Planet 51

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Planet 51

Postby LaDracul on Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:12 pm

It was mentioned on this site a while ago, an animated movie about a human astronaut who lands on a distant planet...only he's left behind and an alien boy has to hide him from the other inhabitants who are afraid of an 'alien' invasion.

"E.T." in reverse? Yes.

The cast has The Rock (As the astronaut), Jessica Biel, Seann William Scott and Justin Long.

The deets
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby papalazeru on Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:20 pm

IGN wrote:In addition to the film, New Line is also planning a big toy and merchandise push, as well as a mobile gaming tie-in.

Well that's ruined that good sounding fantasy movie for me.

Expect to see it at your nearest Happy Meal.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Re: Planet 51

Postby Maui on Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:53 am

I saw Planet 51. UGH! Voice casting is terrible (except for John Cleese and Gary Oldman). They basically took the Walle character and modified it somewhat for their movie, right down to the garbage disposal functionality to a little insect like dinosaur hopping around the robot's face. The concept of the human as the alien to the alien planet could have worked well but they just didn't pull it off. Animation was mediocre.

FAIL
Maui
WoWie

Random Animation (Come forward into Dementia-Five!!)

Postby TheButcher on Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:56 pm

Maui wrote:I saw Planet 51. UGH! Voice casting is terrible (except for John Cleese and Gary Oldman). They basically took the Walle character and modified it somewhat for their movie, right down to the garbage disposal functionality to a little insect like dinosaur hopping around the robot's face. The concept of the human as the alien to the alien planet could have worked well but they just didn't pull it off. Animation was mediocre.

FAIL

Thanks for the heads up.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Return to Animation