Justice League: New Frontier DTV

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Any good?

s'alright
63%
s'okay
25%
s'meh
13%

Total votes : 8

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:03 am

The next new "DC Animated" release after "Superman: Doomsday" is an adaptation of Darwin Cooke's DC: The New Frontier comic.

Preview trailer of Justice League: New Frontier.

The cast includes:

Xena as Wonder Woman
Angel as Hal Jordan
Doogie Howser as Barry Allen
Agent Cooper as Superman
Last edited by Fried Gold on Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:44 am

I like it
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Rorschach77 on Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:29 am

the only thing that vexes me is Kyle Mclaughlin as Supes. WTF?
"And i'm up while dawn is breaking, even though my heart is aching. I should be drinking a toast to absent friends instead of these comedians."
Rorschach77
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:33 am

Rorschach77 wrote:the only thing that vexes me is Kyle Mclaughlin as Supes. WTF?

Yeah, what's up with that?

But David Boreanaz as Hal Jordan is MOVIE CASTING BRILLIANCE, let alone animation GOLD.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Rorschach77 on Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:35 am

ONeillSG1 wrote:
Rorschach77 wrote:the only thing that vexes me is Kyle Mclaughlin as Supes. WTF?

Yeah, what's up with that?

But David Boreanaz as Hal Jordan is MOVIE CASTING BRILLIANCE, let alone animation GOLD.

Ya, when I saw that at con, my first reaction was, "Wha-...ohhh....that's awesome!" And talk about perfect, at least we get Lucy Lawless as Wonder Woman SOMEHOW. I mean, she was never gonna do it on screen, right?
"And i'm up while dawn is breaking, even though my heart is aching. I should be drinking a toast to absent friends instead of these comedians."
Rorschach77
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby DennisMM on Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:23 pm

Think they'll let the grit stay, or will they wimp out along the lines of Ultimate Avengers? They say it will be faithful, but will Wonder Woman be seen ruthlessly cutting down third-world villagers for their crimes against women?
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:43 pm

DennisMM wrote:Think they'll let the grit stay, or will they wimp out along the lines of Ultimate Avengers? They say it will be faithful, but will Wonder Woman be seen ruthlessly cutting down third-world villagers for their crimes against women?

It's going to have a PG-13 rating.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:04 pm

I haven't read the series, but that looked pretty interesting. Hopefully the animation is better than those Marvel DTVs.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby The Garbage Man on Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:25 pm

Thanks for the link, FG!

Too bad we didn't get to hear any of the voices. I'm very curious about Jeremy Sisto as Batman; he's got some big shoes to fill.
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby Rorschach77 on Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:04 pm

The Garbage Man wrote:Thanks for the link, FG!

Too bad we didn't get to hear any of the voices. I'm very curious about Jeremy Sisto as Batman; he's got some big shoes to fill.

according to what andrea romano (casting director extrordinaire for ALL the dc animated stuff), it's absolutely amazing. But you're right. It's gonna take alot to get Kevin Conroy's voice outta my head.
Rorschach77
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Adam Balm on Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:29 pm

True story: I actually got misty eyed during that trailer.

That's really sad for me, but really good for the movie.
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:31 pm

DennisMM wrote:Think they'll let the grit stay, or will they wimp out along the lines of Ultimate Avengers? They say it will be faithful, but will Wonder Woman be seen ruthlessly cutting down third-world villagers for their crimes against women?

Trust me when I say that, if Superman: Doomsday is any indication, there is NO wimping out involved. That movie was balls to the wall cool and hardcore.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:03 pm

Fried Gold wrote:

Not to be argumentative, but so did Ultimate Avengers.

Leckomaniac wrote:Trust me when I say that, if Superman: Doomsday is any indication, there is NO wimping out involved. That movie was balls to the wall cool and hardcore.

I hope so, but hardcore rumbling between Superman and Doomsday and even the carnage Doomsday causes before he fights Superman, are very different from seeing one of your heroes kill people without mercy.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Leckomaniac on Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:13 pm

DennisMM wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:

Leckomaniac wrote:Trust me when I say that, if Superman: Doomsday is any indication, there is NO wimping out involved. That movie was balls to the wall cool and hardcore.

I hope so, but hardcore rumbling between Superman and Doomsday and even the carnage Doomsday causes before he fights Superman, are very different from seeing one of your heroes kill people without mercy.

Well I can't really comment on whether they will go all the way on New Frontier...I can say that it is a good possibility. I mean in Superman: Doomsday the clone Superman (the plot is a bit different than the comics) drops the Toy Maker off of a roof top because the Toy Maker had just KILLED A CHILD...and we watch as his body crashes on top of a car below...the next scene shows a tarp over the body with blood all over the place.

Even though the AUDIENCE knew it wasn't really SUPERMAN...it was still Superman killing a human being

There is more blood and more death in Superman: Doomsday than there was in all of Superman Returns I believe. And since the same group of people are making New Frontier...you can bet that they are looking to not pull any punches.

Trust me...I own ULTIMATE AVENGERS and you can't compare that with the new slate of DC animated films. There are almost like night and day. Everything that ULTIMATE AVENGERS did wrong...Superman: Doomsday does right.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Rorschach77 on Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:42 am

Leckomaniac wrote:
DennisMM wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:

Well I can't really comment on whether they will go all the way on New Frontier...I can say that it is a good possibility. I mean in Superman: Doomsday the clone Superman (the plot is a bit different than the comics) drops the Toy Maker off of a roof top because the Toy Maker had just KILLED A CHILD...and we watch as his body crashes on top of a car below...the next scene shows a tarp over the body with blood all over the place.

Even though the AUDIENCE knew it wasn't really SUPERMAN...it was still Superman killing a human being

There is more blood and more death in Superman: Doomsday than there was in all of Superman Returns I believe. And since the same group of people are making New Frontier...you can bet that they are looking to not pull any punches.

Trust me...I own ULTIMATE AVENGERS and you can't compare that with the new slate of DC animated films. There are almost like night and day. Everything that ULTIMATE AVENGERS did wrong...Superman: Doomsday does right.

I have to agree. Everything that's going wrong with the Marvel 'Toons is going right and more with the DC stuff. I mean, there's no bigger Superman fan than me, and I loved that cartoon!!! I can't WAIT to see what they do with N.F. because the inevitable is just around the corner and it almost makes me wet myself with happyhappyjoyjoy.....KINGDOM COME!!! Sorry if I missspelled, i'm kinda drunk.
Rorschach77
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:13 am

Finally, Lucy Lawless gets to play Wonder Woman. Somebody got my letter.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bastard_robo on Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:23 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:Finally, Lucy Lawless gets to play Wonder Woman. Somebody got my letter.

That got a huge pop at con.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Rorschach77 on Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:34 am

Ok, here's my question though. After this, and then presumably Kingdom Come and the other one they've announced (I can't remember what it is at the moment) what else are then gonna do? I mean, Crisis? Maybe Identity Crisis? Or like Marvel, are they just gonna start releasing stuff that's not based on a specific gn?
Rorschach77
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:42 am

Rorschach77 wrote:Ok, here's my question though. After this, and then presumably Kingdom Come and the other one they've announced (I can't remember what it is at the moment) what else are then gonna do? I mean, Crisis? Maybe Identity Crisis? Or like Marvel, are they just gonna start releasing stuff that's not based on a specific gn?

Are you serious? There are TONS of stuff they can do:

Batman: Hush
Batman: Long Halloween
Superman: Red Son
Dark Knight Returns
Batman: Year One
Superman: Secret Identity

How about some FLASH stuff? Mark Waid or Geoff Johns run. Green Lantern: Emerald Dawn. There is also all of the JLA stuff...and JSA stuff.

I mean this is just the stuff I came up with off the top of my head. DC is in no danger of running out of stories to tell.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Rorschach77 on Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:47 am

Leckomaniac wrote:
Rorschach77 wrote:Ok, here's my question though. After this, and then presumably Kingdom Come and the other one they've announced (I can't remember what it is at the moment) what else are then gonna do? I mean, Crisis? Maybe Identity Crisis? Or like Marvel, are they just gonna start releasing stuff that's not based on a specific gn?

Dark Knight Returns

How about some FLASH stuff? Mark Waid or Geoff Johns run. Green Lantern: Emerald Dawn. There is also all of the JLA stuff...and JSA stuff.

I mean this is just the stuff I came up with off the top of my head. DC is in no danger of running out of stories to tell.

I didn't mean it to sound like I thought they'd run out of stories, I mean to ask if they were going to KEEP with the idea of doing the gn's (of which these are EXCELLENT!) or if they were gonna do that thing Marvel is doing, which I am NOT a fan of. Ultimate Avengers vs. Superman Doomsday OR JL: NF? No contest! And y'know what i'd love to see? Superman:Birthright!
Rorschach77
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:56 am

Rorschach77 wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:

Dark Knight Returns

I didn't mean it to sound like I thought they'd run out of stories, I mean to ask if they were going to KEEP with the idea of doing the gn's (of which these are EXCELLENT!) or if they were gonna do that thing Marvel is doing, which I am NOT a fan of. Ultimate Avengers vs. Superman Doomsday OR JL: NF? No contest! And y'know what i'd love to see? Superman:Birthright!

Well, from all of the interviews I have read it sounds as though they plan (for the forseeable future) to continue telling established stories. That could change, but nothing I have read or heard leads me to believe that is the case.

As for Superman: Birthright...I wasn't a big fan of that particular story. My dream adaptations would probably be Red Son and Secret Identity. JLA: Earth 2 wouldn't be a bad one either.

One thing that has me wondering is this: is it limited to only DCU titles? How cool would it be to have a WILDCATS movie? or The Authority? Or Hellblazer? Or Swamp Thing?
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Rorschach77 on Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:01 am

Ooooooooooooo......Swampthing!! Not a bad idea! Hellblazer!!! I don't know so much about Wildcats, but what about....Sandman!
Rorschach77
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:55 am

After Doomsday, New Frontier, and The Judas Contract, the next ones are reported to be Batman and then a Wonder Woman story.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:59 am

Fried Gold wrote:then a Wonder Woman story.

That would most likely be the George Perez origin for Wonder Woman.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Rorschach77 on Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:57 am

Leckomaniac wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:then a Wonder Woman story.

That would most likely be the George Perez origin for Wonder Woman.

see, that's what I mean, not an established story or gn. Just kinda a WW origin story, which seems to be what Marvel is mucking up. Don't get me wrong, I'm a DC person more than a Marvel person, so I have utmost faith in DC, but just like everyone I don't want to be let down.
Rorschach77
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Re: Justice League: New Frontier DTV

Postby TheButcher on Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:51 pm

*Warner Home Video has announced a Feb. 26 release for Justice League: The New Frontier, the animated movie adapting Darwyn Cooke's comics series, on DVD.

source : Comics Continuum & TV Shows on DVD
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:45 pm

Justice League: The New Frontier DVD will feature these extras:

“Super Heroes United!: The Complete Justice League Historyâ€
Last edited by TheButcher on Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Bayouwolf on Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:51 pm

Holy "extras having more relevance than the main content of the DVD" Batman...
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Postby Coheed_and_Cambria on Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:15 pm

I cannot wait for this movie. I am a huge fan of Cookes work, and this story specifically. I own the single issues, but still shelled out the money for the 2 volumes of graphic novels.

I really hope it transfers well to animation though, but from what I have seen, I have a feeling I won't be disappointed.

Just a few short months to go.
Coheed_and_Cambria
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby TheButcher on Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:57 am

Here is a link to another trailer.
youtube/New Frontier
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:45 am

TheButcher wrote:Here is a link to another trailer.
youtube/New Frontier

Looks cool. I haven't read the story but what's the ultimate evil? Looks like Pteranodons in the trailer.

Rorschach77 wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:

Dark Knight Returns

Yes pleas on DKR. The short segment from Tales of the Dark Knight was enough to get me salivating for more.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby instant_karma on Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:26 pm

Official site up and running for the movie.

http://www.warnervideo.com/jlnewfrontier/
instant_karma
Comes in 4 exciting flavours

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:36 am

Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:20 am

Having seen it, I thought it was a bit weak again overall. The storyline isn't given enough depth and the ensemble of characters aren't handled well enough for you to really care what happens to them.

Hal Jordan is filled out the most, but even then his psychological scars don't really play a role. When he meets Abin Sur and gets his Green Lantern ring there is no sense of wonder about the event - he just puts it in his pocket and walks off, leaving the dead alien lying in the desert. With the Flash, there is opportunity to see how the small town hero has to step up to the first division...but it's only really touched on briefly. Wonder Woman just gets angry and lot, then doesn't really do a whole lot. Superman flies around, appearing here and there. Batman...Batman is written in such a way that he flip-flops between Dark Knight and Adam West.

And the villain...what was that all about. It's subtlely built up as an ancient, elemental, unseen force able to affect the minds of people enough that strange cults are being investigated by Batman. Then all of a sudden a giant tentacled beefburger appears and a rumble starts.

Another things is the timing - there are some weird time jumps that you only realise have happens five minutes later and it can be discombobulating.

As with the Superman: Doomsday movie, the makers seem to assume the viewer knows the background and details to what is going on....and it doesn't really work too well. This might all because of the limits of cramming a story into 90 minutes.

EDIT: One plus point I forgot about - the voice acting is pretty good and much better cast than Doomsday. I wonder if Doogie Houser would make a decent live-action Flash.
Last edited by Fried Gold on Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:39 am

double dammit, that's exactly what I've been fearing...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Coheed_and_Cambria on Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:57 am

I enjoyed it. Having read the graphic novel only like a gazillion times, I think it was a fair shot at an adaptaion.

It could have been better. But for me, not by much.

It could have been longer. Even 15 minutes would have added so much to the overall story.

The story still stays true. The animation was fun, the voice casting was a hell of a lot better than Superman/Doomsday. But the overall story telling in this was much better.

Visually, I thought it sparkled. I would love to see more in this style. I have always enjoyed Cooke, I think he has this golden age quality to his art, and not alot of people can pull it off.
Coheed_and_Cambria
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Pacino86845 on Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:08 am

I haven't watched this yet, but one major aberration in the film is that they botched one of the most important elements of Cooke's gn: Wonder Woman's design, which Cooke calls his favorite. It's not like it was a complicated design to begin with, but the modernized look they put into the animated movie is contrary to the gn's original nature. As for the rest, well I'll have to watch it to judge, but I find it suspicious that they could cram the entire story into a seventy-minute "feature."
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby unikrunk on Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:10 am

This movie is a whole lot of fun, and DC is on to a good thing with this format of bringing GNs or specific arcs into the DVD fray (but more on that later).

The movie opens with a bang, and let's you know right at the gate that it's going to be 'that kind' of party, and if you are not into 'that', you should just go home to your wife and two kids.

From the brilliant and shocking opening (my wife literally yelled 'Holy shit!'); we are treated to what are, IMHO, the best opening credits for a movie in a long time. Think 'Blake Edwards directing a Bond movie'. (EDIT: That is not Casino Royale. That is not where this ship is headed.)That's what the opening credits were like for me. They got me fucking pumped for the coming attraction.

And Jebus H Christ does that attraction pay-off. Where every other animated DC or Marvel property has taken a wrong turn, this sunuvabitch takes a right one. Everyone here has read HK and the rest of the AICN crew reviews, and there is not much left to say really, other than this; I second every word of their sentiment that this is a great movie.

See it for yourself; don't take our word on it. Tastes are subjective, and this movie might leave you dryer than a bucket of sand, but if you are a comic nerd like me, I doubt that will be the outcome of your experience.

The extras on the second disk are fucking brilliant, the interviews with Cooke are fantastic, and in watching them you can feel the man's love for not only the characters, but the continuity of the DCU; in speaking about JSA, Cooke notes that it was the first time that all his heroes inhabited the same space. They were connected, all of these crazy stories and rouges galleries were in the same world, and that idea bloomed in his young mind. It is surprisingly moving to hear him speak about it.

The other extras are great as well, and show that a lot of passion went into the making of this feature.

Now, back to that whole direct to DVD stuff; DC has now set the bar, and I expect it to continue to be raised with the Batman anime coming shortly.

Also, I am putting out the fanboy-charge; Dear DC, please do to DKR what you have done with New Frontier. It will make unicorns frolic under rainbows whilst all the babies in the world giggle.

Thanks,

unikrunk
Last edited by unikrunk on Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Spifftacular SquirrelGirl on Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:40 am

It makes me pretty giddy to hear that this is getting good reviews across the board. Especially after how mediocre the whole "Death of Superman" dvd was... I guess we could just say it was first time jitters.

Too bad Marvel hasn't quite figured out how to make a really good direct to dvd movie yet. I can only hope someone over there is taking notes.
Spifftacular SquirrelGirl
AIRWOLF

Postby Coheed_and_Cambria on Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:56 am

I have to say, this is the best animated release so far. I'm hoping that Batman: Gotham Knight continues this awesome path of animated features from DC.

Out of all the Marvel releases, I enjoyed Iron Man the most, and that's pushing it, as it was not great, but decent nonetheless.

They left a good portion out of New Frontier, to save for time, but what is in there is pure gold. I am very happy this movie lived up to the expectations, at least in my eyes. It stays true to the story, which is mostly a story about Manhunter, The Flash, and the main man, Green Lantern.

Honestly, It can only get better from here, not worse(I hope).
Coheed_and_Cambria
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby buster00 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:48 pm

I splurged the four bucks for New Frontier on demand last night. Money well spent!

Everything I hoped it would be, having enjoyed the comic. Recommend!
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pacino86845 on Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:53 pm

This was a botched adaptation... which is doubly disappointing since the source material would've required very little adapting to the animated format, both in terms of visuals and story.

Some of the designs are reminiscent of Cooke's work, but a lot of it has been changed... not simplified or "adapted" per se, but just changed. Puzzling beyond all comprehension.

And the story... oh boy, how could they fuck it up? They seem to get the core of Cooke's story, but it's so watered down that it seems more like a detailed outline of the original than a proper adaptation.

Still, even a botched New Frontier adaptation gets some points due to the outstanding source material, so I'd rate it a 5/10. Below average, can't really recommend it. Read the graphic novel instead, it's a keeper.

EDIT: Also it's very obvious that they cheaped out on the production of this film... with the credits the run length is about 70 minutes. 70 fuckin' minutes!? Are you shittin' me? Also the animation is very stiff for the most part, like watching cardboard cut-outs being waved around by invisible hands.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby RogueScribner on Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:48 pm

I thought this was okay, but for large chunks of it in the first half I wasn't sure what was going on or why. And I didn't really get the sense that there was any governmental conflict until the very end. The animation was nice, but the story felt incomplete and rushed. I daresay I liked Superman vs. Doomsday better.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:23 am

Pacino86845 wrote:EDIT: Also it's very obvious that they cheaped out on the production of this film... with the credits the run length is about 70 minutes. 70 fuckin' minutes!? Are you shittin' me?

One suspects that, even though these are being made as "direct-to-DVD" only, they are hoping to sell them to the TV market at some point - which with advert breaks will give them a 90 minute TV movie.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby SilentBobX on Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:29 am

As for me, the ending gave me hope that they'll do right by doing more than just the Justice League. That shot of the Teen Titans made me hope they'll try and do a REAL version instead of the anime shitfest they've created for the CN.

Now if we got an All Star Squadron DTV movie with the orig. lineup, fighting Hitler and his cronies, now that'd be awesome and then some.

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby Evil Hobbit on Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:09 pm

I thought it was a bit of a mess, rushed script, choppy dialogue and average animation. I hate it when we get a pan of an area and all the backgrounds are stills. A little movement won't do no harm right. And what's up with every character looking the same? Straight angled jaws, square heads. Give us some more emotion. Even for DTV is that to much to ask? Marvel and Warner have enough money to push the quality a little more. Much better then Avengers though. 5/10 from me, a little meh.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby Pacino86845 on Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:11 pm

Any fans of the GN 'round here?

As far as the designs go, Hobbit, they're a bit better in the GN, but the idea is similar. Cooke was going more for a '50s look for the story... things are far more unified in the book though.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Chairman Kaga on Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:26 pm

Evil Hobbit wrote:Even for DTV is that to much to ask? Marvel and Warner have enough money to push the quality a little more.

Not if they want to make a profit.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Return to Animation