Random Animation (Come forward into Dementia-Five!!)

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

20-minute Lego Batman cartoon in works

Postby TheButcher on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:52 pm

20-minute Lego Batman cartoon in works
Lego Batman Gets Animated For 20-Minute Short, Possible Cartoon Series

Gameindustry.biz has reported that Traveler’s Tales — developers of the upcoming Lego Batman video game — will be moving into the realm of animation with a cartoon based on the latest installment of their franchise of Lego-based games. In their exclusive interview with Traveler’s Tales Producer, Rich Earl, the company plans on helping to produce one, 20-minute cartoon, which they hope would then springboard into a TV series for kids.

Unlike many of the other Lego game titles (i.e. Lego Star Wars and Indiana Jones), Lego Batman is unique in that it is actually not based on a movie franchise, but rather the comics, lending itself to a world of Batman heroes and villains.
source

From The Worlds Finest 9-19-08: "Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm" Special Edition DVD
Sources at Warner Home Video inform The World's Finest a new DVD and Blu-ray release of Batman: Mask of the Phantasm is currently being considered.

From The Worlds Finest 8-29-08: Warner Bros. Animation Planning Multiple Animated Batman Projects
Warner Bros. Animation, currently working on the initial 26-episode order of Batman: The Brave and Bold, is also working on the next slate of releases under the DC Universe Animated Original Movie banner.

This includes wrapping post-production on Wonder Woman, slated for a February 2009 released, and continuing work on the next two in-production titles in the line, Green Lantern (working title) and Superman/Batman: Public Enemies (working title).

Early pre-production work on the first of two possible direct-to-video solo Batman features has also begun, with no further details available at this time. The first official confirmation on these upcoming titles is expected either toward the end of 2008 or early 2009.

From The Worlds Finest 8-01-08: More "DC Universe Animated Original Movie" Titles Planned For 2009
Last edited by TheButcher on Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

TETSUJIN 28

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:11 pm

From twitch: Imagi reveals TETSUJIN 28 Teaser

Al Young wrote:On top of Astro Boy and Gatchaman already in the works from Imagi Studios, you can now mark down Tetsujin 28 on the list as another classic Japanese properties receiving the CG treatment. Based on a 50’s sci-fi manga series created by Mitsuteru Yokoyama, Tetsujin 28 was widely recognized as the first manga to introduce giant robots. It spawn several anime TV series (the 1963 version was released in America as Gigantor) and a 2005 live action film. Although Imagi has launched a teaser trailer and a website, the animated film hasn’t been officially green lit yet. The teaser trailer is actually a CG animation test footage used as a proof of concept for backers and rights holder to decide whether or not to move forward with the project. The visuals doesn’t necessary represent how the film will look if it does go into production but it still looks cool nevertheless. So, would you like to see Tetsujin 28 get adapted to a CG animated feature film?
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Random Animation (Come forward into Dementia-Five!!)

Postby The Vicar on Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:16 am

I'll toss this piece of meat into the air here.
Who are the best animation studios these days?
I mean the Beuwolf/Final Fantasy style of animation?
With or without motion capture.

Is there software out there, basic stuff, that would allow you to make a simple animated film?
Final Draft doesn't appear to have any storyboarding software, but a program like the one above
would do the job somewhat well.

Two pieces of meat. Old reporters habit - sneaking in two or three questions in one.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Thor Tales of Asgard

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:33 pm

From IESB: First Look - THOR TALES OF ASGARD
EDIT
It's gone.
Last edited by TheButcher on Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Master Mind

Postby TheButcher on Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:00 am

From THR.com: Trio in talks for 'Master Mind' - Robert Downey Jr., Tina Fey, Ben Stiller circle animated project
Jay A. Fernandez and Borys Kit wrote:Robert Downey Jr., Tina Fey and Ben Stiller are in negotiations to lead the voice cast for DreamWorks Animation's superhero lark "Master Mind." Stiller is also a producer on the movie through his Red Hour Films.

The satiric film, with a screenplay by Alan J. Schoolcraft and Brent Simons, concerns a brilliant superhero villain who loses his life's purpose when he accidentally kills his good-guy nemesis. DWA plans a Nov. 5, 2010 release (though the title might change).

DWA had a banner year in 2008 with its releases "Kung Fu Panda" and "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa" (also starring Stiller), which together have grossed more than $1.2 billion worldwide. The Jeffrey Katzenberg-led company also has "Monsters vs. Aliens" in theaters in March, "How to Train Your Dragon" and "Shrek Goes Fourth" in 2010, and a "Kung Fu Panda" sequel scheduled for 2011.

Paramount, which distributes DWA's output, has its own animated feature, "Rango," starring Johnny Depp, in production for a March 2011 release.

Fey, repped by Endeavor and 3 Arts, most recently starred in the Universal comedy "Baby Mama" and is attached to star in the Fox comedy "Date Night" with Steve Carell. She continues to produce, write and star in "30 Rock" on NBC.

The Endeavor-repped Stiller has "Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian" coming in May and most recently co-wrote, directed and starred in the DreamWorks comedy "Tropic Thunder."

Downey Jr., repped by CAA, has "Sherlock Holmes" and "Iron Man 2" in production this year, and "The Soloist" hitting theaters in April. He did an Oscar-nominated turn in "Tropic Thunder" last summer.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Sony Pictures Animation

Postby TheButcher on Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:01 am

From Variety: Sony toons takes shine to Platinum - Duo partner for as-yet-unnamed animated film
TATIANA SIEGEL wrote:Sony Pictures Animation has inked a deal with comicbook library Platinum Studios to develop an as-yet-unnamed animated feature.

Platinum -- which controls a cache of comicbook characters that it adapts, produces and licenses for all forms of media -- is the company that brought "Men in Black" into the studio fold.

"We're looking forward to working with (Platinum CEO Scott Rosenberg) and Platinum to develop a feature from their library of stories and (5,600) characters," said Bob Osher, president of Sony Pictures Digital Prods.

Platinum's film and TV division has various properties in development around town, including "Atlantis Rising" and "Cowboys and Aliens" at DreamWorks and "Unique" at Disney.

SPA, which recently announced a first-look deal with the Gotham Group, most recently produced "Open Season" and "Surf's Up." SPA's upcoming slate includes "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs," "Hotel Transylvania" and "The Smurfs."
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:56 am

Just because, have some of this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAYkGZrFxa4
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby BuckyO'harre on Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:59 am

:D

One of these days I'm gonna start a cartoon of the day/week/whenever thread.
Thank you, Zoners, for the kindness, tolerance, and enlightenment you've shared with me. It may not have been deserved, but it was greatly appreciated nonetheless. Soupy twist.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

SUPERMAN/BATMAN: PUBLIC ENEMIES

Postby TheButcher on Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:34 pm

Last edited by TheButcher on Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: SUPERMAN/BATMAN: PUBLIC ENEMIES

Postby bastard_robo on Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:16 pm

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby instant_karma on Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:48 am

I really hope they don't try and replicate Ed McGuinness' style of artwork for this. I think I find it almost as annoying as Humberto Ramos'.

I wonder if we have a thread in here for comic book artists that suck.
instant_karma
Comes in 4 exciting flavours

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Postby TheButcher on Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:14 am

From DeviantArt:
LeSean Thomas wrote:
Fans of my work will be surprised to know that *gasp!* i was Supervising Character Designer for this bad boy. It was challenging translating Ed McGuiness's drawing style to animation, but in the end i think it turned out solid. I'm interested to see what the fans of this popular graphic novel will think of this! here's the info!:

"Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, at least according to Harry Knowles and Aint It Cool News. AICN has a logo AND a plot description posted that sees President Lex Luthor using the approach of an incoming Kryptonite asteroid to frame Superman and declare a $1 billion bounty on the heads of Superman and Bataman. Loads of heroes, villains, and fighting ensue.

If that subtitle sounds familiar, it’s because it was the first arc of the actual Superman/Batman comic series. Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuinness’s tale resolved the long-standing “;President Luthor” progression by pitting Superman, Batman, and their respective families against enemies and allies alike. We’ll have more as official confirmation is achieved."

for the whole newsarama article click below:

http://blog.newsarama.com/2009/03/15/the-next-dcu-animated-dvd-is/

This was my first time working with legendary producer BRUCE TIMM ( BATMAN : THE ANIMATED SERIES ), veteran producer MICHAEL GOUGEN (JUSTICE LEAGUE: NEW FRONTIER ) and director SAM LIU ( HULK VS. THOR ) on such a high-profile project here at Warner bros Animation Studios and the talent attached to this film is amazing. I've learned a lot from these guys and im glad to be given the opportunity to work alongside such legends and amazing talent here at WB. I hope the fans of the graphic novel consider it a faithful adaptation.

more exciting news coming down the pike!!!!

all the best

-LeS
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Postby TheButcher on Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:04 pm

From CBR: Jeph Loeb on “Superman/Batman” Animated Film

Jeffrey Renaud wrote:CBR News checked in with Loeb to see how much he’s involved in the project, and who he thinks would be the best choices to voice the two iconic characters.

CBR: You must be thrilled to see “Superman/Batman: Public Enemies” coming to life in animated form?

Jeph Loeb: It’s the greatest! Ed and I had so much fun on that arc, to see it “live” will be very, very cool.

When you wrote the story back in 2003, did you ever think, “Man, this would make a great movie,” live-action or animated?

Well, because I work in TV and film and animation, hell yes! Did I think it would happen? Hell no!

Does it get any bigger than a story starring Superman and Batman?

Are you reading “Ultimatum?” But seriously, “Public Enemies” is a pretty massive story. I’m curious as to what they’re going to do with it.

So you’re not involved in the project?

They asked me to write the script and I really, really wanted to, but I was on “Heroes” and my schedule was just too full. So, no, I haven’t had anything to do with it. But, I’m a huge Bruce Timm [Executive Producer] fan, as he knows since I dog him at conventions, and I’m sure he’s going to make it even better than the comic.

What about McGuinness? Is he involved?

I spoke to Ed this morning and he told me they had approached him to do designs, but his schedule was too full, as well. We both would’ve loved to be involved.

Do you know if Warner Bros. is sticking pretty close to your original storyline?

Don’t know, but it appears so. When I was talking to Gregory Novak, the exec at Warner Bros. who covers DC, they wanted to stay as true to the original material as possible. That included it looking like Ed’s style.

Who would you love to hear voicing the iconic lead characters?

Just get me the cast from “Batman: The Animated Series” and “Superman: The Animated Series.” Those guys rock. [The roles were played by Kevin Conroy and Tim Daly, respectively.]

Do you know if there are any plans to adapt any other “Superman/Batman” arcs as animated features?

Don’t know. The “Supergirl” story, particularly if they do it in [artist] Mike Turner’s style, would be awesome.

From “Smallville” to “Lost” to “Heroes,” you’ve been moving from genre hit to genre hit for the past six or seven seasons. When will we hear about your next television project?

Sooner than you think.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Foster’s Home For Imaginary Friends

Postby TheButcher on Fri May 01, 2009 2:32 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

The Avengers

Postby TheButcher on Sun May 10, 2009 3:07 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Postby TheButcher on Mon May 18, 2009 6:40 am

Superman | Batman: Public Enemies trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/v/q_OvtI_qMig&hl=en&fs=1
Last edited by TheButcher on Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Gigantor

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:08 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Incredibles 2

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:05 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Rapunzel

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:44 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Maui on Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:11 pm

It's bothersome to me that the animation thread hasn't had an update since June 30th, so yeah....

Saw Ice Age 3 - while Blue Sky's visuals are quite spectacular, the storyline was just extremely weak. Scrat and Ms. Scrat are the scene stealers.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Seppuku on Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:56 am

Just watched an awesome French/Senegalese animated movie from '98 called Kirikou and the Sorceress based on a West African traditional tale. You know you're in for something quite different when a baby, still inside his pregnant mother's tummy, says: "Mother, bring me into this world!" To which she replies: "A child who can speak from his mother's womb can bring himself into this world." Though he's all of a couple minutes old, he finds out that his father and brothers have all died going off to fight an "evil" witch, and immediately jumps to the aid of his uncle, the only surviving male in the village. It's impossible not to fall in love with this little Kirikou and his matter-of-fact way of dealing with the things around him. Apart from the animation, which is truly beautiful, the thing which won me over was that laid-back, ironical charm inherent to both Africa and France.

Like most non-American (I'd use the term "world," but I think it's kinda offensive) animation I've seen, everything up on screen seems to dance to its own inner-rhythm. And the colours! I wish I'd been exposed to more movies like this when I was a tyke. It always treats a situation differently to how you'd expect, whilst still staying true to the logic of the movie. And the villain doesn't turn out to really be a villain at all, just a woman in so much pain that she takes it out on those around her. There's a message I'd sooner expose my kid to than the ol' good & evil chestnut. I actually heard that this movie got a mature rating in America because it showed the West African natives with their tits hanging out, despite the fact that they were only wearing their traditional clothing.

I also should mention Youssou N'Dour's soundtrack, which perfectly matches the low-key charm of the visuals.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Fievel on Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:46 am

Maui wrote:It's bothersome to me that the animation thread hasn't had an update since June 30th, so yeah....

Saw Ice Age 3 - while Blue Sky's visuals are quite spectacular, the storyline was just extremely weak. Scrat and Ms. Scrat are the scene stealers.

It's bothersome to me that I posted info about an amazing animated film on Mar 20, 2008 and as far as I know, no one else in the Zone saw it, I don't think it ever got a mention on the main site, and no one I know ever saw it. I'm starting to wonder if I made the whole movie up in my mind.

I never saw Ice Age 2. The first one just made me sigh at the end. I didn't find it great, but it wasn't the worst thing I had ever seen either.

Too high of a majority of American animated films just don't "do it" for me.
I think "9" is the first animated movie made in the USA that I've been genuinely excited about since The Incredibles, and before that?........ I couldn't even say.

I think my frustration comes from the fact that most American animated movies are so formulaic. In most of the movies you could substitute real people in the real world and have the same basic movie. Someone gets lost.... someone gets separated from their family.... blah blah blah blah.

These Disney/PIXAR/Dreamworks movies are all guilty of this.

The work coming out of Asia fills my animation need more than anything in North America. I hope "9" is a box office hit and that inspires the studios to think differently.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Re:

Postby Maui on Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:24 am

Fievel wrote:Vexille is one badass movie.
GREAT story.
Mostly good animation.
Thank you, goodnight.

Nope, didn't see this and I find it very bothersome. ;)

What can I say that you haven't already stated in your post re. American animation. I'm extremely tired of talking bugs, talking cars, talking toys, obvious story lines, and ODing on pop culture jokes (just because they think it will appease the adults) ...which is why I also seek out foreign animation to get my fix.

I have high hopes for 9. It looks fantastic and is definitely breaking away from the Dreamworks/Blue Sky/Sony/Pixar cookie cutter that they all seem to use.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Seppuku on Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:32 am

I blame Chairman Kaga.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Al Shut on Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:38 am

Seppuku wrote:Just watched an awesome French/Senegalese animated movie from '98 called Kirikou and the Sorceress based on a West African traditional tale.

I seem to remember that one. Very impressive indeed.

And the villain doesn't turn out to really be a villain at all, just a woman in so much pain that she takes it out on those around her. There's a message I'd sooner expose my kid to than the ol' good & evil chestnut.

Absolutely 100% seconded
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Re: Rapunzel

Postby buster00 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:43 am

They're already talking about a sequel to G-Force? Why? That flick is going to be this year's Space Chimps. Or better yet, this year's Fly Me to the Moon.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Maui on Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:28 pm

Cool teaser from Rodrigo Blaas animated short, Alma.
Maui
WoWie

Postby papalazeru on Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:31 pm

Maui wrote:Cool teaser from Rodrigo Blaas animated short, Alma.

I like the expression on her face.

There's a slight look of Coraline-esque inquisitiveness in those eyes.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths

Postby TheButcher on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:17 am

From WorldsFinestOnline: Title For Next Direct-To-Video "DC Universe Animated Original Movie" Release Revealed

James Harvey wrote:The back cover art for the upcoming Blu-ray and Two-Disc Special Edition DVD release of Superman/Batman: Public Enemies has unveiled the title of the next feature in the "DC Universe Animated Original Movie" line.

According to the back cover art for the upcoming Blu-ray and Two-Disc Special Edition DVD release of Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, hitting shelves next month, the title of the next direct-to-video animated feature from the popular "DC Universe Animated Original Movie" line is Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths. Dwayne McDuffie (Justice League Unlimited) is listed as the writer for this upcoming feature. Official details on Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths are not expected until later this year.

Click here to view the Superman/Batman: Public Enemies home video release package artwork featuring the title. An early 2010 release date is expected for Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Spectacular Spider-Man

Postby TheButcher on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:04 am

From IGN:
Sony No Longer Producing Spectacular Spider-Man; Studio Loses Spidey TV Rights

From COLLIDER:
Disney and Marvel Web Up SPIDER-MAN T.V. Rights

Jackson Bishop wrote:Not the least of these opportunities, while it may be a very long shot, could be the possibility of a live-action Spider-Man television series, perhaps on ABC, something to fill the gap that will soon be left in people’s lives once “LOST” is off the air. Something in the vein of “Smallville”, but with Peter Parker in costume would be pretty damn cool. Imagine a cast of Harry Osbourne, Flash Thompsaon, Gwen Stacey with Peter in high school as he struggles to balance a normal life with his great power and great responsibility, having to choose between going after The Shocker, or getting Aunt May her prescription. Take the first season to build on the relationship between Peter and Gwen, only to add the sexy Mary Jane Watson to the cast in the next season. Establish Dr. Curt Connors as a friend and mentor, and turn him into The Lizard in a later season. The possibilities are enough to drive a fanboy crawling up a wall.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:24 pm

If Sony gave up the TV rights to Spidey in exchange for concessions on the film rights my guess would be a condition of that deal would be none of the TV projects can be live-action for several years. Why would Sony invest a ton of money in a feature film if people can stay home and watch essentially the same thing for free?
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:44 pm

Yeah, I can't imagine Sony would willingly give up the TV rights if someone could then turn around and produce a live action series right away. Or if they could, it'd have to be a Spider-man in high school type deal. But I figure Sony relinquished all TV rights with a clause stating that no live action series could be produced for X number of years so they can try to squeeze out some more Tobey Maguire Spider-man movies.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Winnie the Pooh

Postby TheButcher on Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:50 pm

From Blue Sky Disney 06/08/09:
More Pooh For You...

From Blue Sky Disney 08/25/09:
New Pooh..

http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/searc ... the%20Pooh
Last edited by TheButcher on Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Double Dare You

Postby TheButcher on Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:51 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Incredibles 2

Postby TheButcher on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:42 pm

From Coming Soon:
D23 Expo: Lasseter on Ant-Man & Possible Pixar Sequels
Silas Lesnick wrote:Following his presentation this morning at Anaheim's D23 Expo, John Lasseter held a press conference, fielding questions about upcoming projects, including dismissing a rumor that Pixar may be looking at Marvel Studios' Ant-Man and offering a sly "no comment" on potential sequels to other Pixar properties.

"I had met all the folks from Marvel a couple of times and they're terrific," says Lasseter, a man of few words regarding Pixar's interest in Marvel properties, "The whole 'Ant-Man' thing is just a rumor."

Lasseter also played it coy with another question, asking whether or not the future might hold sequels to Monsters, Inc. or The Incredibles.

"That's a great question," says Lasseter, "Unfortunately, I can't answer that question... We're very excited about the ones that we've announced."
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths

Postby TheButcher on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:07 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths

Postby BuckyO'harre on Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:29 pm

James Woods as Owlman? HA! Fantastic.

Billy Baldwin as Batman? What.The.HAYYYLLL are they thinking?
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TSBVoidMare on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:07 am

Hey guys, this is my first post, hope you dig it.

Shigeru Mizuki's animated short "Shinigami" from NHK
TSBVoidMare
GLIB

Studio Ghibli

Postby TheButcher on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:39 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

SUPERMAN/BATMAN 2

Postby TheButcher on Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:45 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby BuckyO'harre on Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:50 pm

Casting update for Zack Snyder's 'Guardians of Ga'Hoole'

Sam Neill, Geoffrey Rush, Hugo Weaving and David Wenham will topline the voice cast of Animal Logic's 3D animated feature, "Guardians of Ga'hoole," distributor Roadshow Films said Wednesday.

The big-budget fantasy film, in production in Sydney and directed by Zack Snyder, also will feature the voices of Aussie actors Emily Barclay, Abbie Cornish, Emilie de Ravin, Ryan Kwanten and Jay Laga'aia, as well as English actors Miriam Margolyes, Helen Mirren and Jim Sturgess.

The film follows Soren, a young owl enthralled by his father's epic stories of the Guardians of Ga'Hoole, a mythic band of winged warriors who had fought a great battle to save all of owlkind from the evil Pure Ones.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Ryuhei Kitamura's VERSUS

Postby TheButcher on Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:21 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Dorothy of Oz

Postby TheButcher on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:51 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby BuckyO'harre on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:44 pm

DiCaprio and "The Guardians".

DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. announced today that Leonardo DiCaprio will make his animated feature film debut when he headlines the cast of the Company's November 2, 2012 release, "The Guardians" (working title) as Jack Frost.

DiCaprio is the first actor announced for "The Guardians," (working title) which is produced by Christina Steinberg and Nancy Bernstein, and directed by Peter Ramsey.
When an evil spirit called Pitch becomes bent upon taking over the world by inspiring fear in the hearts of kids everywhere, a group of our greatest heroes -- Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, the Sandman and Jack Frost -- band together for the first time, determined to stand in Pitch's way. More than a collection of storybook subjects, "The Guardians" are also a band of superheroes, who possess their own special powers. Now joined in opposition of a common foe, the Guardians heed the call and combine their powers to defeat Pitch and protect the world from his campaign of fear. The film is based on "The Guardians of Childhood," a series of highly anticipated books by William Joyce.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Cryptozoology

Postby TheButcher on Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:13 pm

From Variety:
Illumination Bets on Black for Ani Pitch
Mike Fleming wrote:Jack Black, whose last foray into animation was the hit “Kung Fu Panda,” is the centerpiece for an untitled animated film pitch that is being acquired pre-emptively by Illumination Entertainment, Chris Meledandri’s Uinversal-based family film unit.

The untitled pitch is centered in the world of Cryptozoology, which is the search for legendary creatures whose existence has never actually been confirmed, like the Loch Ness Monster or Bigfoot.

Pitch was made by scribe Jason Micallef, with Black in the room.

Black will produce with partner Ben Cooley through their Electric Dynamite banner, along with Meledandri. Black is expected to voice one of the main characters. UPDATE: Reps for Black and Universal say that his only commitment is as producer, and that he will not supply an onscreen voice. It is Black's first animation project as producer, but he and Cooley are producers on the Black-starrer "Gulliver's Travels" and the docu "Branson." Black's previous producing credits include "Nacho Libre" and "Tenacious D In the Pick of Destiny."

Black is separately reprising his starring role in the “Kung Fu Panda” sequel and lent his voice to “Shark Tale” and the first installment of “Ice Age.”
Micallef previously wrote “Butter,” a script that made the Black List, and has Jennifer Garner attached with Michael De Luca producing. Micallef, who’s repped by WME and Underground Films’ Josh McGuire, most recently rewrote “The King of Kong” for New Line.

Illumination’s first major animation release is “Despicable Me,” which Universal releases July 9, 2010 with Steve Carell the lead voice, and Jason Segel, Danny McBride, Julie Andrews and Russell Brand also voicing characters.

From Heat Vision:
Jack Black gets animated with Crytozoological pitch
Borys Kit wrote:Jack Black is once again heading into the land of animation, this time with a Jason Micallef pitch centering on Cryptozoology that is being preemptively picked up by Universal-based Illumination Entertainment.

Details of the pitch are being kept under lock and key, though it is known to be set in the world of Cryptozoology, which is the study of mythic and legendary creatures such as Bigfoot, the Yeti and the Loch Ness Monster.

Black will produce, though not voice-star at this point, with this Electric Dynamite partner Ben Cooley. Illumination’s Chris Meledandri will also produce.

Black, repped by WME, was the lead voice in DreamWorks Animation’s’ “Kung Fu Panda,” which grossed $215 million domestically. He is reprising his “Panda” character of Po for the sequel, “The Kaboom of Doom,” which is currently in production.

Micallef, repped by WME and Underground Management, wrote the Black List script “Butter,” which is now set up at Mandate with Jennifer Garner attached to star.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Cryptozoo Crew

Postby TheButcher on Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:14 pm

From Variety Aug. 17, 2008:
Alcon snags 'Cryptozoo Crew' - Film unit picks up rights to graphic novel
MARC GRASER wrote:Alcon Entertainment has picked up the feature rights to Jerry Carr and Allan Gross' graphic novel series "Cryptozoo Crew," as well as scribe Joe Gazzam's adaptation of the project.

Plot revolves around a member of a secret organization charged with protecting the identity of strange and rare animals classified as Cryptids. He teams with a beautiful doctor to protect a one-of-a-kind species from falling into the wrong hands.

Alcon co-CEOs Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson will produce the film for the Warner Bros.-based shingle, along with Lloyd Phillips and Circle of Confusion's production arm.

"Cryptozoo Crew" is published by NBM.

Gazzam penned the original script for "Scared Straight," a prison actioner that Nicolas Cage will topline for helmer John Carpenter at Nu Image/Millennium.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:28 am

Dueling cryptozoology films? Fuckin' hell.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Studio Ghibli's: Karigurashi no Arrietty

Postby TheButcher on Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:39 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby RogueScribner on Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:29 pm

My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

PreviousNext

Return to Animation