Transformers Animated / Abomination

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Transformers Animated / Abomination

Postby BuckyO'harre on Thu May 10, 2007 3:04 pm

Incase you haven't been following the movie thread...

A new Transformers animated series, known as Transformers: Animated, will debut on the Cartoon Network this fall, just a couple of months after the appearance of the blockbuster live action Transformers movie debuts over the July 4th weekend. The 26-episode Transformers: Animated will be the first North American designed Transformers series since Transformers: Beast Machines, the CGI series that was produced by Canada's Mainframe Entertainment.

Beast Machines co-writer Marty Isenberg is functioning as the editor/chief writer for the new Transformers: Animated series -- something that hardcore Transformers fans will not be too happy about (Isenberg's Beast Machines co-writer Robert Skir once had to cancel a convention appearance due to death threats from irate fans). Matt Youngberg (Teen Titans, The Batman) will be the new series' supervising director while Derrick Wyatt (Teen Titans, Legion of Superheroes) is providing the character designs and Cartoon Network VP Sam Register will produce.

Little is known about the new series except for the fact that it will take place in a future era during which humans and robots both inhabit the Earth. Optimus Prime (supposedly now a fire truck) and Megatron will be featured in the new series, which reportedly features a brand new look for the long-lived Transformers characters.
Last edited by BuckyO'harre on Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you, Zoners, for the kindness, tolerance, and enlightenment you've shared with me. It may not have been deserved, but it was greatly appreciated nonetheless. Soupy twist.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Theta on Thu May 10, 2007 3:07 pm

I think "Reanimated" is more interesting, myself.

ZOMBIE ROBOTS FTW!!!
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Re: Transformers (New 2-d cartoon)

Postby buster00 on Thu May 10, 2007 3:42 pm

BuckyO'harre wrote:
Beast Machines co-writer Marty Isenberg is functioning as the editor/chief writer for the new Transformers: Animated series...

BuckyO'harre wrote:Little is known about the new series except for the fact that it will take place in a future era during which humans and robots both inhabit the Earth. Optimus Prime (supposedly now a fire truck) and Megatron will be featured in the new series, which reportedly features a brand new look for the long-lived Transformers characters.

Goddammit. To think I got my hopes up.

PASS.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby BuckyO'harre on Thu May 10, 2007 3:50 pm

Yeah I'm not nearly as excited as I was when I read the first article.

But hey...

now Optimus can give the UBER-SPANK with his extendo ladder.
Thank you, Zoners, for the kindness, tolerance, and enlightenment you've shared with me. It may not have been deserved, but it was greatly appreciated nonetheless. Soupy twist.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Thu May 10, 2007 3:51 pm

Hopefully it won't use the Japanime format. Something more westernised would be good to see again.

And this isn't the time Optimus has been a fire truck, so it's nothing to get worried about.

"Hardcore" Transformers are also nothing to be concerned with.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby buster00 on Thu May 10, 2007 3:55 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Hopefully it won't use the Japanime format. Something more westernised would be good to see again.

I'm not holding my breath. You saw this part, right?

The Article wrote:Matt Youngberg (Teen Titans, The Batman) will be the new series' supervising director while Derrick Wyatt (Teen Titans, Legion of Superheroes) is providing the character designs...
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: Transformers (New 2-d cartoon)

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Thu May 10, 2007 4:57 pm

BuckyO'harre wrote:(Isenberg's Beast Machines co-writer Robert Skir once had to cancel a convention appearance due to death threats from irate fans).

Of all the things to get into a murderous rage about they picked a Transformers cartoon? Time to reprioritize things a bit.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Transformers (New 2-d cartoon)

Postby bastard_robo on Sun May 13, 2007 1:42 am

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby BuckyO'harre on Sun May 13, 2007 2:36 am

Feeling tired?
Listless?

Not the same bot you were 3 million years ago?

Well HAS Megatron got the cure for you!

such heroic nonsense...
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Transformers (New 2-d cartoon)

Postby bastard_robo on Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:20 pm

The main site has a scoop and first look at the new show.

One word comes to mind.

SHITTACULAR..
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Quiet Storm on Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:35 pm

The continued pussification of all my childhood treasures....
Quiet Storm
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby King Psyz on Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:40 pm

Jesus, it's worse than my worst twisted nightmare vision of what a transformers cartoon should be.

Seriously, one of the glaring mistakes is giving optimus a wider chin giving him a tough guy look when he's always been the stoic, yet reluctant fighter.

Then giving them weird lines and curves. Did they forget that these things are made of metal and don't bend like flesh?

Then not only does it have weird 'McKracken'ish lines to it, Optimus looks all SD'd and like if they made a toy off that image it would fall over from it's severe case of Liefelditis...

EDIT: JESUSROBOCHRIST... How did I miss the FUCKING GOATEE on Optiwus? Fucking hell I have one cause I don't want a full beard and look like the studly white kid from the Cosby show when I am clean shaven. But giving Optimus a early 90's Robo Soul(less) Patch is disgraceful...
Last edited by King Psyz on Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Quiet Storm on Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:42 pm

I blame all this on Bioncle and the inevitable LEGO tie-in.
Quiet Storm
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby King Psyz on Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:45 pm

I blame Quint and Rob Liefeld
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Adam Balm on Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:28 pm

"We've used the basic Transformers and characters as a springboard, but then we're pretty much reimagining the whole thing," said Bob Higgins, senior vp programming and development at Cartoon Network. "What we're doing with it is basically turning it into a superheroes story. We're really excited that we're able to take this decades-old property and hopefully turn it into something that kids haven't seen or expected from a Transformers series before."

I never thought I'd sympathize with hardcore G1 fans but jesus... If they weren't mad enough by the movie, then this seals the deal....
Last edited by Adam Balm on Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:34 pm

That just looks ugly. Phasing out the decepticons? lame.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Zarles on Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:33 am

A FUCKING FIRE TRUCK!?
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:58 am

Word has it that G.I. Joe is getting the same treatment. Instead of fighting C.O.B.R.A. (who are now members of the Internal Revenue Service), they are guidance and marriage counselors.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby BuckyO'harre on Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:12 am

Pardon me for a moment.

*walks outside to scream obscenities at the sky*

*looks at picture again*

Nope.

Still got some more.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:13 am

That photo is too ugly for words.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby buster00 on Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:41 am

Ridiculous. As in, "made to be held up to ridicule."

Nice job there, Bob Higgins, senior VP of programming and development at Cartoon Network.

Stupidest character designs since that oh-so-well-recieved "Fantastic Four" cartoon from last year. What a collosal fuckup.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby BuckyO'harre on Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:47 am

I hope Welker and Cullen stay the hell away from this.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby buster00 on Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:15 am

BuckyO'harre wrote:I hope Welker and Cullen stay the hell away from this.

Fergodsakes, don't even tell them it exists. They're both fragile old men. What, ya wanna give 'em heart attacks?
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:25 am

buster00 wrote:Stupidest character designs since that oh-so-well-recieved "Fantastic Four" cartoon from last year. What a collosal fuckup.

I never thought the new FF cartoon was all that bad. I mean it wasn't ideal, but they were nowhere NEAR as fugly as this shit. I mean this has to be one of the stupidest redesigns I have ever seen. Someone needs to lose their job over this shit...Memflix style.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:32 am

Leckomaniac wrote:
buster00 wrote:Stupidest character designs since that oh-so-well-recieved "Fantastic Four" cartoon from last year. What a collosal fuckup.

I never thought the new FF cartoon was all that bad. I mean it wasn't ideal, but they were nowhere NEAR as fugly as this shit. I mean this has to be one of the stupidest redesigns I have ever seen.

Yeah, Optimus needs to work out his quads more; he's looking a little top-heavy in that pic. Plus everything else that's wrong with it.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:36 am

I love how the military truck is half the size of the fire truck...and yet Optimus looks like a little child compared to...the transformed military truck (Ironhide maybe?). WTF?

So stupid.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:38 am

Leckomaniac wrote:I love how the military truck is half the size of the fire truck...and yet Optimus looks like a little child compared to...the transformed military truck (Ironhide maybe?). WTF?

I don't know about you, but I hope that military truck talks like he's from Yancy Street and likes to eat a lot of food!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby BuckyO'harre on Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:10 am

*repeats to himself*

This is just a new promotion for Esurance.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:49 am

Zarles wrote:A FUCKING FIRE TRUCK!?

We went through this one already. It's not the first time he's been a fire truck.

Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:52 am

So it's not the first time he's looked shit then
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:57 am

Possibly. I guess it depends whether the child playing with the toy what to end being a fireman or a trucker.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonkeyM666 on Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:12 am

Ohhh man those pics above look shitty. I'm not a huge fan of that style of animation. I'll check it out but I imagine something similar to the new ninja turtles cartoon :roll:
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:00 pm

I KNOW!! WHERE THE HELL ARE THE FLAMES!!!1!!
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby godzillasushi on Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:17 pm

Terrible idea. Absolutely terrible. Decepticons are intergral to....well......ANYTHING TRANSFORMERS RELATED.

They should have gone the route of that recent TMNT animated series. Update the animation but keep the storylines similar at least a little bit. At least try to stay faithful somewhat. AT LEAST TRYYYYYYY.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Zarles on Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:05 pm

I couldn't care less if he's been a fire truck before. Why would you reboot a classic series by changing the identity of one of the main characters? Especially right after an enormous summer movie comes out where said character is NOT a fire truck. Bad, bad, bad idea.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:11 pm

Zarles wrote:I couldn't care less if he's been a fire truck before. Why would you reboot a classic series by changing the identity of one of the main characters? Especially right after an enormous summer movie comes out where said character is NOT a fire truck. Bad, bad, bad idea.

Uh you mean like The Batman? No coincidence that the guy in charge of designs for The Batman is in charge of this as well.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Zarles on Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:25 pm

I don't know what The Batman is. I know who Batman is, but the addition of The confuses me.

:: beats on rock with a stick ::
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:33 pm

Zarles wrote:I don't know what The Batman is. I know who Batman is, but the addition of The confuses me.

:: beats on rock with a stick ::

It a new animated Batman series that started a few years ago. In my opinion it's awful and gets everything wrong that the recent Bruce Timm lead series (Btas, Superman, Justice League JLU etc) got right.

Wiki INfo
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Psyz on Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:06 pm

Like I said this is like somone's sick idea of bad anime with Liefeld character designs.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Zarles on Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:17 pm

Never seen it, Kaga, but imagine if Batman starting riding around in an ice-cream truck instead of the Batmobile. That's how I feel about this whole ridiculous fire truck thing.

When someone mentions Optimus Prime, what do you think of? A tractor-trailer. That's all I'm saying.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:26 pm

Zarles wrote:Never seen it, Kaga, but imagine if Batman starting riding around in an ice-cream truck instead of the Batmobile. That's how I feel about this whole ridiculous fire truck thing.

When someone mentions Optimus Prime, what do you think of? A tractor-trailer. That's all I'm saying.

I'm less concerned with that since he's been a fire truck and a gorilla and a pickup truck etc.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:37 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:

I KNOW!! WHERE THE HELL ARE THE FLAMES!!!1!!

IPAMPILASH!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Zarles on Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:07 pm

Well, shit, if he was a gorilla in this, I wouldn't be making a peep.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:49 pm

He's been a truck, a fire-engine, an robot jet thing, and I think some kind of oil tanker.

But you're fine with a gorilla?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Garbage Man on Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:50 pm

I for one am glad they're going to have the Autobots fight evil humans more than the Decepticons. Cashing in on the superhero craze is a brilliant way of hedging their bets with such a dicey, unproven property like the Transformers. I mean, it's not like they've got decades of popularity, soon to be two hit movies under their belts, and a built-in fanbase to support the show.

And hey, the whole superhero thing worked wonders for the Looney Toons, right?
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby Adam Balm on Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:50 pm

Fried Gold wrote:He's been a truck, a fire-engine, an robot jet thing, and I think some kind of oil tanker.

But you're fine with a gorilla?

Yes, but the gorilla can't have lips. Those are the rules.
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:59 pm

Not in this incarnation.

I don't really care that much, but it would be neat if they made something more like JLU, which I would actually watch.

Oh well...
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:47 pm

ohferfuxsake.

I just saw the story on the main page.

How is it POSSIBLE for them to CONTINUALLY fuck this up?

It's giant...robots...it should be hard to fuck this up.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby unikrunk on Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:50 am

@Voldy - no kidding. did you see the 'animation' still? Dude, it looks like something Maddox would have ripped in half when he was still relevant.

"Ring Ring, here comes the Shit-mobile. Is this supposed to be a fire truck? I have never seen a truck that needs a haircut. Final grade - F."
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Gheorghe Zamfir on Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:05 am

I don't really get the re-imagining as a superhero story? What were they before? Or does that mean they're just getting rid of the Cybertron backstory and creating some origin story for them (fire truck hit by meteor and given super powers...).

Hrm.
Gheorghe Zamfir
REAL DRAGON

Next

Return to Animation