TINTIN movie encourages underage drinking

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Postby doglips on Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:00 pm

I don't like James Nesbitt either.

Tintin himself is a lightweight or the stories? You don't get better kid's adventure stories than Tintin.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby papalazeru on Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:06 pm

I'm not watching this unless the 'locals' have a bone through their noses.

Then I'm going to protest the whole film with banners saying, 'Racists'.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby DaleTremont on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:03 pm

Main page has the scoop on who's playing TinTin!

Love Actually kid!

Not the worst idea I've ever heard. Actually I think that's a pretty solid choice. This Thomas Sangster kid seems generally so gosh darn likeable though, whereas for me TinTin could be a bit of a petulant bastard.
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:25 pm

Big no from me. Feels bad so far.

Spielberg packin' them in before he pops his clogs or something? Guy's clocking the movie mileage almost as fast as Takashi Miike.

... I said "almost". :wink:
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DaleTremont on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:35 pm

AtomicHyperbole wrote:Big no from me. Feels bad so far.

Spielberg packin' them in before he pops his clogs or something? Guy's clocking the movie mileage almost as fast as Takashi Miike.

At least Spielberg hasn't done a TV series whose entire raison d'etre is to pimp out a cellphone....like so

Well, not yet anyway :wink:
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby Seppuku on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:43 pm

DaleTremont wrote:
AtomicHyperbole wrote: Big no from me. Feels bad so far.

At least Spielberg hasn't done a TV series whose entire raison d'etre is to pimp out a cellphone....like so

Well, not yet anyway :wink:

British Telecom once had an ad campaign which lasted about two years based around the quote, "ET PHONE HOME." It got old. Fast.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Peven on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:46 pm

DaleTremont wrote:Main page has the scoop on who's playing TinTin!

Love Actually kid!

Not the worst idea I've ever heard. Actually I think that's a pretty solid choice. This Thomas Sangster kid seems generally so gosh darn likeable though, whereas for me TinTin could be a bit of a petulant bastard.

you should check out the kid's work in "Nanny McFee"...

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:19 pm

Holy shit that is one weird looking kid. I don' think I can stare at that mug for an hour and a half without getting sick. I was also hoping to get a more mature looking kid. Tintin fights a lot of old grizzled sailors and yetis in the comics, and I just don't think this kid could cut it.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby DaleTremont on Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:26 pm

Retardo_Montalban wrote:Holy shit that is one weird looking kid. I don' think I can stare at that mug for an hour and a half without getting sick. I was also hoping to get a more mature looking kid. Tintin fights a lot of old grizzled sailors and yetis in the comics, and I just don't think this kid could cut it.

Yeah but if memory serves, TinTin's triumphs were usually a combination of mystery-solving ingenuity and a bit of luck, or maybe providence. He can sneak in the occasional bonk on the head but he's not meant to be that hardy, physically. I think it fits. At this point I'm just relieved it's not Shia LaBoeuf.
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:28 pm

He was alright in Doctor Who (as a somewhat weird and psychic schoolboy in one that series' better episodes)....and it's not a great leap to imagine him as Tintin.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:12 pm

In every Tintin comic I read, the dude spends a lot of time chasing people and running from guerrillas. The Tintin in my mind was an adventurer and would have the build and look of an adolescent who would spend a lot of his time running around, climbing mountains and kicking ass. That kid has a freak face. It's like someone decapitated a ten year old and sewed him onto an 18 year old girl's body. It looks like he has a heroin problem or something.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby minstrel on Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:41 pm

Retardo_Montalban wrote:That kid has a freak face. It's like someone decapitated a ten year old and sewed him onto an 18 year old girl's body. It looks like he has a heroin problem or something.

Rehab is available, Retardo. Check into it.

:wink:
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby Al Shut on Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:23 am

DaleTremont wrote:
Retardo_Montalban wrote:Holy shit that is one weird looking kid. I don' think I can stare at that mug for an hour and a half without getting sick. I was also hoping to get a more mature looking kid. Tintin fights a lot of old grizzled sailors and yetis in the comics, and I just don't think this kid could cut it.

Yeah but if memory serves, TinTin's triumphs were usually a combination of mystery-solving ingenuity and a bit of luck, or maybe providence. He can sneak in the occasional bonk on the head but he's not meant to be that hardy, physically. I think it fits. At this point I'm just relieved it's not Shia LaBoeuf.

Tin Tin may not look like it but he kicks ass on a regular basis, wrestles a tiger or is able to knock out -3 opponents alone. I'll restrain my disaprovement until this is official but be assured it's there.
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Peven on Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:31 am

i am pretty sure the pic they are showing of the kid is a few years old. he looks about as old he he did in Nanny McFee and that movie was made several years ago. at that age a kid can really grow and change a lot in just a few years.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Evil Hobbit on Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:13 pm

And don't forget this is going to be mocap right? So they probably tweak him good enough to make him fit the image. I'm still thrilled for this, Tintin is amongst my favorite, if not my favorite, comics. I love it.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:23 pm

I missed the bit about this being mocap. This is now good news. Hopefully the cgi characters will look like the comic and not the actors. I'm still wondering how they're going to get Snowy's thoughts into this. Maybe he will be the narrator.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:43 pm

I'll be honest. When I heard of this announcement, I didn't have a clue what Tintin was. So, until I see some kickass trailer or something, I won't be seeing this. And that's a shame, considering the talent involved.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Al Shut on Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:51 pm

You could read one of the comics.
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:58 am

Al_Shut wrote:
Nachokoolaid wrote:I'll be honest. When I heard of this announcement, I didn't have a clue what Tintin was. So, until I see some kickass trailer or something, I won't be seeing this. And that's a shame, considering the talent involved.

Yes, paisan... it's a like a the Nacho, he's a the laziest of a the putzes, no? "Bring a me a the trailer (claps hands) anna some a wine, eh? Anna one of a you putzes, you fan a me too, eh? It's a getting hot inna here..."
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Re: Spielberg and Jackson to Direct Tintin!

Postby Al Shut on Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:57 am

There was a recent update/information repeat on the main page

INteresting because I did miss the info the first time

In case you missed the news the first time around, Spielberg's entry will be written by Steven Moffat (who's won three Hugo Awards for his work on the new DOCTOR WHO); he'll be combining the narratives of "The Secret of the Unicorn" and "Red Rackham's Treasure".

My memory of Rackham's Treasure is kind of blurry because I never owned the comic but in gernal I think it's a good choice.

Drunken Pirate flashback FTW!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Re: Spielberg and Jackson to Direct Tintin!

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:33 am

Stephen Moffat was originally signed on to write all three of the potential trilogy of films. He's now only writing the first one, as he later backed out in order to showrun Doctor Who.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re:

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:50 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:
Al_Shut wrote:
Nachokoolaid wrote:I'll be honest. When I heard of this announcement, I didn't have a clue what Tintin was. So, until I see some kickass trailer or something, I won't be seeing this. And that's a shame, considering the talent involved.

Yes, paisan... it's a like a the Nacho, he's a the laziest of a the putzes, no? "Bring a me a the trailer (claps hands) anna some a wine, eh? Anna one of a you putzes, you fan a me too, eh? It's a getting hot inna here..."

HA HA! I haven't been back to this thread since my last post, so I never saw this. Funny. I didn't mean to come off like an asshole, but I just don't have much time for much stuff, so when I was saying I wanted the trailer and all, it wasn't that I wouldn't give the comic a chance, but then if I liked it, I'd have to get into it, and I don't have time for that. So a quick movie will suffice. Like I said though, I need to see something cool to pique my interest.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Re: Spielberg & Jackson's TINTIN (Now w/ No Studio/New Studio!)

Postby BuckyO'harre on Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:06 pm

TimesOnline-UK has a story about Simon Pegg, and part of it deals with a recent meeting he had with Spielberg.

So he trots over to the motion-capture set for the ET director’s latest project - the first in a trilogy of Tintin movies. Motion-capture sets are bizarre, empty places. The event has been shot and is held in a computerised camera, which allows the director to swoop around the scene. As a result, there is only a computer guy and Spielberg sitting there.

“Steven’s smoking a stogy, cap on head, like he’s always been since I was a baby,” Pegg says, shaking his head in wonder. “I shook his hand and chatted about films. He gave me the mo-cap [motion-capture] camera, and I had a play around with it. Then he said, ‘Hey, maybe you and Nick Frost could play the Thompson Twins.’ In Tintin. A Spielberg movie. To work with him is beyond .. . ” He trails off, lost for words.

Frankly,I can't see it.

:oops:
Had to be done.
Thank you, Zoners, for the kindness, tolerance, and enlightenment you've shared with me. It may not have been deserved, but it was greatly appreciated nonetheless. Soupy twist.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: Spielberg & Jackson's shittily unoriginal TINTIN movie idea

Postby Spandau Belly on Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:07 pm

Okay, I read that this Tin Tin movie has fallen through because Spielburg's vision was just too big and costly and nobody believed it would turn a profit.

I think this is probably for the best. I think the only way to make it work would be if they went for the same dinky tone as Speed Racer. But that movie lost all sorts of money, so it's hard to imagine anybody in Hollywood advocating imitating it.

Maybe they'll go back to the drawing board and come up with something more scaled back, but I hope they just leave it rest.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Al Shut on Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:48 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:Okay, I read that this Tin Tin movie has fallen through because Spielburg's vision was just too big and costly and nobody believed it would turn a profit.

I think this is probably for the best. I think the only way to make it work would be if they went for the same dinky tone as Speed Racer. But that movie lost all sorts of money, so it's hard to imagine anybody in Hollywood advocating imitating it.

Maybe they'll go back to the drawing board and come up with something more scaled back, but I hope they just leave it rest.

WRONg!!!!!
:evil: I want my Tintin movie

If Spielberg would post his banking information here I'd send him my 7€ ticket money right now. I'd also be willing to finance 0,0001% of the movie.

And who hell changed the thread title? I'm surrounded by heathens and heretics.
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Ribbons on Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:20 pm

Al Shut wrote:And who hell changed the thread title?

That would be our resident anarchist, KIRKS! You can't hide from us, boy!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Evil Hobbit on Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:34 pm

TinTin, my favorite childhood comic book (right there with Asterix and Uncle Scrooge). My favorite childhood director Spielberg. My favorite after childhood/teenager director Jackson. This project is geek heaven to me. Used to watch the Tin Tin cartoon as well. I LOVED that show so much, one of the few shows that I watched in the Dutch dub, and it was brilliant. TinTin spoke with a Belgian accent. It was great. Like Timon and Pumba from the Lion King, they are more funny for us Dutchies in the dub because they speak with Belgian accents. I'm not really sure how I ended up telling all this. Oh well, TinTin rules and this project needs funding right now!

Spielberg & Jackson's awesomely zonerific asskicking TINTIN movie idea!
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:36 am

To tell you the truth, I don't need a Tintin movie. At least not made within the current studio system. The comic and cartoon is enough for me.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby BuckyO'harre on Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:34 am

Update from comingsoon.net

Q: When are we going to get our first look at "Tintin"?

Kathleen Kennedy: We're shooting all the capture beginning in February.

Q: Is it still planned for three movies?

Kennedy: Yes.

Q: Do you have a director for the third one?

Kennedy: It'll be Peter [Jackson] or Steven [Spielberg]. They're going to do all of them
Thank you, Zoners, for the kindness, tolerance, and enlightenment you've shared with me. It may not have been deserved, but it was greatly appreciated nonetheless. Soupy twist.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby BuckyO'harre on Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:49 pm

Cast, Screenwriters and Full Title Revealed for Spielberg’s ‘Tintin’

Paramount Pictures and Sony Pictures Entertainment issued a press release today announcing the start of principal production in Los Angeles on the 3D Motion Capture Film The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn which will be directed by Steven Spielberg and will star Jamie Bell as Tintin, the intrepid young reporter whose relentless pursuit of a good story thrusts him into a world of high adventure, and Daniel Craig as the nefarious Red Rackham.

Bell and Craig are joined by an international cast that includes Andy Serkis, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Gad Elmaleh, Toby Jones and Mackenzie Crook.

Perhaps the more interesting part of the story for the fanboys that seem to be gushing over this picture is that the film was written by Steven Moffat (”Doctor Who”), Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead) and Joe Cornish penned the screenplay.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:09 pm

Oh snap! They kept that one under their bonnets (is that an actual phrase?), didn't they?

Anyway, that's a pretty cool cast.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:08 pm

Main site: You Are Now Officially Excited For TINTIN!

Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish are now credited as screenwriters along with DOCTOR WHO's Steven Moffat.

They certainly did keep that one under wraps. I think most people assumed it was Ant Man that Joe Cornish had been working on.

A film directed by Steven Spielberg, written by those three...seems almost too unbelieveable.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Jamie Bell & Daniel Craig

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:00 am

Fried Gold wrote:Main site: You Are Now Officially Excited For TINTIN!

Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish are now credited as screenwriters along with DOCTOR WHO's Steven Moffat.

They certainly did keep that one under wraps. I think most people assumed it was Ant Man that Joe Cornish had been working on.

A film directed by Steven Spielberg, written by those three...seems almost too unbelieveable.

From Variety: Bell, Craig to star in 'Tintin'

TATIANA SIEGE wrote:Steven Spielberg has set his cast for "The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn," the first installment in the 3-D motion-capture trilogy that Paramount Pictures and Sony Pictures Entertainment are co-financing.

"Billy Elliot" thesp Jamie Bell will star as the titular character, an intrepid young reporter whose relentless pursuit of a good story thrusts him into a world of high adventure. Daniel Craig will co-star as the nefarious Red Rackham.

Film, which has been cloaked in secrecy during pre-production, has begun principal production in Los Angeles. It is set for release in 2011.

Andy Serkis, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost have already boarded the project. Gad Elmaleh, Toby Jones and Mackenzie Crook will round out the cast.

Spielberg, Peter Jackson and Kathleen Kennedy are producing the film, which is based on the iconic character created by Georges Remi, also known by his pen name, Herge. Nick Rodwell, Stephane Sperry and Ken Kamins exec produce.

Paramount will release domestically, in all English-speaking territories and in Asia, excluding India. Sony Pictures Releasing Intl. will distribute in continental Europe, Eastern Europe, Latin America, India and the rest of the world.

Steven Moffat, Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish wrote the screenplay.

Jackson is attached to direct the second feature in the series.
Last edited by TheButcher on Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Principal photography begins on 3-D Spielberg pic

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:01 am

From THR.com: Anchors aweigh for 'Tintin'

Jay A. Fernandez and Borys Kit wrote:"Tintin" is on the move.

On Monday, Paramount Pictures and Sony Pictures Entertainment began principal photography on their Steven Spielberg-directed motion-capture 3-D feature "The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn." Jamie Bell has been cast as the title character, a globe-trotting young reporter, and Daniel Craig will play the villain, Red Rackham. Bell and Craig recently co-starred in "Defiance."

The 2011 feature -- the first of two, possibly three, planned installments -- is being produced by Spielberg, Kathleen Kennedy and Peter Jackson, who will direct the sequel. Jackson's Weta Digital effects house developed the performance-capture technology the directors will use.

Andy Serkis, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Gad Elmaleh, Toby Jones and Mackenzie Crook round out the voice cast. Nick Rodwell, Stephane Sperry and Ken Kamins are exec producing.

The screenplay, written by Steven Moffat, Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish, is based on the character created in 1929 by Herge (the pen name of Georges Remi). Tintin's adventures played out through two dozen books.

The original "Unicorn" book is the first of a two-part tale involving pirate treasure. It focuses on Captain Haddock's ancestor, Sir Francis Haddock, and his fight against the nefarious seaman Rackham. The follow-up was "Red Rackham's Treasure."

"Unicorn" featured two gun-toting siblings known as the Bird Brothers and a butler named Nestor. But new characters have been created for Spielberg's film to flesh out Tintin's world; they include a rival reporter, a bellowing editor and an American Interpol inspector.

Serkis, well known for having embodied Gollum in Jackson's "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy, is playing both Haddocks. Pegg and Frost are playing Inspectors Thompson and Thomson, respectively. Elmaleh is playing Ben Salaad and Jones is playing a character named Silk.

The "Tintin" film project has been in the works for decades. Spielberg first optioned the material in 1983, and he and Jackson spent much of 2008 running animation tests and developing the script, which Paramount and Universal originally were going to co-produce.

When Universal, which is now in place to distribute the new independent DreamWorks' films, declined to provide its half of the proposed $130 million budget back in September, Paramount offered to fund the entire production. As Spielberg's DreamWorks was at that moment extricating itself from the Melrose studio, the director eventually sought out Sony as a new financial partner.

As a result, Paramount will release the film domestically and in all English-speaking territories and Asia, excluding India. Sony Pictures Releasing International will distribute the film in continental Europe, Eastern Europe, Latin America, India and the rest of the world.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby judderman on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:26 am

Is it possible to get any Tintin love on this site? I mean hell, I'd understand if it was Asterix and Obelix but I thought Amercans loved Tintin. Everyone was reading it when I was a kid, but the talkbackers seem to revel in ripping him a new one.
judderman
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Ribbons on Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:45 am

Yeah, I don't really get it. Although as an American I can tell you that not a lot of people over here even know who Tintin is
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Al Shut on Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:48 am

judderman wrote:Is it possible to get any Tintin love on this site? I mean hell, I'd understand if it was Asterix and Obelix but I thought Amercans loved Tintin. Everyone was reading it when I was a kid, but the talkbackers seem to revel in ripping him a new one.

What? No ove for Asterix?
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Evil Hobbit on Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:18 pm

I love Asterix even more then TinTin. The comics are so funny, the humor resembles Bone.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby judderman on Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:12 pm

Don't get me wrong; I love Asterix too, but I would understand why Americans wouldn't get it, since Roman history isn't big in US third grade classrooms.
judderman
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Re:

Postby Al Shut on Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:31 am

Seeing the top of this page made me reread the previous one

doglips wrote:Not sure about Moffat being announced as the writer for these movies. I haven't seen any of the new Jekyll series and am not intending to ( anyone watched it? ). Any zoners shed some light on his work for Dr Who? He also wrote Coupling, which was ( IMO ) terrible - so actually, count me worried.

Fried Gold wrote:His Doctor Who episodes are generally regarded as the better ones - darker, more atmospheric, more intelligent.

But I thought Jekyll was dull as dishwater.

Dull as dishwater, if someone took a dump in the kitchen sink. To be fair I didn't bother after two and a half episodes so there might have been an miraculous increase in quality.
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby RogueScribner on Fri May 29, 2009 11:25 am

From the mother site:

Spielberg's TINTIN gets a release date!

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. In a weird, but not surprising, move Steven Spielberg's motion capture trilogy kick-off THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN: THE SECRET OF THE UNICORN will be released in the US December 23rd, 2011, two months after it sees international release.

According to Variety's Tatiana Siegel the pic is scheduled to hit international screens in October or November 2011. Like most ignorant Americans I only know TINTIN's face, never having dug up the Merge comics as a kid. So, it doesn't surprise me they're hitting up International first as TINTIN is a much bigger deal everywhere outside America.

The other bit of new in the article is that they confirmed a 3-D release for the flick. After having seen the CHRISTMAS CAROL Cannes reel, I think performance capture animation in 3-D is pretty damn wicked and can't wait to see one from the combined imaginations of Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson.

--- Quint
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Nachokoolaid on Fri May 29, 2009 3:02 pm

I heard this opens on the same day as some PIXAR movie. Any guesses which one will open better in the states? Pixar doesn't lose.

It would take some breathtaking promotion on Spielberg and PJ's parts to turn that around.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:46 am

Tintin is finished.

...but it's going to take another two years to do the effects.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheButcher on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:22 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri May 21, 2010 9:04 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Spielberg & Jackson's shittily unoriginal TINTIN movie i

Postby TheButcher on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:07 am

EMPIRE Exclusive: First Full Tintin Pictures
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:49 am

Ack! It's a freaky looking cartoon boy thing! I do love me some Snowy though...
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Spandau Belly on Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:46 pm

Mille sabords! Yeah, I found the human faces creepy. It's all in that Zemekis uncanny valley that is just uncomfortable to look at.

I would've rather they had gone with a THE INCREDIBLES look, more cartoonish.

Tin Tin is actually one of the few comic books I read growing up. But I have very little interest in this. Maybe a renter at some point.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Ribbons on Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:17 pm

On the other hand, a 3D rendering of Tintin's soulless, black Coraline-button eyes might be pretty disturbing as well. It's pretty much a lose-lose situation when it comes to making the guy look not-creepy.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:40 pm

Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

PreviousNext

Return to Animation