a few pieces of cardboard.

Nerds.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:50 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:I want no part of this heist. If I am going to get involved in something like this, I want it to be more than a few pieces of cardboard.

Nerds.

You'd do it if it were a Mad Eye Moody standee... :P
Lord Voldemoo

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:56 am

Wait... that's not fair. Would it be made of more than cardboard? And would it be capable of sex?
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby buster00 on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:57 am

My girlfriend just saw the Wall•E trailer for the first time.

She was all like, "Pfft. Didn't we already see Short Circuit?"

What a fucking dipshit.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:59 am

Slap her until she bleeds!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby buster00 on Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:04 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:Slap her until she bleeds!

I did worse. I made her sit through National Treasure: Book of Secrets.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:16 am

ouch!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:12 pm

The new Superbowl spot for R2-ET:

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/wall-e/

Look in the videos section.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:18 pm

I loved the TV Spot. Gosh, this movie can't come soon enough.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:21 pm

Awwww.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby tapehead on Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:22 pm

So cute I pooped a sugar cube.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:26 pm

I think we're probably all diabetic now.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonkeyM666 on Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:30 pm

Damn, it's a little too cute me thinks... in fact the more I think about it the less I like it. Bringing back Woodie and Buzz is a deliberate marketing move by disney...

hummmm...

I love the website though, very slick.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:39 pm

MonkeyM666 wrote:Bringing back Woodie and Buzz is a deliberate marketing move by disney....

Duhhh. Seriously though I think it's a great one...Like the Lilo and Stitch teasers.

Nothing wrong with being self referential.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:48 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:
MonkeyM666 wrote:Bringing back Woodie and Buzz is a deliberate marketing move by disney....

Duhhh. Seriously though I think it's a great one...Like the Lilo and Stitch teasers.

Whoa. I had forgotten about those. Nice links Chairman.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonkeyM666 on Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:53 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:

bla, bla bla.... I was saying how I didn't appreciate the hard sell Kaga. It wasn't playful branded banter like the lilo and stitch skits.
Last edited by MonkeyM666 on Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:14 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:Duhhh.

MonkeyM666 wrote:bla, bla bla....

I thought it was aimed at the kiddies too.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:18 pm

I meant duhhh as in "Duhhh it's obviously intentional. It's not like Buzz and Woody actually exist and could be filmed in cognito thus it was planned."
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonkeyM666 on Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:35 pm

tapehead wrote:
Chairman Kaga wrote:Duhhh.

MonkeyM666 wrote:bla, bla bla....

I thought it was aimed at the kiddies too.

Interesting, for I believe that it's aimed more at the mum and dad's... hence the re-hashing of popular catch phrases from even more popular characters that the parents would remember from the child's earlier life (there popularity of Buzz and Woodie in the under 5's is astounding). I mean hell... lets use to infinity and beyond one more time just in case someone was in the bathroom at the time. :roll:
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:43 am

WALL.E is fucking adorable. I didn't care about Woody and Buzz. The whole spot should have been WALL.E's Buster Keaton/Chaplin routine with his cockroach. If I were that cockroach, I wouldn't be WALL.E's friend no more. Too dangerous.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Lady Sheridan on Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:59 am

I liked it. I'm less disturbed by Woody and Buzz than what Wall*E did with that hose, but otherwise it was too cute.

The cockroach left tracks in the dust. Such detail!
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:17 am

The Wall-E spot was really cute and hilarious. I didn't know they were going to be doing one! Great surprise.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby Spifftacular SquirrelGirl on Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:24 am

I almost thought for a second that Disney was going to try to set up an extremely early teaser for Toy Story 3. It was a pretty nifty spot and Wall*E is just all sorts of adorable for a robot. Of all the movie related commercials last night it was probably my fave of the bunch.
Spifftacular SquirrelGirl
AIRWOLF

Postby Evil Hobbit on Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:24 am

Great tv spot! Was that really Tom Hanks?
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby so sorry on Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:32 am

Isn't this the second WALL E teaser we've seen that doesn't show one bit of the actual movie? How many of these promo pieces are they going to spend money creating before the get around to showing me something that I'd see in the movie?

Seems kinda pointless to me.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

PreviousNext

Return to Animation