Family Guy/Cleveland Show/American Dad

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Postby Fievel on Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:54 pm

Maui wrote:I fear this recent post of Fievel's will only separate the Family Guy fans vs the non Family Guy fans. Maybe not....

:shock: :shock: :shock:

It shouldn't. I think it's just common sense that says that the DVD's been out for 5 years now and it's been 4 years since it first aired on Cartoon Network.

What ground this company's gears all this time later? The fact that Family Guy is a profitable franchise?! Tell them to call Carol Burnett and ask how easy it is to sue these guys over parody.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Ribbons on Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:10 pm

Fievel wrote:
Maui wrote:I fear this recent post of Fievel's will only separate the Family Guy fans vs the non Family Guy fans. Maybe not....

:shock: :shock: :shock:

It shouldn't. I think it's just common sense that says that the DVD's been out for 5 years now and it's been 4 years since it first aired on Cartoon Network.

What ground this company's gears all this time later? The fact that Family Guy is a profitable franchise?! Tell them to call Carol Burnett and ask how easy it is to sue these guys over parody.

Yeah, even the people who don't dig the comedic stylings of "Family Guy" can probably get behind the freedom to appropriate a song in the name of satire.

The funny thing is that I don't think the song was even used in that episode; the only thing bearing any resemblence to it is the title. The music is in the same meter, I guess.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:44 pm

Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:50 pm

Fried Gold wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLL5veqdweg

....er....yeah.

Oh my god.
Oh my god!
OH MY GOD!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too frickin' funny!!!
I can see why it was deleted.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:08 pm

The quality on this sucks, and if it was posted before I apologize..

Peter Griffin's Top 10
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby godzillasushi on Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:36 am

Yahoo wrote:LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Fox is producing fresh episodes of its animated comedy "Family Guy" without the participation of its striking creator Seth MacFarlane, who does many of the main voices, sources said.

The last episode completed before the Writers Guild of America strike began November 5 aired Sunday. Fox and sibling studio 20th Century Fox TV had the choice of going into reruns or continuing the show without MacFarlane, whose outspoken defiance of his employers has made him a cause celebre for striking writers.

After a large writers rally outside the Fox lot on Friday, where he was one of the speakers, MacFarlane said the studio could proceed without him, though he hoped it would not.

20th TV had no comment on the matter Tuesday but confirmed that it remains in production on new episodes. The first episode finished without MacFarlane's blessing has been delivered to Fox. Sources said it is one of three very close to completion, with others in various stages of production.

In addition to executive-producing the show, MacFarlane voices the characters of Peter, Brian and Stewis Griffin, the male members of the hapless Rhode Island family at the core of the domestic satire.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071114/tv_nm/family_dc;_ylt=AqDxtGwkLTHsw.H.HwzgyN5xFb8C

Manatees on strike!

I don't care for this show very often but I still think the voicework is great. I wonder why....
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:39 am

Oh man Seth is going to be PISSED.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:42 am

And, how can they move forward when 3 of the most popular characters of the show are voiced by one guy who isn't there. Only Fox....seriously.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bob Samonkey on Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:29 pm

godzillasushi wrote:
Yahoo wrote:In addition to executive-producing the show, MacFarlane voices the characters of Peter, Brian and Stewis Griffin, the male members of the hapless Rhode Island family at the core of the domestic satire.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071114/tv_nm/family_dc;_ylt=AqDxtGwkLTHsw.H.HwzgyN5xFb8C

I miss Stewis...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby so sorry on Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:57 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:
godzillasushi wrote:
Yahoo wrote:In addition to executive-producing the show, MacFarlane voices the characters of Peter, Brian and Stewis Griffin, the male members of the hapless Rhode Island family at the core of the domestic satire.

I miss Stewis...

IPAMP!

Fucking twats...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:00 pm

so sorry wrote:Fucking twats...

Both the media AND FOX if they air that episode.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby godzillasushi on Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:02 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:
godzillasushi wrote:

I miss Stewis...

:twisted:

How dare you spell-check writers at a time like this....MANATEES ARE STRIKING!
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:19 pm

I saw a new episode on Fox a couple of weeks ago. I maintain my position that the writer's strike is a good thing.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby buster00 on Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:43 pm

I haven't had the channel tuned to Fox since Sunday night. Someone tell me: Is that "Jafar at the Optometrist" gag still on?
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:06 pm

buster00 wrote:I haven't had the channel tuned to Fox since Sunday night. Someone tell me: Is that "Jafar at the Optometrist" gag still on?

That was great.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby buster00 on Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:19 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:
buster00 wrote:I haven't had the channel tuned to Fox since Sunday night. Someone tell me: Is that "Jafar at the Optometrist" gag still on?

That was great.

It was good for a laugh, but I've had actual optometrist appointments that didn't last as long as that bit did.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:22 am

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby buster00 on Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:49 am

Now THAT was funny!
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bob Samonkey on Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:22 am

Also here is The Life of Larry. Lotta Family Guy jokes in there
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:12 pm

buster00 wrote:
Chairman Kaga wrote:

That was great.

It was good for a laugh, but I've had actual optometrist appointments that didn't last as long as that bit did.

Then you must not be as visually impaired as myself or others. Nothing terrified me more as a kid than the fear I would screw up my glasses prescription by not noticing a differences in the lenses.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby LaDracul on Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:57 pm

Hold onto your hats...or if you don't have one, then get one and hold the f--k onto it...

Seth MacFarlane recently told TV Guide that next season will have an episode that parodies "The Empire Strikes Back".

Any guesses on who will be Yoda?
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:46 pm

Hold on to your hat...

...as we travel back in time to the world of three months ago.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: The Official Family Guy Thread (now w/ Star Wars!!)

Postby Nachokoolaid on Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:42 pm

bluebottle wrote:
Keepcoolbutcare wrote:
Sure, The Simpsons have riffed on most every iconic movie/TV/{insert media here} pop-cultural phenomena, but it also felt like the writers (and animators, 'cuz I don't see any of you defending the "look" of Family Guy, 'cuz, really, it's atrocious) have lived a little, have done stuff with their lives far more significant than just absorbing pop-culture.

Right, there's a difference between using a pop-culture reference to say something, or to make a point - and using it as some sort of random element thrown into a scene for a quick gag. The thing about Family Guy is McFarlane doesn't exactly have a point. It's just a bunch of references and jokes. He doesn't say anything about the world.

Which is fine, there's nothing wrong with liking fast food entertainment.

Hell, look at all the people who love Dane Cook. They can't convince me to like him, and I can't convince them not to, but it's fascinating trying to figure out why they like him and I don't.

So your saying Family Guy doesn't have something to say? What about scathing comments like these:

Dennis Miller: I don't wanna go on a RANT here but America's foreign policy makes about as much sense as Beowolf having sex with Robert Fulton at the first Battle of Antetum. I mean when a neo-conservative defenstrates it's like Raskalnakov filibuster dioxymonohydrostinate.
Peter: What the hell does RANT mean?

Peter: You may have killed her when you shoved all those dollar bills down her throat, you may have killed her when you hit her with the stool ... I don't know, I'm not a doctor. But I'll tell you what didn't kill her ... smoking!

And at the end of that same episode on smoking...

Peter: Hi, I'm Peter Griffin. We've had a lot of laughs tonight. But I'll tell you what's not funny-killing strippers. Strippers are people, too. Naked people, who may be willing to pleasure you for a price you negotiate later behind the curtain of a VIP room. Besides, there's no need to kill them. Because most of them are already dead inside. Good night, everyone.

Great stuff. I love Family Guy.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Fievel on Mon May 05, 2008 10:56 am

Seth MacFarlane - $100 Million Man.

Family Guy through 2012.
There's a lot of FG hate on this board, and that's fine.
But it's my kind of humor and this news makes me happy.

Besides, now we'll likely get parodies of all 6 Star Wars films now.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Chairman Kaga on Mon May 05, 2008 3:21 pm

Alot of TBers were complaining about that amount of money but as a showrunner, writer and actor on three separate concurrently running series (with the upcoming Cleveland FG spinoff) for a five year contract it works out.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon May 05, 2008 3:25 pm

Good news to me. I really enjoy this show.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Fried Gold on Mon May 05, 2008 4:35 pm

Fievel wrote:There's a lot of FG hate on this board, and that's fine.

Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Mon May 05, 2008 4:41 pm

What a turnaround for MacFarlane, eh? First Fox cancels his show, now they're dependent on him for over half their animation. I'm not a big fan of the newer episodes of Family Guy, but it's got to be great to be him right now.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Mon May 05, 2008 4:44 pm

Ah yes, the eternal Family Guy - Funny or Not debate... seems to show up at least once a year here in teh Zone.

And I always cast my vote towards the "funny" side

Good for McFarlane. Although american dad is pure shit, and this Cleveland spin-off sounds totally ALF too...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fried Gold on Tue May 06, 2008 3:58 pm

Ribbons wrote:What a turnaround for MacFarlane, eh? First Fox cancels his show, now they're dependent on him for over half their animation. I'm not a big fan of the newer episodes of Family Guy, but it's got to be great to be him right now.

Dependent on him for decent DVD sales...
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Tue May 06, 2008 4:00 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
Ribbons wrote:What a turnaround for MacFarlane, eh? First Fox cancels his show, now they're dependent on him for over half their animation. I'm not a big fan of the newer episodes of Family Guy, but it's got to be great to be him right now.

Dependent on him for decent DVD sales...

if i were Seth i would send over a nice bouquet to Matt and Trey with a card that says "EAT MY ASS!" :lol:

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby buster00 on Tue May 06, 2008 4:38 pm

This thread reminds me of the time I went kimono shopping with Hong Kong Phooey.

There you go. A Family Guy gag. Can I have $100 million dollars too?
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Tue May 06, 2008 4:45 pm

you know, people who play World of Warcraft are pathetic losers....

..guess i can write for South Park.......

Peven
Is This Real Life?

The Official Family Guy Thread (now w/ Star Wars!!)

Postby bastard_robo on Thu May 15, 2008 10:56 pm

First Image from THE CLEVELAND SHOW

BEARS! FUCKING BEARS!

Im sold..
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Bloo on Thu May 15, 2008 11:03 pm

you know I look at that picture and my first thought was, they are doing a FG/AD same theme, 3 kids (FG) a pretty girl (AD) a studly son (FG), a funy headed little boy (FG) but then I saw the confused loos on the white neighbors faces and the bears...you know what I'll check it out just for the bears
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Maui on Thu May 15, 2008 11:40 pm

bastard_robo wrote:First Image from THE CLEVELAND SHOW

BEARS! FUCKING BEARS!

Im sold..

Hmmm, could be funny. I'm liking the bears as well.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Bloo on Thu May 15, 2008 11:47 pm

if everyone likes the bears does that mean they'll get their own show as well..the mind boggles at the possibilities
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Maui on Thu May 15, 2008 11:48 pm

Bloo wrote:if everyone likes the bears does that mean they'll get their own show as well..the mind boggles at the possibilities

Depends on how funny they are.

BTW, Adult Swim, Sunday night...back to back Robot chicken Star Wars and Family Guy Star Wars.

For those of you kids interested.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Fried Gold on Fri May 16, 2008 7:09 am

BEARS! FUCKING BEARS!

Im sold..

There's a reason the Simpsons only ever did one episode of the Spinoff Showcase.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Fri May 16, 2008 7:16 am

i am surprised there has not been any variations on the "does a bear shit in the woods...." cracks yet......

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Fri May 16, 2008 8:23 am

sweet merciful crap that looks stupid.

I'll be there opening night... :oops:
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sat May 17, 2008 1:10 am

BEARS! FUCKING BEARS!

Im sold..

I just dont get it. Course I just like Fam Guy. I am not a American Dad fan. I just cannot see this lasting...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby RogueScribner on Sat May 17, 2008 1:33 am

I wonder how many times Cleveland will say, "Remember that time when Peter . . ." and they cut to a Family Guy clip? And you thought FG was clippy before!!!
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Fievel on Sat May 17, 2008 2:27 am

So I'm assuming that Cleveland leaves Family Guy and marries some lady that already has 3 kids?

Da Bears!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Worst Part's Almost Over on Mon May 26, 2008 5:33 pm

Just watched the latest FG episode 'Long John Peter' - now THAT'S more like it!! Quite a few episodes this season that I've not been overly keen on but this was just fucking brilliant :D

"Aha!!"
Worst Part's Almost Over
AIRWOLF

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon May 26, 2008 5:49 pm

Macfarlane can do no wrong in my opinion. I love Family Guy and this show looks entertaining enough. I'd like to see Quagmire on there a bit, but I'm not sure of the angle this show is taking. I'll still probably tune in or DVR it.

And does anyone else find it weird that Seth Macfarlane is voicing a character in Hellboy 2? Seems weird to me. Maybe he's a big fan or something.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby papalazeru on Mon May 26, 2008 5:53 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote: I'd like to see Quagmire on there a bit, but I'm not sure of the angle this show is taking. I'll still probably tune in or DVR it.

Quagmire always has me in hysterics.

I loved the ep where he stays at Peters and while Meg's asleep you see a toe reach all the way to her mouth...and you just hear the 'Gig...gig.'. Genius!
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby buster00 on Mon May 26, 2008 5:55 pm

Peven wrote:i am surprised there has not been any variations on the "does a bear shit in the woods...." cracks yet......

I will bet you $100,000 that gag comes up within the first three episodes.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: Family Guy

Postby Brocktune on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:41 pm

ok, so i added a poll. so now we can see, without arguing, the percentage of zoners that love the guy, and the percentage that hates the guy.

vote away please!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: Family Guy

Postby Bob Samonkey on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:44 pm

Brocktune wrote:ok, so i added a poll. so now we can see, without arguing, the percentage of zoners that love the guy, and the percentage that hates the guy.

vote away please!

Where is the "i could take it or leave it" choice?
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

PreviousNext

Return to Animation